What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Rashod Bateman, BAL (3 Viewers)

Andrews is out, this is pretty much his last chance to show someting
If he’s still not heavily involved in the offense after this then I hope he forces the issue in the offseason and gets traded to another organization. It was already a bad fit going to a team that historically doesn’t feature the WR that much. Bateman is a prototypical X receiver and just needs to stay healthy and get targets, he’ll handle the rest. He just looks the part.
They seemed to really want to get him involved more- especially last year but maybe being hurt so much has caused him to lose the trust of the team.

I couldn't have been more wrong about Bateman and he has turned into one of those dynasty assets that will rot on your bench. I no longer have any shares. I recently sold him for a 2nd round rookie pick in a DEVY league and that is a league, because the rookie draft is separate from the DEVY draft, tremendously devalues rookie picks and the last pick in the round and a 14 team league. I didn't care. Somehow I don't believe that will come back to haunt me.

Last edited:
Ravens head coach John Harbaugh said WR Rashod Bateman will see the football “a lot more” in 2024.

Harbaugh said at the NFL Combine that he expected Bateman to “take a big step” in his third NFL season. In early February, Harbaugh said Bateman, 24, would be a starter in the Baltimore offense in 2024, a year after he managed a meager 32 catches on 56 targets. Harbaugh’s offseason praise of Bateman is something to file away for fantasy draft season, even if Bateman is sure to be third or fourth in the team’s pass-catching pecking order.

Ravens head coach John Harbaugh said WR Rashod Bateman will see the football “a lot more” in 2024.

Harbaugh said at the NFL Combine that he expected Bateman to “take a big step” in his third NFL season. In early February, Harbaugh said Bateman, 24, would be a starter in the Baltimore offense in 2024, a year after he managed a meager 32 catches on 56 targets. Harbaugh’s offseason praise of Bateman is something to file away for fantasy draft season, even if Bateman is sure to be third or fourth in the team’s pass-catching pecking order.
I'll believe it when I see it. True coach speak there.

Definite coach speak. "A lot more" than 32 catches can be something like 48 catches, and I'm still skeptic he'll get that. Andrews is there, Flowers is there, they brought back Agholor, they'll probably bring another WR in FA and/or the draft, and have to think Likely will get more involved now that he's shown himself capable. That's all while factoring in this is still a run-first team. I stashed Bateman on the off-chance that he's traded, but otherwise he's a cut for me. Won't be worth anything in Baltimore.

I would love for this to be true.

As I understand it, he was still recovering a bit and didn’t have his speed back until a ways into the season.

He’s still just 24, and profiles well. I guess time (and the draft) will tell. I’m assuming OBJ is gone, so that would leave Bateman & Flowers as the 2 primary receivers?

It’ll be interesting to see how this develops.

I would love for this to be true.

As I understand it, he was still recovering a bit and didn’t have his speed back until a ways into the season.

He’s still just 24, and profiles well. I guess time (and the draft) will tell. I’m assuming OBJ is gone, so that would leave Bateman & Flowers as the 2 primary receivers?

It’ll be interesting to see how this develops.
From your lips to God's ears. Drafted the guy three years ago and drumming my fingers .......

From your lips to God's ears. Drafted the guy three years ago and drumming my fingers .......
I bought semi-low in one league, and a little too high in another. Fingers crossed. If he can become a ~50/700/5 guy I’ll count my blessings.

IIRC there was some bad blood between him & Harbaugh for social media comments or something? Maybe that’ll help with a trade.

Wow, I really find the "Similar Threads" suggestions below concerning.
While difficult to argue with results to-date, I still like Bateman’s chances more than any of Quez, Ty Johnson, or Isiah Coulter.

Not sure if we all get the same “similar threads” tho :oldunsure:

L
Wow, I really find the "Similar Threads" suggestions below concerning.
While difficult to argue with results to-date, I still like Bateman’s chances more than any of Quez, Ty Johnson, or Isiah Coulter.

Not sure if we all get the same “similar threads” tho :oldunsure:
Isn that like choosing between the four ugliest girls at closing time?
Not if one of the girls was recovering from facial surgery, but a heck of a try at an analogy. Gold star.

Users who are viewing this thread