What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Rashee Rice, KC (2 Viewers)

If the NFL concludes and has any shred of proof that he fled the scene of a 6 car accident....you can bet yer *** he is missing at a minimum 4 games but possibly up to 8.

If he actually gets convicted of a second degree felony.....huge consequences will be paid.

And they should. He has zero excuses for fleeing the scene of a major accident if it is proven.

Just unreal.

Last edited:
Unless some other bad info comes to light I'm not really worried about him getting jail time. First offense, good attorneys, deep Hunt family connections in Dallas(ironcially this took place within a few miles of Clark Hunts house), and local SMU star. These things are going to help him.

But video gets you suspended. That was a real bad look causing an accident that children were involved and fleeing the scene like you had something to hide. He won't beat the NFL court of public opinion.

As we've found out over the years trying to guess as suspensions is really difficult. Could be 2 games, could be 6-8. Really hard to say how many or when it would take place as the league has started not suspending until cases are adjudicated. The exempt list is only used when the PR is just to much and again barring some additional bad info coming out I don't think that will happen.

My conclusion is he's going to miss some time, maybe half a season. But again with the caveat of unless more bad info comes out he's not going to get cut and I don't see some kind of full season thing or incarceration keeping him away. We are in a bit of an overreaction period and he's a good buy low, especially what I'm seeing him go for.

Unless some other bad info comes to light I'm not really worried about him getting jail time. First offense, good attorneys, deep Hunt family connections in Dallas(ironcially this took place within a few miles of Clark Hunts house), and local SMU star. These things are going to help him.

But video gets you suspended. That was a real bad look causing an accident that children were involved and fleeing the scene like you had something to hide. He won't beat the NFL court of public opinion.

As we've found out over the years trying to guess as suspensions is really difficult. Could be 2 games, could be 6-8. Really hard to say how many or when it would take place as the league has started not suspending until cases are adjudicated. The exempt list is only used when the PR is just to much and again barring some additional bad info coming out I don't think that will happen.

My conclusion is he's going to miss some time, maybe half a season. But again with the caveat of unless more bad info comes out he's not going to get cut and I don't see some kind of full season thing or incarceration keeping him away. We are in a bit of an overreaction period and he's a good buy low, especially what I'm seeing him go for.
I want a Kid like this no where near my team.

Fleeing the scene of a 6 car accident.

Just brilliant.

Says a lot about your character and you as a human being....sorry. I have no tolerance for this kind of "mistake".

He will be suspended IMO 8 games.

Fleeing the scene of a 6 car accident.

Just brilliant.

Says a lot about your character and you as a human being....sorry. I have no tolerance for this kind of "mistake".
And for the record I completely agree with you.

That showed his character and it's no good. Get out with any "mistake" or "young man making a mistake" BS. The mistake was causing an accident, his character got revealed with his lack of humanity afterward.

I’m wondering if his poor character is why it took so long for his role to grow last season. He was very productive in limited doses but it took half a season for him to start getting real usage. Probably because he’s some combination of moron and dbag.

This guy is on FBG's staff and is a practicing attorney. He does updates when players get in legal trouble. Twitter thread on Rice is here:

Here's some relevant info from the thread (I believe that "D" in the second paragraph refers to "defendant"):

My educated guess is that it's not likely to end up with any serious consequence for him.Why not? Let's break it down from a few different angles. These cases are notoriously difficult to prosecute because the main element to prove is placing the person behind the wheel.

The "elements" of the case are what the prosecutor needs to win the case. They have to prove that it happened in the court's jurisdiction, by the defendant, and each part of the crime happened as well. Simple example: Assault - Knowingly cause or attempt to cause physical harm to another. The elements are, did it happen here, by this D, and did the D attempt to cause harm. For this case the main elements that give the prosecutor trouble are proving that the person was there AND was behind the wheel.

By now we've all seen the picture and video that shows someone who looks like Rice and a few other men walking away on the highway.That would seem to place Rice at the scene although I confess that if I saw him on the street I doubt I'd recognize him.

So this brings up the next part of the case and that's placing Rice behind the wheel. A wrinkle in this case is that we don't know who identified him as a driver, or if he was identified as a driver at all. Cross-racial identification issues are a real thing.

As a result, eyewitness accounts are notoriously fraught with issues.We've all seen the dashcam video by now as well, but it comes back to the same issues with eyewitness testimony.If that video is the best they have I'm withholding judgment.

Now pile all this stuff on top of each other
- High speed accident
- How is the ID made?
- How is Rice placed behind the wheel?
- Is there any evidence of any other wrongdoing?
The prosecutor may very well overcome all that, but you can see why I'm not jumping to conclusions about an outcome here. My fantasy opinion wrapped in my legal opinion is quite simple: I'm not worried. Yet. If new facts come out about aggravating factors - DUI, guns, more serious injury - then we can sound the alarm.

But, until that point, I don't see this ending up as a major problem for Rice in 2024 and beyond.I think it's quite possible he ends up missing no time on the field, or worst case a game or two. I struggle to see how it goes beyond that absent some major new facts.
legally there will need to be a smoking gun. If one of those traffic cams or someone got a video of him getting out of the driver seat it would be done but I don't think they have that. And honestly since no one was seriously injured and his celeb status I bet the police don't investigate too much.

Right now, NFL fans are pissed about this... made it'll cool off by the time the season gets close but I know must of us want some flesh.
Fact is it was his car and he was in it, his property hurt people while he was in the area and all he cared about was getting that car clean of those bags and literally walked away from injured people. The NFL is going to dig way deeper than the police, and if some of those witnesses even ID him as the driver he's getting suspended to protect the shield.

Almost guaranteed to not get jail time unless there’s more we don’t know (which is certainly possible).
But yeah, 4 games suspension seems quite reasonable if what we think we know is supported by evidence.

Amelia Mugavero
NEW DETAILS: I was able to track down the owners of a Lamborghini that was involved in Saturday’s crash. The car came from a luxury rental car company in Dallas, which rented out the Lamborghini to Rashee Rice this weekend. Both the Lamborghini and the corvette that caused the crash are registered to Rice. The company says Rice was the only person who should have been driving the Lamborghini. Authorities accuse the drivers and passengers in those cars of leaving the scene without checking if anyone was okay. @CBSNewsTexas

Some seem to think if he gets off with a slap on the wrist legally, the NFL will follow suit. The NFL will come down on him, and the worse this looks, the harder the hammer will fall.

Walking away from the scene of a crime you most likely committed while not even bothering to check on the health of everyone you affected is an extremely ugly look for the NFL to ignore.

Amelia Mugavero
NEW DETAILS: I was able to track down the owners of a Lamborghini that was involved in Saturday’s crash. The car came from a luxury rental car company in Dallas, which rented out the Lamborghini to Rashee Rice this weekend. Both the Lamborghini and the corvette that caused the crash are registered to Rice. The company says Rice was the only person who should have been driving the Lamborghini. Authorities accuse the drivers and passengers in those cars of leaving the scene without checking if anyone was okay. @CBSNewsTexas
So from this info he had to be driving both cars.

Amelia Mugavero
No. That's not what it says at all.

Amelia Mugavero
My post was mainly in humor, but, to explain. The rental agreement said only he could drive the Lambo. I'm guessing his prevailing insurance said only he can drive the Corvette and not some tooled up, drunk friend of his he met at the bowling alley.

Not a crazy assumption to make that in the eyes of the law here if he wasn't driving both cars then he is in trouble anyways for this. If he was driving one he still is. Either way, he cannot claim not to have been driving at least one of the cars.

My guess is the actual legal **** becomes a plea deal and a bunch of admin and not much. But NFL ban is at least a year and Chiefs feel/are pressured to release him.

My guess is the actual legal **** becomes a plea deal and a bunch of admin and not much. But NFL ban is at least a year and Chiefs feel/are pressured to release him.
This is my thought also.. After the Andy Reid son stuff and the prior incident by players (Hunt and Hill to name a few), I think KC will cut their losses here fast after a suspended is handed down. Time will tell.

I read tonight, both cars that were racing were registered to Rice. The Lambo and Corvette.

Amelia Mugavero
My post was mainly in humor, but, to explain. The rental agreement said only he could drive the Lambo. I'm guessing his prevailing insurance said only he can drive the Corvette and not some tooled up, drunk friend of his he met at the bowling alley.

Not a crazy assumption to make that in the eyes of the law here if he wasn't driving both cars then he is in trouble anyways for this. If he was driving one he still is. Either way, he cannot claim not to have been driving at least one of the cars.
Why would his insurance on the Corvette say that only he can drive it? Does he own the car? Most personal auto insurance covers anyone driving the car. Rental insurance is the outlier where they typically want to limit it to one driver.

Amelia Mugavero
from a liability standpoint it probably hurts him - civilly as well, since he likely signed a contract saying he was the only person authorized to drive the lambo.

This is reaching new levels of dumbassery.

Why would his insurance on the Corvette say that only he can drive it? Does he own the car? Most personal auto insurance covers anyone driving the car. Rental insurance is the outlier where they typically want to limit it to one driver.
I believe that was the rental. Pretty boilerplate contract language on rentals, and probably moreso on a luxury rental.

That’s true, but “in trouble anyway” over the rental is just contractual. Probably liable for damage under the rental agreement, but less concern than criminal trouble being in one vs the other.

Completely different crime but for a good year, a lot of Saints fans were positive Alvin Kamara would be suspended for a full season. Ended up being three games, which was on no one’s bingo card after initial reports.

A lot is going to depend if (and how much) Rice’s crime gets national coverage in non-sports national media. So far, the only notice I’ve seen of the Rice incident is this thread. I’m sure ESPN and local news in Dallas and KC have covered it, but it’s not dominating the national conversation like Ray Rice did. Accordingly, the shield may avoid getting sufficiently embarrassed to feel they need to throw an encyclopedia at Rice (see also, again, Kamara’s outcome). Time will pass, people will forget, lawyers will slow down the works … the NFL might not feel by mid-2025 that there’s still a huge PR hit they must mitigate.

Sounds like he OWNS the Corvettte, but only RENTED the Lambo
So, unless he has weird insurance on his Corvette, any licensed driver should typically be able to drive it.
Not so much for the rented Lambo.
Unless there is proof Rashee was the driver of either vehicle, I bet his lawyer will say he was a passenger.

Completely different crime but for a good year, a lot of Saints fans were positive Alvin Kamara would be suspended for a full season. Ended up being three games, which was on no one’s bingo card after initial reports.

A lot is going to depend if (and how much) Rice’s crime gets national coverage in non-sports national media. So far, the only notice I’ve seen of the Rice incident is this thread. I’m sure ESPN and local news in Dallas and KC have covered it, but it’s not dominating the national conversation like Ray Rice did. Accordingly, the shield may avoid getting sufficiently embarrassed to feel they need to throw an encyclopedia at Rice (see also, again, Kamara’s outcome). Time will pass, people will forget, lawyers will slow down the works … the NFL might not feel by mid-2025 that there’s still a huge PR hit they must mitigate.
Crash covered on mainstream national news today.

Crash covered on mainstream national news today.
OK. Now it has to linger.

Out of curiosity, where did you catch it? I’m going to check Google News and see what kind of outlets have given it coverage.

EDIT: right now on Google News’ aggregation site, Rashee Rice doesn’t make ‘Page 1’ of even the Sports stories.

Last edited:
Call me naive, but I'm calling no suspension and I will be blown away if he gets more than 4 games.

The gun accusations are laughable.

Call me naive, but I'm calling no suspension and I will be blown away if he gets more than 4 games.

The gun accusations are laughable.
You’re not naive, you’re realistic.

The internet always overreacts.

Actual attorneys have said they doubt he gets in any major legal trouble. Nobody was hurt bad so the story will be forgotten in a few weeks.

0-4 games suspension. I’d guess 0 or 2.

Schefter really rubs my nuts the wrong way, man... "More about Chiefs wide receiver Rashee Rice cooperating with authorities in Dallas..."

After 2 days he finally comes forward, and you get the courtesy of "cooperating with authorities"?

So, unless he has weird insurance on his Corvette, any licensed driver should typically be able to drive it.
Unless there is proof Rashee was the driver of either vehicle, I bet his lawyer will say he was a passenger.
I thought the report indicated the Corvette was a LEASE and the Lambo was a weekend RENTAL
Insurance on a Lease could be different, I am not familiar with it

The one thing that is not going away and will linger is the video. The NFL is not held to any legal actions or consequences that may or may not be rendered. The cars are registered to him. He owns or rented the cars involved. The cars were involved in a high-speed accident involving multiple cars that endangered the lives of everyone involved. The fact that no one was killed or seriously injured was a blessing to Rice and all the people involved in all the cars. You can have lawyers write articles on proving this and that and not sure and maybe if more stuff comes out "blah" blah". The video is a tattoo on the event and the cars registered to Rice. You add leaving the scene where injuries occurred. I'm grateful no one was killed or maimed that is the priority no matter the outcome for Rice as a player but I can not see the NFL looking at that video and saying two games. This seems unlikely.

Based on all the evidence we have seen he needs to be banned by the NFL for life and do 15 years in prison.
Ruggs got 3 to 10 for felony DUI resulting in death, a plea deal, could've been more. I see sports cars dangerously speeding and weaving in and out of traffic regularly on busy I-95. But leaving the scene of an accident like Rice had is obviously on another level. Lucky there were only minor injuries. I expect a 4 to 8 game ban by the NFL. He was celebrating with family including his mom a few hours early. The Kayla lady will get a settlement.

The value of WRs 4 & 5 in the draft went up a little. In the Mock Draft by @RC94 KC trades up with ARI to get Brian Thomas. That was before this incident. BUF is also in the market for a WR.

I believe that was the rental. Pretty boilerplate contract language on rentals, and probably moreso on a luxury rental.
Yeah, I already noted that in the post you quoted. The Lambo was listed as a rental, so either both are rentals or only the Lambo is. Thus my reply.

I thought the report indicated the Corvette was a LEASE and the Lambo was a weekend RENTAL
Insurance on a Lease could be different, I am not familiar with it
No, insurance on a lease is typically the same as insurance on a car you own. It could vary if you obtain your insurance from the company you lease from….

Schefter really rubs my nuts the wrong way, man... "More about Chiefs wide receiver Rashee Rice cooperating with authorities in Dallas..."

After 2 days he finally comes forward, and you get the courtesy of "cooperating with authorities"?
After 2 days... a nice Easter family day, then Monday a few calls to a lawyer and a statement later in the afternoon

meanwhile people are in the hospital and damaged property

After 2 days... a nice Easter family day, then Monday a few calls to a lawyer and a statement later in the afternoon

Would you go to the cops without a top lawyer if you were Rice? I wouldn’t.

I wonder if Rice left the scene because he was driving under the infuence and needed to sober up. Just a theory.
Or maybe he left the scene because he forgot to put on deodorant?

Or maybe he left the scene because he abducted Mahomes' 3rd cousin and was holding him for ransom in his hidden basement/sump room/Starburst counterfetting lab until Mahomes threw him more TD passes?

Theories suck, stick with what's known.

I wonder if Rice left the scene because he was driving under the infuence and needed to sober up. Just a theory.
Or maybe he left the scene because he forgot to put on deodorant?

Or maybe he left the scene because he abducted Mahomes' 3rd cousin and was holding him for ransom in his hidden basement/sump room/Starburst counterfetting lab until Mahomes threw him more TD passes?

Theories suck, stick with what's known.
I agree ...Speculation sucks.... but Rice was at a Bowling Alley ... was he drinking ?? I don't know .. but most Bowling Alleys serve beer/alcohol.
It was an "ASSumption" and it was based on perception in society today.

Yes, there is nothing concrete to prove/disprove he was under the influence, but I wager the cameras at the Alley will show if he was drinking.

Schefter really rubs my nuts the wrong way, man... "More about Chiefs wide receiver Rashee Rice cooperating with authorities in

Would you go to the cops without a top lawyer if you were Rice? I wouldn’t.

More about Chiefs wide receiver Rashee Rice cooperating with authorities in Dallas after 2 days in hiding and lawyering up"

Would be an apt and accurate title for an impartial journalist

Users who are viewing this thread