What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR N'Keal Harry - CHI (1 Viewer)

I feel like Bal passing game is going to improve and while there are better immediate destinations, I don’t think it’s all doom. 
I hope so. I own Lamar Jackson in the league I have 1.01 so would get double points if Balt took Harry. I do like Jackson so maybe there is hope

NFL Media's Lance Zierlein compares Arizona State WR N'Keal Harry to Allen Robinson.

Harry (6'0/228) "thrives with contested catch opportunities" and is a "back-shoulder boss" according to Zierlein, and that, of course, is exactly how Robinson scored 14 touchdowns in his second season. The question about Harry's game is if he has enough acceleration to separate in the NFL or if he's going to be solely relying on winning jump balls. One NFL receivers coach called the talk of separation "overblown" since receivers rarely separate against NFL corners, but Harry showed surprisingly quick legs at the NFL Scouting Combine (4.53-second forty) anyways. That time cemented himself as a Round 1 or Round 2 pick.

SOURCE: NFL.com

Mar 10, 2019, 2:35 PM

Last edited by a moderator:
The Ringer's Danny Kelly compares Arizona State WR N'Keal Harry to Alshon Jeffery.

Kelly also sees some JuJu Smith-Schuster in Harry's game as a big-bodied slot receiver. All three players are average or above average athletes, but they all win big and are crafty with the ball in their hands. Harry (6'0/228) enters the draft with two 1,000-yard seasons and he hasn't even had his age-21 season yet. His high-end production will get him drafted inside the top-64 picks.

SOURCE: The Ringer

Mar 16, 2019, 5:23 PM

Harry is my 1.01 as long as he’s not in Baltimore. It’s not close in my eyes.
Starting to agree. He has everything you'd want except the deep speed. Although some would say he cant separate. After watching some full games, its clear he has a lot of agility for his size. He's definitely not stiff. 

Starting to agree. He has everything you'd want except the deep speed. Although some would say he cant separate. After watching some full games, its clear he has a lot of agility for his size. He's definitely not stiff. 
He was uber productive in college. That doesn’t happen if you can’t get open enough

NFL Film's Greg Cosell writes that Arizona State WR N'Keal Harry will be viewed as a "perfect fit in the evolving NFL pass game."

Harry (6'0/228) could be a major factor in the short passing game, something that's been increasingly popular in the new-age offenses. Cosell believes the NFL will view Harry as a versatile receiver with an ability to win both inside and out. Harry has "strong hands" and showed "nuance as a route runner" but Cosell lists a lack of a second gear as a weakness. Harry's production and strong tape grades put him squarely on the Day 1/2 borderline.

SOURCE: Greg Cosell on Twitter

Mar 22, 2019, 4:01 PM

I see Julio 2.0. What is the ideal landing spot?
I think Seattle is an underrated destination for one of the top rookie WRs. Niners, Packers, Chiefs (assuming that Hill is exonerated, otherwise they are the ideal destination period), Pittsburgh and Indy would be my top spots. 

Yeah I think Seattle could be the sneaky answer to this question. They need a true #1. Don't know their draft pick status, though.

I think Seattle is an underrated destination for one of the top rookie WRs. Niners, Packers, Chiefs (assuming that Hill is exonerated, otherwise they are the ideal destination period), Pittsburgh and Indy would be my top spots. 

Yeah I think Seattle could be the sneaky answer to this question. They need a true #1. Don't know their draft pick status, though.
They need it.  N'Keal and RW would be incredible if they got a coach who would let them chuck. 

Green Bay. Rodgers can make Adam's a 2nd round start up pick.
Rodgers throws a lot of back shoulder passes. Adams is really good, but the back shoulder was Nelson's thing, and Adams hasnt seemed to make that his bread and butter yet, at least from what I've seen. Harry is really good at making adjustments on the ball, so I think this would be a great landing spot. 

However, I think GB may be more ideal for AJ Brown. Brown is a slot guy. GB doesn't have one of those and it was obvious they missed that presence whenever Cobb was hurt (which was all the time). 

Not to mention, Harry projects as a prototypical X WR, which is already occupied by Adams. 

I really think GB goes for a guy like Marquis Brown (I hope not), Isabella, AJ Brown, Campbell... guys who might fit more into the slot role. 

I can see GB taking a WR round 2. TE and OL round 1. 

Rodgers throws a lot of back shoulder passes. Adams is really good, but the back shoulder was Nelson's thing, and Adams hasnt seemed to make that his bread and butter yet, at least from what I've seen. Harry is really good at making adjustments on the ball, so I think this would be a great landing spot. 

However, I think GB may be more ideal for AJ Brown. Brown is a slot guy. GB doesn't have one of those and it was obvious they missed that presence whenever Cobb was hurt (which was all the time). 

Not to mention, Harry projects as a prototypical X WR, which is already occupied by Adams. 

I really think GB goes for a guy like Marquis Brown (I hope not), Isabella, AJ Brown, Campbell... guys who might fit more into the slot role. 

I can see GB taking a WR round 2. TE and OL round 1. 
That’s a good point about Harry who is an X. AJ Brown could play either WR spot

Good points. Also they have Allison, MVS, Moore, and ESB to fight over the Z. It's doubtful they draft Harry just to battle with their 2nd year guys. I'd have to think they're hoping one of them develops, the odds are one of them will.

If Green Bay takes Isabella, he'd be my rookie wr2 for this draft. That would be exciting.

Good points. Also they have Allison, MVS, Moore, and ESB to fight over the Z. It's doubtful they draft Harry just to battle with their 2nd year guys. I'd have to think they're hoping one of them develops, the odds are one of them will.

If Green Bay takes Isabella, he'd be my rookie wr2 for this draft. That would be exciting.
I think jake kumerow has to be somewhere in that conversation. Rodgers seemed to like him a lot and I’ll have to look but I think he got some work late in the season.

He doesn’t have to be a bust to not be “Julio 2.0”, which I think most would agree he has little chance to be.  
Certainly it is a lofty comp and odds are very low for anyone to have the career Julio has. Even Julio could have had a different arc if he hadn't landed with Matt Ryan and generally good to great offenses (which ofcourse he was partly responsible for) I love everything about Harry and to me he is about as good as a WR prospect can be. Even when Julio came out, he had detractors. Most people liked AJ Green more (not that it was a bad call, AJ is great as well). I was in the Julio camp and I am just as firmly in the Harry camp. 

Certainly it is a lofty comp and odds are very low for anyone to have the career Julio has. Even Julio could have had a different arc if he hadn't landed with Matt Ryan and generally good to great offenses (which ofcourse he was partly responsible for) I love everything about Harry and to me he is about as good as a WR prospect can be. Even when Julio came out, he had detractors. Most people liked AJ Green more (not that it was a bad call, AJ is great as well). I was in the Julio camp and I am just as firmly in the Harry camp. 
He’s more Nuk than Julio. 😁

He’s more Nuk than Julio. 😁
He’s not as fast/athletic as Julio but he’s bigger and faster than Nuk. Allen Robinson is probably a better comp if we are looking at numbers or playing style. When I say Julio 2.0, I mean from a prospect level. He’s as close to a sure thing as there can be and he has both an incredible ceiling and floor.

He’s not as fast/athletic as Julio but he’s bigger and faster than Nuk. Allen Robinson is probably a better comp if we are looking at numbers or playing style. When I say Julio 2.0, I mean from a prospect level. He’s as close to a sure thing as there can be and he has both an incredible ceiling and floor.
I agree. I think he’s the safest prospect in this draft with a WR2 floor and a ceiling of best WR in the game one day.

He doesn’t have to be a bust to not be “Julio 2.0”, which I think most would agree he has little chance to be.  
I'm just curious what @skinfanjon dislikes about Harry. to come into a thread and basically say "haha you're all going to be disappointed" doesnt offer much substance to the conversation. The fact that hes said nothing else since making that comment tells me, so far, that he has no specifics and just came in here to pee on someone's cheerios. I hope I'm wrong because this is a discussion I'd love to have

I think most of us in here would absolutely welcome some discussion on what people dont like about him, or maybe dont like as much. 

I, for one, am torn between him and AJ Brown. So any discussion on negatives may help me decide or lock in what I already think

What, aside from landing spot, is stopping Harry from being a future elite WR? 

Well Jerry Rice and Art Monk are 2 great examples of WRs who were not fast, but ran great routes and had great hands. They made contested catches all the time, there was never a doubt. Maybe we put too much emphasis on speed sometimes. 

Well Jerry Rice and Art Monk are 2 great examples of WRs who were not fast, but ran great routes and had great hands. They made contested catches all the time, there was never a doubt. Maybe we put too much emphasis on speed sometimes. 
I think speed is Harry's biggest negative. but he's not slow. hes just not blazing fast. So it's more of an average speed in line with elite everything else.

Harry is a beast. Good route running and quickness are more important than speed. 

Harry has plenty of speed. Juju ran a 4.53 as well. 

I hope and pray he falls to pick 5 for me in my superflex...

I'm just curious what @skinfanjon dislikes about Harry. to come into a thread and basically say "haha you're all going to be disappointed" doesnt offer much substance to the conversation. The fact that hes said nothing else since making that comment tells me, so far, that he has no specifics and just came in here to pee on someone's cheerios. I hope I'm wrong because this is a discussion I'd love to have

I think most of us in here would absolutely welcome some discussion on what people dont like about him, or maybe dont like as much. 

I, for one, am torn between him and AJ Brown. So any discussion on negatives may help me decide or lock in what I already think

What, aside from landing spot, is stopping Harry from being a future elite WR? 
We've already had this discussion.  He's fairly slow and doesn't separate.  He does have good ball skills and knows how to wall off defenders fairly well.  If he lands in a good spot he can absolutely be a contributor with WR2 upside, but to compare him to an athletic freak like Julio (or Green, or whomever else as a prospect) is ridiculous.

If someone wants to burn a top 3 pick on a low ceiling prospect, be my guest.  Same goes for Brown.  Maybe its a difference in philosophies, I don't know, but I see several prospects with very high ceilings and these aren't them.  These guys slot in somewhere around picks 6-11 to me and it's landing spot dependant where exactly.

IMO there is a clear top tier of 5 prospects in this draft.  One big wildcard.  And another 5 guys that have lower ceilings but could still be useful.  I'm just saying it for those that are undecided and reading this.  There IS another school of thought despite a couple vocal posters locking in the same guys over and over and over.

These are mostly opinions, much like yours.  The one thing that definitely isn't an opinion is calling Harry another Julio.  The two are nothing alike.

Well separating or not, he’s been awesome in college. Good NFL players are usually awesome in college. 
Which is why I think he'll be decently successful at the next level.  Really good ones though usually have production, plus athleticism, and strong separation skills.  He has 1/3.  A good QB and system can turn that into a wr 2, which is fine.  I just prefer to aim higher with a top 3 pick.

Which is why I think he'll be decently successful at the next level.  Really good ones though usually have production, plus athleticism, and strong separation skills.  He has 1/3.  A good QB and system can turn that into a wr 2, which is fine.  I just prefer to aim higher with a top 3 pick.
Meh, is this really true?  I'm looking at the top 6 ranked dynasty WRs right now (Nuk, OBJ, Thomas, JuJu, Evans, and Adams) and really only OBJ had elite athleticism/separation skills as a prospect.

He HAS good athleticism. He ran a 4.5 at 6’2” 228 lbs. 

who is your wr1? 

Meh, is this really true?  I'm looking at the top 6 ranked dynasty WRs right now (Nuk, OBJ, Thomas, JuJu, Evans, and Adams) and really only OBJ had elite athleticism/separation skills as a prospect.
Some elite WRs dont even get that much separation.  Thomas, Adams, Evans, Juju, and especially Hopkins are all guys who win by making plays in tight coverage. 

They are good route runners, but also can go up and get the football above the defender or use their strength and body positionin to haul in balls in traffic. 

this. Harry is in the mold of most of this list 
I'm not revealing my rankings because people in my league read this board.

I meant as a prospect.  He is not an elite prospect in the mold of Julio, Green,Calvin, Moss, etc.  All kinds of guys we never sniffed out end up becoming elite, which is another topic altogether.  I'm saying his qualifications as a prospect fall well short of Julio, which is what prompted my response.  

I meant as a prospect.  He is not an elite prospect in the mold of Julio, Green,Calvin, Moss, etc.  All kinds of guys we never sniffed out end up becoming elite, which is another topic altogether.  I'm saying his qualifications as a prospect fall well short of Julio, which is what prompted my response.  
But you are okay revealing to your league you don’t think much of Harry? That’s inconsistent

do you see any of the wr in this class having elite potential?

Users who are viewing this thread