What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR N'Keal Harry - CHI (1 Viewer)

he broke out as a freshman... he has dominated the college scene each season.

Hard to find something not to like. He has the complete package. 

There isn't much not to like. I can see liking another wr better (brown, metcalf), but you wont find many people agreeing that he is just a stat compiler like Montgomery. 
Lack of separation/route running is my biggest concern.  That's a big one for me and trumps big numbers.

Lack of separation/route running is my biggest concern.  That's a big one for me and trumps big numbers.
Dane Brugler has mentioned this as a serious concern about Hakeem Butler, but you seem to like him (I like him as well), but I am confused why you would like a guy who has documented route running concerns, but think of Harry negatively because of it. 

Dane Brugler has mentioned this as a serious concern about Hakeem Butler, but you seem to like him (I like him as well), but I am confused why you would like a guy who has documented route running concerns, but think of Harry negatively because of it. 
It's a fair question but the simple answer is Butler has far more athleticism.  If I'm betting on one of these guys getting coached up at the next level is the one with freakish traits.

Probably a similar line of thinking to yours about DK, who I also like.  He has his flaws but the measurables are crazy.  Again, a landing spot like Indy would quench a lot of my concerns and move him up my boards, but in a neutral spot I think he lacks big upside at the next level and would rather aim higher.

It's a fair question but the simple answer is Butler has far more athleticism.  If I'm betting on one of these guys getting coached up at the next level is the one with freakish traits.

Probably a similar line of thinking to yours about DK, who I also like.  He has his flaws but the measurables are crazy.  Again, a landing spot like Indy would quench a lot of my concerns and move him up my boards, but in a neutral spot I think he lacks big upside at the next level and would rather aim higher.
Thanks for explaining. Helps me as I gather my opinions on these wrs. 

Thanks for explaining. Helps me as I gather my opinions on these wrs. 
No doubt.  Not a knock on Harry but I like that Butler has been working with Calvin and his attitude about feeling overlooked too.  That's just a feeling more than anything else, but could have saved Doctson believers, for instance.  Guy has all the tools but is Charmin soft.  Getting the opposite vibe from Butler.

This would be an accurate description.

And you’re kind of coming across as toolish with this response.  My .02, which likely hasn’t been earned...so more like .01.
I have to earn respect through numbers of posts and how much time I dedicate to a forum? Assuming and judging who people are in a forum is a slippery slope.

Lets just say that yesterday, I was talking with a Big Ten WR coach, in person, about technique, routes, progression, releases, how a certain player is off the field, coaches we coached together with, the next progression in his career, and summer programs. 

I have to earn respect through numbers of posts and how much time I dedicate to a forum? Assuming and judging who people are in a forum is a slippery slope.

Lets just say that yesterday, I was talking with a Big Ten WR coach, in person, about technique, routes, progression, releases, how a certain player is off the field, coaches we coached together with, the next progression in his career, and summer programs. 
No. But I'm not going to weigh some random's opinion more than someone like Zyphros, who is incredibly knowledgable. For all I know, that random is some 14 year old kid who knows absolutely nothing and gets his jollies off debating on message boards. 

If you want to talk about Corey Davis I'd welcome the discussion in the Corey Davis thread.

This is the Harry thread. 

No. But I'm not going to weigh some random's opinion more than someone like Zyphros, who is incredibly knowledgable. For all I know, that random is some 14 year old kid who knows absolutely nothing and gets his jollies off debating on message boards. 

If you want to talk about Corey Davis I'd welcome the discussion in the Corey Davis thread.

This is the Harry thread. 
I know nothing

No doubt.  Not a knock on Harry but I like that Butler has been working with Calvin and his attitude about feeling overlooked too.  That's just a feeling more than anything else, but could have saved Doctson believers, for instance.  Guy has all the tools but is Charmin soft.  Getting the opposite vibe from Butler.
Man that is so freaking true, another wasted draft pick. We could have drafted Michael Thomas but took that bum instead  :bag:

Man that is so freaking true, another wasted draft pick. We could have drafted Michael Thomas but took that bum instead  :bag:
Yep, and this is why landing spot is so important.  I bet if you flip those players, Doctson becomes semi useful with Brees, maybe a WR3, and Thomas drops to a high end WR3 or low end WR2.

Skins are a toxic organization.  Everyone we draft is facing an uphill climb to reach their potential right off the bat.  Guys may get drafted to bad spots with consideration to scheme or talent, but coaches and QBs change.  Piss poor organizations do not.  I really don't think there's a worse culture in the league.

these rookie drafts are gonna get weird when harry, metcalf, brown and butler  end up in baltimore, buffalo, oakland and tennessee

Last edited by a moderator:
these rookie drafts are gonna get weird when harry, metcalf, brown and butler  end up in baltimore, buffalo, oakland and tennessee
IMO the most likely landing spots:

Metcalf- Buffalo

Harry - Baltimore :(

Butler - Cleveland

Brown - Indianapolis 

It's possible Harry gets grabbed by Oakland. I dont see Oakland as a terrible landing spot. Buffalo would be good as well. That offense is turning a corner. 

Metcalf- Buffalo

Butler - Cleveland

Brown - Indianapolis 

It's possible Harry gets grabbed by Oakland. I dont see Oakland as a terrible landing spot. Buffalo would be good as well. That offense is turning a corner. 
i think metcalf in buffalo isnt as terrible as the other 3 ending up in the other 3 places, but not ideal  *edit the 3 places the I mentioned, not your list

Those teams need wrs....so they will be drafting one
yeah, i dont have any top half picks this year so its inconsequential for me, unless it causes one of them to slide, which im not sure how i feel about honestly

Metcalf- Buffalo

Butler - Cleveland

Brown - Indianapolis 
If this happens, tough choice between Butler and Metcalf.

Edit: forgot this is the Harry thread. Baltimore is a great spot for those who like him with a middle-late 1st.

Metcalf- Buffalo

Butler - Cleveland

Brown - Indianapolis 

Are you thinking all these guys go Rd 1?

Dr. Dan said:

Metcalf- Buffalo

Butler - Cleveland

Brown - Indianapolis 

Harry needs to get by Baltimore (or taken earlier say by Buffalo if Metcalf goes to Oakland) which I think is the worst landing spot for any WR right now. Though I do think Lamar Jackson can become a more accurate passer. But really anywhere other than Baltimore and I think I’m taking Harry 1.01. You can produce the way he did if you can’t get open and he’s fast enough with great size.

Now you really piqued my interest.  Which are dropping to Rd 2 (or lower?). 
I think AJ Brown slips to early round 2. Butler I think slips to 2 also. I'm not so sure these guys are guaranteed round 1. IMO Harry and Metcalf are the only 2 for sure round 1 WRs. However, I think it's quite possible a guy like Harmon goes end of round 1 (NE maybe?). Its also possible an unknown gets round 1 talk based off a good pro day or combine. I wouldnt be surprised to see Butler as the one a team falls in love with based off his combine. Cleveland wouldnt v a bad spot mid round 1. If Harry falls to Baltimore I think he falls no further. Hoping someone scoops him up sooner

I love the "I don't need respect on a message board," followed by "i sat next to a WR coach in a bar yesterday" schtick.

My problem with Harry is my mind.  When I look at the numbers he basically passes all the tests.  When I watch him play he passes SOME of the tests I look for.  So my mind is split between what I see and what the numbers tell me.  I like to think I use both and I guess we'll find out which one I prefer to listen to, I just don't know right now.  I'll have to re-watch him some since more games are posted by now, but my mind is undecided on which way I want to lean.  I think he's still very clearly a top5 rookie pick, just not so sure if I would take him earlier or later.  

Dont agree, but I can understand.

More interesting is Butler vs Harry. Similar players. Better catch rate for Harry, but Butler is the better athlete, faster and more fluid. 
Butler has one year of production versus Harry who was productive as a freshman

This is what it ultimately comes down to for me. He produced every season, even as a freshman. That is huge
I view Butler as more of a project because of this. I think it’s going to take him some time to thrive in the NFL. I see Harry as more NFL ready also with a high ceiling and low floor.

Harry is my 1.01 as long as he’s not in Baltimore. It’s not close in my eyes.

Maybe my memory is off, but I do think that he has brought that up before. I have no idea at which program (if he even said which) but I think he said he coaches at the college level.
He was a low-level coach at a D-3 program. But is now an Asst Coach in high school. He is always intentionally vague on the specifics, because the truth isn't as impressive as he would like us to believe.

Oh and he uses multiple aliases on FBG too.

NFL.com's Chad Reuter's projected Arizona State WR N'Keal Harry to be selected by the Baltimore Ravens with pick No. 22.

This is a big jump from Reuter's previous mock where he had Harry being selected at pick No. 46. Harry is the second wideout off the board in this mock draft behind only Ole Miss WR D.K. Metcalf. Reuters comments that "Harry proved his athleticism at the combine" after posting an 88th percentile athletic composite score and "the Ravens need a big receiver who can win downfield." Harry would be able to help Lamar Jackson improve upon some of his passing woes if Baltimore does end up snagging him.

SOURCE: NFL.com

Mar 9, 2019, 12:38 PM

Users who are viewing this thread