What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Kadarius Toney, KC (1 Viewer)

I could see contrasting of egos with Toney and Dabol not getting along here.
This is 100% on Toney (and I'm a fan of his) - the guy refuses to practice - how can Daboll play a guy that is always "too injured" to practice?
Totally agree. I thought maybe it was a Daboll thing after the first week but Toney's lack of practice and constant injuries since and then all of last year indicate that it's Toney who is the problem. How can you injure your other hamstring when you aren't even practicing? I knew when there were rumors that they were trying to trade him in the offseason after 1 year after drafting him in the first round it was a huge warning sign. Toney has done absolutely nothing to dispel the fact that the Giants should keep him or he "deserves" anything at all.

This is 100% on Toney (and I'm a fan of his) - the guy refuses to practice - how can Daboll play a guy that is always "too injured" to practice?
Totally agree. I thought maybe it was a Daboll thing after the first week but Toney's lack of practice and constant injuries since and then all of last year indicate that it's Toney who is the problem. How can you injure your other hamstring when you aren't even practicing? I knew when there were rumors that they were trying to trade him in the offseason after 1 year after drafting him in the first round it was a huge warning sign. Toney has done absolutely nothing to dispel the fact that the Giants should keep him or he "deserves" anything at all.
The Giants were just a bad team overall for him. The team clearly needed OLine and QB help. Can't get a WR and then expect anything when theres Zero OL or QB. Not saying Toney doesn't have his issues but it was just poor environment overall. They also could've used defensive help. This is also a new regime too so guys here now likely many won't be after this year. Hell the team even had Barkley on the block.

The Giants were just a bad team overall for him. The team clearly needed OLine and QB help. Can't get a WR and then expect anything when theres Zero OL or QB. Not saying Toney doesn't have his issues but it was just poor environment overall. They also could've used defensive help. This is also a new regime too so guys here now likely many won't be after this year. Hell the team even had Barkley on the block.
Questioning the wisdom of the pick (WR) is fair but what Toney has (not) done with his opportunity seems to be all him. I don't know much about him but his path to the draft and pro career thus far suggest he might be a bit of a snowflake - possibly in the "soft" sense of the word and definitely in the "I'm special" sense of it. Who tries to pull an Iverson in his situation?

What I think he may have benefitted from is a vet with WR1 credentials in that locker room to "tune him up" (as my dad used to say). Who's that guy here? Sterling Shepard? His peer mentors are teaching him how to be injured I guess...

Questioning the wisdom of the pick (WR) is fair but what Toney has (not) done with his opportunity seems to be all him. I don't know much about him but his path to the draft and pro career thus far suggest he might be a bit of a snowflake - possibly in the "soft" sense of the word and definitely in the "I'm special" sense of it. Who tries to pull an Iverson in his situation?

What I think he may have benefitted from is a vet with WR1 credentials in that locker room to "tune him up" (as my dad used to say). Who's that guy here? Sterling Shepard? His peer mentors are teaching him how to be injured I guess...
I think it's a complete copout to blame or deflect his situation to anyone but Toney. He's a professional player getting paid a lot of money to do a job and I think it's clear that he has issues. The only one that can solve those issues are Toney himself.

Is there really a need to be using the bolded at all and no theres no other meaning then what it is originally used for.

Mentor vets are definitely needed in that locker room. Thats why I said the Giants failed him but also others.

Andrew Thomas highest rated offensive player per PFF. Jones just outplayed Rodgers. I laugh in your general direction.

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports teams are "keeping an eye" on Kadarius Toney.​

"Mostly, teams want to know what's up with Toney, whose obvious talent has been overshadowed," Fowler adds. Us too, teams. Both Toney and Darius Slayton, are listed as potential trade candidates for the Giants, as they have seemed to be for about six months now.
SOURCE: ESPN
Oct 18, 2022, 2:12 PM ET

Kadarius Toney (hamstring) will not practice Wednesday.​

Toney, reportedly drawing trade interest from several NFL teams, hasn't played since Week 2 against the Panthers and has struggled with injuries to both hamstrings, though coach Brian Daboll said there are no plans to put the receiver on injured reserve. Even if Toney somehow suits up this week against the Jaguars, he would likely operate as the team's No. 3 receiver, at best. Wan'Dale Robinson is widely believed to be the WR1 going forward.
SOURCE: Paul Schwartz on Twitter
Oct 19, 2022, 12:21 PM ET

IF (big IF) he was healthy this whole time and Giants were just holding him out to trade him, then he could be a very solid bench stash right now to see how this plays out.

this seems a lot like FF hell for all KC WRs.

Just as Juju & Hardman were sort of coming on, too.

Good luck starting the right one on a weekly basis, folks. :shrug:

Wonder if this means Skyy Moore might be inactive going forward. He's fumbled multiple times, and in theory, Hardman could/would take over PRs if he's seeing less WR snaps.
Maybe for this year.

I doubt they give up on a 2nd round pick after half a season.

I’d hold in dynasty.

fantasy wise its kind of a mess for all involved....except for Mahomes....he has another ball in the pin ball machine.....crazy....solid move,...he can take his time to heal up and then KC has VERY solid depth at WR moving forward and some crazy speed....

Toney...JuJu...MVS...Hardman...Moore...Kelce...CEL.

Good luck starting anyone other than Kelce.
I'm gonna be on the other side of this one. I think there is value to be mined here. JuJu feels like the clear #1 WR, he's also got a very different skill set than the other guys, so his role feels safe.

If Toney can get back to where he was for that 2.5 game stretch his rookie year, I could see him making quick work of Moore/Hardman, and being ahead of MVS, who is/has always been 1 dimensional. There is a certainly a possible scenario, where the passing game is Kelce, JuJu, Toney, as the clear top-3 guys, in few weeks once Toney is up to speed.

I don't think they traded a 3 for a depth piece. I also think they have been pretty disappointed by MVS/Hardman/Moore, and none of those guys demand targets. Not saying Toney suddenly becomes a WR2 for fantasy or anything, but he's certainly increased in value with this trade.

Cool, so now he can not practice and not play for the Chiefs.

Odd trade for the Chiefs...WR doesn't exactly strike me as a problem for them.

I feel myself getting sucked back into Toney ownership....he's free on my WW and contemplating snagging him.

Absolutely love this move for Toney and the Chiefs…even though the Giants now have their act together Toney needed a change of scenery and going to an established franchise was a must if we are ever going to see him live up to his talent…for the Chiefs they potentially get a dynamic playmaker…if they can get his head on straight (as well as his body) he could thrive in this offense and be the type of player who can make a few plays that can be the difference in a game against the Bills…reminds me of the type of moves the Pats used to make…he will either be a big time player or be out of the league soon but I trust the KC organization that this is worth the risk…happiest day I have had as a Toney owner since that Dallas game…I am sure he will do something stupid within the next 48 hours so will enjoy this while I can.

Users who are viewing this thread