What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Kadarius Toney, KC (1 Viewer)

As an owner I've never seen so much hype for a guy that hasn't really done much but flashed in a couple of games next year...i hope it pans out for him but he isn't making it easy

Never?

Dude's ADP is 118 so roughly 10th round in a 12 team league.

Just last year Marquez Callaway, Laviska Shenault, and Mecole Hardman all had an ADP around 100. Michael Gallup was 75 the year before that.

Wan'dale Robinson seems to be the play if you want to gamble on the Giants passing game, but not sure how much you can rely on a rookie, and who is on the very small size.

QB situation is crap. Starting to realize that Kenny Golladay wasn't talented and that was just a product of playing with Matthew Stafford. Undraftable. He'll have 1-2 big games a year and you'll be chasing them. The QB is bottom 5 in the league.

No way, Jose. I'll take a flyer somewhere else.

Kadarius Toney (knee, leg) is practicing Wednesday.​

According to The Athletic's Dan Duggan, Toney "looks 100%." Toney missed a large portion of training camp with knee issues and later a leg problem. The challenge for Toney has been remaining healthy, but it looks like he should be ready to roll for the Week 1 opener against the Titans.
SOURCE: Dan Duggan on Twitter
Aug 31, 2022, 2:28 PM ET

Kadarius Toney (knee, leg) is practicing Wednesday.​

According to The Athletic's Dan Duggan, Toney "looks 100%." Toney missed a large portion of training camp with knee issues and later a leg problem. The challenge for Toney has been remaining healthy, but it looks like he should be ready to roll for the Week 1 opener against the Titans.
SOURCE: Dan Duggan on Twitter
Aug 31, 2022, 2:28 PM ET
now wrap him in bubble wrap for 2 weeks

I just came in here to check that my new dynasty receiver wasn't AWOL with weapons in the trunk and bank-robbing drag queens in the ride or something like that. I half-expected my scenario. Good to know he's at practice.

Toney is my WR 5. I think as long as you aren’t depending on him as a starter he’s a decent gamble. I watched his 2021 highlights and you would think he played the whole year given all the spectacular plays. He’ll be fun to watch.

There are only a handful of players who you can get this late who have league winning upside and I believe Toney is one of them.

I love me some Kadarius Toney. This guy could be electric if he had a QB to get him the ball. Couldn't imagine what a precision guy like Drew Brees could have done with Toney. Send his *** to Green Bay and he'd have 1,300 yards. There's concerns that he's fragile but as a rookie I saw enough to convince my he can perform in the men's league.

Toney is my WR 5. I think as long as you aren’t depending on him as a starter he’s a decent gamble. I watched his 2021 highlights and you would think he played the whole year given all the spectacular plays. He’ll be fun to watch.

There are only a handful of players who you can get this late who have league winning upside and I believe Toney is one of them.
The best WR lottery ticket there is. In a similar situation. Had him last year and he drove me nuts but went in again knowing that his talent is beckhamesque. he’s electric but I’m not sure if he’s soft and doesnt really want to play or if he was just incredibly unlucky last year. At his cost, it’s more than worth the risk.

The best WR lottery ticket there is. In a similar situation. Had him last year and he drove me nuts but went in again knowing that his talent is beckhamesque. he’s electric but I’m not sure if he’s soft and doesnt really want to play or if he was just incredibly unlucky last year. At his cost, it’s more than worth the risk.
When I watched him last season he seemed to play with reckless abandon and not at all soft.

When I watched him last season he seemed to play with reckless abandon and not at all soft.
I‘ve been playing this game for 27 years and I cannot remember a player with so many different ailments. He literally had probably 12 distinct body parts that were listed in injury reports. the fact that he’s sooo talented and the team rumored to want to trade him after one year where they spent a first on him raised major alarm bells to me.

I have zero idea how this is going to turn out but you put your chips at the bottom of your bench on super high upside guys and cross your fingers.

Is there any significance to fact that Dabol was working with Toney personally in drills?

Other than the fact that Dabol is slow AF?

For transparency, I am keeping Toney in a keep-4 league.

Personally I take the injury concerns with a grain of salt. His college career was largely injury-free outside of a shoulder injury that recurred.

His injuries his rookie season took place in a year with an abnormal offseason (COVID) and virtually no training camp (COVID). His injuries aren't connected - an ankle, an oblique, a hamstring. The ankle injury recurred but that has an obvious cause - he came back too quickly from the original ankle sprain. The most important thing is that, to date, the muscle injuries aren't repeating like with Alshon Jeffrey, for example.

For transparency, I am keeping Toney in a keep-4 league.

Personally I take the injury concerns with a grain of salt. His college career was largely injury-free outside of a shoulder injury that recurred.

His injuries his rookie season took place in a year with an abnormal offseason (COVID) and virtually no training camp (COVID). His injuries aren't connected - an ankle, an oblique, a hamstring. The ankle injury recurred but that has an obvious cause - he came back too quickly from the original ankle sprain. The most important thing is that, to date, the muscle injuries aren't repeating like with Alshon Jeffrey, for example.
Hopefully you have some kind of "keep them the round you draft them" rules or something? Just saying you're keeping him in a keep 4 leagues gives the impression that you just pick any 4 keepers and you're choosing him.

Toney is the definition of boom/bust. I have some shares because fomo. His ceiling is too high to pass up at ADP.

This year he's the player I target for my 2nd lottery ticket on my redraft teams. His ceiling is too high to dismiss out of hand. That said, because I go in with that strategy, he has slipped to me twice (11th round both times), and twice been snapped up before I would consider him. Which seems about right for ADP.

Strange usage today. 19 yard rush, busted trick play turned into 4 yard rush. Other than that, I don’t even think he was on the field.

Don’t get it at all. I played him because I didn’t trust Godwin would play a full game. Gonna cost me. Not sure how we can ever trust this guy while he’s on the Giants.

Don’t get it at all. I played him because I didn’t trust Godwin would play a full game. Gonna cost me. Not sure how we can ever trust this guy while he’s on the Giants.
Yeah Im wavering but something specific must be up. He had an amazing run, then when the trick play busted was able to run around the other side of the field and pick up four. Why wouldn't you want this guy on the field?

Bummer today, but still think he can be the guy, will be interesting to see what the coaches say about his lack of usage.

That doesn't feel like a sound conclusion in his second season and first with this coaching staff.

I don’t know what the story is but there’s a story here. They don’t think he works hard enough, doesn’t want to be there, broke curfew…something. On a talent basis, he’s the 2nd best player on the offense so it has to be something else. That’s concerning as an owner because it’s clear they aren’t going to play him if they don’t want to and you can’t make plays if you aren’t on the field.

I‘ve been playing this game for 27 years and I cannot remember a player with so many different ailments. He literally had probably 12 distinct body parts that were listed in injury reports. the fact that he’s sooo talented and the team rumored to want to trade him after one year where they spent a first on him raised major alarm bells to me.

I have zero idea how this is going to turn out but you put your chips at the bottom of your bench on super high upside guys and cross your fingers.

Whole new regime. Apparently everyone was available if the price was good enough. He's one of the few players who has actual value fr them to get rid of

Only 7 snaps and 3 routes run? I have a late round share, but wow did he steal the coach's lunch? What exactly did he do wrong?

Take this with a grain of salt but I've heard Brian Daboll isn't the angel some think he is. He seems to be one of those old school coaches who can come off as an ******* without meaning too and coaches with a very old school approach. For a guy like Toney that's not an ideal coach to have there. Daboll apparently is hard to play for if he doesn't think you're one of his guys. Something came up in one of our Eagles threads when we were doing the coaching search and then hired Sirianni. A few of us wanted Dabol and then a few posters came in with less then ringing endorsements of this guys personality which had even some of the very pro BD fans pausing.

Again take it with a grain of salt but I think this is a less then ideal situation for Toney here.

Only 7 snaps and 3 routes run? I have a late round share, but wow did he steal the coach's lunch? What exactly did he do wrong?
Fantasy is a game of incomplete information. I drafted him thinking if he’s healthy he’ll produce. Maybe he has failed to learn the new system. We may have to pretend he’s a rookie again and be patient,

Fantasy is a game of incomplete information. I drafted him thinking if he’s healthy he’ll produce. Maybe he has failed to learn the new system. We may have to pretend he’s a rookie again and be patient,
but he’s not losing time to players that are even decent. The WRs above him are barely NFL worthy. With his talent, even if there are only 5 plays that he can learn you have to get the ball in his hands unless there are other issue….which I suspect there are. Toney seemed frustrated and the coach gave some nonsense answer to why he didn’t get the ball.

but he’s not losing time to players that are even decent. The WRs above him are barely NFL worthy. With his talent, even if there are only 5 plays that he can learn you have to get the ball in his hands unless there are other issue….which I suspect there are. Toney seemed frustrated and the coach gave some nonsense answer to why he didn’t get the ball.
There clearly are other issues.

I worry about both of the KTs. Both seem to have interests that are more important than football. Thibs and Yung Joka need to focus on playing football.

Brutal. I debated selling high where I could. I’ll continue being patient at this point. He’s a solid hold albeit with lots of variance (zero or hero type)

Kadarius Toney rushed two times for 23 yards in the Giants' Week 1 win over the Titans, failing to record a target.

Looking as elusive as ever, Toney made a few defenders miss on his two rush attempts, one of which came on a four-yard run as the result of a blown pass attempt by the wide receiver. One of the most interesting men in the league, there's no way to predict how the Giants will deploy Toney next week against the Panthers.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Many coaches/OC run their system and are rigid in what they run and who fits in within their system.
Many times the more talented player is left on the bench in favor of less talented players who fit the rigid guidelines of the system.

Some coaches don't waver from their system no matter how detrimental it is

Many coaches/OC run their system and are rigid in what they run and who fits in within their system.
Many times the more talented player is left on the bench in favor of less talented players who fit the rigid guidelines of the system.

Some coaches don't waver from their system no matter how detrimental it is
Agree and some coaches are going to go with players they trust over a far more talented player. Like playing Golladay the most snaps of any WR when he's clearly awful because hey they trust him.

Barkley bailed them out this week but Toney is the only other playmaker on the team and Daboll's going to start getting a lot more heat when he keeps not playing him and the lack of offensive firepower and losses mount.

If this continues I see this turning ugly very soon with respect to Toney's attitude and bashing Daboll will take for having him ride the pine for the likes of KG and Richie James. Daboll has job security so he won't really care but if this continues the best hope for Toney is going to be that Daboll gets tired of addressing his lack of usage and views him as more of a distraction and they get a trade offer that works out. The worst case situation is that Toney will get the Mims type treatment. Buried and wanting out but the team not budging but in the NY media market I don't think that will happen. At least the Jets can point to some talented WR's playing over Mims but that's not the case here. I would go so far as to say the WR talent absent Toney might only be be better then the Bears, and the Bears #1 is better then anyone the Giants got.

Are people dropping him and if so for who?
I only play in 20 roster redrafts and no. I have no plans to cut him unless he has a major injury. Truth is he could probably be inactive next few weeks and I'd still hold till at least the trade deadline . If that deadline passes and he's still a non-contributing NYG is when I'll cut.

Are people dropping him and if so for who?
agree with most of the others that it's likely too early to drop. I have to say that dealing with his injuries is one thing but him being "healthy" and not getting on the field because he wasn't part of the packages or whatever nonsense Daboll said is a whole other concern that makes it much more difficult to trust when he might produce again. I have to hope that rational coaching prevails and that Toney does what he needs to to make the coaches happy so he can get on the field and produce.

Even when he got those 2 carries he was electric. I don't know how you can look at that as a coach, fan or anyone else and not say "we need to get the ball in his hands as we can".

Users who are viewing this thread