What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Justyn Ross, KC (3 Viewers)

Anyone worried about another concussion ending Tua's career should probably be a little nervous about Ross. For those who don't remember he had a congenital spine condition which was aggravated by an injury that resulted in surgery requiring a disc removal as well as a surgical fusion lower in his neck:
"No player diagnosed with Klippel-Feil syndrome has ever been cleared for play at the NFL level, due to the risk of a catastrophic injury. According to Dr. Jessica Flynn, “because the flexibility and shape of the neck [has been] altered, even minor neck trauma could cause pressure on the spinal cord.”
How he's cleared to play it mind blowing. Then again, how Tua was allowed to play the week after he was out on his feet was beyond me. And the Commanders basically ignored Trent Williams cancer. And there was the NFL doc who punctured and collapsed Tyrod's lung on the field... Ok maybe not mind blown, but I'd be worried. And more for his well-being than his fantasy production.

The Athletic’s Nate Taylor reports Justyn Ross has made the Chiefs’ 53-man roster.
Ross’ stock rose continuously throughout the preseason, and now, the former Clemson Tiger has made the Chiefs’ 53-man roster. Ross could be on the verge of making 31 other teams pay for passing on him throughout the 2022 NFL Draft. How those teams allowed him to eventually land with the Chiefs is still being looked into, but the former four-star receiver battled through foot injuries to eventually get to this spot. Ross may not step into a key role out of the gate, but his strong summer is enough to suggest he could eventually see meaningful snaps.

:coffee:Anybody want to share who you might have dropped in order to retain Justyn Ross on your dynasty roster?

Conversely who did you end up deciding to keep and you dropped Justyn Ross for for the last spot?

:coffee:Anybody want to share who you might have dropped in order to retain Justyn Ross on your dynasty roster?

Conversely who did you end up deciding to keep and you dropped Justyn Ross for for the last spot?
Was at 27 and had to drop to 24 by today. I cut Mayfield, Tannehill, and McKinnon. McKinnon was immediately picked up. Having said that I’m in decent shape at RB with CMC, Jacobs, Maddison, and Cook But light at WR. Also dropping those two QBs leaves with with only Mahomes at QB.

also kept Puka Nacua just to see how things shake out.

In our 12 team Dynasty we had our cut down from 30 to 25 and it came down to me letting go of Hendon Hooker to keep Ross. I figured Ross has more upside than Hooker. I drafted Hooker at pick 3.8 in this year's 4 round rookie draft since I have Goff. Ross was picked up as a free agent after he made the Chiefs final 53.

In our 12 team Dynasty we had our cut down from 30 to 25 and it came down to me letting go of Hendon Hooker to keep Ross. I figured Ross has more upside than Hooker. I drafted Hooker at pick 3.8 in this year's 4 round rookie draft since I have Goff. Ross was picked up as a free agent after he made the Chiefs final 53.
Wise choice IMO. Hooker isn’t expected to play at all this season and is old for a rookie (to put in perspective, he’s only 3 years younger than Goff, who is entering his 8th NFL season). Speaking of Goff, he and the Lions are in talks of a contract extension. So Hooker is more of a developmental prospect than an heir to QB1 in Detroit.

Ross is buried in a deep WR depth chart, but there’s no clear alpha on the offense except for the TE Kelce. If Ross is healthy and plays to the talent he showed in preseason, it’s going to be hard to keep him off the field. Ross is the higher upside play versus Hooker and a better chance of seeing playing time, though how much playing time is anyone’s guess.

Kept Ross. Dropped Zamir White, Dawson Knox, Khalil Shakir. 22 man rosters

How much did he play last night--I see he only had 1 target. Given how putrid Toney played, maybe he gets more opportunities. Either way, there are a ton of guys on that roster

How much did he play last night--I see he only had 1 target. Given how putrid Toney played, maybe he gets more opportunities. Either way, there are a ton of guys on that roster

Well, at least he caught that one target. I was pretty excited with that, and that he was out there.

I agree, hopefully Toney's struggles open the door a bit.

6 snaps, 5 routes run, 1 reception on 1 target

Gonna hold for at least a couple more weeks if I can (roster limitations may prevent that). He's talented and the rest of them cost KC the game last night. I've given up on young WR's too early the past couple of years so I want to give him a shot to get his feet wet.

Total flyer at this point but after last night, they'll be searching for answers. So maybe he gets some reps. :shrug:

I liked that he was in there goal line package in the first half, they had him isolated on the left side. I can see him getting some jump balls soon.

Users who are viewing this thread