What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (2 Viewers)

I think he was faster that that but its been a while since he was timed I imagine.

Going to be in Foxboro for tomorrow's game.  Hoping he plays.  I'd like to get a close up look at him.  Its been a soap opera to date but I still root for him as a person.
I hope you have fun in Foxboro and Josh goes off for 5-160-2. 

That would be awesome.  

Closer a 4.6 than a 4.3. So we're just all making stuff up now? 

Must people don't know he's actually 6'8 and still just 21 since he came in the league at 16.
The legend grows. Its like what happened with DGB where every post he was slightly more of a freak until some people actually believed he was Calvin Johnson. He was just tall and fast in a straight line. 

Last edited by a moderator:
"Devin recalled his experience defending the 6’3″, 225-pound wide receiver back in 2013 when New England hosted the Cleveland Browns in Week 14 that year.

'Obviously an extremely talented guy … I think he finished with over 100 yards, he had an 80-yard touchdown,' said Devin, justifying himself a little bit against some ribbing from his brother. I was closing but buddy can run a little bit. I didn’t catch him, but I was running. Now he’s 26 and I’m 31 so it’s flipped. But I think he’ll definitely help us out.'

Gordon actually finished that day with seven catches for 151 yards, including the aforementioned 80-yard score."

"Devin made it clear that he thinks the leadership in the Patriots locker room is something special — beyond anything Gordon’s likely to have encountered elsewhere.

'I know we have a great group of guys in the locker room, so I think that’s always a plus.'

'We have great guys in there, and that’s not to take anything away from you, but I’m always excited when we get guys in there and see the type of men we have in our locker room and how they carry themselves and all those things. I think our locker room will be a great fit for him and help him out with whatever he needs.'”

If he is pulling away from Devin in practice, I think the hammy may be better. Just saying.  

https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/29/mccourty-twins-dish-on-how-difficult-was-to-cover-josh-gordon/

Must people don't know he's actually 6'8 and still just 21 since he came in the league at 16.
Where do you get that from? He was timed last year when he came back.

"Anthony Lima✔@SportsBoyTony

.@MaryKayCabot just told us on @923TheFan that Josh Gordon has been clocked by the team with a 4.3 40!"

He ran a 4.5 on his "pro day" years earlier when he was at Baylor.  

He never ran a 4.6. 

@Sebowski Where is YOUR citation he ever ran a 4.6?  "So we're just all making stuff up now? "

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2017/11/10/josh-gordon-proving-hes-still-flash-with-blazing-40-time/

.@MaryKayCabot just told us on @923TheFan that Josh Gordon has been clocked by the team with a 4.3 40!"

He never ran a 4.6. 

@Sebowski Where is YOUR citation he ever ran a 4.6?  "So we're just all making stuff up now? "

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2017/11/10/josh-gordon-proving-hes-still-flash-with-blazing-40-time/

The team has zero reason to embellish hand-timed sprints, right?

The team has zero reason to embellish hand-timed sprints, right?
Why would they?  So teams pay more attention to him? 

Seems smart teams might have reason to do the opposite.

ETA.  I am backing up my statement that he has run a 4.3.  You are welcome to question the validity of the time all you want.  He was timed at 4.3 at Baylor also. Just not his pro day.  He was probably wasted. 

Why would they?  So teams pay more attention to him? 

Seems smart teams might have reason to do the opposite.

ETA.  I am backing up my statement that he has run a 4.3.  You are welcome to question the validity of the time all you want.  He was timed at 4.3 at Baylor also. Just not his pro day.  He was probably wasted. 
It’s too bad that the drone he was chasing ran a 4.1 and makes better decisions. Just sayin.

It’s too bad that the drone he was chasing ran a 4.1 and makes better decisions. Just sayin.
I hear you.  But Gordon isn't in Cleveland anymore.  If you read back a couple pages, he has been coupled with character development coach Jack Easterby. Easterby is a big part of the Patriots’ internal culture and he is key in helping players, particularly troubled ones, acclimate.  With Easterby as his sponsor the team, I don't think he will be chasing any drones in New England.  In fact, I don't think have you heard a "tweet" our of Flash since he got to NE. Or am I wrong?

Pretty sure Flash has been too busy being excited studying the Patriots playbook and buying in.  At least from what I have read. 

On my bench until I see it

:coffee:
 I agree.  How can I argue.  Unless someone was really hurting and needed the upside ceiling.  

Personally, I have a strong investment in JG, but I am only starting him in one league.  In that league, there are 12 teams, 20 player teams, I start 4 WR/TEs AND it is distance scoring.  Not to mention a few other bells and whistle bonuses to totals.

I think the Dolphins are going to be a real test for the Patriots.  On the other hand, the Dolphins haven't won in NE since 2008.  Should be a good game.      

He apparently can't just jump tall buildings in a single bound, but he has full mastery of the playbook in a week. 

From Roto:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ESPN's Jeff Darlington reports Josh Gordon (questionable, hamstring) is fully up to speed with the Patriots' playbook.

Gordon's hamstring is the bigger threat to his Week 4 status. Barring a setback, he should see at least limited snaps after making progress late in the week. The Patriots are desperate for a spark, so Gordon could have a larger than expected role if active.

If Josh Gordon holds up in his pregame warmup and gets green light to play, a team source tells me the #Patriots are confident with Gordon's grasp of today's game plan.

Who knows what is going to happen today (and next Thursday).  It is a quick turnaround.  JG may explode on the scene or just implode on the launch pad.

ETA The Dolphins are no joke. The question is what is going to happen when NE takes away their deep game.  Can the Dolphins sustain drives getting 3-4 yards a down. 

I'm hoping he goes nuts on my bench today and I'm not being sarcastic.  It's just too ambiguous for me to start him ATM. I'd gladly take a bunch of wasted points on my bench in exchange for some clarity for what to expect from him moving forward. 

He never ran a 4.6. 

:lmao: His official NFL 40 time is 4.57 so whatever dude. There is a reason there is a standard for these things. I never said he ran a 4.6

I'm hoping he goes nuts on my bench today and I'm not being sarcastic.  It's just too ambiguous for me to start him ATM. I'd gladly take a bunch of wasted points on my bench in exchange for some clarity for what to expect from him moving forward. 
I think we have the same opinion, but I'm rolling him out regardless. It's not for big cash; it's for fun in two or three leagues, so that's where I sit, not knowing everybody's situation.  

Yes...it works well for 6’5” guys.  Just not 6’3”.  Duh!!  
I think your comment is funny but you do realize you guys are comparing him to one of the best sprinters ever, don't you? I mean, that's top company. Football speed is different. It cuts and bobs. Anyway, this is awesome. Let's have fun with this.  

:lmao: His official NFL 40 time is 4.57 so whatever dude. There is a reason there is a standard for these things. I never said he ran a 4.6

...He was timed last year when he came back.

He never ran a 4.6. 

Guess we will find out soon enough.  

Doesn't look like he is going to implode before playing the Dolphins.  He has averaged over 90 yards a game in his career with the Browns.  20 yards a catch.  The Pats brought him in to take the top off the defense.  Do you really think they are giving up a 5th for a relatively slow WR to replace Cooks?  Do you think he will do better or worse with Tom Brady as his QB?

Guess we will find out soon enough.

ETA. JG has also never played a football game sober.  He will in 13 minutes.  Better or worse... ?  

He looked good.  Brady made a tight throw in traffic that he caught with his hands, spun out of a tackle and gained maybe another 5 yards to the 3.  

Users who are viewing this thread