What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (1 Viewer)

I agree with this. I used to hold WR 4/5 guys like Ginn, Djax, or Coleman with the thought if things break the right way they could be a strong WR3 that I use each week. That is a fine way to have a decent team but not a championship team. Year after year the winners are the ones that picked someone up that then performs like a WR1. 

So if I am taking flyers with someone on my bench I want someone who has top end potential. If it doesn't work out maybe I'm not decent but either way I wasn't going to win. 

Im not in on Gordon yet but getting closer. 
Perfectly stated.  I want guys that can hit a HR on my bench, not a solid single.

That said, space is obviously finite and I'm not yet convinced that Gordon is a better bet to cash than the lotto tickets I've already got.

My personal belief is if he gets reinstated he is quickly traded or released so it might be another week to land on a new team and a week or two to get up to speed.  I can't see how a team that cut a player like Haden because they were going in a different direction would keep Gordon around if he suddenly hits the payroll.
Agree 100%.  The path to Gordon re-emerging as a FF difference maker involves gaining reinstatement plus finding a new team that wants him, and is willing to use him.

FBG  Can we somehow move this post too pinned on second page? I feel the Love, but this is a young man's game. Personally, Id rather see posts on Rooks, who could carry Moss pads, on the first page.. YES, I still believe, Gordon gets Lucky, but it won't be on my Team.. Probably Cleveland, no less..

Agree 100%.  The path to Gordon re-emerging as a FF difference maker involves gaining reinstatement plus finding a new team that wants him, and is willing to use him.
He could walk on as a starter in Chicago right now.  Or the Jets.  Or Jacksonville. 

I’m confused about this. If Gordon is reinstated can he play immediately or does he have to wait 90 days? I assume that if he is reinstated he can play immediately, but some of the wording in that article is confusing.
Nobody knows but Goodell.  Martavis Bryant was "reinstated" months ago, but wasn't reinstated for practice, so all he could do was work out and watch.  After 2 weeks of training camp, he was "reinstated" for practice, but not for the regular season.  It wasn't until just before the season started that he was "completely reinstated".

ETA: During the "no practice reinstatement" the Steelers repeatedly told the press that they had no idea when he'd be allowed to practice or play and couldn't get any info from the League office.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I've found there is a pretty high correlation between people adding Josh Gordon and those who are guppies. 

Welp, off to go add him. 

Never liked leagues with IR spots.  Why not just allow benches of 12 players and make it easier for everyone?

Has there ever been a player with significant and repeated substance issues that kicked the habit and then became really successful in the league?  Serious question.  So essentially, is there a Robert Downey Jr of the NFL?
Didn't Cris Carter have a pretty serious cocaine habit? Then, of course, there is perhaps the greatest player of all time in Lawrence Taylor, but he never really kicked the habit.

Probably plenty of others though.

greyhorse said:
LOL.  If that's your wife in your Avatar, you are a lucky lucky man.

I made the plunge and picked him up...again.  Just can't help myself.

If it doesn't work out this time... then never again! 
Someone's never seen the Real World: Las Vegas... really want to rent out that suite they had at some point in my life, p.s.

Never liked leagues with IR spots.  Why not just allow benches of 12 players and make it easier for everyone?

Has there ever been a player with significant and repeated substance issues that kicked the habit and then became really successful in the league?  Serious question.  So essentially, is there a Robert Downey Jr of the NFL?
In dynasty? IR is needed in dynasty for the same reasons it's needed in the NFL. Benches in dynasty are already pretty deep by design. We actually have 9 starters and 13 bench spots plus the 2 IR/Suspended spots. And one team has 4 on IR after week 1 so already has to make decisions (DJ, ARob, Butt, Ware). AFTER WEEK 1.

Here's why I just picked up Josh Gordon for a few weeks off the waiver wire.

The NFL has their rules but honestly the only GREEN the league and owners really care about is the almighty dollar bill.

NFL is hurting right now with their ratings and the protests.....they need drama/headlines......they are going to green light, excuse the pun, Josh Gordon, and let him get another chance here soon. I wouldn't even be surprised if he's traded to a contending team either.

Just recently they reinstated Martavis Bryant, normally I believe he would have been waiting a few weeks into the season but they made sure he was ready to go for week one.

Just my two cents.....I think he gets a chance here soon.

Just recently they reinstated Martavis Bryant, normally I believe he would have been waiting a few weeks into the season but they made sure he was ready to go for week one.

Just my two cents.....I think he gets a chance here soon.
No offense intended, as these are all just opinions. It's possible you're right. 

However, Bryant doesn't seem like an analogous comparison for Gordon. 

Bryant was suspended for a year, kept his nose clean and came back. So far so good. 

Gordon has been suspended multiple times. In that regard the perception by the league is seemingly that of disrespect. From what I gather, as a repeat violator, he's considered bad for the NFL brand.  Sure, they'll put the right public spin on it becaue it's drug-related, but IMO they see him as a problem child. 

The Browns worked hard last year on Gordon. They lobbied to get him back. They planned on having him back. Only to again be disappointed by a relapse. Again - the public statements by the team were about Gordon's health and well being, but the comments that accompanied  that by the HC shed more light on it. The sense of betrayal. Of wasted effort, and a lot of disappointment. At the end, they refused to even speak of Gordon in the context of football, which sounded like they washed their hands of him. 

So IMO theres no comparison to Bryant's suspension and return. Bryant was a good citizen during the suspension - not a word about him in the media other than reports of his imminent return. And, importantly, the Steelers were on board with his return & worked hard to help him get reinstated. 

The comment about the NFL hurting financially seems off-base given the valuation of NFL teams, and the ratings for the product. The NFL doesn't seem to be hurting at all. And even if they were, what's better for the "green" (money) you describe....continuing to deal with the risk of a problem player, complete with bad press, accusations of putting football over a young man's well being? Or simply washing their hands of him as well? 

I'm skeptical Goodell will reinstate him at this point regardless of how clean he's been. Goodell was reportedly prepared to reinstate him after his suspension last year and wound up with well publicized egg on his face. 

He then issued an "indefinite" suspension. 

Team Gordon may be hoping for a reinstatement. Rules-wise Gordon may even be eligible for reinstatement. 

i just have a very hard time seeing that as realistic, given the history. 

I'm also not seeing how money would drive reinstatement as you suggest, nor do I see the Browns taking him back.

So that means if Goodell lifts the indefinite suspension, then the Browns have to be willing to find a team willing to take on Gordon's contract & essentially take responsibility for him, which seems incredibly risky given the track record. 

I wish Josh Gordon well. He seems like a nice kid, who's troubled by his inner demons. I hope he finds his way, and makes it back to the NFL. He's still very, very young. 

But it might take another year away from the game to do it. 

I may well end up eating these words, and I'll gladly do so if I'm wrong. It's just a gut feeling, after all - I have nothing to substantiate it other than observing the situation and having seen how Goodell operates.  I actually hope I'm wrong and Gordon does come back this year because he's really fun to watch. A supreme talent. 

I wish those who picked him up good luck in that regard, & I wish Gordon good luck as well.

No offense intended, as these are all just opinions. It's possible you're right. 

However, Bryant doesn't seem like an analogous comparison for Gordon. 

Bryant was suspended for a year, kept his nose clean and came back. So far so good. 

Gordon has been suspended multiple times. In that regard the perception by the league is seemingly that of disrespect. From what I gather, as a repeat violator, he's considered bad for the NFL brand.  Sure, they'll put the right public spin on it becaue it's drug-related, but IMO they see him as a problem child. 

The Browns worked hard last year on Gordon. They lobbied to get him back. They planned on having him back. Only to again be disappointed by a relapse. Again - the public statements by the team were about Gordon's health and well being, but the comments that accompanied  that by the HC shed more light on it. The sense of betrayal. Of wasted effort, and a lot of disappointment. At the end, they refused to even speak of Gordon in the context of football, which sounded like they washed their hands of him. 

So IMO theres no comparison to Bryant's suspension and return. Bryant was a good citizen during the suspension - not a word about him in the media other than reports of his imminent return. And, importantly, the Steelers were on board with his return & worked hard to help him get reinstated. 

The comment about the NFL hurting financially seems off-base given the valuation of NFL teams, and the ratings for the product. The NFL doesn't seem to be hurting at all. And even if they were, what's better for the "green" (money) you describe....continuing to deal with the risk of a problem player, complete with bad press, accusations of putting football over a young man's well being? Or simply washing their hands of him as well? 

I'm skeptical Goodell will reinstate him at this point regardless of how clean he's been. Goodell was reportedly prepared to reinstate him after his suspension last year and wound up with well publicized egg on his face. 

He then issued an "indefinite" suspension. 

Team Gordon may be hoping for a reinstatement. Rules-wise Gordon may even be eligible for reinstatement. 

i just have a very hard time seeing that as realistic, given the history. 

I'm also not seeing how money would drive reinstatement as you suggest, nor do I see the Browns taking him back.

So that means if Goodell lifts the indefinite suspension, then the Browns have to be willing to find a team willing to take on Gordon's contract & essentially take responsibility for him, which seems incredibly risky given the track record. 

I wish Josh Gordon well. He seems like a nice kid, who's troubled by his inner demons. I hope he finds his way, and makes it back to the NFL. He's still very, very young. 

But it might take another year away from the game to do it. 

I may well end up eating these words, and I'll gladly do so if I'm wrong. It's just a gut feeling, after all - I have nothing to substantiate it other than observing the situation and having seen how Goodell operates.  I actually hope I'm wrong and Gordon does come back this year because he's really fun to watch. A supreme talent. 

I wish those who picked him up good luck in that regard, & I wish Gordon good luck as well.
Bah.  You may be right but we never want to believe!  The dream must stay alive.

Regardless, for those of us that are in 12 and 14 team leagues, there likely isn't a whole lot left on waivers.  Is Charles Sims or Phillip Dorsett sitting in your last bench spot going to be a league winner for you?  No way.  But Gordon could be.

Just bought my first shares of Josh as I got him cheap. I kind of dont care if he's not coming back as I'm not losing that much. I think the talent is there no matter if he has played or not. 

Hasn't been stated in awhile in this dumpster fire of a thread (and I'm a Gordon owner), so just to keep up with consistency.

He'll be reinstated, dropped by the Browns and the Pats will pick him up. Wouldn't that be great?

P.S. sarcasm

@Hot Sauce Guy (your post above was too long to edit on my mobile). 

As you mentioned NFL franchise valuation is a moving target directly related to the number of eyeballs they capture on Sundays (and Mondays and Thursdays...and some Saturdays). However it is important to note that 1) Viewership has been dropping a little since 2015. 2) Stadium attendance is down as people opt for the comfort, and cost savings, of the home viewing experience. 3) Two cities have essentially told the NFL to pound sand rather than fund a billionaire's sandbox with public money. If more cities follow suit the NFL will be faced with the decision of alternative stadium funding in existing NFL cities or be forced to move to what are, most likely, smaller television markets, with LA no longer in play and San Diego still unlikely to use public funding.

It's too early to call it a trend, last year was just crazy all over (this one hasn't been much better though), but I am certain the owners are acutely aware of all this because if it continues their valuations will only decrease over time.

Now I have no idea if Josh Gordon being reinstated will increase or decrease viewership or attendance (I doubt it would impact much) but I am sure the league office is considering the potential impact.

As you mentioned NFL franchise valuation is a moving target directly related to the number of eyeballs they capture on Sundays (and Mondays and Thursdays...and some Saturdays). However it is important to note that 1) Viewership has been dropping a little since 2015. 2) Stadium attendance is down as people opt for the comfort, and cost savings, of the home viewing experience. 3) Two cities have essentially told the NFL to pound sand rather than fund a billionaire's sandbox with public money. If more cities follow suit the NFL will be faced with the decision of alternative stadium funding in existing NFL cities or be forced to move to what are, most likely, smaller television markets, with LA no longer in play and San Diego still unlikely to use public funding.

It's too early to call it a trend, last year was just crazy all over (this one hasn't been much better though), but I am certain the owners are acutely aware of all this because if it continues their valuations will only decrease over time.

Now I have no idea if Josh Gordon being reinstated will increase or decrease viewership or attendance (I doubt it would impact much) but I am sure the league office is considering the potential impact.
Okay, I'm the first guy to defend Josh Gordon being suspended for weed, but that the NFL will reinstate him due to eyeballs is not a great argument. 

Being told to pound sand by cities due to public funding? Awesome. Just it's not as politically deep as we'd like ratings to make it. He's out of the league because he violated league rules. Sometimes that's a big thing with leagues.  

Okay, I'm the first guy to defend Josh Gordon being suspended for weed, but that the NFL will reinstate him due to eyeballs is not a great argument. 

Being told to pound sand by cities due to public funding? Awesome. Just it's not as politically deep as we'd like ratings to make it. He's out of the league because he violated league rules. Sometimes that's a big thing with leagues.  
Perception>>>>>rules 

See: Rice, Ray or Peterson, Adrian

Or, perhaps it is better to say perceptions lead to rules. Marijuana will be legal in the NFL within 5 years, at most, because public perception, and corresponding laws, has changed so much.

I have no idea what you meant by "politically deep". My Public Funding comments we're only to illustrate that public appetite for the NFL is not insatiable.

ETA: and I said I have no idea where Josh Gordon falls in all that calculus.

Perception>>>>>rules 

See: Rice, Ray or Peterson, Adrian

Or, perhaps it is better to say perceptions lead to rules. Marijuana will be legal in the NFL within 5 years, at most, because public perception, and corresponding laws, has changed so much.

I have no idea what you meant by "politically deep". My Public Funding comments we're only to illustrate that public appetite for the NFL is not insatiable.
I agree that perception is often political reality. 

Sorry about the confusion regarding the bolded. There are a lot of political implications that go along with ratings that I was thinking of.  

I agree that perception is often political reality. 

Sorry about the confusion regarding the bolded. There are a lot of political implications that go along with ratings that I was thinking of.  
Gotcha but please don't make this about Kaepernick. 

Gotcha but please don't make this about Kaepernick. 
No Kaepernick -- ew, that's still a thing? 

Naw, I was thinking of ratings as ratings.  

I see your point, though, about maybe thinking I was thinking. I just wasn't. I was thinking about the emocore band Sunny Day Real Estate as I typed that. 

Gordon is a WR5 as good as any right now. Even if you drafted well, put him on your bench so he don't burn you.  

I bought this guy low and sold high 3 times in prior years.  I picked him back up as a waiver claim a week ago with the hopes of doing it all over again.
So I know this got liked a few times, but I'm not sure if anyone got the pun.

Anyway, here's hoping he's reinstated in a few weeks and I can sell him for something yet again after getting him for nothing.

Hot Sauce Guy appreciate your response. I think you are missing the bigger point, the NFL doesn't really care about the marijuana offense. They do care about ratings though. Ratings are down big time.....they need the drama/return of Josh Gordon to get some buzz going. They know it! Martavis Bryant was just an example....I wasn't really comparing the two. I felt that maybe they might have kept Martavis out a little longer but reinstated him before the season started, just my two cents, I have nothing to back that up.

Good luck!

Wanna add him but can't really justify it in my 12 team PPR redraft.

I would gladly drop Buck Allen for him but I am very thin at RB so the value just isn't there. I guess I could drop Agholor as he is my WR6 (I am ridiculously deep at WR; I won't post my roster because I don't want to make you all insanely jealous) but...I don't know I think Agholor has a legitimate shot of emerging as the #1 WR in Philly (not sure about fantasy wise), he has the pedigree, a solid (maybe very good) QB, isn't learning a new offense and he hasn't been out of football for...wow it's been two years and nine months since Gordon last played in an NFL game.

The only argument in favor of Gordon > Agholor at this point is name recognition which may give Gordon an edge as trade bait in fantasy leagues (I have two big Cleveland homers in my league). But even if Gordon was reinstated today and was traded to the best possible landing spot I would still bet that Agholor>>Gordon for production this season.

As you mentioned NFL franchise valuation is a moving target directly related to the number of eyeballs they capture on Sundays (and Mondays and Thursdays...and some Saturdays).
I wasn't actually correlating ratings and valuation of teams. Those were two separate things that lead me to believe the NFL is healthy $-wise. 

However it is important to note that 1) Viewership has been dropping a little since 2015. 2) Stadium attendance is down as people opt for the comfort, and cost savings, of the home viewing experience. 3) Two cities have essentially told the NFL to pound sand rather than fund a billionaire's sandbox with public money. If more cities follow suit the NFL will be faced with the decision of alternative stadium funding in existing NFL cities or be forced to move to what are, most likely, smaller television markets, with LA no longer in play and San Diego still unlikely to use public funding.
But Vegas coughed up what, 700,000,000? And the value of the Raiders & Niners (who privately funded their stadium) went through the roof. 

As for viewership, the NFL has so many revenue streams. NFL Network seems big for them. And Sunday Ticket puts more $ in their pockets than if every single game were sold out. Attendance (or lack thereof) is more related to team $ as I understand it. 

Ratings may or may not be an issue - I would think we'd need a few years of data & I would need a better understanding of how that impacts the NFL's bottom line to effectively comment there. 

I concede this possibility - not my area of expertise so I'm unsure how ratings impact the NFL's bottom line. I also don't know if that has more to do with prime time games, or say, "Browns/Bengals ob Thursday night" or "Colts Rams MNF".  Last year in particular we saw some unintentionally crappy prime time matchups - ones that maybe looked compelling when the schedule makers put it together.

but even with those terrible and likely low rated games, fantasy football is growing exponentially & I believe the NFL gets a cut from those licensing deals as well.

imo they're looking at the potential for harm to the brand at this point.

If, as you suggest, the NFL is losing steam, they're going to want to avoid bad PR if at all possible. 

So far Gordon has been a bad PR machine. And while it would be a good story if he's clean and makes a triumphant comeback, from the NFL's perspective it probably seems more likely that he'll relapse yet again, get banned again, and then all the reports will be about how the greedy NFL put football ahead of a young man's problems, helping to ruin his life. 

Thats PR Goodell & Co just don't need. And if that possible outcome can be avoided simply by not reinstating him, then why would we expect them to do otherwise? 

Not saying I favor this at all. Just trying to see it from the NFL's perspective. 

Hot Sauce Guy appreciate your response. I think you are missing the bigger point, the NFL doesn't really care about the marijuana offense. They do care about ratings though. Ratings are down big time.....they need the drama/return of Josh Gordon to get some buzz going. They know it! Martavis Bryant was just an example....I wasn't really comparing the two. I felt that maybe they might have kept Martavis out a little longer but reinstated him before the season started, just my two cents, I have nothing to back that up.

Good luck!
I touched on the ratings thing a couple posts ago.  Ratings were definitely down last season, not sure if it qualifies as big time, in what was a very crazy year in this country.  And ratings were down last Sunday overall, compared to 2016.  However we were in the midst of two major national catastrophes (anyone still remember Irma and Harvey or have we all moved on with the entertainment/money-grab masquerading as news cycle?) and ratings for the Sunday night game were actually better than week 1 of last season.  

Personally I think ratings will continue to dip for a multitude of reasons that I am happy to expand upon in later posts HOWEVER I just don't think Josh Gordon has enough national name recognition to really impact ratings one way or the other. And even if he did, I don't think the public cares about marijuana offenses, in fact I would guess that most people think suspensions for marijuana are just plain stupid.

Good luck!
 That might be possible. They do care about negative PR though. 

No worries - we're both speculating. It's a pretty unique situation, and one that's actually pretty tragic for Josh Gordon.

dude clearly has issues when he likes weed more than making millions to play football. Or thinking he can get away with smoking weed when he's among the most heavily tested/scrutinized players in the game.

it would be easy to point at Gordon and say "how dumb can you be?!?" but IMO the support system also failed him. The team, his family, his friends, his pot dealer - they all share some responsibility. And yes, so does Gordon. Just because it's a sad story doesn't absolve Gordon of blame. Drug addiction is an illness, but this is pot we're talking about here, and with his last suspension/violation he'd reportedly stayed clean for months. Then just said "f it!" 

Maybe Gordon doesn't love playing football as much as FFB owners love Gordon playing football? 

Wanna add him but can't really justify it in my 12 team PPR redraft.

I would gladly drop Buck Allen for him but I am very thin at RB so the value just isn't there. I guess I could drop Agholor as he is my WR6 (I am ridiculously deep at WR; I won't post my roster because I don't want to make you all insanely jealous) but...I don't know I think Agholor has a legitimate shot of emerging as the #1 WR in Philly (not sure about fantasy wise), he has the pedigree, a solid (maybe very good) QB, isn't learning a new offense and he hasn't been out of football for...wow it's been two years and nine months since Gordon last played in an NFL game.

The only argument in favor of Gordon > Agholor at this point is name recognition which may give Gordon an edge as trade bait in fantasy leagues (I have two big Cleveland homers in my league). But even if Gordon was reinstated today and was traded to the best possible landing spot I would still bet that Agholor>>Gordon for production this season.
In redraft, I just don't see how a pragmatic fantasy owner can like the probability of Gordon contributing. Event 1 is he needs to be reinstated. Event 2 is a lack of clarity on where he would even play if/when that happened. Event 3 is the extent to which he can still play (or regain his game) after a lay-off pushing three years. You multiply the probability of all those things together (metaphorically speaking) and it's not a great scenario.

I really think there are a handful of people who are completely transfixed by his 2013 and imaging that parachuted onto their rosters...

Again, I just doubt Josh Gordon moves the NFL's PR needle.

Oh and U.S. media markets by size. For discussion purposes...but perhaps in another thread.
Josh Gordon playing may not, but Josh Gordon playing then falling from grace yet again? 

That would absolutely move the PR needle. Because it's a compelling storyline. It was a pretty big news story when Gordon failed to return last year. 

That is what leads me to believe the NFL may feel better off not reinvesting in Josh Gordon.

In redraft, I just don't see how a pragmatic fantasy owner can like the probability of Gordon contributing. Event 1 is he needs to be reinstated. Event 2 is a lack of clarity on where he would even play if/when that happened. Event 3 is the extent to which he can still play (or regain his game) after a lay-off pushing three years. You multiply the probability of all those things together (metaphorically speaking) and it's not a great scenario.
Yeah - that's a very sensible approach IMO. 

I really think there are a handful of people who are completely transfixed by his 2013 and imaging that parachuted onto their rosters...
Well, that was me last year, but not without cause. In preseason he showed he could still tale the top off of a defense.

one more year away doesn't help him though. 

Josh Gordon playing may not, but Josh Gordon playing then falling from grace yet again? 

That would absolutely move the PR needle. Because it's a compelling storyline. It was a pretty big news story when Gordon failed to return last year. 

That is what leads me to believe the NFL may feel better off not reinvesting in Josh Gordon.
Maybe. I don't know.  I just don't think average NFL fans care about Josh Gordon or marijuana.  Seems like any news on him would be back page stuff in most media outlets.

Maybe. I don't know.  I just don't think average NFL fans care about Josh Gordon or marijuana.  Seems like any news on him would be back page stuff in most media outlets.
I would agree but that said, some fantasy football "fans" do care and at this point, the interests of fantasy fans and NFL fans are so conflated it's hard to know which is which...

Maybe. I don't know.  I just don't think average NFL fans care about Josh Gordon or marijuana.
I certainly don't care about weed, and you're probably right that most don't. 

Seems like any news on him would be back page stuff in most media outlets.
I think anything that makes sports center is bad. Anything that has the possibility to bite them like a 30 for 30 about Josh Gordon and how the NFL became enablers would be bad for the shield. 

Again; just speculating, as we all are. It's a compelling story though. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. 

It's a compelling story though. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. 
Interesting take, and it will definitely be interesting, for us, to see it play out. 

But I don't think it is compelling at all at this point. In fact I think it is a tired story even if he is reinstated and fails another drug test.  I guess it would be compelling, to me at least, if he is reinstated and returns to 2013 form. That would be BREAKING NEWS!!! There is almost nothing Americans love more than a good redemption story, except perhaps tearing down their idols in the first place. We eat that #### up and ask for seconds.

Interesting take, and it will definitely be interesting, for us, to see it play out. 

But I don't think it is compelling at all at this point. In fact I think it is a tired story even if he is reinstated and fails another drug test.  I guess it would be compelling, to me at least, if he is reinstated and returns to 2013 form. That would be BREAKING NEWS!!! There is almost nothing Americans love more than a good redemption story, except perhaps tearing down their idols in the first place. We eat that #### up and ask for seconds.
Ain't that the ugly truth. :doh:  

This 100%

Gordon was money that season but that was a long (in NFL terms) time ago. He has given people nothing but disappointment since then. If people want to hold on to hope that he's reinstated and still the same player he was then and the magic is recreated, have at it. I believe he is a lost cause. Came into the league in trouble. Been in trouble consistently since then. Currently, suspended indefinitely and in rehab. Again.

This 100%

Gordon was money that season but that was a long (in NFL terms) time ago. He has given people nothing but disappointment since then. If people want to hold on to hope that he's reinstated and still the same player he was then and the magic is recreated, have at it. I believe he is a lost cause. Came into the league in trouble. Been in trouble consistently since then. Currently, suspended indefinitely and in rehab. Again.
These kinds of people dont win fantasy leagues ^, too pessimistic to buy into the next best talent. They are reactionary, not preliminary. They never got OBJ, David Johsnon, Josh Gordon the years they went off because they liked their 3rd string Jets WR better at the time. 

Who do you want to be? #wearit 

These kinds of people dont win fantasy leagues ^, too pessimistic to buy into the next best talent. They are reactionary, not preliminary. They never got OBJ, David Johsnon, Josh Gordon the years they went off because they liked their 3rd string Jets WR better at the time. 

Who do you want to be? #wearit 
If your roster was big enough for a 3rd string Jets WR, none of those players were ever available to be picked up. 

Users who are viewing this thread