What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Demarcus Robinson, LAR (2 Viewers)

I posted in Sigmund’s thread that I was between Sproles, Robinson and I forget who else for my last flex spot. He said Sproles but he wouldn’t argue with Robinson if I needed upside. That close.

Just wanted a piece of that KC offense and noone else was available.  Glad I took the jump. Dropped Geronimo.

So glad I grabbed Hardman. Wish I didn’t poo-poo the depth chart that came out listing Robinson as the starter. Now I am saying the slang for pop-poo.

So I usually keep a rotating spot to in dynasty to take a weekly preemptive flier on (usually it is who it may benefit most from injury). This week I saw Byron Pringle was active and liking his game and seeing how Demarcus has done mostly nothing I grabbed Pringle over DRob. Sometimes I have the right idea but overthink it like an idiot. 

Equal targets for him and Hardman, will be interested to see how it plays out as Hardman had a 80 yard TD called back on McCoy hold. 

Demarcus Robinson caught 6-of-6 targets for 172 yards and two touchdowns in the Chiefs' Week 2 win over the Raiders.

Robinson had his way with the Raiders secondary the entire afternoon. His first touchdown was 44 yards and the result of a blown coverage, but the second came on a tough contested catch from 39 yards out. Patrick Mahomes made a habit of looking Robinson’s way when the play broke down, at one point having another chunk play called back due to a penalty. Having exposure to pretty much anyone in this Chiefs offense will be good for business more weeks than not with Mahomes under center. Robinson will likely be the most-added WR of Week 3 ahead of the Chiefs’ matchup against the Ravens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on the next man up and having produced last year when called on, he was a good bet. He doesn't have the draft status of Mecole but he has more familiarity with the offense and more experience.

Robinson is a hell of a player. This might be some of my Florida biased but he was a terrific playmaker there. He reminded me of a more physical DeSean Jackson. Ton of speed but much stronger. D-Rob should be used similar to I think how Andy use to use Jackson the first few yrs he had him but now that Andy knows how to use a skilled guy you could see a better version of what DeSean was in the Eagles offense then. Same goes with the DeSean Jackson in the Eagles offense with Pederson this DeSean is a more mature one and now has Andy's pupil who will utilize him better then the first time around 
I told you guys D-Rob was fairly good. Today's game proved what type of playmaking capabilities this dude has. He dropped do to attitude issues and I believe a positive Cannibis test 

🚀   Raiders tried to take away Chiefs WR Watkins. Demarcus Robinson nullified that plan

Patrick Mahomes spotted it early, almost from the opening snap actually, the way the Oakland Raiders had planned to slow the Chiefs’ offense Sunday.

Double Sammy Watkins. Limit his touches.

Earlier in the week, Raiders coach Jon Gruden slightly telegraphed it, saying Watkins put on tape one of the fastest bursts he’d seen in years during Watkins’ career-day in Jacksonville.

...But they forget about the other guy.

Demarcus Robinson has spent four years with the Chiefs. Four years serving as a third, fourth or even fifth option. Four years grinding for a day like the one that finally arrived in Oakland.

Robinson busted out for six catches, 172 yards and two touchdowns, all easily setting new career-best marks.

“It’s always been my time to try to come out and make some plays,” Robinson said. “My number was called today. I felt good. I made a couple plays.”

Robinson had never surpassed 100 yards in an NFL game. On Sunday, he totaled 122 yards in the second quarter alone.

“He’s a guy who kind of gets lost in the shuffle of things sometimes,” Mahomes said. “He’s a guy who’s super-talented and makes a lot of big plays happen. It’s everything from catching the ball in scrambles, catching touchdowns maybe in the last read across the middle of the field or making the blocks and doing whatever he can to help his teammates out.

“So when you have guys who play hard for each other, and they finally get their time to shine, it’s always good to see that.”

The Raiders just left Robinson uncovered on his first touchdown, a 44-yard fly pattern that put the Chiefs on the board on the opening play of the second quarter.

He bookended the remarkable 28-point quarter with another touchdown with 40 seconds left in the half. On this one, Mahomes sought him out. Although Mahomes is direct in saying he doesn’t look for a particular receiver — he cycles through the reads, and whomever the ball targets is whom it targets — he shuffled twice to his left, then fired that way.

Robinson had a man on him. The ball was even slightly underthrown. But he made the adjustment and made the catch.

SEE VIDEO CLIP >>  📽️  Demarcus Robinson. Nice release and setup in stem for a huge gain

Matt Waldman‏Verified account @MattWaldman

Career day for Demarcus Robinson. Nice release and setup in stem for a huge gain.

10:24 PM - 15 Sep 2019

--------------------------------------

Jared Smola‏ @SmolaDS 2h2 hours ago

#Chiefs Week 2 WR snap rates:

• Sammy Watkins - 92%
  • Demarcus Robinson - 91%
  • Mecole Hardman - 74%
  • De'Anthony Thomas - 5%
  • Byron Pringle - 5%

I grabbed him for $9 FABB $ a startup dynasty. 

Tnat may prove to be my best move of the year. 

Kid looked amazing. 

Raiders clearly weren’t going to let Sammy Watkins beat them. That worked out pretty well for Hardman & Robinson. 

One KC best writer was crowing for KC to deal Robinson for a CB. Of course that was before Hill got hurt. 

35 points...I may have to flex him next week. 

Why was wasn't he part of the game plan in past seasons if he's so good? 
Not sure but I'm going to go with the fact he is only 24 and has had Hill, Kelce and Watkins ahead of him for targets. I can't imagine ever game planning for the 4th guy in the pecking order, and that is ignoring RB targets.

I don't know if he is that good or not but if Mahomes is slinging it to him I'm not sure I care. 

I have a sick feeling that if I start him next week he'll disappear and I'll end up chasing those week 2 points until Tyreek comes back.

Not sure but I'm going to go with the fact he is only 24 and has had Hill, Kelce and Watkins ahead of him for targets. I can't imagine ever game planning for the 4th guy in the pecking order, and that is ignoring RB targets.

I don't know if he is that good or not but if Mahomes is slinging it to him I'm not sure I care. 
I just wonder if he's a one game wonder and once they game plan for him, he won't be nearly as good. He wasn't fast at the combine, I wonder if separation is am issue. He got one TD on a blown coverage and the other was a contested ball. 

Feel out your league-mates.  I just got a 2020 1st from a mediocre team for Demarcus Robinson.  Traded to the Tyreek owner who was starting Danny Amendola and WIllie Snead in his place.  You never know!

well whatever the raiders tried to do to slow down KC is not likely going to serve as a blueprint for future teams. clearly at least one KC WR is going to have a great fantasy day... right now you have 3 choices... good luck each week.

Robinson and Mahomes developed a pretty good rapport with each other when Mahomes was running the scout team his rookie year. Whenever Mahomes breaks the pocket or gets flushed, Robinson has a knack for getting open during that scramble.

Didn't see that much yesterday because the line held up well. 

The problem is, as we all know - so many targets, only so many passes. 

Is he better than Sammy Watts?

Because if he isn't, he might just put up Sammy Watts' stats from the last two years until The Freek comes back. Big games here and there sprinkled among duds. First two weeks bear out this theory. Hardman's presence complicates this even more.

Anybody holding DRob in redraft after Tyreek returns?  

Im strongly thinking of dropping now as I don’t think he’ll have much of a role when Tyreek returns.....

Anybody holding DRob in redraft after Tyreek returns?  

Im strongly thinking of dropping now as I don’t think he’ll have much of a role when Tyreek returns.....
I absolutely plan to hold him.  I think he will still play in 3 wide.  Hardman is closer to the Tyreek role that Robinson is.  I think Robinson has proven himself valuable, and demonstrated solid rapport with Mahomes to the point where he will still play a lot.  Plus, the idea of Sammy Watkins playing 16 games in a season is comical.

I absolutely plan to hold him.  I think he will still play in 3 wide.  Hardman is closer to the Tyreek role that Robinson is.  I think Robinson has proven himself valuable, and demonstrated solid rapport with Mahomes to the point where he will still play a lot.  Plus, the idea of Sammy Watkins playing 16 games in a season is comical.
Thanks Chuck.

So you’re thinking DRob > Hardman when Tyreek is back? 

Thanks Chuck.

So you’re thinking DRob > Hardman when Tyreek is back? 
I think this season, yes but I dont say that with a ton of confidence.  Dynasty is a tougher call.  I'd probably go Hardman dynasty over Robinson but for me not by a lot.  I suspect for others that would be a no-brainer and I get it.

My best guess is they move Robinson to X next year after they cut Sammy. No way they can pay Sammy 16m and Tyreek 16m

Hardman will play slot. All 3 will be viable 

redraft they are both probably boom bust flexes so depending on bench sizes 

Robinson's dynasty value is a bit unclear because I think he is a restricted FA next year. So, if KC cuts him that in theory would reduce his value but if he gets a big pay day and starts elsewhere he still could have value and maybe even more. Lots of uncertainty but definitely a HOLD.  And maybe KC keeps Robinson and let's Sammy walk?

Demarcus Robinson caught 3-of-5 targets for 31 yards in the Chiefs' Week 7 win over the Broncos.

Travis Kelce's eight targets paced the team, but Robinson's five tied Tyreek Hill for the lead in the receiver corps. Just one of Robinson's three grabs came after Patrick Mahomes departed with a knee injury late in the second quarter. Regardless of Sammy Watkins' (hamstring) status, Robinson's fantasy value would evaporate were Mahomes to sit against the Packers in Week 8.

If he's active, he's the last one standing on my roster after Woods' fiasco yesterday. There's no reason for him to be inactive, right?

The Philadelphia Inquirer's Jeff McLane reports the Eagles have impending free agent Demarcus Robinson "in their sights."

Philadelphia brought in Robinson for a pre-draft visit in 2016 but could only watch as the Chiefs selected him in the fourth round. 26 in September, Robinson has squashed any concerns over his past off-field issues during his time at Florida and served primarily as a deep threat capable of separating on the outside — a trait the Eagles severely lacked without DeSean Jackson last year. Philadelphia has also been linked to Robby Anderson, Breshad Perriman, and Amari Cooper, the latter who the team reportedly offered a second-round pick for in 2018.

RELATED: 

Philadelphia Eagles

SOURCE: The Philadelphia Inquirer

Feb 12, 2020, 4:34 PM ET

Chiefs re-signed WR Demarcus Robinson to a one-year, $2.3 million contract.

The deal is fully guaranteed. He set or tied career-high marks in targets (55), receptions (32), yards (449) and touchdowns (4) last season. Still, Robinson gained more than 50 receiving yards in just 2-of-19 games, only making a true difference during his 6-172-2 explosion against the Raiders in Week 2.  He won't see the type of volume to enable top-tier fantasy production. Still, Robinson is more than capable of continuing to demand plenty of snaps, which wouldn't be good news for Mecole Hardman's chances at breaking out in 2020.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Mar 28, 2020, 2:59 PM ET

Demarcus Robinson caught 3-of-6 targets for 20 yards in the Chiefs' Week 1 win over the Texans.

Operating as the clear No. 3 wideout ahead of sophomore Mecole Hardman, Robinson tied Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce for the second-most targets on the team behind Sammy Watkins' nine. Robinson, however, dropped two potential touchdowns, one deep shot on the opening drive and another later on where he fell down in the end zone as ball hit him in the face. Robinson will have a big game here and there, but those will be tough to predict. He's a WR5/6 for fantasy.

- Rotoworld

Demarcus Robinson caught 5-of-6 targets for 69 yards in the Chiefs' Week 6 win over the Bills.

Robinson ran ahead of Mecole Hardman as the No. 2 receiver for Kansas City with Sammy Watkins (hamstring) out on Monday night. Hardman only saw one target which he did not catch. Robinson should continue to play opposite Tyreek Hill as long as Watkins remains out. He should garner some flex consideration from fantasy managers who are desperate for points. He projects as a WR4 versus Denver next week.

Oct 19, 2020, 9:25 PM ET

From the twitterverse:

Chiefs WR snap counts:

Demarcus Robinson 69
Tyreek Hill 68
Mecole Hardman 29
Byron Pringle 27
Marcus Kemp 2
Out of 73 plays

Sammy Watkins (hamstring) remained sidelined for Thursday's practice.

Watkins isn't expected to play after missing practice on both Wednesday and Thursday. Kansas City's starters were benched in the second half of Sunday's blowout, but Demarcus Robinson has still been used as the team's No. 1 wideout over (and has run more routes than) Tyreek Hill sans Watkins the past two weeks. Robinson remains a WR4 against the Jets' invisible secondary.

SOURCE: Pete Sweeney on Twitter

Oct 29, 2020, 12:34 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread