What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Chris Olave, NO (1 Viewer)

These Saturday games are a nightmare. I've got Olave in right now...but his true game-time decision is going to put me in a tough spot. Nico Collins is out...So I'm starting R. Rice + Olave right now. My only other healthy WR is Dionte Johnson who plays on Saturday - so I won't know if I'd need to start him until after his game...

Leaning towards rolling the dice on Olave starting and then if I have to make an emergency pick-up on Sunday so be it....
Olave and the Saints do play on TNF next week. Curious if they hold him out.
Well, Olave didn't practice all week, so even if he plays, I would not put a lot of him having a huge game.

Yahoo has him listed as N/A not Out, this prevents you from putting him on IR, Dillon is the same, not sure why.

I'm going through the same thing. It's ********. It means N/A like it was a coach's decision. I'd like that slot, thanks.

eta* It's fine now.

Last edited:
That is super bizarre

They list him as out now. It's all set. I was overreacting, anyway.

What a bummer, though. Let's hope Shaheed compensates, though he's coming off of a quad injury himself. Oof.
Yeah kind of the cherry on top of the Olave season here. He hasn't been bad but it's just not what you thought you ordered.
Yep. Over 900 yard and 4 tds in 13 games isn't that bad. 15th in receiving yards is actually kinda amazing given the Carr journey. Sit one out and finish strong buddy.

Yeah kind of the cherry on top of the Olave season here. He hasn't been bad but it's just not what you thought you ordered.

Yeah, he's been okay. Nothing special like I thought. A lot of targets, not a lot of execution between he and the QB.

These Saturday games are a nightmare. I've got Olave in right now...but his true game-time decision is going to put me in a tough spot. Nico Collins is out...So I'm starting R. Rice + Olave right now. My only other healthy WR is Dionte Johnson who plays on Saturday - so I won't know if I'd need to start him until after his game...

Leaning towards rolling the dice on Olave starting and then if I have to make an emergency pick-up on Sunday so be it....
Olave and the Saints do play on TNF next week. Curious if they hold him out.
Well, Olave didn't practice all week, so even if he plays, I would not put a lot of him having a huge game.
I rolled the dice on Olave and lost by 10 points...which is about the difference between Dionte Johnson (who I would've started) and Demario Douglas, who I ended up grabbing to start. Actually, doing the math, that would've had me lose by 0.10 points. I actually prefer it NOT being so close, so I'll just admit defeat and move on.

(Rotowire) Olave (ankle) was listed as a non-participant on Monday's practice estimate, Adam Caplan of SiriusXM NFL Radio reports. Analysis: New Orleans didn't practice Monday, but Olave wouldn't have been available if the team took the field. He didn't practice in any capacity before sitting out this past Sunday's 24-6 win over the Giants, and Olave doesn't have much additional recovery time for his ankle injury before Thursday's pivotal matchup with the Rams.

(Rotowire) Olave (ankle) was listed as limited on Tuesday's estimated injury report. Analysis: After failing to practice in any capacity last week and kicking off this week as a non-participant on Monday's practice estimate, Olave was able to take part in Tuesday's walkthrough, albeit with a cap on his reps. It's the first positive sign for Olave's status since he showed up on the Saints' Week 15 injury report last Wednesday, and he'll have one more chance to prove his health before the team potentially makes a ruling on his availability for Thursday's game at the Rams. Currently, Rashid Shaheed, Lynn Bowden, A.T. Perry and Keith Kirkwood are the healthy wide receivers on New Orleans' active roster.

I’m not sure I can risk starting him if he plays. One Carr hospital ball or ankle tweak. How is the Rams secondary?

I’d have to bench one of G. Wilson, Waddle or Swift.
Im starting. Fantasy football always has risk, but his upside is unquestionable.

With games being played on Thur-Sat-Sun-Mon I am glad he is playing Thursday...you know right away if he is playing and don't have to worry about any potential subs you would use for him playing before him.
thats true and when he lays a stinker because Carr sucks and he’s also hurt you can play more upside plays on the weekend to catch up.

Per Dr. Jesse Morse on Twitter.

Chris Olave #Saints

Right medial ankle sprain (Week 14)

This is NOT a common ankle injury.

This is to the INSIDE of the ankle, the deltoid ligament, which is a really strong ligament.

The reason why most players often suffer lateral ankle sprains is because the deltoid ligament is so strong, and the lateral ankle ligaments are much weaker.

Even grade I’s for medial ankle sprains are severe.

They usually take at least 2 weeks to return, sometimes up to a month.

They reinjure easily, and this is what ended Michael Thomas’ season in 2021.

He was ruled out for W15 after DNPx3.

Good chance he returns in Week 16, but the short week (TNF) will impact his effectiveness, and he is at about 20-30% increased risk for reinjury.

NOF’s Nick Underhill reports Saints WR Chris Olave (ankle) is expected to play in Week
What week? What week damn you?!!
NOF’s Nick Underhill reports Saints WR Chris Olave (ankle) is expected to play in Week 16.

Ha ha

link?
Mike Triplett
Saints RT Ryan Ramczyk will be listed as OUT and WR Chris Olave will be good to go for Thursday’s game at the Rams, Dennis Allen confirmed.

I’m not sure I can risk starting him if he plays. One Carr hospital ball or ankle tweak. How is the Rams secondary?

I’d have to bench one of G. Wilson, Waddle or Swift.
Im starting. Fantasy football always has risk, but his upside is unquestionable.

With games being played on Thur-Sat-Sun-Mon I am glad he is playing Thursday...you know right away if he is playing and don't have to worry about any potential subs you would use for him playing before him.
thats true and when he lays a stinker because Carr sucks and he’s also hurt you can play more upside plays on the weekend to catch up.
We have both been playing this a long time. We both know even the studs have these stinkers. Team is saying he is good to go. Has averaged 9 targets a game this year. I don't have many bench options with that target share. Imo

I can’t believe we haven’t seen a practice video or Olave quote for two weeks. Just him doing Christmas shopping charity for children.

Users who are viewing this thread