What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Chris Olave, NO (1 Viewer)

Not sure if just bad luck but doesn't seem to be finding the end zone... last year too
If he's putting up 80+ each game, I can live with it. The catches are there, the targets are there, the yards are there....the TDs will come.

Also gotta keep the expectations reasonable with Carr. That offense isn't going to be chugging down toward the endzone each drive.

Not sure if just bad luck but doesn't seem to be finding the end zone... last year too
If he's putting up 80+ each game, I can live with it. The catches are there, the targets are there, the yards are there....the TDs will come.

Also gotta keep the expectations reasonable with Carr. That offense isn't going to be chugging down toward the endzone each drive.
It's early and the timing will get better as the season progresses. Two solid games so yeah, nothing to be concerned about. The TD would have been nice though

Had him for an easy long TD and he left the ball hanging for an easy breakup.

Carr should not have played today.
Yeah, that was pretty obvious that he Carr wasn't right. I know Winston has his issues, but he isn't a bad QB and would have been a much better option than a QB who can't throw. Dennis Allen shouldn't be an NFL head coach. He coaches like a defensive coordinator. Whenever I watch the Saints, it looks like he is trying to win a 17-13 game. So conservative. Doesn't work in todays NFL unless you have an elite defense and a strong running game, which they don't.

13 catches for 33 yards for Kamara yesterday? Olave 1 catch on 6 targets. Olave had the best separation numbers in the NFL going into yesterdays game, which means he was probably open several times on the 6 targets. I only saw the bomb that Carr underthrew but hard to believe that Winston wouldn't have been a better choice yesterday.

Had him for an easy long TD and he left the ball hanging for an easy breakup.

Carr should not have played today.
Yeah, that was pretty obvious that he Carr wasn't right. I know Winston has his issues, but he isn't a bad QB and would have been a much better option than a QB who can't throw. Dennis Allen shouldn't be an NFL head coach. He coaches like a defensive coordinator. Whenever I watch the Saints, it looks like he is trying to win a 17-13 game. So conservative. Doesn't work in todays NFL unless you have an elite defense and a strong running game, which they don't.

13 catches for 33 yards for Kamara yesterday? Olave 1 catch on 6 targets. Olave had the best separation numbers in the NFL going into yesterdays game, which means he was probably open several times on the 6 targets. I only saw the bomb that Carr underthrew but hard to believe that Winston wouldn't have been a better choice yesterday.
At least with Winston he locks onto his favorite target and can throw deep. What I saw from Carr was brutal.

These QBs that insist on playing hurt have a negative effect on their team and the in turn the fantasy players. Now with a team like Cincy can see how a hurt Burrow maybe is better than their backup, but no way a hurt Carr is better than a healthy Jameis.
Maybe, but Jameis threw 1 pass yesterday and it was an INT. Hard to convince them to take Carr out like that.

These QBs that insist on playing hurt have a negative effect on their team and the in turn the fantasy players. Now with a team like Cincy can see how a hurt Burrow maybe is better than their backup, but no way a hurt Carr is better than a healthy Jameis.
Maybe, but Jameis threw 1 pass yesterday and it was an INT. Hard to convince them to take Carr out like that.
So honest question…if they feel like they have to start an injured Carr over a non-injured Winston, why is Winston even on the team? I’ve never been able to understand why a team has a backup at a position that the they absolutely have no confidence in.

So honest question…if they feel like they have to start an injured Carr over a non-injured Winston, why is Winston even on the team? I’ve never been able to understand why a team has a backup at a position that the they absolutely have no confidence in.
Well, probably because every team (in theory) needs to roster a backup QB, but about 90% of the backup QBs in the league suck.

It’s hard enough to find a good starting QB, can’t really ask to have a backup you have full confidence in also.

I would guess because he has million dollar talent and a 10 cent head. Coaches think they can fix him.

Olave has had a meh season thus far.

Would you trade my Mahomes + Doubs for his Olave and Hunter Henry?

My team:
  • Mahomes, Richardson
  • CMC, J Taylor, Brian Robinson, Spears, Mitchell
  • Waddle, McLaurin, Doubs, Diontae Johnson, Reynolds (Gonna drop him), JSN
  • Musgrave
  • Cincy

I'm 0-4....

Olave has had a meh season thus far.

Would you trade my Mahomes + Doubs for his Olave and Hunter Henry?

My team:
  • Mahomes, Richardson
  • CMC, J Taylor, Brian Robinson, Spears, Mitchell
  • Waddle, McLaurin, Doubs, Diontae Johnson, Reynolds (Gonna drop him), JSN
  • Musgrave
  • Cincy

I'm 0-4....
If you can't get Gates, no way in hell I do that deal.
Seriously, this is more of an Assistant Coaches Forum type question. Good Luck with Olave, I have him in redraft and have buyers remorse, big time so far.

I drafted 3 very promising sophmore WRS in Olave, London, and Dotson in a ton of my redrafts. Was expecting great seasons from all 3. Clearly we are NOT off to a good start :bag:

Need Winston to start if Carr is still beat up. He couldn’t throw the ball ten yards down the field. I can’t believe the coaches thought playing Carr last week hurt like he was would be a winning strategy.

I drafted 3 very promising sophmore WRS in Olave, London, and Dotson in a ton of my redrafts. Was expecting great seasons from all 3. Clearly we are NOT off to a good start :bag:
LOL, I have all 3 as well but luckily Nico has been keeping me afloat with some help from Moore and DK
Interesting that a few of us have such similar WRs. I have Olave, DK, Dotson, London and Nico. Nico is going to be a starter moving forward. Dotson and London will continue to stay on the bench. DK seems steady. Olave may be the odd man out some weeks if Carr is playing hurt. Carr also has horrendous games way too often and will make Olave a headache all season. I should never have drafted Olave because of Carr.

I'll add to the party. I went for breakout guys, too. I have Olave, Dotson, Waddle, and that's about all I can speak of (it's a fourteen-team league, and I have Bijan, Mostert, Akers, and Kamara so you can tell my rounds 1-6 went RB-heavy. Akers has been a bust).

They haven't broken out so much and I'm in ninth place. Oof.

LOL, I have all 3 as well but luckily Nico has been keeping me afloat with some help from Moore and DK
Interesting that a few of us have such similar WRs. I have Olave, DK, Dotson, London and Nico. Nico is going to be a starter moving forward. Dotson and London will continue to stay on the bench. DK seems steady. Olave may be the odd man out some weeks if Carr is playing hurt. Carr also has horrendous games way too often and will make Olave a headache all season. I should never have drafted Olave because of Carr.
I bought into Olave as well since I did see Carr support Adams last season, but he has regressed as a QB. It sucks to see alpha WRs like Olave and London suffer from QB play, but that's the nature of that position. You know the talent is there without question, so it makes it all the more painful to watch.

Pats' Gonzalez now out for the season which is a shame, but it opens up that defense to being exploitable now. Olave could see a bump this weekend.

I bought into Olave as well since I did see Carr support Adams last season, but he has regressed as a QB. It sucks to see alpha WRs like Olave and London suffer from QB play, but that's the nature of that position. You know the talent is there without question, so it makes it all the more painful to watch.
TDs are fluky, but with Carr at the helm Olave averaged 10.7 targets, 7.3 receptions and 100.7 yards per game through the first three weeks. He did it with pretty consistent performances as well. Those are great numbers. Carr shouldn't have played last week but it's a positive there were no setbacks.

Last edited:
watching espn apparently there's concern about Olave in pre game warm ups, tbd if this is significant or not

Saints WR Chris Olave (toe) was limited at practice on Wednesday.
Olave appeared to injure his toe in pre-game warm-ups on Sunday but was able to play through the injury, albeit without his normal effectiveness. Olave hauled in just two passes for 12 yards and a touchdown, so it’s possible that the toe limited some of his explosion and change of direction ability. Being able to get in a full practice at some point this week would make fantasy managers feel more comfortable about his outlook for Sunday, but with Derek Carr now back to full practices, Olave looks set to remain a fantasy asset.

Users who are viewing this thread