What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR CeeDee Lamb, DAL (1 Viewer)

CeeDee Lamb caught 7-of-7 targets for 126 yards in the Cowboys' Week 15 loss to the Jaguars.​

Lamb was a big play machine with catches of 18, 22, 25, and 39 yards. He also drew a defensive pass interference penalty on third down on a drive that led to a Cowboys TD. Lamb didn't lead the Cowboys in targets. Noah Brown was the surprise target leader, with nine targets on the day. But Lamb led the Cowboys in receptions and receiving yards. Although he didn't get in the end zone, he was clearly the Cowboys' best option in the passing game. Lamb will be an elite option even in a difficult matchup with the Eagles next week.
Dec 18, 2022, 4:56 PM ET

CeeDee Lamb caught 10-of-11 targets for 120 yards and two touchdowns in the Cowboys' Week 16 win over the Eagles.​

Lamb led the Cowboys in targets, receptions, yards, and TDs. He was truly the engine of the offense and delivered big plays throughout the game. His first TD was a 36-yard catch in the second quarter. His second TD was a game-tying score in the fourth quarter. Lamb has been a superstar this season and gets a Tennessee pass funnel defense in Week 17. Unfortunately, the Cowboys may not need to play aggressively against the Malik Willis-led Titans. He will still be a locked-in WR1 as a bet on talent.
Dec 24, 2022, 8:40 PM ET

There was a decent amount of doubt that he would be able to be that Alpha WR1.

91/1207/8 with 2 games to go. Stud.
Catching 2 of 11 for 29 and no TD's in week 1 was scary for a dynasty owner like myself. You knew if the targets kept coming he was going to be reeling them in though.

Catching 2 of 11 for 29 and no TD's in week 1 was scary for a dynasty owner like myself. You knew if the targets kept coming he was going to be reeling them in though.
Sure. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous after that.

I wasn't trying to throw shade at those that doubted him. People wanted him to prove it, he did.

Anyone can have those dud games. Davante Adams has had 3 stinkers and a 2 for 12 game that was saved by a TD. Granted, Adams is much more proven. But the crappy games happen to even the best.

The people that I trust most were banging the drum hard for him during the rookie process. I was absolutely elated when the defending champ in our league was willing to trade him to me for Hunt and OBJ after the Akers offseason injury in Lamb's rookie year.

I was definitely starting to doubt that he would get to the upper echelon fantasy WR1 that I was hoping for. Obviously the QB situation was and is a big part of this. Thankfully I didn't do anything rash.

As far as young stud WR1 dynasty startups, it's starting to feel like Jefferson and Chase on a tier to themselves is turning into Jefferson up top with Lamb maybe starting to enter the conversation of being in the same tier as Chase behind that. Is that going too far?

The people that I trust most were banging the drum hard for him during the rookie process. I was absolutely elated when the defending champ in our league was willing to trade him to me for Hunt and OBJ after the Akers offseason injury in Lamb's rookie year.

I was definitely starting to doubt that he would get to the upper echelon fantasy WR1 that I was hoping for. Obviously the QB situation was and is a big part of this. Thankfully I didn't do anything rash.

As far as young stud WR1 dynasty startups, it's starting to feel like Jefferson and Chase on a tier to themselves is turning into Jefferson up top with Lamb maybe starting to enter the conversation of being in the same tier as Chase behind that. Is that going too far?
Lamb,for me, is a top 5 dynasty pick pretty easily. Heck this past offseason he was in my top 8.
I can see taking him at 3, after Jefferson and Chase.
I wouldn't fault anyone for taking Lamb at 1 or 2. I would not, but seen much sillier things in startups.
No RB for me in the top 3.

And he played 6 games with a back up QB. If Dak was all year, no telling what his numbers would be. CeeDee is a beast.

I was not much of a CDL fan prior to this season and only of late but he deserves some serious kudos for what he does within this offense.
He does not rip the cover off a defense and i still feel like he causes interceptions, maybe my "NFL opinion" of CDL is different than his FF production

102/1,307/8TDs but the real push IMHO

Money Weeks 15-17 PPR and 100+yd bonuses
7/126
10/120/2TDs
11/100

22+37+24= Almost a 28 pt average, doing the work of two skill players
This guy has helped MoP Jr go from a wildcard last seed to the Championship this week
Off to the races after last night with Higgins sliding into the No 2 WR slot this week
Nobody at WR seems strong enough to steal his targets, in fact Schultz is really their 2nd best option, especially with Pollard out last night

CeeDee Lamb caught 4-of-6 passes for 68 yards and a touchdown in the Cowboys' Wild Card Round win over the Bucs.​

Lamb caught a 16-yard score in the fourth quarter to put any hopes of a Tamp Bay comeback to rest. Dalton Schultz drew the attention of multiple defenders, leaving Lamb open down the left side of the field for an uncontested score. Schultz paced the team in all receiving categories, but Lamb was still heavily involved in the offense. He will remain a top fantasy option versus the 49ers in the Divisional Round. Though San Francisco has an elite defense, top-end receivers have gotten the better of them at times this year. Last week, DK Metcalf beat them for 136 yards and a pair of scores.
Jan 17, 2023, 12:04 AM ET

CeeDee Lamb caught 10-of-13 targets for 117 yards in Dallas' Divisional Round loss to the 49ers.​

Lamb's 46 yard play-action catch, where he slowed up and allowed Deommodore Lenoir to run into him for defensive pass interference then decided to just catch the ball anyway, was Dallas' only explosive play of the game. But it was far from Lamb's only great play. He busted through a Talanoa Hufanga tackle on an early fourth-and-1 go, and was essentially the only Cowboys receiver that could be trusted to do anything in space after Tony Pollard left the game. Lamb solidified himself as a WR1 in 2022 and gave worthwhile returns to even those who valued him aggressively. He enters 2023 as one of the best dynasty wideouts in the league off a 107/1359/9 season at just 23 years old, and Dallas may want to get extension talks going sooner rather than later as he enters his fourth season and what looks to be an easy decision to pick up his fifth-year option.
Jan 22, 2023, 10:23 PM ET

Cowboys exercised WR CeeDee Lamb's fifth-year team option for 2024.​

The no-brainer move locks 24-year-old Lamb up for a fully guaranteed $17.9 million in 2024. He is set to make $2.52 million this season. Continuing to break through as one of the league's very best receivers, Lamb took a major statistical step forward in 2022 and should be in for another targets and compiling bonanza this fall even if the Cowboys follow through on their threats to get more run heavy.
SOURCE: Calvin Watkins on Twitter
Apr 20, 2023, 7:09 PM ET

I like Cooks in the 8th Rd a lot more than CeeDee in the 2nd Rd
They might have similar numbers many weeks.
Cooks has reached 1,000+ yds in 6 seasons and most of them he has 5-6-7+ TDs
What is Lamb's upside in the early-mid 2nd?

Lamb's upside is he's 24 and could still be an ascendent player. He could also see a TD spike with Schultz gone. Cooks is now in his 30s and doesn't have 4 years of rapport with Dak.

I think Lamb in round 2 and Cooks in round 8 both seem about right to me.

After owning cooks in multiple leagues last year. I will never draft that bum again. CD has week winning/top 3 wr upside.
I'll put it another way
I'll take AJ Brown in the 2nd and I'll still take Cooks in the 8th as my WR4 or Flex, not saying that is the path to winning a championship, just that drafting Lamb in the 2nd means Cooks is off my board. I think BC still has some gas and got a bad rap in Houston, he's on a far better offense now, lot of knolwedge and I don't think that he's qite cooked yet, he also might fall a little further down the boards past the 8th.

But I respect your POV, nothing wrong with feeling optimistic about CDL
Cheers!

After owning cooks in multiple leagues last year. I will never draft that bum again. CD has week winning/top 3 wr upside.
I think you learned the wrong lesson here. I don't think Brandin Cooks, guy with six 1000 yard seasons, was the problem.

I think you learned the wrong lesson here. I don't think Brandin Cooks, guy with six 1000 yard seasons, was the problem.
No the lesson I learned is I'm never taking floor players again. Ever. Last year was the first time I took more floor players then high upside players and it was not a good year for me.

No the lesson I learned is I'm never taking floor players again. Ever. Last year was the first time I took more floor players then high upside players and it was not a good year for me.
That’s a fair lesson for sure. I don’t think it makes Cooks a bum though. It was the Texans without a single other legit offensive threat and a platoon of career backups at QB. Their offense was pretty much a losing play regardless.

That’s a fair lesson for sure. I don’t think it makes Cooks a bum though. It was the Texans without a single other legit offensive threat and a platoon of career backups at QB. Their offense was pretty much a losing play regardless.
While I mostly agree with this point, I think you are underselling Dameon Pierce. He was a better RB than, say, Ezekiel Elliott has been in years.

Brandin Cooks is the same guy he's always been in my opinion. A #2 WR who sometimes has had to fill a #1 WR role, that he never was really good enough to fit into, which is why he's on team #5 in 10 years. He's clearly not as good as CeeDee Lamb is, like I can't even see an argument otherwise, but he's better than Michael Gallup is.

I'd have no problem drafting both Lamb and Cooks. Lamb as a WR1, and Cooks as a WR4, who has upside as a handcuff of sorts as he can be a WR2 in the event of as Lamb injury.

I want to emphasize there is NOTHING wrong with this mind set, I like it...however,
You might be overlooking Cooks based on personal misery last season, just my opinion

But more folks need this mindset in redraft and i'm not going to stop you, I rather like your hot takes even when I might slightly disagree
Your board credit is good in the MoP Land

While I mostly agree with this point, I think you are underselling Dameon Pierce. He was a better RB than, say, Ezekiel Elliott has been in years.

Brandin Cooks is the same guy he's always been in my opinion. A #2 WR who sometimes has had to fill a #1 WR role, that he never was really good enough to fit into, which is why he's on team #5 in 10 years. He's clearly not as good as CeeDee Lamb is, like I can't even see an argument otherwise, but he's better than Michael Gallup is.

I'd have no problem drafting both Lamb and Cooks. Lamb as a WR1, and Cooks as a WR4, who has upside as a handcuff of sorts as he can be a WR2 in the event of as Lamb injury.
Talk more Pierce, he seems like a 5th Rd dandy this year in redraft leagues

I like Pierce in round 5. He's my RB18. I think he's better than guys like Aaron Jones (Dillon>Singletary) or Miles Sanders (mediocre player) and right about on par with Mattison, who is probably my favorite 5th round RB, other than the time or 2 I've seen Walker fall that far, Walker-Sanders is my RB16-20.

Pierce is the last of the guys I think are the centerpiece of their offenses. Hell, Pierce in the 5th, might be a good RB2 target for teams who take Lamb in round 2.

I like Pierce in round 5. He's my RB18. I think he's better than guys like Aaron Jones (Dillon>Singletary) or Miles Sanders (mediocre player) and right about on par with Mattison, who is probably my favorite 5th round RB, other than the time or 2 I've seen Walker fall that far, Walker-Sanders is my RB16-20.

Pierce is the last of the guys I think are the centerpiece of their offenses. Hell, Pierce in the 5th, might be a good RB2 target for teams who take Lamb in round 2.
:blackdot:

For anyone that is new here and enjoys an occasional MoP hot take, look no further than where I get a lot of my opinions, whether TD and I agree/disagree, it's like Siskel and Ebert, there's an understood mutual respect and I don't mind stepping out when i disagree with him. That said, we both like Pierce, I've been quiet about my enthusiasm but Pierce has a chance to solidify himself as a Top 10 RB in FF and a future star in the NFL.

Just my .02

Marcus Mosher
We haven't talked about it a bunch, but #Cowboys WR CeeDee Lamb is having an incredible camp.

I think another jump from him is coming in 2023.
I will agree he "should be better" as a WR this year. But, maybe I'm wrong, seems his target share might go down. They lost Schultz, but added Cooks and Gallup should be back. Add in the want of the new playcaller to "run the ball more" it could be very similar to last year.

I just can't see him going too much over 107/1350/9 which is what he had last year

Last edited:
Marcus Mosher
We haven't talked about it a bunch, but #Cowboys WR CeeDee Lamb is having an incredible camp.

I think another jump from him is coming in 2023.
I will agree he "should be better" as a WR this year. But, maybe I'm wrong, seems his target share might go down. They lost Schultz, but added Cooks and Gallup should be back. Add in the want of the new playcaller to "run the ball more" it could be very similar to last year.

I just can't see him going too much over 107/1350/9 which is what he had last year
I wouldn't give any weight to the "want to run more" McCarthy has been saying that every offseason since Favre was his QB.

Having said that, a concern I have for the offense (and a reason I like the Chargers offense) is that Kellen Moore calls the most up-tempo game of any play caller in the NFL. He runs a higher number of plays, because they are constantly snapping the ball with 10-15 seconds left on the play clock. So, Dallas might essentially lose a game's worth of production across the board, just from calling fewer plays, and the reverse could apply to the Chargers.

As for Lamb, I've got him WR7. I agree the catches and yards probably aren't going to go up, and likely could decrease, but I could see his TDs spiking up to like 12-13. With Schultz gone, Lamb is likely the most trusted redzone option.

Going to my bench.

But the rest of you shouldn't worry, I benched ETN and Kittle this week and we all know what happened.

Going to my bench.

But the rest of you shouldn't worry, I benched ETN and Kittle this week and we all know what happened.
Seems extreme. Cowboys won’t play the 49ers every week.

No, but Dak sucks every week. Lamb had a good run the second half of last year, but that could be the exception. I want guys I can count on to be consistent.

Benching Lamb and Waddle for Kupp and Pickens.

Yes, I suffered a crappy loss this week and am overreacting to everything.

It's really looking like this is the "he is him" bust-out

24 years old and the best WR in the NFL

Weeks 16 and 17 are potential shoot-outs against the Dolphins and Lions

It's his time

Users who are viewing this thread