What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (1 Viewer)

So.... is anyone risking playing him? I put him in over Fuller, will wait to see anymore news.  I’m 50/50 on this though.

i think the raiders know if they let him suit up, they have to throw to him like everything was good
Risk? What risk? He's on the field. He's the best WR of the past decade. All this crap doesn't matter once he's on the field. He's a must start if he's playing.

In front of teammates & reporters AB had to be held back while threatening to punch the GM I’m the face.

you're being a bit fast & loose with the recap & you’re out in left field in shifting blame to the media for reporting what happened.

i’m shocked he didn’t get suspended/cut. 

But it’s the Raiders, and Chucky is in charge, so...  :shrug:
Not blaming the media.....for the incident.

But sometimes things when relayed can become bigger fish stories than they are. But ESPN was going nuts with this story and running with it that Brown was done. 

It blew up in their face.

And quite frankly......it is pure entertainment. This is what the NFL has become. Almost WWE like sometimes. LOL. And with social media things just get over reported and over exaggerated because in this day and age every single shmuck on earth with a snap chat, instagram, FB or twitter account (or all of the above) has to weigh in and say their piece.

OUT OF CONTROL. 

It has become a joke.

And Antonio has become a total nut case. But I have a very strong feeling.....this is it for this season. If not......he will kicked to the curb next time.

I am surprised they did not suspend him though. Think about a guy like LT back in the 80's. He was doing 8 balls every day and playing high as a kite. He was a volatile mofo. Imagine him threatening  George Young or Parcells with physical harm. 

Never could imagine a player doing that. But according to all accounts this is what AB did. 

But how bad was it really? He is playing Monday.

Go figure. Can we seriously rely on today's media outlets chock full of political agendas? Who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, one thing is for sure.  MNF ratings for the first week will be.....boomin.
Which is why I think he did this on purpose.  It's already a game on MNF (yes, it's the 2nd game of the doubleheader), but this will get viewership up....and all eyes on him. 

He will either do something else idiotic between now and then, which will mean he doesn't play.  Or, he will catch 11 balls for 150 yards and 3 TDs.  Flip a coin at this point.

Totally.  I bet when Mayock got called cracker he had flashbacks to all those times he was discriminated against because of his race.  The feeling of oppression and historical injustice against straight white males just swelled up in him. 
We can all stop posting right now, nothing will ever top this.

How can we possibly trust AB at all going forward???
I think it's just all offseason too much time in your hands fluff. Once these guys get going back into the swing of a new team every 7 days and constant traveling they'll be too focused on that for much else.

Not blaming the media.....for the incident.

But sometimes things when relayed can become bigger fish stories than they are. But ESPN was going nuts with this story and running with it that Brown was done. 

It blew up in their face.

And quite frankly......it is pure entertainment. This is what the NFL has become. Almost WWE like sometimes. LOL. And with social media things just get over reported and over exaggerated because in this day and age every single shmuck on earth with a snap chat, instagram, FB or twitter account (or all of the above) has to weigh in and say their piece.

OUT OF CONTROL. 

It has become a joke.

And Antonio has become a total nut case. But I have a very strong feeling.....this is it for this season. If not......he will kicked to the curb next time.
See, that’s the part I think the media / ESPN was spot on about. 

If they’d suspended him (as I’m certain every other team would have done) and he had another incident (that we’re all certain is coming) then they could have gotten out of some of that contract. 

There was more logic than hyperbole in their discussions. AB is a head case & now they’re on the hook for $30m

and they’ve now rewarded that bad behavior & showed that a player is above the GM. 

In my estimation, that’s all bad. 100% bad. Every bit of the way the Raiders handled this. 

The suspension should have happened. But since it’s MNF & Gruden wants to show the world how smart he is, AB will play. 

This was an ego-driven decision, not a sound football management decision. 

My $.02

I'm lucky that my backup for him is Gordon, who plays Sunday night.  I don't have to make the starting call until Sunday evening - and hopefully by then I'll be up by enough for it not to matter much.  But at this point, if he plays, I start him.  If he does something dumb Monday morning, I'm up a creek....

I basically never change team names in my keeper league, but I might have to come up with something for my Tyreek/AB combo.

Bad Boys Bad Boys

Like that, but better.

If the skin colors and words were reversed....the collective social media heads would all be exploding....Brown meant for it to be a racist comment....
The problem with this analogy that using a non-racist word in a racist manner is not as bad as using a racist word in a racist manner.

I'm lucky that my backup for him is Gordon, who plays Sunday night.  I don't have to make the starting call until Sunday evening - and hopefully by then I'll be up by enough for it not to matter much.  But at this point, if he plays, I start him.  If he does something dumb Monday morning, I'm up a creek....
Your back up for AB is Gordon? Wow, you really are a masochist, aren't you?

Your back up for AB is Gordon? Wow, you really are a masochist, aren't you?
I got Gordon for free off the wire, why not.  I've had tons of drama on my team over the years.  Two years ago I had Zeke with his looming 6 game suspension.  Going into the fantasy playoffs, I lost him - so I traded him for Melvin Gordon and Hunter Henry.  Now Melvin is holding out.  I just can't find no drama players. 

Unbelievable

This is the type of stuff that is going to make me give up on the nfl.

Bunch of thugs and babies

So did AB use a racial slur against Mayock?  If he did, and Gruden is playing him?  Wow, what joke!  This team is going down in flames!  This is just the beginning!

So far as I'm aware, yes. Or else no video of the incident has been released. Presumably, only the team would've been taping practice.
This is why I have some reservations about the reporting of this incident. We really do not know exactly how bad it was. 

Does not matter. It's over.

Brown is going to light it up Monday night.

Please take all of this talk about race and your problems with “thugs” to the politics forum.
So you think someone should get lost for using a term that can perceived as a racial slur?  How about “cracker”?

And why wouldn’t people talk about race when the story involves a racial slur?  Should the media outlets addressing that aspect of this sordid tale immediately bury that truth?

Wonder if he’ll get another letter with fines for detrimental conduct on Wednesday & missing practice on Thursday...

:oldunsure:

I basically never change team names in my keeper league, but I might have to come up with something for my Tyreek/AB combo.

Bad Boys Bad Boys

Like that, but better.
I have some ideas:

Cheetah Clown

Stir Crazy

A. Clown and Cheetah

Something along these lines.

Wonder if he’ll get another letter with fines for detrimental conduct on Wednesday & missing practice on Thursday...

:oldunsure:
According to Schefter, the team told him to stay home on Thursday.
Also, Diana Russini spoke to Brown today and he denies saying "cracker" Said he wouldn't use the word.

ETA tweets

Dianna‏Verified account @diannaESPN 32m32 minutes ago

Antonio Brown told me there was never a scuffle at practice. He said he did not use the word “cracker” and would never use that word...Everything has been blown out of proportion” “I spoke with Mike Mayock 1-on-1, man-to-man.” #Raiders

Dianna‏Verified account @diannaESPN 33m33 minutes ago

I asked him how he’s feeling he said he’s better. I asked him if he’s happy? He said yeah, better. As for what happened on the field with Raiders GM Mike Mayock...

Dianna‏Verified account @diannaESPN 42m42 minutes ago

Interesting... the Raiders coaching staff never expected Antonio Brown to miss Monday. In house they kept game planning as if nothing had happened. “Antonio Brown mentally is in a good place” #Raiders

According to Schefter, the team told him to stay home on Thursday.
Also, Diana Russini spoke to Brown today and he denies saying "cracker" Said he wouldn't use the word.

ETA tweets

Dianna‏Verified account @diannaESPN 32m32 minutes ago

Antonio Brown told me there was never a scuffle at practice. He said he did not use the word “cracker” and would never use that word...Everything has been blown out of proportion” “I spoke with Mike Mayock 1-on-1, man-to-man.” #Raiders

Dianna‏Verified account @diannaESPN 33m33 minutes ago

I asked him how he’s feeling he said he’s better. I asked him if he’s happy? He said yeah, better. As for what happened on the field with Raiders GM Mike Mayock...

Dianna‏Verified account @diannaESPN 42m42 minutes ago

Interesting... the Raiders coaching staff never expected Antonio Brown to miss Monday. In house they kept game planning as if nothing had happened. “Antonio Brown mentally is in a good place” #Raiders
So what the heck actually happened?  Why did word come out immediately that he was being suspended?

So what the heck actually happened?  Why did word come out immediately that he was being suspended?
Rosenhaus yesterday said something to the effect of he's working with the Raiders to avoid the suspension (I didn't hear any contract void in this context, but implied) so i took this to be confirmation that every possible action that had been reported over the past 24 hours or so was at least discussed and considered.

He got away with a lot in Pittsburgh and he carried it over to Oakland. Why wouldn't he think he can get away with all this if he got away with it in Pittsburgh?  Mayock called him out and he acted like a child.  Brown isn't going to change and I expect him not to last long in Oakland and may not last long in the NFL.

Users who are viewing this thread