What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR A.J. Brown, PHI (1 Viewer)

You can almost feel a "squeaky wheel" game coming.
Probably but they tried greasing the wheel in this game after his outburst.

He also got animated at one point during week one, just got less attention, and saw an uptick in targets soon after. I want to stress I do not know if he was animated last week over targets, just that he got an uptick after he was demonstrative on the sideline.

I know the Eagles are chalking it up as "he just wants to help the team win" but I don't buy that BS, he wanted the ball. Last year the Eagles attempted 30 passes with Hurts and are 28 this year. They got two #1WR's and one of the best TE's in the game and it's hard to make everyone happy with that kind of low passing volume. I feel like Smith and Goedert get it, AJB's the one having the issue with it. So let's say they grease him a little more because of his outburst, does that ultimately impact Devonta or Goedert? Is there a time they sit back and begin to think while they are busy buying into the team concept they are seeing someone else prone to outburst to get the ball get rewarded by getting the ball? This is all probably nothing right now but it's the kind of stuff that can start impacting a team that has so far mainly been able to play unselfish and focus on winning.

He also got animated at one point during week one, just got less attention, and saw an uptick in targets soon after. I want to stress I do not know if he was animated last week over targets, just that he got an uptick after he was demonstrative on the sideline.

I know the Eagles are chalking it up as "he just wants to help the team win" but I don't buy that BS, he wanted the ball. Last year the Eagles attempted 30 passes with Hurts and are 28 this year. They got two #1WR's and one of the best TE's in the game and it's hard to make everyone happy with that kind of low passing volume. I feel like Smith and Goedert get it, AJB's the one having the issue with it. So let's say they grease him a little more because of his outburst, does that ultimately impact Devonta or Goedert? Is there a time they sit back and begin to think while they are busy buying into the team concept they are seeing someone else prone to outburst to get the ball get rewarded by getting the ball? This is all probably nothing right now but it's the kind of stuff that can start impacting a team that has so far mainly been able to play unselfish and focus on winning.
It was definitely a bad look for AJ. Could understand if they were losing but they were up a bunch in the 4th when he had his hissy fit.

MINN was giving them the run and they took it. Hurts was hitting the open man in the passing game.

AJ wants him to force it to him. GTFO with that BS.

It was definitely a bad look for AJ. Could understand if they were losing but they were up a bunch in the 4th when he had his hissy fit.

MINN was giving them the run and they took it. Hurts was hitting the open man in the passing game.

AJ wants him to force it to him. GTFO with that BS.

Yup, it was an unnecessary distraction and I wasn't surprised to see the Eagles let the game get within reach again afterward. Spoken as a huge Brown advocate, it was a bad look.

Philly is 2-0 and AJ has 16 targets in two games. He is mad because he is being out produced by his teammate. He needs to shut his mouth.
I have DeVonta and I agree. I have always believed they are 1A and 1B. I will be honest I did not want DeVonta, but he fell to me at the top of 4th and I had to take him. He’s my number one due my awesome selection of Cooper Kupp.

What's interesting is that I thought AJ was the high adot guy last season? But Smith got the two bombs last night.
But small sample, so it could have simply been the coverage.

Next Gen Stats
Every one of A.J. Brown's receptions (10) came against the Dolphins in off coverage (5+ yards of cushion).

Brown currently leads the NFL in targets (58), receptions (43), and receiving yards (625) against off coverage this season.

Powered by @awscloud

Is this good or bad? lol

I'm guessing press covering AJ Brown is a recipe for disaster
I honestly don't think there is an answer. If he were the only viable target, there would be different defenses being played against him. He's the size/speed guy, the prototypical X-receiver. Will beat you over the top as much as he will beat you underneath and YAC you up. The best WR I have ever seen in an Eagles uniform.

Next Gen Stats
Every one of A.J. Brown's receptions (10) came against the Dolphins in off coverage (5+ yards of cushion).

Brown currently leads the NFL in targets (58), receptions (43), and receiving yards (625) against off coverage this season.

Powered by @awscloud

Is this good or bad? lol

I'm guessing press covering AJ Brown is a recipe for disaster
I would love to see teams do nothing but press coverage on AJ…..

Was just offered 2 1st round picks 2024 and Metcalf for AJ. 😳😳😳
Unless you're competing for a ship I'd strongly consider that offer. Even if they are both late 1sts, value wise, it's an overpay.
I’m 6-0 and easily the best team but a recent flurry of trades and It will be more competitive. This is my first dynasty team and just not sure how to process that. It seems like a great trade to get 2 1sts. Not sure what half of the 1st yet. If I were to guess it would be 2 mids

Unless you're competing for a ship I'd strongly consider that offer. Even if they are both late 1sts, value wise, it's an overpay.
How so? Especially not knowing where the firsts are I wouldn’t do it unless they were really early.
Individuals will have different values. Going by just about any collective resource on current values that takes a consensus view, two firsts, even late like I said in my post, plus DK for AJ Brown is an overpay. That's fine if you think differently. That's not the consensus opinion though. So if his team isn't competing for a championship, yes, I think it's a good idea to seriously consider that offer. I'd rather have AJ Brown and his points off my team so I wind up with a higher draft pick, and trade that value into the future.

How so? Especially not knowing where the firsts are I wouldn’t do it unless they were really early.
It would be his 1st rd and a 1st he acquired via a trade. Look to be mids at this point. I am new to dynasty so I’m a little trepidatious in pulling the trigger but that seems good value. Hate to rock the boat when I’m 6-0.

I’m 6-0 and easily the best team but a recent flurry of trades and It will be more competitive. This is my first dynasty team and just not sure how to process that. It seems like a great trade to get 2 1sts. Not sure what half of the 1st yet. If I were to guess it would be 2 mids
That's definitely a scenario where I'd hold. The championship is more important than just about anything in dynasty. Too many people constantly churn assets and wind up middle of the pack. In general in dynasty you either want to be first or last. So it was a good offer, and I'd let them know that so they aren't discouraged from sending more of them your way in the future. I'd guess they are also competing this year if they are trying to get Brown. Which probably makes it a better trade for him anyway. He's not only strengthening his team, but weakening yours as his main competition.

Individuals will have different values. Going by just about any collective resource on current values that takes a consensus view, two firsts, even late like I said in my post, plus DK for AJ Brown is an overpay. That's fine if you think differently. That's not the consensus opinion though. So if his team isn't competing for a championship, yes, I think it's a good idea to seriously consider that offer. I'd rather have AJ Brown and his points off my team so I wind up with a higher draft pick, and trade that value into the future.
He's 6-0 and this trade is absolutely nonsense for him to take.

Even if he wasn't contending, AJ isn't that old and it's unlikely two mid firsts get him someone as good as AJ... High value WRs don't grow on trees.

AJ, JJ, and Ja'Marr... I wouldn't give them up for 2 mid firsts and DK, even if I was last place currently.

If they were both top 3 picks and I could get MH Jr and one of the QBs... Then I'd think about it pretty hard.

Even if he wasn't contending, AJ isn't that old and it's unlikely two mid firsts get him someone as good as AJ... High value WRs don't grow on trees.
No, I am 6-0 he is 4-3 now. He just made a huge trade. So I know he’s pushing this year. As soon as I saw that new trade last night. I knew he is pushing for a championship. I promptly declined that offer. He is now a viable contender.
I agree. They don’t grow on trees and still young.

No, I am 6-0 he is 4-3 now. He just made a huge trade. So I know he’s pushing this year. As soon as I saw that new trade last night. I knew he is pushing for a championship. I promptly declined that offer. He is now a viable contender.
I think (correct me if wrong) @(HULK) was referring to you when he said "He's 6-0".

I think (correct me if wrong) @(HULK) was referring to you when he said "He's 6-0".
Oh I mistyped. Makes sense he said that

AJB is my favorite WR to watch since TO. I love physically dominant WRs who are just too strong to drag down. If he torches Dallas I'd say 2000 yards are in the cards.

Ouch. Good win for Eagles but I’ve been reading this chiefs DB is all pro good
Almost every Eagles drive was a TD or a 3 and out. Very little in between. Hence the low yardage total all around. And Brown could have had a TD on the Hurts INT if there hadn't been miscommunication.
He's been so good this year that it's just hard to understand how 1-8 is even possible, regardless of game script.

Ouch. Good win for Eagles but I’ve been reading this chiefs DB is all pro good
Almost every Eagles drive was a TD or a 3 and out. Very little in between. Hence the low yardage total all around. And Brown could have had a TD on the Hurts INT if there hadn't been miscommunication.
He's been so good this year that it's just hard to understand how 1-8 is even possible, regardless of game script.
His first two games were duds as well. It happens.

Next Gen Stats
A.J. Brown faced Stephon Gilmore on 11 of 13 targets and at the line of scrimmage on 21 of 27 routes (77.8%).

After being held without a catch in the first quarter, Brown finished with 8 receptions for 88 yards against Gilmore as the nearest defender.

#PHIvsDAL | #FlyEaglesFly

A.J. Brown was targeted most often when the Cowboys defense featured single-high safety coverage.

🔹 Single-High: 10 targets, 8 rec, 86 yards (17 routes)
🔹 Split-Safety: 1 targets, 0 rec (8 routes)
🔹 Cover 0: 2 targets, 1 rec, 8 yards (2 routes)

#PHIvsDAL | #FlyEaglesFly

Temporarily deactivating his accounts on social media and out with questionable injuries didn't happen til he played with Julio so I had to go re-look and ...yeah his injury looked sincere. Idk what's up with his social media diva craving attention stuff.

Old Julio is still someone that can leap with Spiderman arms to catch balls no one else can. I can't see him being much more than a goal line weapon though.

Smith isn't a 1 in my mind and he'd need to be.

Why didn't they re-sign what's his name, longtime TE?

Goedert seems to be the defacto #1 but when he is it's like a 9 for 80-90 yards game.

They're going to have to be more ball control plodding style and hope their D plays like it's not the 23-24 season

Temporarily deactivating his accounts on social media and out with questionable injuries didn't happen til he played with Julio so I had to go re-look and ...yeah his injury looked sincere. Idk what's up with his social media diva craving attention stuff.

Old Julio is still someone that can leap with Spiderman arms to catch balls no one else can. I can't see him being much more than a goal line weapon though.

Smith isn't a 1 in my mind and he'd need to be.

Why didn't they re-sign what's his name, longtime TE?

Goedert seems to be the defacto #1 but when he is it's like a 9 for 80-90 yards game.

They're going to have to be more ball control plodding style and hope their D plays like it's not the 23-24 season
It’s been pointed out in the eagles thread that he did the same things last year w/r/t his social media accounts, FWIW.

Julio Jones anytime TD is a bet I’m definitely making this week.

Davonte is absolutely good enough to be a wr1. He is dead nasty route runner, great with contested catches, sideline grabs etc. he should have a big game.

You’re talking about Zach Ertz. I’m surprised no one grabbed him, honestly. I’d have been ok with the eagles making a call.

They’ve really ignored Goedert for long stretches this year, it’s baffling.

Users who are viewing this thread