What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who has had the best draft through day 2? (1 Viewer)

LawFitz

Footballguy
I would've put the Raiders up against anyone through two picks with the Bowers-Powers combo, but then they took a 7th-rd OT with their 3rd rounder and quickly blew up my dreams of a new dawn in OakLosVegas.

Raider shanahanigans aside, who has had the best draft through round three? Iggles with two stud DBs come to mind for me, as do Vikes with JJM and Dallas Turner, and the Bewhs with the new Caleb-Rome battery. I know the Cards took like 15 players in the first three rounds, including Starvin' Jr. and Trey Benson - seems like a great start for them too.

Brad Holmes says Terrion Arnold and Ennis Rakestraw were Detroit's 1-2 cornerbacks in the draft.

Asked about the competition that looms at corner in training camp: "It's a bloodbath in there now. That's what makes everything better."

Lions projected starting secondary/top backups heading into TC:

Position20232024
LCBCam SuttonCarlton Davis III (trade - 2024 #92)
RCBJerry JacobsTerion Arnold (24th pick)
SCBCJGJBrian Branch
FSKerby JosephKerby Joseph
SSTracy Walker IIIIfeatu Melifonwu
DBEmmanuel MoseleyAmik Robertson (FA signing)
DBBrian BranchEnnis Rakestraw (61st pick)
DBWill HarrisEmmanuel Moseley

Didn't have a 3rd round pick bc we shipped our pick to upgrade at starting CB.

Used the MIN 3rd (fm Hockenson trade) to move up to get another starting CB.

Used our 2nd round pick to draft the guy everyone was mocking to Detroit at pick 29 a few months ago.

Released or did not sign Sutton, Jacobs, Gardner-Johnson, Walker and Harris. Complete overall of the weakest position group on a very good team.

THE best draft through Day 2 is the city of Detroit. Crushing it.

275,000 Day 1 - set a new Day 1 record
230,000 Day 2
Need 100K Day 3 to break the event record

NFL Draft Attendance:
  • 2015 Chicago: 200,000
  • 2016 Chicago: 225,000
  • 2017 Philadelphia: 250,000
  • 2018 Dallas: 200,000
  • 2019 Nashville: 600,000
  • 2020 Virtual
  • 2021 Cleveland: 160,000
  • 2022 Las Vegas: 300,000
  • 2023 Kansas City: 312,000

Brad Holmes says Terrion Arnold and Ennis Rakestraw were Detroit's 1-2 cornerbacks in the draft.

Asked about the competition that looms at corner in training camp: "It's a bloodbath in there now. That's what makes everything better."

Lions projected starting secondary/top backups heading into TC:

Position20232024
LCBCam SuttonCarlton Davis III (trade - 2024 #92)
RCBJerry JacobsTerion Arnold (24th pick)
SCBCJGJBrian Branch
FSKerby JosephKerby Joseph
SSTracy Walker IIIIfeatu Melifonwu
DBEmmanuel MoseleyAmik Robertson (FA signing)
DBBrian BranchEnnis Rakestraw (61st pick)
DBWill HarrisEmmanuel Moseley

Didn't have a 3rd round pick bc we shipped our pick to upgrade at starting CB.

Used the MIN 3rd (fm Hockenson trade) to move up to get another starting CB.

Used our 2nd round pick to draft the guy everyone was mocking to Detroit at pick 29 a few months ago.

Released or did not sign Sutton, Jacobs, Gardner-Johnson, Walker and Harris. Complete overall of the weakest position group on a very good team.

230,000 Day 2

NFL Draft Attendance:
  • 2020 Virtual

No way I would doubt MCDC after last year's first two rounds. That said, this year's first two look amazing already on their own. No need to disprove haterade this time.

And BTW, I am a big fan of Amik as well. Dude was a dawg coming into the league and got better every year of his rookie contract. He is still ascending IMO, and while as a CB1 his stature will always be a problem, as CB3 mentor to two stud rooks, you probably couldn't do better.

It’s tough to rank the teams but a few I like:

Steelers - fautanu, Frazier, Wilson and Wilson
Probably the best WR value in the draft, so far anyway. If Peyton plays he should be really good. Addresses the OL. they’re giving fields (or Wilson, so many Flippin’ Wilsons) more support than the Bears ever did.

Eagles - Mitchell, Dejean, Hunt.
Gotta love it when a team could fix a secondary like this (lions too, but just a little less so imo). Hunt has high end potential but will take time.

Rams - verse, fiske, corum, kitchens
They had to address the DL and did so very well imo. corum and Kyren make for a very nice duo.

I would've put the Raiders up against anyone through two picks with the Bowers-Powers combo, but then they took a 7th-rd OT with their 3rd rounder and quickly blew up my dreams of a new dawn in OakLosVegas
One guy's ranking really did that to you? Aside from Sikkema, everyone else had him in 4th/5th round.

I am biased as a Bears fan, but damn this is the best additions my team has made in …. a very very long time! Please let it be that we have our franchise QB, please and merci!

On a downside, I live in Bills country and hear way too much chatter about this team. I am disappointed for their fans.

Probably the best WR value in the draft, so far anyway. If Peyton plays he should be really good. Addresses the OL. they’re giving fields (or Wilson, so many Flippin’ Wilsons) more support than the Bears ever did.

Gotta love it when a team could fix a secondary like this (lions too, but just a little less so imo). Hunt has high end potential but will take time.
Pennsylvania is having a nice couple of days.

The Cardinals had 7 picks in the Top 90...
MHJr was a no brainer.
DRob/Edge
Max Melton, DB
Trey Benson, RB
Isaiah Adams, IOL
Tip Reiman, TE
Elijah Jones, DB #2 in the Draft for them

-I'm not sure a lot of these names are much higher than about 3rd/4th round grades after we move past DRob/Melton but I do love the Trey Benson pick
Murray-MHJr-Benson could be a lethal 1-2-3 on offense.
They also helped the OL with not just the Adams pick but also Reiman at TE.
I didn't have Adams rated very high and neither did a lot of spots but it's a 3rd round pick and they had 4 of them to play with
Cards addressed several needs, they're going to be better.

Last edited:
I would've put the Raiders up against anyone through two picks with the Bowers-Powers combo, but then they took a 7th-rd OT with their 3rd rounder and quickly blew up my dreams of a new dawn in OakLosVegas.

Raider shanahanigans aside, who has had the best draft through round three? Iggles with two stud DBs come to mind for me, as do Vikes with JJM and Dallas Turner, and the Bewhs with the new Caleb-Rome battery. I know the Cards took like 15 players in the first three rounds, including Starvin' Jr. and Trey Benson - seems like a great start for them too.
What?
Raiders are high on my list, Bowers and JPJ are Day 1 starters, not everyone can say that about their 1st and 2nd round selections.
JPJ will be a calming stabilizer on that OL, Bowers is going to help expand the playbook on offense.
I think the Raiders are having a great draft so far after a pretty nice off season with the signing of Christian Wilkins, both sides of their lines got much better.
Pierce is making this team into what he wants, they still might need a QB but the rest of the team is being built to win.

230,000 Day 2

NFL Draft Attendance:
  • 2020 Virtual
They are going to clear 100,000 easily today. I was down there yesterday and it was a blast. The city looked great, the vibes were great, everywhere was busy. A+ event.

I would've put the Raiders up against anyone through two picks with the Bowers-Powers combo, but then they took a 7th-rd OT with their 3rd rounder and quickly blew up my dreams of a new dawn in OakLosVegas
One guy's ranking really did that to you? Aside from Sikkema, everyone else had him in 4th/5th round.

It was a reach by any consensus ranking, just a matter of how much. But as we saw with McCarthy and then Penix, consensus ranks don't mean ****. These teams have crazy intel on one another and all I needed to get over the 'reach' aspect of the pick was seeing how fired up AP was in the war room following this pick. Clearly Glaze was a guy they were targeting, and they were worried about getting sniped. I'll defer to their judgement over the pundits, based on what AP has shown us thus far as coach, scout and asst. GM, before and during this draft.

I liked the Lions draft. The fatal flaw of their team last year was pass coverage and so with their first 3 picks they got 3 quality CBs.

Pennsylvania is having a nice couple of days.
Yes, I think those two teams headline my list, Steelers and Eagles in that order.

Not flashy and only 2 picks, but the Seahawks selected the top DL and top true OG. They have the second pick today and it could be Rattler.

Eagles
Ravens
Steelers

Every stinking year. These teams rarely overthink things, take great talent that falls farther than they should, and don’t get cute with nonsensical picks or reaching to fill needs. The draft really isn’t that complicated, and these organizations seem to have figured that out better than most.

Cardinals if just choosing one. Outside of drafting the best player in MHJ they’ve also had a ton of picks and actually used them in a deep draft. They needed an influx of talent.

I also like what the Bears, Eagles, and Steelers have done so far.

Compared to what most thought could happen with MN getting their franchise QB but having to give up #23 and next year's first and potentially then some, coming away with JJ and Dallas Turner and retaining the #1 next year is a home run. Too bad Kwesi had to give up so many mid-round picks to do so but two essentially top 10 picks and an intact first round next year? Wow. If they can nail their next pick with a solid prospect at #108 it will have been a very good weekend. Sounds like Maye was the preferred option and they did offer the farm for him but NE wouldn't budge. Hopefully it's one of those deals where sometimes the best move you make is the one you don't make. Will be interesting to see how Maye develops (or doesn't) in that situation in NE. I kind of feel bad for him because MN would have been so much of a better situation for him. That said, let's go JJ.

Compared to what most thought could happen with MN getting their franchise QB but having to give up #23 and next year's first and potentially then some, coming away with JJ and Dallas Turner and retaining the #1 next year is a home run. Too bad Kwesi had to give up so many mid-round picks to do so but two essentially top 10 picks and an intact first round next year? Wow. If they can nail their next pick with a solid prospect at #108 it will have been a very good weekend. Sounds like Maye was the preferred option and they did offer the farm for him but NE wouldn't budge. Hopefully it's one of those deals where sometimes the best move you make is the one you don't make. Will be interesting to see how Maye develops (or doesn't) in that situation in NE. I kind of feel bad for him because MN would have been so much of a better situation for him. That said, let's go JJ.
I think JJ ended up as one of the best landing spots, talent around him, smart pick by the Vikings and they didn't give up much to get him
I liked this pic a lot, maybe Minnesota will go in another direction in 2-3 years but it felt like the right move in this '24 Draft

I think JJ ended up as one of the best landing spots, talent around him, smart pick by the Vikings and they didn't give up much to get him
I liked this pic a lot, maybe Minnesota will go in another direction in 2-3 years but it felt like the right move in this '24 Draft
I had read Harbaugh called McCarthy the best QB in Michigan history and Brady agreed with him. I know his stats were sort of mid because he wasn't asked to do alot. I went back and looked at Brady's college stats and they were even less impressive than JJ's. Just goes to show you never really know how these guys are going to translate in the NFL.

It seems I'm all alone but I like the Washington draft. I think Daniels is going to be a star. And while I saw one draft grade give the Commanders a C+ I found 3 more than gave them an A. We likely have 4 to 5 new starters after day 2. Not sure how that can be seen as anything but a positive.

It seems I'm all alone but I like the Washington draft. I think Daniels is going to be a star. And while I saw one draft grade give the Commanders a C+ I found 3 more than gave them an A. We likely have 4 to 5 new starters after day 2. Not sure how that can be seen as anything but a positive.
-They added another first rounder that needs to add muscle like Emmanual Forbes worked so well.
-They took a DT when they already have Allen, Payne, Mathis and Ridgeway.
-They took yet another guard prospect in the hopes he becomes a tackle, like that has worked out so well with Saahdiq Charles and Braeden Daniels.

Positives: They picked up a good nickle corner and I like the McCaffrey pick. The TE pick is solid. Still a little underwhelming considering they had 6 picks in the top 100 including 3 second round picks.

Last edited:
I am biased as a Bears fan, but damn this is the best additions my team has made in …. a very very long time! Please let it be that we have our franchise QB, please and merci!

On a downside, I live in Bills country and hear way too much chatter about this team. I am disappointed for their fans.
I’m not!😂

Users who are viewing this thread