What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who are your top 5 QB's in 5 years? (1 Viewer)

Team ROFLCOPTERS

Footballguy
So I was listening to ESPN's The Herd show today where they had a guest host who brought up a very interesting topic today and I figured I'd share their thoughts and get your own opinions. Now the host had the top 5 right with the exception of the oder and their reasoning behind them.

Their order and reasoning were summerized as follows:

5) Matt Ryan. Needs to show that he is a leader. His interception in the playoffs leaves them doubt but he has the makeup.

My opinion: That analysis makes no sense to me. Everyone will make a mistake here and there, that doesn't dictate if he is a leader or not.

4) Sam Bradford: He has the makeup but it's only been one year.

My opinion: I agree with theit analysis about the one year thing, but the analysis becomes extremely hypocritical as we move on in the list.

3) Matt Stafford: He is having a great preseason.

My opinion: I don't see how anyone can build a case for him based off a preseason, espescially after discrediting Bradfor for only doing it one year. Stafford has done less in less time. Stafford has a huge arm and lots of talent but I had hoped they would be consistent in their train of thought.

2) Aaron Rodgers: He's not Josh Johnson (QB1, yeah, they didn't get the name right)That's all they gave as to their reasoning behind ranking him number 2.

1) Josh Freeman: (They called him Josh Johnson the entire time until the end of their analysis and realized they meant Josh Freeman) Josh Johnson is a man. He's huge and when I met him in studio he was a very nice guy. Very charismatic. Has the it factor.

My opinion: While I like Freeman a lot I was taken back by them apparently playing favorites and not playing true to their own rules. Kind of hypocritical since, again Freeman has really only done it a year. I don't think I would put him at the head of the list because he's "huge" and "a really nice guy".

My list goes as follows:

5)Freeman. (picks 5-2 are all interchangable)

4)Stafford: I adore him but he just needs to be healthy a full year.

3)Ryan: Everything you want in a QB.

2)Bradford: Like Ryan, but I think Bradford is a tad bit more special.

1)Rodgers. He's dynamic, can run, can win.

I'm not taking college QB's into consideration.

So, let's get your thoughts.

I would put romo instead of Freeman and swap Bradford and stafford. Obviously Luck and other QBs drafted in the next few years will change this list.

Rodgers is 27 and Rivers is 29, so they'll only be 32 and 34 in 5 years respectively and should both still be top 5 QBs. That means we're only really talking about the other 3 QBs that break into the top 5.

Roethlisberger is 29. Eli is 30. Romo, Brees and Vick are 31.

Lots of guys currently playing who are top 12 who might still hang in there at age 34-36, which is the point where most elite QBs decline.

I'm not taking college QB's into consideration.
No Luck The list sucks
Yes, because everybody knows that great college QB's can't miss in the NFL. You can bet your ranch on them.
Well I can pretty much promise you that someone who isn't in the NFL right now will be on this list in 5 years. I mean 5 years is a long time from now. Why not Luck? He's as highly rated a prospect at the position as we've seen in years. It's probably just as much about who drafts him as it is his ability.

I'm not sure how anyone not named "Rodgers" can be at the top of that list.

1. Rodgers

2. Stafford

3. Ryan

4. Bradford

5. Freeman

Users who are viewing this thread