What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who are the players we refuse to give up on until it is too late? (1 Viewer)

D. Parker was probably my number 1, although I could argue I was able to FINALLY extract some value after his 2019 season. Was it enough to compensate for the first 4 bum seasons, no. But since he was already named I'll go with a tight end since I haven't seen many/any of them called out.

OJ Howard. I should thank him for finally teaching me to stop taking TEs early in rookie drafts. I see Kincaid being talked about aggressively in the late 1st/early 2nd in rookie drafts recently and just can't get on board because of so many experiences like Howard, though he was definitely the straw that finally broke the camels back with this trend for me. Between a bad sunk cost fallacy, and his decent numbers his first 2 seasons, I stayed making excuses for him right up until the playoffs this year (when I needed to make a cut to fill in for an injury and finally pulled the trigger on cutting him). Of course I also have a decent history of dropping under performing TEs prior to them finally putting up a good season, though none of them continued doing so after that one. So that contributed to my diamond hands hold on OJH as well.

Odell Beckham, David Johnson and Gronk for recent ones.

D. Parker was probably my number 1, although I could argue I was able to FINALLY extract some value after his 2019 season. Was it enough to compensate for the first 4 bum seasons, no. But since he was already named I'll go with a tight end since I haven't seen many/any of them called out.

OJ Howard. I should thank him for finally teaching me to stop taking TEs early in rookie drafts. I see Kincaid being talked about aggressively in the late 1st/early 2nd in rookie drafts recently and just can't get on board because of so many experiences like Howard, though he was definitely the straw that finally broke the camels back with this trend for me. Between a bad sunk cost fallacy, and his decent numbers his first 2 seasons, I stayed making excuses for him right up until the playoffs this year (when I needed to make a cut to fill in for an injury and finally pulled the trigger on cutting him). Of course I also have a decent history of dropping under performing TEs prior to them finally putting up a good season, though none of them continued doing so after that one. So that contributed to my diamond hands hold on OJH as well.
Yes, Howard was, and is, a roster clogger. At one time he had value. Now, not so much.

Users who are viewing this thread