What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

White football? (1 Viewer)

BigJonE300

Footballguy
Let me start this post by saying that I love the NFL, and am not a fan of the instant replay system. However, it appears here to stay so I've accepted it. Now, on to the rest of the issue.

For those of you who were watching the Dallas/Jacksonville game, you might know what I'm talking about. With about 45 seconds left, Bledsoe appeared to throw an interception along the sidelines. This was overturned via replay, they said that the ball hit the ground as the defender (B.Williams) was juggling the ball. It sure looked to me like it was his elbow, and he was cradling the ball while keeping it from hitting the ground. It was very hard to see because his skin tone was exactly the same color as the football. I would be willing to bet that it was for sure his elbow and not the ball. Now put this underneath his rolling body, from across the field and its very hard to make the call. Would a white football have been MUCH easier to see? Even on some of the replays to determine spots and if the ball crossed the goal line. It was just a passing thought, but I'm sure this isn't the only time this has happened.

Let me start this post by saying that I love the NFL, and am not a fan of the instant replay system. However, it appears here to stay so I've accepted it. Now, on to the rest of the issue.For those of you who were watching the Dallas/Jacksonville game, you might know what I'm talking about. With about 45 seconds left, Bledsoe appeared to throw an interception along the sidelines. This was overturned via replay, they said that the ball hit the ground as the defender (B.Williams) was juggling the ball. It sure looked to me like it was his elbow, and he was cradling the ball while keeping it from hitting the ground. It was very hard to see because his skin tone was exactly the same color as the football. I would be willing to bet that it was for sure his elbow and not the ball. Now put this underneath his rolling body, from across the field and its very hard to make the call. Would a white football have been MUCH easier to see? Even on some of the replays to determine spots and if the ball crossed the goal line. It was just a passing thought, but I'm sure this isn't the only time this has happened.
Neon Yellow

might be difficult to see a white ball when one of the teams on the field is gonna have a white jersey on
Then make it like the goalie's jersey in soccer and change the color to something different from what the teams that day are playing.

I don't think so. Personally, I thought it WAS an incompletion also - ball bounced off the ground causing him to bobble it - definition of an incompletion. I saw that on the replay and was :rant: at the announcers as they said the ref got it wrong. (I didn't have any FF stakes and am not a fan of either team, so nothing to influence me either way)

Lines on the field

Snow

Home uniforms

Clouds + light blue skies

Dome ceilings

Plenty of reasons not to change

Let me start this post by saying that I love the NFL, and am not a fan of the instant replay system. However, it appears here to stay so I've accepted it. Now, on to the rest of the issue.For those of you who were watching the Dallas/Jacksonville game, you might know what I'm talking about. With about 45 seconds left, Bledsoe appeared to throw an interception along the sidelines. This was overturned via replay, they said that the ball hit the ground as the defender (B.Williams) was juggling the ball. It sure looked to me like it was his elbow, and he was cradling the ball while keeping it from hitting the ground. It was very hard to see because his skin tone was exactly the same color as the football. I would be willing to bet that it was for sure his elbow and not the ball. Now put this underneath his rolling body, from across the field and its very hard to make the call. Would a white football have been MUCH easier to see? Even on some of the replays to determine spots and if the ball crossed the goal line. It was just a passing thought, but I'm sure this isn't the only time this has happened.
Why does everything have to be about race?

Users who are viewing this thread