What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's up with Da'rick Rogers (1 Viewer)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/games/2014/09/26/nfl-players-have-until-nov-1-to-resolve-dui-cases-avoid-2-game-ban/16272357/

Plead guilty by Nov. 1 and don't skip a beat. This kid will resurface on another team that may actually use him.
Two teams have had access to this guy. On one team, he couldn't make the final 53. On the other, he couldn't beat out Griff Whalen.
Got nothing to do with his talent..Apparently he practices like he is a veteran...no sense of urgency. Given the right coach, who knows. If Frankie f-ing Hammond was an NFL starter I'm pretty sure this kid has a shot...Not to mention when he did play last year he showed he better than avg. NFL talent.

He caught a few passes.

There's a bunch of good athletes that don't have what it takes between the ears to be a pro.

So are we thinking Rogers got caught on purpose or is he just kinda dumb?

I'm going with just dumb
.......why would he get caught on purpose?
Because he's dumb....
Not much opportunity in Indy right now for Da'Rick...

"Man I gotta get outta here... I'm better than any WR in New York... What can I do to get cut?"

I'm still going with stupid... Perhaps stupid and lucky if it turns into a quicker opportunity to play on Sundays

New WR for the Kansas City Chiefs

https://twitter.com/darickrogers

sorry, don't know how to embed tweets.

Da'Rick RogersVerified account@darickrogers
my new home. happy to be apart of the Kansas City Chiefs !
270a.png
#OTGG #BDS #JTG http://instagram.com/p/xk1iPDrUGt/

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/games/2014/09/26/nfl-players-have-until-nov-1-to-resolve-dui-cases-avoid-2-game-ban/16272357/

Plead guilty by Nov. 1 and don't skip a beat. This kid will resurface on another team that may actually use him.
Two teams have had access to this guy. On one team, he couldn't make the final 53. On the other, he couldn't beat out Griff Whalen.
Got nothing to do with his talent..Apparently he practices like he is a veteran...no sense of urgency. Given the right coach, who knows. If Frankie f-ing Hammond was an NFL starter I'm pretty sure this kid has a shot...Not to mention when he did play last year he showed he better than avg. NFL talent.
You say this like it is a good thing...

Buffalo? I'd give the kid a pass.... Indy? He couldn't have been in a better situation and he blew it? KC?

He just went from penny stock to peso stock in my eyes.

Hmmmm. When will his 2 cent brain act up again?
yeah, and if I remember right he had a hard time learning the playbook in Buffalo or Indy. If he had a hard time picking up buffalo's playbook, I'm not sure if he will be able to pick up Andy Reid's playbook.
How many 5 yard pass patterns can there be??
Fortunately with Alex Smith 5 yard routes are all he needs to run.
:doh:

Loved his potential in Indy. In KC, he's a low end ham and egger. Not too many worse teams he could go to.

At this point I'd just be happy with playing time. At any team. KCC must have the worst WRs in the league so at least it's possible to hope that he'll get snaps. I'm confident they will draft one or more WRs early in the draft so that situation can change quickly though.

He's a body. Undrafted guy cut from two teams. Singed by KC in the same roster move as signing Terrelle Pryor.

Stop prattling on about talent, and upside, because he pretty much has sucked out loud since he entered the league.

He's a body. Undrafted guy cut from two teams. Singed by KC in the same roster move as signing Terrelle Pryor.

Stop prattling on about talent, and upside, because he pretty much has sucked out loud since he entered the league.
Yeah, except he has actually shown some ability in NFL games. There is obviously a very small chance that he ever amounts to anything, but we've already seen that there's something there. "Sucked out loud"...I don't know...in his limited playing team I wouldn't say that he has sucked out loud. The reasons he was cut seemed to be because of a DUI, off the field issues and team chemistry concerns.

Yeah, except he has actually shown some ability in NFL games. There is obviously a very small chance that he ever amounts to anything, but we've already seen that there's something there. "Sucked out loud"...I don't know...in his limited playing team I wouldn't say that he has sucked out loud. The reasons he was cut seemed to be because of a DUI, off the field issues and team chemistry concerns.
He had one big game, in 2013.

He was signed to a futures contract. Look at the names on these futures deals, they are all street guys that had no jobs all of 2014.

He didn't have a job this year.

Pass.

He was signed to a futures contract. Look at the names on these futures deals, they are all street guys that had no jobs all of 2014.

Pass.
Still have him in one league, i'll be holding for now. I agree these types of signings are usually longshots, but once in a while, someone who signs a futures contract sticks. I'm not here to say hes going be a number 1 or even number 2 WR in KC but he is definitely worth monitoring. Sure he only had one big game in 2013, as you put it, but he was also a rookie who didn't have the chance to build chemistry with Luck, learn the offense, and build trust with the staff with a full training camp/off season with them. How many games was he active for--3, 4, 5? To me, I can't truly write him off completely based just on that. A lot of the lack of playtime time in Indy is on him, but a portion of it is also on getting up to speed and gaining the trust of the coaches, which obviously he never did. He made mistakes like he has in college, he was (is) young and dumb, but thats not to say he can't figure it out. He had his career taken away from him for a whole year due to his own stupidity, if that didn't teach him a lesson, then he's done and you can drop him and move on at no cost. He caught 14 of his 23 targets that season with 2 TDs and also made a big play to help spark the comeback in the playoffs against KC, I would say he did OK considering number of opportunities and playing time he got. By your tone, I know you will disagree, but that's your opinion.

Different situation, but he was out of football for a year, Husain Abdullah was signed to a futures contract with these very same Chiefs a couple seasons ago and he stuck on the 53 and ended up getting another contract. So while these types of players are far from a guarantee, they do pan out every once in a while, especially with an opportunity like the one in KC. Is he going to be a regular starter in fantasy lineups? Probably not, but you can do worse than him as a "wait-and-see" dynasty stash.

At this point, I wonder if Da'Rick is a member here and/or pays off members to post of love for him.

This is a great sign for KC as every team that signs him seems to also land some impressive young talent at WR.

Pass.
If you're looking for a verdict then yes, by all means, the anti-Da'Rick crowd were right. But you don't have to re-write history and act like he doesn't have talent.

If you're looking for a verdict then yes, by all means, the anti-Da'Rick crowd were right. But you don't have to re-write history and act like he doesn't have talent.
OK, he has some talent.

Clinging to this guy as an end of the roster dynasty hope, OK. You could also fill that spot with a guy that played this year.

OK, he has some talent.

Clinging to this guy as an end of the roster dynasty hope, OK. You could also fill that spot with a guy that played this year.
talent doesn't wholly matter. This isn't peewee football. Results matter.

This was not a raw WR or a QB turned WR that needed time to develop, this was a ready to go type young player.

At what point do you stop saying "give him time to develop?"

Bri said:
OK, he has some talent.

talent doesn't wholly matter. This isn't peewee football. Results matter.

This was not a raw WR or a QB turned WR that needed time to develop, this was a ready to go type young player.

At what point do you stop saying "give him time to develop?"
And players don't exclusively get cut because of their lack of development or results. Team chemistry, holding players accountable, coaches and GMs being consistent in what they say and how they act. The Colts cut him 18 hours after he got popped for the DUI. I don't see how his release had all that much to do with his development or lack thereof. You don't have to be a genius to understand that he was on a short leash and at the first screw-up he would be out the door.

When on the field he has flashed ability and he is obviously physically gifted. Is it all going to come together for him? Probably not. But that's the risk we take when we gamble on players with character issues. Some times those gambles work, some times they fail. The key is how much you invest in those players and that you actually hit from time to time.

Rotoworld:

Chiefs WR Da'Rick Rogers has been sentenced to six months probation in his September DUI case.

He'll also serve one day in jail. Rogers' arrest cost him his Colts roster spot, and he went unsigned until the Chiefs scooped him up in January. Rogers has all the physical skills necessary to stick in the NFL, but has had trouble keeping things straight off the field. If he can, there's a good chance he cracks Kansas City's 53-man roster.

Source: WISHTV.com

May 18 - 3:13 PM

What are the odds this guy amounts to anything? Holding him in a 12x35 PPR
I think he's worth a roster spot in a 12x35 league.. KC is probably his last shot and you'll be able to cut bait before the season pending his performance (or lack thereof)

I'm holding him in a 12x28 league and I'm hoping that he can get some buzz during preseason and maybe be able to flip him for a future pick. I'm not holding my breath though

Rotoworld:

Chiefs released WR Da'Rick Rogers.

A highly touted UDFA back in 2013, Rogers has now been cut by three teams in the last 22 months. The Chiefs are the most alarming to give up, as they have very little depth behind Jeremy Maclin. Rogers is still just 24 years old, but an inability to make a mark on the practice field against backup is scary. It was previously thought that only off-field issues would hold him back.

Jun 16 - 10:07 AM

Rotoworld:

NFL suspended free agent WR Da'Rick Rogers two games.

The reason for the suspension was not announced, but it likely stems from a DUI arrest last September. Rogers spent five months with the Chiefs this offseason, but he has not generated any interest since being released in June. Just 24 with impressive physical skills, Rogers could find his way onto another roster this season.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Aug 13 - 4:40 PM

Users who are viewing this thread