What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered? (2 Viewers)

I had to read this a few times to see what piece I was missing.....I’m not really for vetoing trades, but I’d make an exception.....
I agree with a commissioner not using veto powers under almost any circumstances - but in this situation some serious questions need to be asked at least. Team B would need to explain to me how he thinks this helps his team, because I can’t see it. “I got two picks and have holes to fill” isn’t going to cut it.

This is a league ruining type of trade. One of the currently most valuable assets in dynasty (look at the trade thread) just got traded for two long shot picks. 

I agree with a commissioner not using veto powers under almost any circumstances - but in this situation some serious questions need to be asked at least. Team B would need to explain to me how he thinks this helps his team, because I can’t see it. “I got two picks and have holes to fill” isn’t going to cut it.

This is a league ruining type of trade. One of the currently most valuable assets in dynasty (look at the trade thread) just got traded for two long shot picks. 
Like may other trades we have seen in here, tomorrow we will probably see the guy say that the owner accidentally accepted the trade.

Andrew74 said:
Time to find another league @Hankmoody

I had to read this a few times to see what piece I was missing.....I’m not really for vetoing trades, but I’d make an exception.....

Like may other trades we have seen in here, tomorrow we will probably see the guy say that the owner accidentally accepted the trade.

Would be interesting to know which side offered it. I’m not sure which side offering would be worse.
I missed one aspect - there was also $20 league currency involved.  $ is used for waivers as well as RFA process, and it's a $50 annual reload so that's a moderate addition.  It's probably about the 1.07 equivalent.  AJG went for $35 in this league last year and $20 probably gets you a guy like Melvin Gordon or Ingram now.  So now it becomes:

Team A got 1.01
Team B got 1.07, 1.14, 2.14

Still awful, but not criminally so.

I missed one aspect - there was also $20 league currency involved.  $ is used for waivers as well as RFA process, and it's a $50 annual reload so that's a moderate addition.  It's probably about the 1.07 equivalent.  AJG went for $35 in this league last year and $20 probably gets you a guy like Melvin Gordon or Ingram now.  So now it becomes:

Team A got 1.01

Who offered it?

Team A got 1.01

Best asset you get is some paddy’s bucks? Still egregious. 

Best asset you get is some paddy’s bucks? Still egregious. 
One could probably sell 1.14 and 2.14 for more cash and have enough, or very close, to get Julio in RFA.  So while I wouldn't be trading 1.01 for Julio, this doesn't end up quite in the egregious territory to me.  Now that I see the cash (it was in the comments) I kind of wish I didn't post this one, and I usually avoid doing so when I know cash is involved, because it's a very league-specific nuance that really skews the perception a lot for those that don't play in them.  I usually just stick to picks/players only trades when I post here.

Prolly not the worst but damn awful anyways. Offered James White and a random 1st and 2nd for Alvin Kamara. Picks will be no higher than 1.08-1.10 or so

One could probably sell 1.14 and 2.14 for more cash and have enough, or very close, to get Julio in RFA.  So while I wouldn't be trading 1.01 for Julio, this doesn't end up quite in the egregious territory to me.  Now that I see the cash (it was in the comments) I kind of wish I didn't post this one, and I usually avoid doing so when I know cash is involved, because it's a very league-specific nuance that really skews the perception a lot for those that don't play in them.  I usually just stick to picks/players only trades when I post here.
I came back to this and the fact that if they sell off the other assets then they possibly, but not guarantee that you can land the best free agent, doesn’t really move the needle off “terrible” for me, and it absolutely belongs here. Maybe there are some other fa guys available that they could wrangle in and get 2-3 good players, but you have to be one savvy owner. Seems like he took the first offer available and didn’t shop the pick at all. 

I went back to last year at this time to see what kind of terrible offers don’t look that bad now- there were none really...

Here’s a gem that went through (accepted)  last night:

A: Gave: Zeke, Agholor, Ebron

B: Gave: Diggs, 1.3, J. Matthews, Godwin, Cohen, Joe Williams

Yeah, this doesn't belong at all.  It may not be his going rate, but first off it's not an offer and second its not that horrible.

I really don’t know if you don’t see the difference in the title of the thread:

what is the worst dynasty trade you were offered. 

Vs.

“this trade that was bad got accepted in my league” -by you

Last edited by a moderator:
In one of my leagues I have the 1.01 pick and have had two pretty bad offers for it  

First was I give 1.01, 1.04, 1.07 and Juju 

I receive Mike Evans

2nd offer was 

I give 1.01, 1.07 1.10 and Sterling Shepard

I get Allen Robinson.  

In one of my leagues I have the 1.01 pick and have had two pretty bad offers for it  

First was I give 1.01, 1.04, 1.07 and Juju 

I receive Mike Evans

2nd offer was 

I give 1.01, 1.07 1.10 and Sterling Shepard

I get Allen Robinson.  
& I thought the AR owner in my league wanting two first rounders was rich!

I bet some of these offers aren't nearly as bad as they appeared when offered.  I'm not digging through the thread to find specific examples but it always makes me think of people she roasted guys for saying things like "you offer Adrian Peterson and a 1st for my Trent Richardson"? Are you kidding?  You'd have to throw in drew Brees to get me to even consider it."

We get so tied up in present day perceived value and discuss it at least gthbut hardly ever go back and revisit the completely wrong assumptions and statements we made.  

Areguably the best report three RBS in the perceived frame of things right now are guys who were not considered to be at all when. Drafted.  Todd Gurley pretty much single handedly won countless leagues this year and before the season he was being talked about as a guy that "everyone thought was going to be great...but isn't".  It changes fast. Hard to call many offers as "bad". 

I bet some of these offers aren't nearly as bad as they appeared when offered.  I'm not digging through the thread to find specific examples but it always makes me think of people she roasted guys for saying things like "you offer Adrian Peterson and a 1st for my Trent Richardson"? Are you kidding?  You'd have to throw in drew Brees to get me to even consider it."

We get so tied up in present day perceived value and discuss it at least gthbut hardly ever go back and revisit the completely wrong assumptions and statements we made.  

Areguably the best report three RBS in the perceived frame of things right now are guys who were not considered to be at all when. Drafted.  Todd Gurley pretty much single handedly won countless leagues this year and before the season he was being talked about as a guy that "everyone thought was going to be great...but isn't".  It changes fast. Hard to call many offers as "bad". 
A bad process occasionally will lead to a good result. That does not mean you should continue to follow a bad process after a good result.

I really don’t know if you don’t see the difference in the title of the thread:

what is the worst dynasty trade you were offered. 

Vs.

“this trade that was bad got accepted in my league” -by you
Clearly I understand it since I have posted in this thread and on these boards for many more years than you. However, I was glomming on the recent post from another who posted what they believed to be a trade that is not representative of value and therefore they put it here rather than the trade thread rather than muddying up the accepted trade thread. 

Now, please respond to your wrong comment that this was “not an offer”, oh that’s right you cannot because it was. 

Then, go away and focus on improving your  teams. Your obsession with me is disturbing.

:lmao:

jeaton6 said:
Clearly I understand it since I have posted in this thread and on these boards for many more years than you. However, I was glomming on the recent post from another who posted what they believed to be a trade that is not representative of value and therefore they put it here rather than the trade thread rather than muddying up the accepted trade thread. 

Now, please respond to your wrong comment that this was “not an offer”, oh that’s right you cannot because it was. 

Then, go away and focus on improving your  teams. Your obsession with me is disturbing.

It’s too bad your “years” more experience on these boards couldn’t help you with the difference between an offer and an accepted trade.

Hanks trade truly was a horrible offer that everyone looks at and can see it didn’t belong in the completed trades thread and seemed reasonable to be in here. Yours wasn’t exactly equal value, but certainly doesn’t belong here by a long shot.

its funny how you think I have this obsession with you but want me to answer your questions.

?

Yeah, this doesn't belong at all.  It may not be his going rate, but first off it's not an offer and second its not that horrible.
Not only is it not horrible, I'd take the non-Zeke side pretty easily (although I'd drop Joe Williams right away after accepting). I might be in the minority - I'm not high on either Agholor or Ebron and I'm a big fan of Cohen and Diggs, but I would have thought the value was on the Diggs side. 

Here's the worst I was offered but with a twist; it was the worst for the person offering it.

16 team idp deep rosters with taxi squad, salary cap league

I had Kiko Alonso on a 4yr min deal in his rookie year. I wad approached by an owner who said he wanted Kiko and he was willing to come big. I said give it a shot. He offered me 3 1st round picks over the next few years along with a couple 2nds. I snapped that up in a hurry

Here's the worst I was offered but with a twist; it was the worst for the person offering it.

16 team idp deep rosters with taxi squad, salary cap league

I had Kiko Alonso on a 4yr min deal in his rookie year. I wad approached by an owner who said he wanted Kiko and he was willing to come big. I said give it a shot. He offered me 3 1st round picks over the next few years along with a couple 2nds. I snapped that up in a hurry

Not only is it not horrible, I'd take the non-Zeke side pretty easily (although I'd drop Joe Williams right away after accepting). I might be in the minority - I'm not high on either Agholor or Ebron and I'm a big fan of Cohen and Diggs, but I would have thought the value was on the Diggs side. 
Yeah and somehow me telling him it doesn’t belong means I’m trolling him. ?

It’s too bad your “years” more experience on these boards couldn’t help you with the difference between an offer and an accepted trade.

Hanks trade truly was a horrible offer that everyone looks at and can see it didn’t belong in the completed trades thread and seemed reasonable to be in here. Yours wasn’t exactly equal value, but certainly doesn’t belong here by a long shot.

its funny how you think I have this obsession with you but want me to answer your questions.

?
Only ask you to answer because you choose to not answer and just deflect which you have done again. If you cannot understand the fact that an accepted trade started with an offer then nothing can get through your thick skull.

:wall:

Best Ball Dynasty, 30 man roster, Superflex - Start 14 - 1qb/3rb/5wr/1te/4flex

Give
Cohen, Tarik CHI RB
Robinson, Allen JAC WR
Year 2018 Draft Pick 1.01

Get
Howard, Jordan CHI RB
Bryant, Martavis PIT WR
Cobb, Randall GBP WR
Lockett, Tyler SEA WR
Year 2018 Draft Pick 1.08

Sadly, maybe not the worst ive ever been offered, but damn....

Received this gem yesterday...

God's Christians will give
Manning, Eli NYG QB
Murray, DeMarco TEN RB
Robertson, Craig NOS LB

To Bills Mafia for
Cooper, Amari OAK WR
Jones, Deion ATL LB
Mosley, C.J. BAL LB

This isn't the worst trade I have been offered, but it gave me a good chuckle

Team A offers you

Kelvin Benjamin, Jordan Matthews, Virgil Green and 4.06

for

Hunter Henry

But wait there is more, that offered is revoked and the new offer is

for Hunter Henry and pick 1.11

Team A offers you

for

Hunter Henry

Who is rostering Virgil green? What is this, 2014? I actually looked to make sure I was on the right page and didn’t somehow go back to page 4. 

Team A offers you

for

Hunter Henry

You can kind of understand the first offer in many leagues as TE are often devalued and some people still like KB. some even like Matthews. It might not even get much criticism if completed (though the vast majority prefer Henry by a lot). 

Fwiw, I might look to buy low on both receivers in large leagues. 

But yeah the new offer is laughable. 

bleachercreacher said:
I just received an offer to give Cory Davis for rookie picks 5.08 and 6.08.  The comments said, "Trade away an over rated player for 2 young rookie studs".
I have always thought that silly, false comments are way worse than a bad offer. This dude probably would tell the guy he wants flip Davis to,  how underrated Corey is because of injuries to both himself and Mariota. 

I have always thought that silly, false comments are way worse than a bad offer. This dude probably would tell the guy he wants flip Davis to,  how underrated Corey is because of injuries to both himself and Mariota. 
Yeah phony comments annoy me too. There's a guy in one of my leagues, knowledgeable owner, has won his share, who like clockwork every year will spam me with offers of like 5 end of bench players who you know he's planning on cutting anyways, for a 3rd round rookie pick (or 4th etc.). Offers always include these ridiculous salesman pitches like "Oh this guy is currently 4th on the depth chart but they really like him and he could take over soon", or "with this guy you can lock up <insert team> RB situation by having 1st, 2nd, AND 3rd stringers".

I've never taken one of these offers but he gets other teams to bite all the time. 

Users who are viewing this thread