What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What did you get/give for Spiller? (1 Viewer)

fredsavage

Footballguy
Just traded Dez and Spiller for Megatron to the FJax owner. Thought this was an especially good trade because he'll likely have only one good player between the Bills RBs all year but will have to keep both rostered, possibly started. My heartstrings were tugged hard when I hit complete trade but I've always coveted 'tron.

What do you think of my valuation of Spiller and what have you given or gotten for him?

Last edited by a moderator:
No one cares about your team. Dr. Awesome was right, threads like this are killing the Shart Pool.

If you want us to rate your trade, head elsewhere.

I have traded for him twice

Preseason trade: Cutler+ DQwell Jackson for Spiller+Chris Johnson

After first game/FJax injury in other league: Doug Martin for Spiller

The Fred Jackson owner just offered me Brandon Marshall, B. Tate and A. Dalton for Spiller, A. Collie and R. Wilson. I'm having trouble accepting as I have visions of Arian Foster in 2010 when I see Spiller.

Just traded Dez and Spiller for Megatron to the FJax owner. Thought this was an especially good trade because he'll likely have only one good player between the Bills RBs all year but will have to keep both rostered, possibly started. My heartstrings were tugged hard when I hit complete trade but I've always coveted 'tron.What do you think of my valuation of Spiller and what have you given or gotten for him?
I was on the other side of this deal.Traded megatron and Titus Young for Spiller, Antonio Brown, Reggie Wayne.Won't have to worry about depth for the rest of the year.

Just traded Dez and Spiller for Megatron to the FJax owner. Thought this was an especially good trade because he'll likely have only one good player between the Bills RBs all year but will have to keep both rostered, possibly started. My heartstrings were tugged hard when I hit complete trade but I've always coveted 'tron.What do you think of my valuation of Spiller and what have you given or gotten for him?
this is a terrible trade but a great thread. while a huge thread exists about his value, i think it is great that you have made a whole new thread to call attention to your misstep.

this is a terrible trade but a great thread. while a huge thread exists about his value, i think it is great that you have made a whole new thread to call attention to your misstep.
Curious...what was the misstep? Are you suggesting that getting Calvin was the misstep? Are you that high on Dez or Spiller...which one? I think it was a great sell high move to be honest, I guess depends on the roster makeup...but FJax will be back in some role by week 5 or 6....nearly got Calvin in a similar deal myself, but Nicks injury killed it. Was giving Spiller/Nicks for Calvin.

i am that high on spiller, considering that he is a top 5 rb over the next 3-5 weeks and a solid rb2 from there.

i am that high on spiller, considering that he is a top 5 rb over the next 3-5 weeks and a solid rb2 from there.
....ok?Calvin Johnson.How do you see him producing over the next "3-5 weeks" and here on out? Don't answer that please. New to these boards I am...but I would bet most would gladly take Calvin for Spiller/Dez.So although "your that high" on Spiller...don't dog another poster for "misstepping" into getting one of the only LOCKS there is in fantasy football by trading Spiller. You need your own thread

New to these boards I am...So although "your
are you new to english too?anyway, calvin averaged 16.5 pts last season (if i included his 2 games this season his avg would decrease.) spiller has averaged like 18.5 the last 8 games. combine that with positional scarcity.

I was offered C. Johnson/A. Morris for Spiller but I'm not sure about that...... Could end up with a top 10 back and a back in Morris that I could flip quickly before he's not starting again or I could end up with a box of rocks :unsure:

New to these boards I am...So although "your
are you new to english too?anyway, calvin averaged 16.5 pts last season (if i included his 2 games this season his avg would decrease.) spiller has averaged like 18.5 the last 8 games. combine that with positional scarcity.
Really?...first off pal, I'm using an iPad...my bad if I don't take the time to add the apostrophe. #####? What's your excuse?Nothing to see here. IMO the OP made a nice trade; your response to his post was pointless and snarky. You sir are the reason FF forums are going down the tubes nationwide....misstep?See you around the boards bucho

I'm dangling him out there but not getting any decent offers for him. I figure other owners think his production will sink when FJackson returns.

cvnpoka sorry to take the jam out of your FBG donut. The point of this thread was to get others' real life accounts of Spiller trades to establish a real market value as many many people are most likely cashing in on him or trying to buy his services. Saying specifically what commodities can be gotten for him is much more useful to me than hypothetical pontification.

I'd want the Spiller/Dez side.

cvnpoka sorry to take the jam out of your FBG donut. The point of this thread was to get others' real life accounts of Spiller trades to establish a real market value as many many people are most likely cashing in on him or trying to buy his services. Saying specifically what commodities can be gotten for him is much more useful to me than hypothetical pontification.
so is this thread:http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=655532&st=0but for some reason you feel like your situation is much more important than everyone elses and is worthy of an entirely new thread.

'Ray Barboni said:
'cvnpoka said:
....ok?Calvin Johnson.How do you see him producing over the next "3-5 weeks" and here on out? Don't answer that please. New to these boards I am...but I would bet most would gladly take Calvin for Spiller/Dez.So although "your that high" on Spiller...don't dog another poster for "misstepping" into getting one of the only LOCKS there is in fantasy football by trading Spiller. You need your own thread
Spiller and Calvin owner here. Unless I was gold at RB, I'd prefer the Spiller/Dez side (but I own FJax as well so am not threatened by his return - though I don't think it's a big factor anyway - Bills know Spiller can't be on the sidelines with his level of production). Calvin is awesome, but unless I got a good RB2 back I couldn't part with Spiller.

Someone dropped him early in the week that Jackson went down (IOW before he was hurt). I got him AFTER he cleared waivers. Lol.

so is this thread:http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=655532&st=0but for some reason you feel like your situation is much more important than everyone elses and is worthy of an entirely new thread.
Damn bro, take a few breathes ... its just a FF forum

I was just offered Spiller and LaFell for DMC.
Tough call. It's basically Spiller for DMC depending on WR depth in your league. I have both in my main league, and I value them pretty close right now. If I was FORCED to take one . . . I'd rather have Spiller rest of way.

Was offered Spiller for either Julio or Marshall. Not sure what to do... schedule going forward is not good for Spiller.. Not so good over the next 3, and not so good down the road. Likely standing pat with the WRs.

.5PPR RBs/PPR WRs

ETA - no reason to be snarky. Some posters get so offended when someone mentions SOMETHING about their team to put discuss of a player in context. Jeez.

'Air Stich said:
'SameSongNDance said:
Tough call. It's basically Spiller for DMC depending on WR depth in your league. I have both in my main league, and I value them pretty close right now. If I was FORCED to take one . . . I'd rather have Spiller rest of way.
Yeah I don't need LaFell. This is a tough call indeed.

'Air Stich said:
'SameSongNDance said:
As long as we're turning this into a WDIT, facing that same conundrum myself, having been offered DMac for Spiller. They are both valued about the same right now, each with their own set of upsides and downsides.Because it's a PPR, I think DMac has the edge, but is it enough to pull the trigger? Argh.

'Air Stich said:
'SameSongNDance said:
As long as we're turning this into a WDIT, facing that same conundrum myself, having been offered DMac for Spiller. They are both valued about the same right now, each with their own set of upsides and downsides.Because it's a PPR, I think DMac has the edge, but is it enough to pull the trigger? Argh.
Judging by the title I think it's acceptable to talk about who were giving/getting. I'm going to make a counter offer and see if I can upgrade somewhere else, if only slightly. Talent aside, when you look at each of of their situations, Spiller wins. Gailey knows how to get Spiller in space, OAK is literally capping DMC's upside right now. If only FJax wasn't making an AP like recovery right now, I'd pull the trigger instantly. If I could be assured that Spiller keeps the gig I'd do it. I'm not so sure he does so I'm going to hold.

I have him in both of my keeper leagues; $125 10 team 2-QB auction league and 12 team snake league. In my snake, I'm holding, as he's a 4th round keeper next year, and my other 2 RBs (no other depth) are Charles and MJD.

In my auction, I dangled him after week 1 but before week 2, and nearly traded him+Schaub for Matt Ryan+Jonathan Stewart. He wasn't sold on dealing Stewart then, but likely would now. I have him at $11 in next year's auction (then he's a free agent in 2014), so I'll probably hold him unless I can get a top 6 QB straight up (so I can retain Schaub for depth). I could really use some depth at RB in that league (have Charles/Martin/Spiller), but I'm very hesitant to deal Calvin or Dez.

'Air Stich said:
'SameSongNDance said:
Judging by the title I think it's acceptable to talk about who were giving/getting. I'm going to make a counter offer and see if I can upgrade somewhere else, if only slightly. Talent aside, when you look at each of of their situations, Spiller wins. Gailey knows how to get Spiller in space, OAK is literally capping DMC's upside right now. If only FJax wasn't making an AP like recovery right now, I'd pull the trigger instantly. If I could be assured that Spiller keeps the gig I'd do it. I'm not so sure he does so I'm going to hold.
That's where I a m settling in on this -- trading away Spiller to get DMac. Agree that right now Spiller is in a better situation in terms of having proved he could be a monster, while McFadden and the Raiders have struggled.Even if FJAX returns, Spiller could do as well on splitting carries, but McFadden being the lead and lone back -- and also benefiting from a healthy amount of receptions in a PPR -- gives him the edge over the entire season.Appreciate your thoughts, and any one else's! It's been a hard trade to evaluate.

Users who are viewing this thread