What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 7 BUY LOW & SELL HIGH thread (REDRAFT) (2 Viewers)

Agreed 

You never know 
I own Gurley and TY on the same team... and I see the value in that trade. But it doesn’t seem as lopsided as you both think.

TY just missed a game and is questionable to play tomorrow. Not exactly the epitome of health when that’s what people are analyzing gurley’s value on.

Ronald Jones is pretty mediocre in my eyes from what I’ve seen.

selling Matt Ryan that o-line is about to get him killed, they look worse each week. might be a 3 win team if this keeps going. He's producing decent stats, but you have to wonder if he'll be beaten to a pulp by week 17.

selling D. Freeman. T. Coleman ( it's Breida's backfield)

buying James White, Ronald Jones,  D. Montgomery, MVS ( Adams is going to be down for a while with turf toe, these things last a long time)

On to Week 6 - While Hopkins isn't killing anyone at his first round value, some owners might not be happy.  I'd throw an offer or two out of Hopkins this week.

Also Evan Engram, Giants schedule starting to get tough with NE on a short week. Daniel Jones coming down to earth a bit, Shepard getting looks and Tate stealing a few here and there. Plus Barkley coming back soon could be argued either way as helping/hurting.

selling Matt Ryan that o-line is about to get him killed, they look worse each week. might be a 3 win team if this keeps going. He's producing decent stats, but you have to wonder if he'll be beaten to a pulp by week 17.
I don't know what you'd get in return, and it is true that ATL (and especially the O line) is concerning and not the team they have been over the past few years.

But I am not sure you would want to shed Ryan -- guy has been >300 yards every game, averaging just over 31 completions and over 44 attempts per game, and while his TD:INT ration is pretty poor, he's a top 10 QB (#6 in points in my league scoring).

I don't see any reason why he wouldn't continue to keep that performance going. 

I'd be buying Jets with Darnold on the way back. I think that is a team that could look like an entirely different squad starting this week. Bell, Anderson, and Herndon I think could all be every week starts. Bell as a top-5 RB. 

I think people need to stop assuming Darnold will come back soon.
Why? He practiced all week last week, he just didn't get cleared for contact. He's still very much on his timeline. Week 5 was initially considered a week early, before he started practicing and getting people's hopes up.

Why? He practiced all week last week, he just didn't get cleared for contact. He's still very much on his timeline. Week 5 was initially considered a week early, before he started practicing and getting people's hopes up.
You answered your own question. Hasn't been cleared for contact. That is the HUGEST hurdle he needs to clear. If his spleen is enlarged it can rupture on contact. Doctors say this could take at least 8 weeks and conservatively he should probably sit the whole season.

What two players producing 10-15 Points per game would you hope to get for Gurley?  Assuming one would have to be a RB to replace that depth?
Just another data point - I offered James White and Waller for Gurley in a 14 team league and the other owner insta-declined.  I think as long as Gurley is still getting TDs then his owners are still attaching last year's price tag to him

Just another data point - I offered James White and Waller for Gurley in a 14 team league and the other owner insta-declined.  I think as long as Gurley is still getting TDs then his owners are still attaching last year's price tag to him
Gurley is way more valuable than those two. Most will decline 2-1 trades. 

What do you guys think about trading Aaron Jones, Lockett, Engram and Fuller for Nuk Hopkins, Kelce, Gallman (I have Barkley) and Hollywood. FULL PPR LEAGUE??

Gottabesweet said:
On to Week 6 - While Hopkins isn't killing anyone at his first round value, some owners might not be happy.  I'd throw an offer or two out of Hopkins this week.

Also Evan Engram, Giants schedule starting to get tough with NE on a short week. Daniel Jones coming down to earth a bit, Shepard getting looks and Tate stealing a few here and there. Plus Barkley coming back soon could be argued either way as helping/hurting.
What do you think Hopkins is worth right now?  I was thinking of selling high on Thielan to get Hopkins.

I mentioned this in his thread, but Jaylen Samuels might be at his highest trade value to date - with a recent great game on national TV and some concern over Conner's injury status.

I think I am going to test the Connor owner in my dynasty league.

Anyone seen Samuels traded recently? 
IMO Conner owners should be thinking of selling with the emergence of Samuels. So maybe Conner owner are thinking trade, or they should be. Samuels taking over seems like a possibility.
I gotta admit, SID, I never followed through with my trading Samuels plans. I was really hoping that this week would continue his success.

Unfortunately, he got negative numbers (-1.1) in my league this week. 

Maybe next week will swing our way.

travdogg said:
I'd be buying Jets with Darnold on the way back. I think that is a team that could look like an entirely different squad starting this week. Bell, Anderson, and Herndon I think could all be every week starts. Bell as a top-5 RB. 
Wow, I mean at least you'd really be buying low. Right now I would want no part of that offense. Darnold was already a dink and dunk machine before going out since he was afraid to get hit and had no confidence throwing the ball more than 10-15 yards in the air. I can't imagine how he'll look after coming back, especially after his recent comments about not wanting to die out on the field, I'd imagine he'll be trying to avoid getting hit as much as possible.

I expect a lot of short passes to Bell, Crowder and Herndon, which should make them all reactively safe PPR players but I'm not expecting as lot of TD's or big yardage upside outside of Bell when he faces weaker running defenses. 

So I sold Michel high in one league after the MIA game and about to sell him high after this week (for Lockett).
Wow, nice. That guy is feast or famine PPR nightmare when Burkhead and White are both healthy, either you get a decent RB2 performance out of him if he gets a TD, or he's a total bust and puts up 30-40 total yards with maybe 1 reception.

Even Bolden is getting some slight usage. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I gotta admit, SID, I never followed through with my trading Samuels plans. I was really hoping that this week would continue his success.

Unfortunately, he got negative numbers (-1.1) in my league this week. 

Maybe next week will swing our way.
Lol, we’ll I took a running shot at Conner by offering Michel and I was treated rather roughly. I don’t feel too, too badly about that now, and I’m guessing Hodges might resurrect the need for Samuels’ special skill set. We’ll see.

Hunter Henry looks to be only a week or two away. Their schedule isn't great but it's not terrible by any means. He's not likely a league winner, but at the dumpster fire that is TE he's a nice stash. Could even be on the wire. 

Curious your guys thoughts on this one.  I'm in a 12 team PPR SHORT benches - start Q-R-W-T-F-F-K-D shallow lineups.

Current Roster -  Lamar, Cook, Hopkins, Chubb, Mixon, Engram, K, D (Gallup, Kerryon, Hilton, Kyler on bench)

I ACCEPTED this offer.   I gave - Engram, Hilton, Kerryon, Kyler

I got back  Kelce, A-rob and with two free roster spots I plan on buying low on Kirk (injury) and possibly Mike Williams.

Curious your guys thoughts on this one.  I'm in a 12 team PPR SHORT benches - start Q-R-W-T-F-F-K-D shallow lineups.

Current Roster -  Lamar, Cook, Hopkins, Chubb, Mixon, Engram, K, D (Gallup, Kerryon, Hilton, Kyler on bench)

I give - Engram, Hilton, Kerryon, Kyler

I get Kelce, A-rob, Kirk, and then I can pick up someone like Mike Williams or Cousins in waivers.
What does this have to buy low-sell high?

I guess it was worded poorly.  EDIT to add SENT/REC.
OK but posting your current rosters, who you will pick up after the deal and a 7 player trade it really wasn't clear who the buy low/sell high was in the deal or what the other information in the post had to do about buy low/sell high. Just looked like you were fishing for information on your deal :shrug:

And Id wait until AFTER Kyler plays Atlanta to sell high on him.
 He was fresh off watching that Baker performance and was the only one in the league that wanted Kyler.  With short benches and surprisingly 22 QB's are rostered he was willing to trade Kelce today.

With a shallow roster I plan on dropping Daniel Jones and Shepard who were involved for free agents.  I'm looking to buy any 2 of the following I can get.

W. Fuller, Kirk, Mike Williams, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Ronald Jones - probably in that order.

Lamar and Prescott owners, with the Week 8 bye week coming - might be a good time to put your claim if available for Cousins.  He gets his old team Washington at home on TNF.

You answered your own question. Hasn't been cleared for contact. That is the HUGEST hurdle he needs to clear. If his spleen is enlarged it can rupture on contact. Doctors say this could take at least 8 weeks and conservatively he should probably sit the whole season.
Did you just say "hugest"?...

Offered up McLaurin for Devin Singletary.   I want no part of that Skins team, and with the matchup against Miami I hope he's at a season high right now.   Singletary banged up and on a bye, but his upcoming schedule is awfully favorable.  

Offered up McLaurin for Devin Singletary.   I want no part of that Skins team, and with the matchup against Miami I hope he's at a season high right now.   Singletary banged up and on a bye, but his upcoming schedule is awfully favorable.  
  :goodposting:

I'm gonna try this.

Even though Hopkins had a solid PPR day, my sense is that owners are still frustrated.  I might make a Hopkins run this week and see if I can get him .80 on the $. 

Disagree- I think Freeman ROS is a bad gambit. The timeshare between him and Ito is real, and neither is getting the touches in the right scenarios to merit buying at this time. Maybe I'll eat my words, but I don't see Freeman putting up a full season of starting RB numbers. 

He's really struggled in the first two weeks, but I'd say that Devonta Freeman may be a "Buy Low" at this point.   

The Falcons' offensive line hasn't done Devonta any favors, but Freeman has been involved in the passing game which helps.  This should be a get-right game against a Colts defense that ranks 30th in points allowed to opposing RBs.   And Indy won't have All-Pro LB Darius Leonard in Week 3 either.   
Since I wrote the original post, Devonta Freeman has scored 12, 18, 18 and 26 points/contest in ppr scoring.  

The window's probably closed on buying low at this point.   

Should I trade Chubb for Damien Williams and Melvin Gordon?
No.  Gordon is going to split time with Ekeler, and D Williams will split time with Shady and Darrel Williams.

Chubb is a stud and I wouldn't worry about Hunt.  Hunt will get a few carries to spell Chubb......that's it.

If only that Energizer Bunny that keeps on ticking (aka Frank Gore) would just go away.

That said, I would love to sell McLaurin for Singletary.  With BUF's favorable schedule, Singletary could possibly win some titles for owners.

Gore is the fly in the ointment.  I so want to start Singletary this week over Henry but without much data on the split w/Gore, it's a risk.

Really like John Brown as a buy low. His targets have been at a WR1 level, and they don't really have any threats to that target share. Josh Allen is as inconsistent as it gets, but Brown hits enough big plays that he could be a high-end WR2 going forward. 

Buying DK Metcalf.  He was already tied with Dissly for red zone targets, and with Dissly out he's going to see more.   All of his catches this week were for first downs.   Russell is building trust with him and he's seeing more snaps.  

Users who are viewing this thread