What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

week 3 wr sleepers who ya got (1 Viewer)

elitzer

Footballguy
I have to edit this thread for all the crybabies out there.im sure im not the only one who lost a few players on there teams due to injuries.

if you have insight about sleeper wrs then post otherwise just move on people

Last edited by a moderator:
Avant. Maclin is out, Johnson steps in but I don't see much production out of him. I think the Cards shut down the deep passes so Eagles rely on screen game with McCoy and the TE's. I think Avant gets left open for 4-6 targets over the middle of the field. Also think they try to shut down Celek and Harbor becomes a sneaky play as well.

Jon Baldwin - premiere match-up in the dome, saw his snap counts increase by 20% last week

James Jones - if Jennings doesn't go and Cobb is limited, I think he'll redeem himself on MNF

Greg Little - MoMass could be put here as well, great match-up

Andrew Hawkins - he needs his snap count to increase, but WAS's pass rush is hurting right now, their secondary will be exposed

Jon Baldwin - premiere match-up in the dome, saw his snap counts increase by 20% last week

James Jones - if Jennings doesn't go and Cobb is limited, I think he'll redeem himself on MNF

Andrew Hawkins - he needs his snap count to increase, but WAS's pass rush is hurting right now, their secondary will be exposed
:goodposting: This

See what Amendola and Lance Moore did against Wash ??

Donnie Avery has 18 targets and 12 receptions to go along with a touchdown. Hartline has 20 targets and 12 receptions as well. Michael Crabtree tends to fall under the radar on many leagues, he has 13 receptions on 16 targets. Andrew Hawkins was my sleeper last week after a 12 target 1st week he followed up with a nice td run, but he's probably been snatched up in most leagues.

Avant. Maclin is out, Johnson steps in but I don't see much production out of him. I think the Cards shut down the deep passes so Eagles rely on screen game with McCoy and the TE's. I think Avant gets left open for 4-6 targets over the middle of the field. Also think they try to shut down Celek and Harbor becomes a sneaky play as well.
:goodposting: i prefer johnson over avant, but i like both.

agree on james jones, looks like a pretty damn good chance Jennings sits it out again and even if for some reason he does play you still have the chance he gets 3 catches and at TD.

I second the bold. Hawkins has had good numbers the last two weeks but his targets fell a lot last week.

I'd roll with Hawkins over James Jones. He should get at least 5 receptions, 60-70 yds and a possible td vs WAS.
Same, but Jones is available in more leagues than Hawkins at this point. Hawkins isn't on a single one of my WWs anymore, everyone dropped Jones after that abysmal performance last week.

how bout Massaquoi in Cleveland. He was a 2nd round pick who was supposed to be good, but has struggled in a poor system with a terrible QB, and last year he had some injuries that hindered him. he did get 600 yards receiving as a rookie, and when I watch him play it looks like the talent is there.

Weeden looked weak in his first start as a pro against philly but in game 2 against cinci, he showed signs that he may be able to play(322 yards and 2 TD). So if you're gonna take a flyer on someone this may not be a bad call.

Ideally you'd like to have him as a backup, but if you have injuries and no other options he's not bad.

the Matchup appears to be ok. Hes up against Buffalo.

While I expected bigger things from the buffalo defense with the new players they brought in, it would appear the defense needs some time to come together and learn to play as a unit. They have given up 65 points in 2 games

They were torched by Sanchez in game 1 for 266 yards passing and 3 TD and then Cassel got 300 yards passing in week 2.

neither of these teams is considered to be an offensive powerhouse, so there may be something there for you.

Ignore the OPs post like I did and treat this like a "Week 3 WR Sleepers" thread. I don't see the problem. #####ing about the thread inside the thread certainly isn't any more productive.

Brian hartline.... 20 targets in 2 weeks and seems to have the wr1 rapport with tannehill... if he scored last week, he wouldn't have been on the waiver wire... get him now while you can

Some good suggestions thus far.

I'll add Leonard Hankerson

Jerome Simpson is suspended through Week #3, but he could be a guy to target for Week #4 and thereafter.

Brian hartline.... 20 targets in 2 weeks and seems to have the wr1 rapport with tannehill... if he scored last week, he wouldn't have been on the waiver wire... get him now while you can
I agree. If the Dolphins continue to get behind quickly, I expect Hartline to continue his excellent ppr performance. Opponents are giving the underneath stuff to let the Dolphins run out the game clock. Check to see if Revis is playing this week before automatically plugging Hartline into your lineup. Top 15 in NFL targets to date is the very definition of a sleeper ppr WR. Just don't expect much in the way of TDs due to the defensive schemes that have been giving him all these looks.

Some of you guys are really nice. I was just going to say "I got the Assistant Coach Forum".

:coffee:
How about, I GOT THE ASSISTANT COACH FORUM
:thumbup:
This is the way it is in the SP - more and more polluted every day. It's just how it has devolved into any other ff site.
yup :(
I usually just lurk here and rarely post, but I'm just tired of these self appointed policemen. The way I see it, this reply is what's wrong with the SP these days. This type of reply is the pollution. What I've always loved about this forum is the way we treat each other. But lately it's like "lock this" or "go to the ac" or even worse posting this quote as a reply "Threads that are asking for advice on how you should draft or manage your team belong in The Assistant Coach forum."

The OP and the readers of this post like me probably have someone injured and may need a swing for the fences sleeper. So that's why we jump on here and see what others are thinking. There are some excellent suggestions in this thread. But we have to weed through all of the other crap about the OP and why the SP sucks. So, can we please just stop with the board policing and berating each other and get back playing this game we all love? Sorry for the mini-rant guys. As you were.

'SameSongNDance said:
Ignore the OPs post like I did and treat this like a "Week 3 WR Sleepers" thread. I don't see the problem. #####ing about the thread inside the thread certainly isn't any more productive.
your ok.you understand where im coming from.should have put week number 3 sleepers.there sure are alot of crybabies in here who instead of giving insight just bash threads.

Donnie Avery - Talented, has a good QB that trusts him and a nice matchup

Laurent Robinson - Also like the matchup here, decent flex(or wr3) play

Mario Manningham - I think Alex Smith has a big game and Manningham could benefit

Greg Little - Still a believer in his talent, nice bounceback last week and decent matchup.

Mario Manningham - I think Alex Smith has a big game and Manningham could benefit

Greg Little - Still a believer in his talent, nice bounceback last week and decent matchup.
JAX has been really stingy against the pass so far this year. I like your calls though, ballsy.

JAX has been really stingy against the pass so far this year. I like your calls though, ballsy.
Thanks. Fair enough, I'm just not sold on their secondary at all. Ponder threw for 270 yards on them during week 1(worth noting that the game did go to OT though), but last week the Texans got up early and had a powerful run game and played a conservative game with a lot of low risk passes.

-Lance Moore with Colston hobbled and playing KC

-Andrew Hawkins against a poor pass defense

Im gonna need them to step up, so many injuries this week.

How about Devery Henderson in a deep league? He's back this week and should help in the vertical passing game in what should be a high scoring game.

'thetman said:
Who cares if it's the wrong forum? Leave if you don't want to participate.
Many people care, hence why they have the big bolded statement above.But with the name change of the thread, it is no longer isolated to one person many can take part in this thread.

'packersfan said:
For what it's worth I read two separate reports this week from people who watched game film of the Chiefs-Bills game (one from ESPN and the other from RotoWorld) and both people said they were impressed with how Charles looked physically. Like I said, take that for what it's worth but it's the same thing I've seen watching him too. As I posted in the other Charles thread the only concern I have with him right now is usage. Physically, he looked great in the preseason and I haven't seen anything in the first two games that has me concerned about the health of his knee.
Wrong thread maybe? Charles was not a topic here I believe.

'packersfan said:
For what it's worth I read two separate reports this week from people who watched game film of the Chiefs-Bills game (one from ESPN and the other from RotoWorld) and both people said they were impressed with how Charles looked physically. Like I said, take that for what it's worth but it's the same thing I've seen watching him too. As I posted in the other Charles thread the only concern I have with him right now is usage. Physically, he looked great in the preseason and I haven't seen anything in the first two games that has me concerned about the health of his knee.
Wrong thread maybe? Charles was not a topic here I believe.
I was just looking at the Charles thread and wondering where my post went. :bag:

Don't know about being a sleeper or not but Dwayne Bowe will have over 100 yds. and 2 TD's against the Saints.

Like Denarious Moore to get some numbers too.

Users who are viewing this thread