What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 17 who should I start thread **OFFICIAL** (2 Viewers)

Dacomish said:
Starting C.Patterson in a Flex, his recent usage and lack of points is concerning but he got me here so for now I have him in there. Talk me down off the ledge of taking him out - my other options are:

I have Barkley, Conner and Burkhead as other options.  

I'm starting Rojo, Gibson, AJ Brown, Diggs, Andrews so just need that last spot. 

Of course it may all be for naught if I have to start T.Lawrence again at QB if L-Jax or Huntley don't play. 
SO given Gibson now has COVID and may not clear in time, I'm rolling with Cordarrelle Patterson for sure in my flex, but also need another RB:

.5ppr for RB

Barkley vs Chi

Jaret Patterson vs Philly

Conner vs Dallas (Later game and not a great matchup to begin with, still hasn't practiced this week) 

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Adso said:
PPR, 1QB. Assuming Lamar Jackson is out, how would you rank these 3 QB's?

• Kyler Murray @ Dallas: seems like the no brainer option, but the last three weeks he is 2:3 TD:Int with no rushing touchdowns. His legs have kept his scoring from completely tanking, but I'm legit scared of his outlook in this away game (dome) against a lights out Dallas Defense without his DHop safety net. This offense is based on short quick throws and runs to set up deep shots... and they have no one in that deep role right now; his ADOT has tanked.
  • Russell Wilson vs Detroit: Has been putrid since his return from injury, but this is as good a matchup as he could ask for and he's got all his targets available. Potential concern that Penny could steal the show, this team's morale is shot, and right now the weather is predicted to be rainy in the low 40s.
  • Tyler Huntley vs. LAR: Assuming LJ is out Huntley will be playing at home (66F, light showers in the AM) in a must-win game if the Ravens want to go to the post-season. He obv lit up the Packers a couple weeks ago and has running upside. He's delivered in a big game and he'll be forced to make plays in both the run and pass game if the Ravens stand any chance given how beat up their defense is.
Additional small considerations... I also have the Dallas D so playing Murray would imply that if either goes off the other suffers. My opponent has Metcalf, so playing Wilson would negate some of those points. Also likely starting Everett fwiw.
Not looking good for L-Jax playing this week and I think Huntley goes off, and will be playing from behind alot. Plus it means you can root for the Dallas Defense as well....

SO given Gibson now has COVID and may not clear in time, I'm rolling with Patterson for sure in my flex, but also need another RB:

.5ppr for RB

Barkley vs Chi

J.Patterson vs Philly

Conner vs Dallas (Later game and not a great matchup to begin with, still hasn't practiced this week) 

Thoughts?
I think you still roll Saquon out there as your best option and it's not particularly close... he's still getting volume and with the QB situation he'll be the centerpiece. The Bear's run D is bottom 6.

Connor is hurt and sharing the backfield with an arguably better RB... JP is a total long shot lottery ticket.

I think you still roll Saquon out there as your best option and it's not particularly close... he's still getting volume and with the QB situation he'll be the centerpiece. The Bear's run D is bottom 6.

Connor is hurt and sharing the backfield with an arguably better RB... JP is a total long shot lottery ticket.
Thats what I was thinking, thanks!

Adso said:
PPR, 1QB. Assuming Lamar Jackson is out, how would you rank these 3 QB's?

• Kyler Murray @ Dallas: seems like the no brainer option, but the last three weeks he is 2:3 TD:Int with no rushing touchdowns. His legs have kept his scoring from completely tanking, but I'm legit scared of his outlook in this away game (dome) against a lights out Dallas Defense without his DHop safety net. This offense is based on short quick throws and runs to set up deep shots... and they have no one in that deep role right now; his ADOT has tanked.
  • Russell Wilson vs Detroit: Has been putrid since his return from injury, but this is as good a matchup as he could ask for and he's got all his targets available. Potential concern that Penny could steal the show, this team's morale is shot, and right now the weather is predicted to be rainy in the low 40s.
  • Tyler Huntley vs. LAR: Assuming LJ is out Huntley will be playing at home (66F, light showers in the AM) in a must-win game if the Ravens want to go to the post-season. He obv lit up the Packers a couple weeks ago and has running upside. He's delivered in a big game and he'll be forced to make plays in both the run and pass game if the Ravens stand any chance given how beat up their defense is.
Additional small considerations... I also have the Dallas D so playing Murray would imply that if either goes off the other suffers. My opponent has Metcalf, so playing Wilson would negate some of those points. Also likely starting Everett fwiw.
Russell WIlson might have extra motivation because it might be his last game in Seattle. I would not normally be in favor of benching Murray but might do it in this case. It is close because Murray could obviously go off. I would not consider Huntley because I think the Rams are a much tougher matchup for him. I would not let who your D is effect your decision because you want the player that will score the most points. 

Flex, ppr:

I've been running with 2 TEs most the year, MANdrews and Pitts.  But this week Pitts is at BUF

Would you leave him in or look to Landry or Shenault instead?

My standard Yahoo. I cant decide my flex between Gronk, Darrel Williams or Amon Brown. Gronk seems like a shoe in but hes looked terrible the last couple of weeks. I like Brown but I cant trust Lions. Williams seems like a solid option but sound like Edwards Helaire might play. Any advice? 

My standard Yahoo. I cant decide my flex between Gronk, Darrel Williams or Amon Brown. Gronk seems like a shoe in but hes looked terrible the last couple of weeks. I like Brown but I cant trust Lions. Williams seems like a solid option but sound like Edwards Helaire might play. Any advice? 
Williams if CEH is out which seems likely. 

.5 ppr need 1 flex

D Foreman vs Mia

B Scott at Was

D Mooney vs NYG

E Mitchell vs Hou

I have Foreman in for now but would be open to Mitchell if he plays or possibly another. 

Bears or Eagles D?

Gibson now out but the Giants have barely scored 10 damn points lately and weather looks rough in Chicago,

PPR: Bateman (if Brown out) vs. Davis (if Sanders out) vs. Berrios (if Moore and Crowder out)?
Bateman caught all 4 of his passes on the first drive last w/e - didn’t he have a goose egg Week 15?

Berrios a decent play, Crowder doubtful & Elijah still on IR

Gabriel Davis - when his route participation has eclipsed 35% this season:

WR28 (37%), WR26 (37%), WR27 (80%), WR4 (90%)

doesn’t seem like they will need to do a ton of throwing to best Atlanta 
it “should be” an easy game for the Bills, but they’re not exactly ground n pound. 10/15 G the RBs had <20 carries & they haven’t topped 100 combined yards since Week 3.

Pick one

TB def vs NYJ seemed like a lock but it seems TB is missing half their starters this week

CHI def vs NYG- giants are so bad

NO def vs CAR- great matchup but saints only do well vs Tom Brady?

Championship on the line (obviously) in my PPR super flex league….

Cousins held down my super flex spot all year and Teddy 2 gloves was my 3rd QB rostered. With Cousins now down and Teddy in concussion protocol call I had to turn to the wavier wire.  Predictably, with this league, the cupboards are bare.  Dalton was basically the only real option.  So….

Dalton vs the Giants or  D. Williams vs the Bengals  (if CEH doesn’t play) or D Singletary vs ATL

*it’s also a 3 WR league so the WW options there are thin too and with my backups the RB’s listed are better options.   

TIA

PPR dynasty comedy spot, pick an RB and a superflex

• Mills @ 49ers
  • Freeman vs Rams
  • Burkhead @ 49ers
  • Hines vs Raiders
Not pretty, I know, but just lost Cousins, Henderson and Robinson along with Bridgewater being out of late and Fitzpatrick gone for the whole season. Some emergency waiver plays include Bolden vs Jags, Hilliard vs Dolphins or Johnson @ Titans? 

edit - sounds like a similar spot to the above lol. I could pick up Mannion as well?

I've got to start 3 WRs, AJ Brown is locked in one spot (holding my breath). Need 2 out of this motley crew. I have major reservations about them all, but Theilen and Elijah Moore left me no choice. Half-point PPR.

Mooney- love the player, hate the QBs. Hes the number 1 WR and should get targets, but seems like he's always 5-58-0. Weather and wind could factor in. Think I'm forced to roll with him as long as the wind or weather isn't prohibitive.

G. Davis- I think he's Buffalo's 2nd best WR (and who I'd like to use), but it could possibly be a messy rotation with Sanders, Beasley, and McKenzie as well. If Sanders is out that helps, but weather and game script? Lots of variables 

Osborn- was one choice until the Cousins news.With frigid temps and Mannion, not sure I want to go this route

R. Anderson- I can't believe its come to this, but he's had 12, 8, and 10 targets last 3 weeks. Hate his inconsistency and QBs, but weather isn't an issue in the Superdome. I'm likely using him in one spot, unless I like the Buffalo situation better on Sunday morning.

Z. Jones- really don't like this idea either, seems like his ceiling is too low. But weather won't be an issue. Likely only in my lineup if Chicago and Buffalo weather looks completely untenable. 

Appreciate any input. These choices suck. Drawing names out of a hat might be better. Thanks in advance to anyone that takes a shot. 

If Elijah Mitchell plays, would you start him over any of these guys in half PPR? Sony Michel, Ronald Jones or Zeke?

Good luck everyone!

Similar to last week, I gotta sit one of these guys in half PPR: AJ Brown, Antonio Brown, Higgins, Lamb. 

Good luck everyone!

Dynasty title game and I have a big decision at QB:  Mahomes vs Rodgers

Rodgers has the better matchup on paper and is at Lambeau, but I worry about two things:  1) the weather at kickoff, sounds like passing stats in games under 10 degrees generally tend to be depressed; 2) Cousins being out might mean the Packers don’t need to pass quite as much to win.

There’s certainly some shootout potential in KC/CIN plus I’m wondering if Mahomes will look to assert his status as The Man in the AFC similar to a few weeks back vs LAC and Herbert.

Am I overthinking this?

Second half of my 2-week total-points title game in my 10-team league. I am out of FAAB. I have so many injuries/COVID cases at WR that for WR3 I am between KJ Osborn without Cousins and Allen Robinson in what looks to be unfavorable weather for passing. Any thoughts? 

Dynasty title game and I have a big decision at QB:  Mahomes vs Rodgers

Rodgers has the better matchup on paper and is at Lambeau, but I worry about two things:  1) the weather at kickoff, sounds like passing stats in games under 10 degrees generally tend to be depressed; 2) Cousins being out might mean the Packers don’t need to pass quite as much to win.

There’s certainly some shootout potential in KC/CIN plus I’m wondering if Mahomes will look to assert his status as The Man in the AFC similar to a few weeks back vs LAC and Herbert.

Am I overthinking this?
The weather and expected game script have me worried about Rodgers (I have no choice but to play him in two leagues.) I'd go with Mahomes. 

Second half of my 2-week total-points title game in my 10-team league. I am out of FAAB. I have so many injuries/COVID cases at WR that for WR3 I am between KJ Osborn without Cousins and Allen Robinson in what looks to be unfavorable weather for passing. Any thoughts? 
Sheesh.  Bears theoretically have a better matchup but I just can’t trust Allen Robinson at all anymore this season.  Hasn’t scored higher than 10 PPR points in a game all year has only hit 7 targets once since Week 1.  

Osborn otoh has exceeded 10 PPR points and rec’d 7 or more targets 3 of the last 4 weeks.  He has to be the choice here and you’re hoping for some garbage time stats in catch-up mode.

Bears or Eagles D?

Gibson now out but the Giants have barely scored 10 damn points lately and weather looks rough in Chicago,
I would go with Bears.  I just read that Giants only have one available WR at this point (Golladay). Couple that with a crappy QB and Bears at home.... 

Dynasty title game and I have a big decision at QB:  

Mahomes

vs

Rodgers

Rodgers

has the better matchup on paper and is at Lambeau, but I worry about two things:  1) the weather at kickoff, sounds like passing stats in games under 10 degrees generally tend to be depressed; 2)

Cousins

being out might mean the Packers don’t need to pass quite as much to win.

There’s certainly some shootout potential in KC/CIN plus I’m wondering if

Mahomes

will look to assert his status as The Man in the AFC similar to a few weeks back vs LAC and

Herbert

Am I overthinking this?

Yes, I think you are.  Mahomes is the play here and I'm a Packers fan.  Looks like it's going to be about 7 degrees at kick off too and even if Cousins was in I would still go with Mahomes.  The shootout potential for KC/CIN is pretty good.

If 

Elijah Mitchell

plays, would you start him over any of these guys in half PPR?

Sony Michel

Ronald Jones

or Zeke?

Good luck everyone!
No way.

This is how I would rank them:

• Jones

Against the Jets with TB missing all of it's WR's

[*]Zeke

• The presence of Tony Pollard limits him

[*]Michel

• Playing against a GREAT Baltimore Run DEF and he's not involved in the passing game almost at all, which is where BAL sucks.

[*]Mitchel

• Coming off injury after not playing for the last 4 weeks is too much of a risk in Championship week for me.
  • The presence of Trey Lance depresses ALL SF RBs, IMO.  There is a reason guys like Lance run all the time - it's because they can't pass to save their life.  So they run to cover up the deficiency and what that means is Lance is going to call his # most of the time to take off running and vulture TDs.

Justin Jefferson

(

Cousins

now out) or Tee Higgans ( I also am starting

Mixon

) ? thanks in advance

Tough call.  Jefferson is the #1 WR on MIN but they'll be playing in sub-zero temps with their 3rd string QB.

Higgens has been on fire lately but still has to share with Chase and Boyd, but it's a potential shootout.

I'd go with Higgens, even though I feel that Higgens has to come back down to earth at some point.

Similar to last week, I gotta sit one of these guys in half PPR: AJ

Antonio Brown

Higgins

Lamb

Good luck everyone!

Anontio Brown for sure if he plays. So that leaves it between Higgens - whose been on fire lately - and Lamb.

I, personally, don't think you can go wrong with Higgins or Lamb so the tie-breaker for me is Lamb.  At some point, Higgens has to come back down to earth.  I feel like the KC/CIN game is a Chase game this week.

I've got to start 3 WRs,

AJ Brown

is locked in one spot (holding my breath). Need 2 out of this motley crew. I have major reservations about them all, but Theilen and

Elijah Moore

left me no choice. Half-point PPR.

Mooney

- love the player, hate the QBs. Hes the number 1 WR and should get targets, but seems like he's always 5-58-0. Weather and wind could factor in. Think I'm forced to roll with him as long as the wind or weather isn't prohibitive.

G. Davis

- I think he's Buffalo's 2nd best WR (and who I'd like to use), but it could possibly be a messy rotation with

Sanders

Beasley

, and

McKenzie

as well. If

Sanders

is out that helps, but weather and game script? Lots of variables 

Osborn

- was one choice until the

Cousins

news.With frigid temps and

Mannion

, not sure I want to go this route

R. Anderson

- I can't believe its come to this, but he's had 12, 8, and 10 targets last 3 weeks. Hate his inconsistency and QBs, but weather isn't an issue in the Superdome. I'm likely using him in one spot, unless I like the Buffalo situation better on Sunday morning.

Z. Jones

- really don't like this idea either, seems like his ceiling is too low. But weather won't be an issue. Likely only in my lineup if Chicago and Buffalo weather looks completely untenable. 

Appreciate any input. These choices suck. Drawing names out of a hat might be better. Thanks in advance to anyone that takes a shot. 

Yeesh.  What an ugly bunch of WRs.  I feel your pain, brother.

With that being said, I think you have to go Mooney and Davis if Sanders is out.  If Sanders is in that greatly depresses Davis value and I would go with Anderson.

The other guys aren't even worth consideration, IMO.  Good luck!

Any concern about Antonio Brown this week? If he starts I’m concerned about the ankle injury.  Worried if TB gets out to a big lead against the NYJ he will be done for the day.

My situation is I am a heavy favorite this week.  Thinking of putting in Sony Michel (vs BAL) over Antonio Brown.  Appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks, 

BJB 

Justin Jefferson (Cousins now out) or Tee Higgans ( I also am starting Mixon ) ? thanks in advance
If I needed upside this week I think I would go Higgins.  Jefferson’s upside may be limited without Cousins.

If not Jefferson would be my choice. Higgins can disappear on occasions and Jefferson should be involved regardless of his QB.

Good luck

Weebs210 said:
Choose 3 in standard. Mixon, A. Jones, Swift, Rojo.
I think you have to sit RoJo.  A. Jones is versatile and is pretty much a TD machine and Mixon and Swift get mad volume.

I haven't been able to follow too closely but if Swift plays I think you need to play him over RoJo despite the tasty Jets matchup.

That one guy said:
Dare Ogunbowale or…lol, there’s no ‘or’ for me, it’s him and D Freeman at RB.  Somehow survived DHenry injury to make it to finals, but with DHenderson shown the bench and now IR, CEH most likely out, I get Dare off waivers and we’ll see if the magic can continue for one more game.
Against the Patriots?  I think Freeman is the right call and hope for a TD.

Mookie said:
Start 2 off this list (ppr)

O Beckham

C Patterson

Javonte Williams

J Landry

M Carter
I lean Javonte & Carter.  Patterson has tapered off and has a brutal road matchup. Beckham & Landry get very inconsistent volume and are TD dependent.

Javonte's knee is a concern and if Lock is the QB then the Chargers will be able to put more towards stopping the run game so switching to Patterson is an option but I think Javonte will play and that matchup is really nice for the Denver run game.

Carter should get excellent volume and is a triple threat.

Carter>>Javonte>Patterson

C-Bound said:
Pick 3 PPR por favor...

Javonte

Sony

Swift

Penny

Pollard

Dillon

Gracias!
Penny, Swift & Sony look to get the most volume.  I love Javonte as a player but with the knee and Lock at QB I knock him down a notch over the other three.  Pollard & Dillon are too inconsistent in their opportunities and have vultures in front of them (as does Javonte).

Swift>Sony>Penny>Javonte/Pollard/Dillon

Need 1 to start in my flex, std scoring PPR

1. Aiyuk vs Houston

2. Barkley vs Chicago

3. Kirk vs Dallas

4. M. Gordon vs LAC

TBH, I could have never seen myself questioning whether to start Barkley but as of late (and most of this season) he's been a bust but I subscribe to the theory of always starting your studs (don't get too cute, especially in the championship).  But here I am wondering what I should do, your inputs are appreciated.

-DD
I would at least consider Gordon over Barkley.  He has been playing well all year and the Chargers are a nice matchup.

With that being said Barkley is getting great volume and the matchup isn't terrible.  If you have PPR then he is still probably your best choice.

I don't think Kirk or Aiyuk are real options.

Barkley>Gordon>Kirk>Aiyuk

I need 2 WR and a flex .2 PPR

AB vs NYJ

Hollywood vs LAR

Cooks vs SF

St Brown vs SEA

Kirk vs DAL

Swift vs SEA

Scott vs WAS 

Good luck everyone 
Swift is unquestionably your flex IMO.  When he plays, and it seems pretty clear he is going to play, he gets mad volume and performs with it (NOTE: I really haven't been able to follow nearly as close as I normally do because of family obligations and food+alcohol+New Orleans so I may not be up on the latest news)

For the WRs I think I read that Marquise and Antonio are both questionable, which sucks.  IMO that moves Cooks to the top of your WR list and...I think I may play St. Brown over both Antonio and Marquise.

Swift>Cooks>St. Brown>Marquise/AB>Scott>Kirk

which qb would you start?
Tom Brady, Joe Burrow, or Tray Lance?

I’m the underdog. 
thanks
Burrow all day.  Brady has been great but struggling without Godwin, Evans & Fournette.  If you really think Evans will play and be productive (ditto for AB) then maybe Brady but Burrow is just so much more reliable and his weapons are healthy.  Lance is too much of an unknown IMO. I get the temptation of the running ability but the downside is legit.  Burrow's bad day is still okay.

Burrow>>Brady>Lance

Users who are viewing this thread