What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 17 who should I start thread **OFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Start 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE

0.5ppr

RB

Sony Michel @ BAL

Javonte Williams @ LAC 

Justin Jackson vs DEN

Cordarelle Patterson @ BUF

WR

AJ Brown vs MIA

Michael Pittman vs LV

Amon-Ra St. Brown @ SEA

DJ Moore @ NO

Cordarelle Patterson @ BUF

TE

Darren Waller @ IND

Foster Moreau @ IND

Geral Everett vs DET

Bolded players indicate who I have in the lineup right now (no decision on TE). Would love a second set of eyes. Thx!
Obviously if Ekeler misses another game you should at least consider Jackson over Javonte. The feature back in that offense is in line for tons of work.

Waller if he's active, probably Moreau if Waller is inactive.

Tee Higgins

Since Week 12...

In 4 of the last 5 games he has racked up 550+ yds and 4 TDs

And people want to bench him against the KC Chiefs? A team they are likely to get into a track meet with...

Find the list of WRs that are hotter than Higgins right now in the last 5 weeks? 

Higgins has skills, he's not just parading around in Chase's shadows but there's not enough good DBs for most teams to cover ALL the Cinci WRs. You roll coverage to Higgins then Chase will burn you and showed that early in the season and now teams have adjusted and roll their coverage over top of Chase, that leaves big plays for a very talented WR coming out of college last year and showed why until Burrow had his season cut short. 
The problem with Higgins for s he could see 3 targets like he did two weeks ago. They should have to pass a lot for sure so 7-8 is more likely but not guaranteed.

But he could also see double digit looks so I absolutely understand rolling him out as a WR1

Usually like to answer not ask in this thread but am interested in thoughts on this one...Evans and Mike Williams are out so gotta pick between:

Elijah Moore-no clue if he will be ready to go

Claypool-I just don't trust him or Big Ben

Toney-not sure why but I have a gut feeling he will have a long one this week

Lazard-Minny's pass D is subpar but something about starting him in a championship game just doesn't feel right 

Bateman-his floor scares me

Rondale Moore-no chance
Misread that. 

But I do like Elijah Moore over the others too. Kid is electric.

After that it's very close and I lean Lazard then Claypool, maybe Bateman in a PPR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not so much a WDIS as who do I pick up?

Both Amari Cooper and AJ Brown were dropped and I have top 2 waiver so trying to determine who would be best to prioritize to pick up for this week as a one week play?

Cooper vs Arizona or Brown vs Miami? Standard scoring if that makes a difference, thanks
AJ IMO

.5 ppr

RB

Need 1 from Edmonds, Rojo, C Patterson

Flex

Need 1 from Edmonds, Rojo, C Patterson, Waddle

Obviously you can't pick the same person from both groups.

Misread that. 

But I do like Elijah Moore over the others too. Kid is electric.

After that it's very close and I lean Lazard then Claypool, maybe Bateman in a PPR.

If Moore is 100% it will be an easy decision...as stated above, I'm just concerned he won't be...only Wednesday so still got time.

Championship Game starter:

• Fields v CAR
  • Taysom v LV
  • Tua @ Ten
ETA:

Looking for the best floor; stacked team & heavy favorite. 4 point passing TD.
-Taysom seems like an easy fav out of these 3 but if you are looking at best floor, gotta go with Tua, think he's had 8 TD last 4 games? Something around that area or maybe 10 now in the last 5 after New Orleans. 

Titans not the easiest match up but I'm not hesitating with Waddle this week in my redraft leagues, no reason to hold back now. 

Dare Ogunbowale or…lol, there’s no ‘or’ for me, it’s him and D Freeman at RB.  Somehow survived DHenry injury to make it to finals, but with DHenderson shown the bench and now IR, CEH most likely out, I get Dare off waivers and we’ll see if the magic can continue for one more game.

Start 2 of these in 0.5 PPR.

RB A. Jones vs Vikings -  Splitting with Dillon he is so TD dependent is what bothers me. All of the experts have him rated above the choices below.

RB D. Williams at Bengals - If Gore was totally out of the equation, I think this would be a lock but Gore will get carries/receptions

WR Higgins vs Chiefs - Much tougher matchup than last week but 4 out of last 5 games over 100 yards can't be ignored.

RB A Gibson vs. Eagles

Start 1 of these two TEs:

Freiermuth vs Browns

Everett vs. Lions

Thanks for any input.

Weebs210 said:
Choose 3 in standard. Mixon, A. Jones, Swift, Rojo.
I don't know if I would fee confident in Swift coming back over your other options so I would chose the other 3. If you decide not to bench Swift than I would bench Jones because it is standard scoring and he is the least likely to get into the end zone because of Dillon. That being said he might get there through the air. 

Mookie said:
Start 2 off this list (ppr)

O Beckham

C Patterson

Javonte Williams

J Landry

M Carter
You should write the matchups because I don't know them all but I do know that the LAC can't stop the run so I woud start Javonte. I own Patterson in 1 league and have watched his usage steadily decline so I might consider one of the other players over him but you can run against Buffalo so maybe he will have a little bit of a comeback this week. 

C-Bound said:
Pick 3 PPR por favor...

Javonte

Sony

Swift

Penny

Pollard

Dillon

Gracias!
I just wrote in my last reply that you should write the matchups because I don't have all the games memorized.

Javonte & Sony are must starts. I would probably lean towards Swift but Penny has been pretty good 2 of the last 3 weeks and he looks like he will get more volume. Also, Swift is coming back from injury which always scares me a bit but his coach sounds confident that he is going to do well. 

Start 2 of these in 0.5 PPR.

RB A. Jones vs Vikings -  Splitting with Dillon he is so TD dependent is what bothers me. All of the experts have him rated above the choices below.

RB D. Williams at Bengals - If Gore was totally out of the equation, I think this would be a lock but Gore will get carries/receptions

WR Higgins vs Chiefs - Much tougher matchup than last week but 4 out of last 5 games over 100 yards can't be ignored.

RB A Gibson vs. Eagles

Start 1 of these two TEs:

Freiermuth vs Browns

Everett vs. Lions

Thanks for any input.
I would bench GIbson just because of the foot injury and the uncertainty of whether it will flare up again. I might be forced to play him in the finals this week because I don't have any better options. I think Williams is the safer play and I expect him to get the majority of the carries. Higgins could go off if it is a shootout but the KC defense is pretty good. I am starting Higgins at WR so you must be stacked if you are considering him as a flex.

Everett seems to be a favorite of Wilson the past bunch of weeks and he has an easier matchup. 

I would bench GIbson just because of the foot injury and the uncertainty of whether it will flare up again. I might be forced to play him in the finals this week because I don't have any better options. I think Williams is the safer play and I expect him to get the majority of the carries. Higgins could go off if it is a shootout but the KC defense is pretty good. I am starting Higgins at WR so you must be stacked if you are considering him as a flex.

Everett seems to be a favorite of Wilson the past bunch of weeks and he has an easier matchup. 
Thanks for the feedback.

Need 1 to start in my flex, std scoring PPR

1. Aiyuk vs Houston

2. Barkley vs Chicago

3. Kirk vs Dallas

4. M. Gordon vs LAC

TBH, I could have never seen myself questioning whether to start Barkley but as of late (and most of this season) he's been a bust but I subscribe to the theory of always starting your studs (don't get too cute, especially in the championship).  But here I am wondering what I should do, your inputs are appreciated.

-DD

I need 2 WR and a flex .2 PPR

AB vs NYJ

Hollywood vs LAR

Cooks vs SF

St Brown vs SEA

Kirk vs DAL

Swift vs SEA

Scott vs WAS 

Good luck everyone 

Need 1 to start in my flex, std scoring PPR

1. Aiyuk vs Houston

2. Barkley vs Chicago

3. Kirk vs Dallas

4. M. Gordon vs LAC

TBH, I could have never seen myself questioning whether to start Barkley but as of late (and most of this season) he's been a bust but I subscribe to the theory of always starting your studs (don't get too cute, especially in the championship).  But here I am wondering what I should do, your inputs are appreciated.

-DD
I'd start Ayuik. No way can you start Barkley.

which qb would you start?
Tom Brady, Joe Burrow, or Tray Lance?

I’m the underdog. 
thanks

which qb would you start?
Tom Brady, Joe Burrow, or Tray Lance?

I’m the underdog. 
thanks
Oooh tough. I’d definitely scratch Lance because your other two options are good and too much is just unknown about Oamce going into a final. I know the Chiefs D has been good recently but I think I start Burrow as it could end up a track meet and he has tons of weapons. Buccs could get ahead and just run the ball. 

on reflection I would maybe rank Lance 2nd since your the underdog and the chance for big points is there with his legs. 

I still go Burrow though 

non ppr I have Elliot v ARI and R Jones @NYJ at RB 

Deebo v HOU at WR 

Penny v DET at flex 

AJ Brown  v MIA  or Chase @ Kansas in  the 2nd WR spot ??

and 

would anyone take the non selected WR and start them over R Jones or Penny ?

thank you !!

The Dude said:
.5 ppr

RB

Need 1 from Edmonds, Rojo, C Patterson

Flex

Need 1 from Edmonds, Rojo, C Patterson, Waddle

Obviously you can't pick the same person from both groups.
I think RoJo & Waddle offer the best combo of stability & upside.

Great as Patterson has been he's tapered off since the injury and had a positively brutal matchup this week.

Ministry of Pain said:
-Taysom seems like an easy fav out of these 3 but if you are looking at best floor, gotta go with Tua, think he's had 8 TD last 4 games? Something around that area or maybe 10 now in the last 5 after New Orleans. 

Titans not the easiest match up but I'm not hesitating with Waddle this week in my redraft leagues, no reason to hold back now. 
He has 8 TD in his last 5 games. Two of those with only one pass TD, only one game over 250 yards, two sub 200 yard passing games and four INTs over that span.

Limited upside and plenty of downside IMO.

He has 8 TD in his last 5 games. Two of those with only one pass TD, only one game over 250 yards, two sub 200 yard passing games and four INTs over that span.

Would you play Tua over Taysom? There was another QB on the list I was answering but I wasn't over selling Tua, if you read along int he Miami Dolphins thread you will know how I feel about Tua, not a big fan at the moment. 

The entire Miami Offense has limited upside, right? Duke Johnson eclipses 100 yds rushing and looked the most like an RB1 of any Miami Dolphin RB all season and what do they do vs New Orleans? Run Phillip Lindsey, are you kidding me? 

😉

Would you play Tua over Taysom? There was another QB on the list I was answering but I wasn't over selling Tua, if you read along int he Miami Dolphins thread you will know how I feel about Tua, not a big fan at the moment. 

The entire Miami Offense has limited upside, right? Duke Johnson eclipses 100 yds rushing and looked the most like an RB1 of any Miami Dolphin RB all season and what do they do vs New Orleans? Run Phillip Lindsey, are you kidding me? 

😉
I started Tua last week but rn he’s on my bench. His floor is decent but very limited upside IMO. Outside of Waddle he doesn’t seem to have much trust with any of his receivers. Which is surprising bc I know Gesicki has a pretty high win rate, especially from the slot. But I do like his matchup, it’s the best of the three I am considering.

Taysom has the best upside and likely the best floor. His last start was meh but in his first 6 starts of his career he was Top 5 four times and never worse than Top 8. Ugly to watch but he usually finds a way to rack up garbage time points. Leaning toward him bc it’s the best floor (I’m favored.) Toughest matchup of the three.

Fields has a good but not great matchup. Had a couple good games (SF, @GB) but most of the year it’s been a slog. Lowest floor & least likely to get the nod.

Wild Card - Just dropped Huntley bc LJax is practicing. Lamar also has a pronounced limp so it’s not out of the question Tyler starts. I’ve been impressed with him but tough to trust him v the Rams. 

Chaka said:
The problem with Higgins for s he could see 3 targets like he did two weeks ago. They should have to pass a lot for sure so 7-8 is more likely but not guaranteed.

But he could also see double digit looks so I absolutely understand rolling him out as a WR1
Chaka my friend, name a WR that doesn't have the same problem? There are a handful at the very very top like Kupp, Adams, handful of others at most that get 10+ targets a week, many have multiple weeks with single digit target numbers like Tyreek Hill for example. 

Look at the run over the last month+ and you have guys like Higgins and I'll expand to St. Brown from Detroit which is a scary thought starting him BUT Amon-Ra has a steady diet of targets 12-12-11-11 last 4 weeks and he doesn't rack up a lot of yds after the catch but he is gathering up a lot of catches and has found the end zone. 

8-14-7-3-13 the last 5 weeks=45 targets or roughly 9 per game. The 3 targets 2 weeks ago, unexplainable and he doesn't clear double digit in targets as often as the top tier WRs. But he has a very talented young rookie across from him that draws a lot of attention, both Chase and Higgins and Burrow I might add get better every week. I don't know why Higgins is so overlooked or assumed that he's only making noise because defenses can't key on him, well some of that might be true but Higgins has terrific hands and gets open, also can use his big frame to just go up and get it sometimes, what a luxury for Burrow to have BOTH Chase and Higgins, even Boyd not a horrible WR3 here. 

The Chiefs have wrapped up the division I believe, maybe home field motivates them, but I don't see this big defensive struggle that others are having visions of. 

Similar QB struggle as others. 

Lamar, Huntley, Lance, Fields are my choices. 6 point TDs, standard pass/rush scoring. 

I assume Lamar and Fields will be ruled out by the weekend. But that might just be me hoping to see some options eliminated. 

Lamar sure looked bad in those video clips, but there are plenty of examples of pro athletes looking hobbled during the week and then like all stars come game day. That’s why they are pros. 

think I've made my decision but curious as to others here.... so....

.5 ppr, 6 pts. td

Pick 1:

Edmonds

Connor

Swift

Bench one (PPR league)

Diggs

Antonio Brown

Waddle

Higgins
I have Kupp-Waddle-Higgins in one of my leagues, Osborn on the bench but I'm playing a shell game like you are.

I cannot think of a reason Diggs should have anything less than a good outing on Sunday, he hasn't been lights out in '21 in the way some folks probably were wishing but they are in a tug of war with new England to win the Division which at least gets them a home game in January before they would go on the road. 

Antonio Brown seems like he should have a great game with Godwin-Out and Evans likely out, they say Covid but I don't think his hammy is very good either. I do like Perriman to get involved on Sunday, think he might have suited up for the Jets a few times so maybe he would like to be a part of the Brady Air Raid on Sunday. 

Waddle is all the Dolphins really have right now, don't think Vrabel will allow him to walk into Tennessee and wreck havoc but that's my feelings and I HAVE TO play him this weekend but it's not exactly with a smile on my face. 

I've been open about my love for Higgins, I'm not going to just keep re-posting the same thing. 

BUT I FOUND ONE MORE COMPELLING REASON TO KEEP HIGGINS ROLLING....4 of those 5 BIG Games has has produced have something in common...HOME FIELD and where is the KC-CIN game taking place? This will be the 5th Homes game for Cinci which since Week 8 has only left the State of Ohio twice and both of those game @LV and @Den were not good for Tee Higgins. If you believe in patterns then you might want to key in on this. 

I would sit Waddle if I had these choices but I will say since the Bucs are going to destroy the Jets, I don't think Antonio Brown will be needed for long AND since the Bucs are down WRs, they might start limiting Brown's snaps in the 2nd Half. I like players on teams this time of year that MUST SCORE for their team to have a chance to win. 

You are going to be thinking about this decision today, tomorrow and probably Saturday as well, I'd keep an open mind. 

q1: start 3, 0.5ppr

Tee v. KC

Diontae v. Browns

J Jeff at GB

AJB v. Dolphins

Ordinarily J Jeff would be a lineup lock, but there are three things working against him. No Kirk, Single digit weather and Jaire Alexander's return. severe cold weather nugget: https://twitter.com/PaulCharchian/status/1476315439672315909

q2: start 1, 0.5ppr

Elijah mitchell

J Wilson Jr (if no Elijah)

Mike Carter

Boston Scott

Jordan Howard

my current Assumptions: Lance is starting QB, perhaps howard is playing after all since he is practicing today so that probably muddle the eagles backfield up too much to use them

Ordinarily J Jeff would be a lineup lock, but there are two things working against him. Single digit weather and Jaire Alexander's return. severe cold weather nugget: https://twitter.com/PaulCharchian/status/1476315439672315909

I think people are really missing it when it comes to this week's SNF matchup. For instance, in the comments of the Tweet you link:

Dating back to 2008, in Aaron Rodgers' past 13 games in weather that featured a temperature below 40 degrees Fahrenheit, the Packers are 12-1. ... Rodgers career passing statistics in the cold: 268 completions on 411 attempts, 3,558 yards, 33 touchdowns and only six interceptions

Well that's nice. But Aaron Rodgers has rarely played in a game this cold. He hasoutstanding in cold weather splits - along the lines of below 40 or below 35.

Here are the 15 coldest games in Lambeau history.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/weather/2019/12/13/some-coldest-nfl-games-have-been-green-bay/4412924002/

Here is Rodgers line in the coldest five during his career:

We didn't learn a lot from that, did we? Rodgers didn't play in 3 of the 5.

He lost the two extreme cold weather games he played in, and the Packers - who have this massive psychological advantage because they're used to it - have lost 4 of the 5 coldest games during the Rodgers era.

Maybe the one thing we did learn is a) we don't know much about how Rodgers will play in extreme cold, but you can't really say he has excelled, and b) the Packers are not nearly as unbeatable at Lambeau when it actually is a frozen tundra as we believe... despite John Facenda's awesome narration. 

Sorry for the hijack, back to WSIS Championship Week.

Chaka said:

That is my struggle with Higgins as well.  My luck he sees the 3 targets when I do start him.  I only need to start 1 WR, right now I have Dionte Johnson in that spot in standard scoring.

Pick 1 - Standard Scoring - No PPR

AJones or RoJones

I am playing against Aaron Rodgers (not sure if that makes a difference). I currently have AJones in and am a 10 pt favorite with him in my lineup. 

Zeke.....Rojo....D.Swift    in PPR I was going with Swift and Rojo.... which 2 out of the 3 would you guys roll with 

Playing for 3rd, still a nice payout.  Need to fill in my #2 and #3 starting  WR"s and 1 flex position. . 12 team league, 1 PPR,  pick the top 3 scorers,  at least 2 must be WR's. :

MVS/WR V Minny

Gallup/WR V Ari.

Z. Jones/WR @ Indy

Abdullah/RB at NO

Gore/RB @ Cincy

AJ Green/WR @ Dall

M Jones/WR @ NE

B.Perriman/WR @ NYJ

B. Berrios/WR V TB

Its been a crazy season with injuries and the last games impacted by Covid.  Good luck to all in the playoffs, have a  Happy and safe New Year!!!

Bench one (PPR league)

Diggs

Antonio Brown

Waddle

Higgins
I'd sit Higgins. It's champ week and you need to roll out the collection of guys that gets you the most chances to point. Higgins is the only one of these that isn't averaging double digit targets his last 4 games and isn't the WR1 for his team. Totally agree Higgins could beast in a high point total game, but it's the riskier play b/c he has more competition for targets.

I'd rank them:

1. AB: 12+ targets, perhaps the best route runner in the league, tissue paper Jets defense 

2. Waddle: 10+ targets, wheels, facing 26th worst Def

3. Diggs: high target avg but more up and down totals and points; ATL Def isn't great but AJ Terrell is a legit cover corner and will be on Diggs all day

4. Higgins: case for made above

Mookie said:
Start 2 off this list (ppr)

O Beckham

C Patterson

Javonte Williams

J Landry

M Carter
JW is a must start against LAC. 

Beckham is the right call here with an increasing target/snap share and a TD 4 out of the last 5 weeks.

Sitting CPatt; no faith the Falcons will return to using him correctly. Believe in Carter, but it's a tough matchup and they don't have much to play for; he could go off but if he's in your starting lineup you're a roulette player.

PPR Sit one:

D Montgomery v NYG

A Brown @ NYJ

T Higgins v KC

currently ~ 17 PT favorite in final matchup 

Sit T Higgins.

I know he beasted last week but he has a ton less opportunity than Monty  and both a lower floor and lower ceiling than AJB (and likely 2-4 less targets to boot). 

In the finals after starting 1-5.  .5 ppr / need 2 rbs 2 wrs 1 flex

Chubb, RoJo, Javonte, Jeff Wilson, Eli Mitchell

Tyreek, AJ Brown, St. Brown

Thank you!
Chubb, Rojo, Javonte.... THill, AJB.

Javonte's matchup is too good and the SF backfield is going to be unpredictable if Mitchell is back. If Mitchell is out, maybe a slight preference to Jeff.

PPR, 1QB. Assuming Lamar Jackson is out, how would you rank these 3 QB's?

• Kyler Murray @ Dallas: seems like the no brainer option, but the last three weeks he is 2:3 TD:Int with no rushing touchdowns. His legs have kept his scoring from completely tanking, but I'm legit scared of his outlook in this away game (dome) against a lights out Dallas Defense without his DHop safety net. This offense is based on short quick throws and runs to set up deep shots... and they have no one in that deep role right now; his ADOT has tanked.
  • Russell Wilson vs Detroit: Has been putrid since his return from injury, but this is as good a matchup as he could ask for and he's got all his targets available. Potential concern that Penny could steal the show, this team's morale is shot, and right now the weather is predicted to be rainy in the low 40s.
  • Tyler Huntley vs. LAR: Assuming LJ is out Huntley will be playing at home (66F, light showers in the AM) in a must-win game if the Ravens want to go to the post-season. He obv lit up the Packers a couple weeks ago and has running upside. He's delivered in a big game and he'll be forced to make plays in both the run and pass game if the Ravens stand any chance given how beat up their defense is.
Additional small considerations... I also have the Dallas D so playing Murray would imply that if either goes off the other suffers. My opponent has Metcalf, so playing Wilson would negate some of those points. Also likely starting Everett fwiw.

Users who are viewing this thread