What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 16 weather (1 Viewer)

• RED : NOS @ CLE -
    Snow pregame or early game, and temps in the teens... but those are the least of the concerns. We're talking 25-30mph sustained winds, wind gusts 40-50mph. Deep passes and FG's are going to be very very difficult.

Okay, kickers and QB's downgraded to do not start. WR's and TE's downgrade unless a fluke. RB's hmm... Kamara and Chubb. Any thoughts on the rushing game? Stack box or not all it takes is a break away run here and there.
I think I would still look at TE’s, especially in PPR. The passes will be shorter, safer. Both TE’s are good red zone options also.

• RED : NOS @ CLE -
    Snow pregame or early game, and temps in the teens... but those are the least of the concerns. We're talking 25-30mph sustained winds, wind gusts 40-50mph. Deep passes and FG's are going to be very very difficult.

Okay, kickers and QB's downgraded to do not start. WR's and TE's downgrade unless a fluke. RB's hmm... Kamara and Chubb. Any thoughts on the rushing game? Stack box or not all it takes is a break away run here and there.
I think I would still look at TE’s, especially in PPR. The passes will be shorter, safer. Both TE’s are good red zone options also.
Getting a sense that Taysom Hill has a good game for da Saints mostly as a bruiser. Njoku I would also play. You're right. I'm starting Chubb while Taysom Hill has bounced around a few times on at least 3 teams and is available for free FA. I've been starting Freiermuth and he's okay, but last week a dud. Pickett back.

NOS @ CLE -
Hitting the area right now and it's no joke.
Bet the under.
Here's the current temperature.
CURRENT WEATHER
8:51 AM
SnowShowersDayV2.svg
3‎°F
Snow showers

FEELS LIKE
‎-21°
---------------------
EDIT: Update
---------------------

CURRENT WEATHER
10:25 AM
CloudyV3.svg
-1‎°F
Cloudy

FEELS LIKE
‎-25°

Last edited:
NOS @ CLE -
Bet the under.
CURRENT WEATHER
SnowShowersDayV2.svg
3‎°F
Snow showers

FEELS LIKE
‎-21°
---------------------
---------------------

CURRENT WEATHER
CloudyV3.svg
-1‎°F
Cloudy

FEELS LIKE
‎-25°
I was just outside(east of Cleveland) for about 10-15 minutes. No joke, I thought I was going to get frostbite on my face. Super painful in that short of a time, and it's not like I was holding my face up to the wind.
I'll get blasted for this, but no game should take place in this.
As for fantasy, don't start any players in this crap except defenses.
The Buffalo game was cancelled for snow. This weather is way more dangerous.

NOS @ CLE -
Bet the under.
CURRENT WEATHER
SnowShowersDayV2.svg
3‎°F
Snow showers

FEELS LIKE
‎-21°
---------------------
---------------------

CURRENT WEATHER
CloudyV3.svg
-1‎°F
Cloudy

FEELS LIKE
‎-25°
I was just outside(east of Cleveland) for about 10-15 minutes. No joke, I thought I was going to get frostbite on my face. Super painful in that short of a time, and it's not like I was holding my face up to the wind.
Yikes - I have CLE D and Kamara in one league and Chubb in another. I may sit the RB's wow. But, it's always about choices. I can sit Kamara as I played Etienne for Stephenson and / or Pacheco. As far as Chubb goes if I sit him - it's pick 2 from Swift, Mostert, or Z Moss.

Speaking of faces, the Saints are putting on brave faces.
Let's see how this tough talk on how they aren't 'scared' of the cold plays out, lol.
Brrr-owns, Saints set to battle each other, frigid elements
...It’s a physical game. In the cold, it’s also a mind game.

“I’m ready for it, man,” Saints safety Tyrann Mathieu said. “It’s really all mental.”

Not entirely, but New Orleans coach Dennis Allen did his best to downplay the elements. He doesn’t want any of his players overreacting or overdressing.
“It’s going to be cold for everybody,” he said. “Let’s don’t make too big a deal about it. Let’s go play a game and let’s go try to win, but yet there’s been a lot of advancement in warm-weather gear and the last thing I want is somebody out there looking like the damn Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.
--------------------------
Lol, OK. We'll see, lol.

I think it's possible Chubb does ok if they give him 30 carries
I doubt we see a combined 30 passes between the two teams.
Even with few passing attempts, it's going to be difficult for everyone to get first downs to keep drives alive.
Doubt Stefanski will give Chubb that many carries if he were completely healthy in perfect conditions.
I'm confident we'll see a lot of Hunt since this will certainly be his last home game with the Browns.
I think we will also see more of DE 'Ernest Johnson and/or the rookie RB Jerome Ford; I like that kid.:thumbup:
-----------------------------------------------------------
...The Saints have yielded at least 148 yards rushing in four of their past six games, giving up a season-worst 231 against Atlanta.

Now, as the Saints prepare to deal with Chubb, who has 1,252 yards, the run defense is “an area we’ve got to improve on,” said Allen, who had high place for Cleveland’s Pro Bowl back.

“A very instinctive runner,” he said. “He’s a big runner, runs with power, yet he’s also got speed to break the long one. So, when he’s able to get his pads going downhill, he’s a load to have to deal with.”
---
:football:

Good call on Taysom @Team Smokin'

Not something I considered before now and I don't think I have space for him anyway, but I wonder if he's a better bet than Kamara. Especially since their top wr's are now Tre'Quan Smith and Rashid Shaheed.

Agreed with @Bracie Smathers about Chubb usage. If he's much over 20 then it's probably due to closer duties. Snap count dictates how much the others see.

Came here to post or ask the same question after I heard no Saints beat writers could make it to the game.

Came here to post or ask the same question after I heard no Saints beat writers could make it to the game.
We may not even be going to our family parties this weekend because of the travel. I think driving won't be super horrible, but any sort of accident or car trouble would result in a world of problems. It won't surprise me if some car accidents this weekend result in people freezing to death and/or cases of severe frostbit and hypothermia.
It won't surprise me if some FANS at the Browns game end up with frostbite and hypothermia

Looks like the Saints/Browns game is the only "weather" game with noticable movement in Vegas.
What do ya'll think of J.Johnson in this game? Chance a start or put C.Okonkwo in against Houston with Willis at qb?

Looks like the Saints/Browns game is the only "weather" game with noticable movement in Vegas.
What do ya'll think of J.Johnson in this game? Chance a start or put C.Okonkwo in against Houston with Willis at qb?
You can't play any we/TE in this game.
Your only hope is something super fluky/lucky

I'm going with Taysom...and probably Kamara as of now. Like @Team Smokin', Taysom's been on at least 3 teams in my league, including mine for a week. I consider him a RB, so he may (hopefully) receive more opportunities than average in this weather. Passing on Johnson though, again, weather. Chig, w/ Willis? No thanks.

Let's see how this tough talk on how they aren't 'scared' of the cold plays out, lol.

“I’m ready for it, man,” Saints safety Tyrann Mathieu said. “It’s really all mental.”

Not entirely, but New Orleans coach Dennis Allen did his best to downplay the elements. He doesn’t want any of his players overreacting or overdressing.
“It’s going to be cold for everybody,” he said. “Let’s don’t make too big a deal about it. Let’s go play a game and let’s go try to win, but yet there’s been a lot of advancement in warm-weather gear and the last thing I want is somebody out there looking like the damn Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.
Lol, OK. We'll see, lol.

Someday, someone will be seriously injured (like frostbite taking a chunk of their foot or hand) and then 20 years later, people will wonder why they didn't take more precautions, like they do with heat nowadays.

Allen, on the other hand, probably still thinks players should follow 3 hours of practice with 30 minutes of wind sprints in Texas in July with no water available.

NOS @ CLE -
Bet the under.
CURRENT WEATHER
SnowShowersDayV2.svg
3‎°F
Snow showers

FEELS LIKE
‎-21°
---------------------
---------------------

CURRENT WEATHER
CloudyV3.svg
-1‎°F
Cloudy

FEELS LIKE
‎-25°
Outside for 15-20 minutes and you thought you were going to get frostbite? Let me know when you are worried about frostbite in about 2 minutes. 15-20 minutes for frostbite is considered a mild winter day in Wisconsin.

NOS @ CLE -
Bet the under.
CURRENT WEATHER
SnowShowersDayV2.svg
3‎°F
Snow showers

FEELS LIKE
‎-21°
---------------------
---------------------

CURRENT WEATHER
CloudyV3.svg
-1‎°F
Cloudy

FEELS LIKE
‎-25°
Outside for 15-20 minutes and you thought you were going to get frostbite? Let me know when you are worried about frostbite in about 2 minutes. 15-20 minutes for frostbite is considered a mild winter day in Wisconsin.
No kidding. I thought I knew what cold was until a 57 below wind chill day in Eau Claire.

NOS @ CLE -
Bet the under.
CURRENT WEATHER
SnowShowersDayV2.svg
3‎°F
Snow showers

FEELS LIKE
‎-21°
---------------------
---------------------

CURRENT WEATHER
CloudyV3.svg
-1‎°F
Cloudy

FEELS LIKE
‎-25°
No kidding. I thought I knew what cold was until a 57 below wind chill day in Eau Claire.
No offense to Ghostbusters but today is one of those days in Wisconsin you could get frostbite in minutes. 15-20 minutes is nothing.

And I disagree about building domes on all northern sites. But the NFL needs to consider weather when scheduling games. I know its all about the $ for them but it's s not fair to fans to schedule a Sunday night game in Green Bay when a noon game is much more comfortable

Want a cookie?
NOS @ CLE -
Bet the under.
CURRENT WEATHER
SnowShowersDayV2.svg
3‎°F
Snow showers

FEELS LIKE
‎-21°
---------------------
---------------------

CURRENT WEATHER
CloudyV3.svg
-1‎°F
Cloudy

FEELS LIKE
‎-25°

NOS @ CLE -
Bet the under.
CURRENT WEATHER
SnowShowersDayV2.svg
3‎°F
Snow showers

FEELS LIKE
‎-21°
---------------------
---------------------

CURRENT WEATHER
CloudyV3.svg
-1‎°F
Cloudy

FEELS LIKE
‎-25°
No offense to Ghostbusters but today is one of those days in Wisconsin you could get frostbite in minutes. 15-20 minutes is nothing.

And I disagree about building domes on all northern sites. But the NFL needs to consider weather when scheduling games. I know its all about the $ for them but it's s not fair to fans to schedule a Sunday night game in Green Bay when a noon game is much more comfortable
I suppose if I just stood there and stared into the wind it might be a couple minutes. I don't feel like testing that theory.

Anyway, back to the game. It's hard to even have your eyes open if the wind is at your face at all. Don't play any pass catchers.
The major highway going through Cleveland is closed off right now. That's no good.
Can't wait to sit in my warm home with my cold beer and watch this one.
Just hoping the power doesn't go out, which I'm sure it will.

Every football stadium in the northern half of the country should be a dome. There I said it
Every single year I actively pull for teams in who play outside to get home field playoff seeding because I love football in the elements and despise dome football, especially in the playoffs. So yea I'd hate to see this and this year's playoffs looks great.
Good for you. You'd still watch if every team had a dome, just like everyone still watches when the games are bigger down by crap weather.

The NFL used to factor in weather when scheduling games. Most of the MIA-BUF games in the first 25 years were @BUF early in the season, @MIA late in the season. Something like 23 out of 25 IIRC. Now, weather seems to play no role in the NFL scheduling of games.

Anyway, back to the game. It's hard to even have your eyes open if the wind is at your face at all. Don't play any pass catchers.
The major highway going through Cleveland is closed off right now. That's no good.
Did 90 get shut down? We were talking about that when we went downtown Wednesday. Looked at the breakers around 55th, laughed, and said the storm surge is gonna eat that up.

Did 90 get shut down? We were talking about that when we went downtown Wednesday. Looked at the breakers around 55th, laughed, and said the storm surge is gonna eat that up.
So I was told. I don't know why though. Maybe an accident

Every football stadium in the northern half of the country should be a dome. There I said it
Every single year I actively pull for teams in who play outside to get home field playoff seeding because I love football in the elements and despise dome football, especially in the playoffs. So yea I'd hate to see this and this year's playoffs looks great.
Good for you. You'd still watch if every team had a dome, just like everyone still watches when the games are bigger down by crap weather.
Weird response.

I see absolutely no reason why "football" should be played in this weather. It's dangerous and unnecessary. Move the game to Detroit and everybody can at least function.

“It’s going to be cold for everybody,” he said. “Let’s don’t make too big a deal about it. Let’s go play a game and let’s go try to win, but yet there’s been a lot of advancement in warm-weather gear and the last thing I want is somebody out there looking like the damn Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.”
Lol, OK. We'll see, lol.

Someday, someone will be seriously injured (like frostbite taking a chunk of their foot or hand) and then 20 years later, people will wonder why they didn't take more precautions, like they do with heat nowadays.

Allen, on the other hand, probably still thinks players should follow 3 hours of practice with 30 minutes of wind sprints in Texas in July with no water available.
Do we really treat hot weather different when it comes to the NFL? I don't see any threads in August when there is a home game in Miami with stifling humidity and heat. I don't see any threads when there is a home game in Vegas and the temp is 100+.

Can someone point me to the weather thread calling for all games in the southern half of the country to be played in domes? Maybe the thread asking why "football" should be played in that weather when it is dangerous and unnecessary and could be moved to a dome like Dallas?

I see absolutely no reason why "football" should be played in this weather. It's dangerous and unnecessary. Move the game to Detroit and everybody can at least function.

“It’s going to be cold for everybody,” he said. “Let’s don’t make too big a deal about it. Let’s go play a game and let’s go try to win, but yet there’s been a lot of advancement in warm-weather gear and the last thing I want is somebody out there looking like the damn Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.”
Lol, OK. We'll see, lol.

Do we really treat hot weather different when it comes to the NFL? I don't see any threads in August when there is a home game in Miami with stifling humidity and heat. I don't see any threads when there is a home game in Vegas and the temp is 100+.

Can someone point me to the weather thread calling for all games in the southern half of the country to be played in domes? Maybe the thread asking why "football" should be played in that weather when it is dangerous and unnecessary and could be moved to a dome like Dallas?
Yes people complain about early season games in Miami and training camp heat exhaustion stuff all the time

Lol, OK. We'll see, lol.

Yes people complain about early season games in Miami and training camp heat exhaustion stuff all the time
Any calls for those games to be cancelled? Or for those stadium locations to be required to build domes?

I get it. It's cold. Painfully cold. It's uncomfortable for fans and players. It can affect the play of the game. But the exaggerations in this thread about people freezing to death in car accidents or breakdowns or losing limbs because of frostbite are a bit over the top.

Weird response.
Meant to say "bogged down" by crap weather. Stupid auto correct

Lol, OK. We'll see, lol.

Any calls for those games to be cancelled? Or for those stadium locations to be required to build domes?

I get it. It's cold. Painfully cold. It's uncomfortable for fans and players. It can affect the play of the game. But the exaggerations in this thread about people freezing to death in car accidents or breakdowns or losing limbs because of frostbite are a bit over the top.
Maybe we should play in buffalo today.

NOS @ CLE -
Bet the under.
CURRENT WEATHER
SnowShowersDayV2.svg
3‎°F
Snow showers

FEELS LIKE
‎-21°
---------------------
---------------------

CURRENT WEATHER
CloudyV3.svg
-1‎°F
Cloudy

FEELS LIKE
‎-25°
Yea we're getting hit here in PA with high wind and cold and it's bad. Cleveland supposed to be worse.

Still I have no choice with Chubb and Taysom. Have to start them.

NOS @ CLE -
Bet the under.
CURRENT WEATHER
SnowShowersDayV2.svg
3‎°F
Snow showers

FEELS LIKE
‎-21°
---------------------
---------------------

CURRENT WEATHER
CloudyV3.svg
-1‎°F
Cloudy

FEELS LIKE
‎-25°
The Bills game was canceled

Lol, OK. We'll see, lol.

It’s probably worse here we’ve been in a 3 county wide driving ban since 9am. Complete blizzard and whiteout. 79 MPH wind gusts. 40 sustained.

NOS @ CLE -
Bet the under.
CURRENT WEATHER
SnowShowersDayV2.svg
3‎°F
Snow showers

FEELS LIKE
‎-21°
---------------------
---------------------

CURRENT WEATHER
CloudyV3.svg
-1‎°F
Cloudy

FEELS LIKE
‎-25°
The Bills game was canceled

Lol, OK. We'll see, lol.

It’s probably worse here we’ve been in a 3 county wide driving ban since 9am. Complete blizzard and whiteout. 79 MPH wind gusts. 40 sustained.
Sarcasm

Lol, OK. We'll see, lol.

Didn’t a fan die of heat stroke in one of the first games at Santa Clara?

Maybe the thread asking why "football" should be played in that weather when it is dangerous and unnecessary and could be moved to a dome like Dallas?

I called it "football" because in games where you eliminate the forward pass because of the weather, you're really not getting a full quality game. Never said it had to be in Dallas. It was hyperbole, anyway. But yeah, I like to see the threat of them throwing the ball. I don't need to watch a game that is reminiscent of college football before the forward pass was pretty much mandated by Teddy Roosevelt.

It's ****ty to watch, ****ty to participate in, and dangerous when it gets that cold. If you're looking to maximize football as a viewing product, these sort of games are better in a dome. Hell, they did move the Buffalo game to Detroit because they knew it was unplayable. This isn't 1970 or even 2007 anymore.

And I do object to playing in heat like Miami's for player safety reasons. No reason they shouldn't be in an open-air domed stadium like SoFi. September games in the AFC East are naturally difficult for the other three teams in the division. It's extra home field advantage, and they did nothing to earn it but be in a location.

Just like we don't rub dirt on injuries, refuse players water, throw through arms falling off, we can treat nature with the respect it deserves. Football is the only game that doesn't do that.

the games will be played.....everybody has the same information at their disposal.....their really aren't any "FF weather ranking experts" ....that have some data and some way to evaluate their weather rankings....if there is ...can someone give me a link...

so basically you follow Vegas and adjust accordingly.....

gather your information and base your decision on that....and don't cry or pound your chest later one way or the other based on what ends up happening.....it could go either way many times....there seem to be some slam dunk things to consider...but we really don't have any other thing other than what has happened before that you remember.....some guys have gone pinball machine in bad weather games because of game script....others have pooped the bed....

obviously the sentiment is to basically "downgrade" all offensive players...just don't blame any experts or anybody for that matter.... if it doesn't go your way.....it's your call...

is my WR.... (say Amari Cooper) ...."soft" and hasn't play well when its cold....maybe.....but he may also catch three 6 yard TD's this weekend.....

Users who are viewing this thread