What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 14 Early Waiver Wire Pickups (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
Watcha got?

Noah Brown
Xavier Hutchinson (long shot)
Antonio Gibson (most likely already rostered)
Chris Rodriguez (long shot)
Zeke Elliott
Tyjae Spears (rostered in dynasty, but may not in redraft)
Brevin Jordan
Jameis Winston
Dontayvion Wicks (doubt Reed or Doubs is available)
Tucker Kraft
Keaton Mitchell

Last edited:
I would say Brown and Spears would be the best adds. Derrick Henry does have the "extra day" to heal but if he's out, Spears would be a low-end RB1.

Wicks would be another that could be viable. Gibson as well.

Edit - sounds like Henry is NOT in concussion protocol so Spears doesn't look as cherry as he did earlier today.

Last edited:
Minshew and Browning are both my targets as someone that owns Baker. Need a better backup for Love. Still not sold on Love especially with Watson’s injury.

Last edited:
I will be scrambling for a week 14 QB. The highest scoring guys on the wire are Cousins and Burrow.

Add Parker Washington to my list
This is a good call for dynasty. I just put in a pretty sizable bet in one league. I wasn’t sure if he was rostered or not. I thought I recalled him getting drafted in the 5th round.

I liked him coming in but I honestly had kind of forgotten about him until tonight.

I think Wicks is a top add. GB offense seems to be in a groove, and Watson's hamstring injury is I believe the same on that kept him out the beginning of the season. They also have an enticing schedule down the stretch here playing Giants/Buccs/Panters/Vikings.

Non-PPR league where I need a win (and help) to make the playoffs. I have two RBs on bye and need to add and start someone. Zeke is far and away the best option, but I'm lower on the waiver priority and likely won't get him. Other options are any of the Bears RBs (assuming Foreman is fully healthy, I think I would go him followed by Roschon and Herbert, but I have very low confidence in any of them) and Justice Hill.

14-team, 0.5 PPR where I just lost Rhamondre. There is bupkus on the WW. League has open waivers so I almost never handcuff, but at this point I might as well get Eli Mitchell to back up CMC

Tyrod looks to be back this week. Haven't given a ton of thought to how he compares to any of the other streamers people have been discussing, but he's certainly in the conversation.

If by any chance Waller was dropped when he went on IR (he was in my 14-teamer), he's potentially back this week, too

Two from last night....

Zay Jones - Not sure what's up with Kirk's groin injury, but I'd say it's pretty likely he misses time. Jones tied for second in targets with 8 last night, catching 5 balls for 78 yards.

Tanner Hudson - Browning seems to have some chemistry with this guy. Consistency at the TE position is half the battle, and he's been pretty decent over the past month plus. He's averaging 5 targets and has caught no fewer than 4 balls per game over his last five weeks. If you need TE help, you could do worse.

Tyrod looks to be back this week. Haven't given a ton of thought to how he compares to any of the other streamers people have been discussing, but he's certainly in the conversation.

If by any chance Waller was dropped when he went on IR (he was in my 14-teamer), he's potentially back this week, too
There's no way he starts over Tommy Chicken Cutlets

Joe Flacco in 2 Qb/superflex with Trevor and Carr hurt.

Can’t believe I typed this.
FWIW, I picked up Flacco last week in SF. I might be starting him over Winston if Carr is out. Maybe Devito. Currently in a 3-way tie for the division, playing one who currently has the tiebreaker. I probably don’t surpass the team #2 with a win, and won’t drop from 3 with a loss.

Currently available in that league:
Beathard
Xavier Gipson
Brevin Jordan

:oldunsure:

Turns out you’re right. Unclear to me if that’s because Tyrod isn’t healthy, they think DeVito is better, or they think DeVito is worse (and are aiming for a draft pick)

Turns out you’re right. Unclear to me if that’s because Tyrod isn’t healthy, they think DeVito is better, or they think DeVito is worse (and are aiming for a draft pick)
They also only opened the practice window for Tyrod, they have 21 days to activate him.

I live in NY. Tommy Devito is the talk of the town now. Hes put them back in the playoff picture (albeit probably still a pipe dream) with 2 consecutive wins.

I live in NY. Tommy Devito is the talk of the town now. Hes put them back in the playoff picture (albeit probably still a pipe dream) with 2 consecutive wins.
Not saying you’re wrong about how Giants fans are thinking, but that’s ridiculous. Two wins over bottom-four teams in the league and they’re prepping his Canton bust?

Not saying you’re wrong about how Giants fans are thinking, but that’s ridiculous. Two wins over bottom-four teams in the league and they’re prepping his Canton bust?
Exaggerate much?

Exaggerate much?
You or him?

4-8 isn’t going anywhere

Exaggerate much?
Nope. The Pats and Commanders really are two of the four worst teams. ;)

I can see the argument that the season's lost, they already know who Tyrod is, and they will likely need a new QB next year, so might as well stick with TDV and see if there's anything there. I just don't buy that the past few weeks have shown us much

Exaggerate much?
You or him?

4-8 isn’t going anywhere
I said it was a pipe dream but the fact of the matter is they are 2 games out and play 3 teams directly ahead of them in GB, NO, LA.

Watcha got?

Noah Brown
Xavier Hutchinson (long shot)
Antonio Gibson (most likely already rostered)
Chris Rodriguez (long shot)
Zeke Elliott
Tyjae Spears (rostered in dynasty, but may not in redraft)
Brevin Jordan
Jameis Winston
Dontayvion Wicks (doubt Reed or Doubs is available)
Tucker Kraft
Keaton Mitchell

Pinned

Jake Browning
As a Howell (brutal schedule plus bye) owner and Geno (below avg) owner I'm certainly considering him or minshew as an option
I'm actually considering dropping him for Dobbs. Love what he'd done so far but I need someone this week and Howell's schedule in the ff playoffs really is nasty.
Is Dobbs definitely starting for the Vikes?
There's a chance they didn't like what they saw enough in that Bears loss to bench him...but its clear he gives them the best chance to make the playoffs. However, his leash is probably a bit short .

What about early dynasty pickups? Should we have a separate thread for those or should we bundle them here?

I'm mostly thinking with playoffs looming, those out of the playoffs only have a short window to stockpile young talent to stash for next year and I'd be very interested in some other homer fan opinions on guys lurking in the background to stash for 2024.

What about early dynasty pickups? Should we have a separate thread for those or should we bundle them here?

I'm mostly thinking with playoffs looming, those out of the playoffs only have a short window to stockpile young talent to stash for next year and I'd be very interested in some other homer fan opinions on guys lurking in the background to stash for 2024.
That would be good for the Dynasty stash thread

Jake Browning
As a Howell (brutal schedule plus bye) owner and Geno (below avg) owner I'm certainly considering him or minshew as an option
I'm actually considering dropping him for Dobbs. Love what he'd done so far but I need someone this week and Howell's schedule in the ff playoffs really is nasty.
Is Dobbs definitely starting for the Vikes?
Good question. Wondering as well if they're going to stick with him or turn to Mullens.

All leagues are different. We have deep benches. Absolutely nothing of interest on wire. Houston defense is there. I'll prolly bid a dollar.

All leagues are different. We have deep benches. Absolutely nothing of interest on wire. Houston defense is there. I'll prolly bid a dollar.
Grabbed Green Bay for this week. Tough waiting for Monday night but against Tommy Devito should be worth it. Plus they've actually looked good last 3 weeks.

Grabbed Green Bay for this week. Tough waiting for Monday night but against Tommy Devito should be worth it. Plus they've actually looked good last 3 weeks.
Look at week 16 also, just grabbed them mostly for that.
Yep. And since I have the chiefs, they get NE in W15. Just need to win this week to make it happen.

Look at week 16 also, just grabbed them mostly for that.
Yes sir. I've had my week 15 and 16 lineup slotted in for weeks. Ha ha

Users who are viewing this thread