What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 13 Waiver Wire (1 Viewer)

Early ones-

Watkins if somehow still available.

Potentially Marquise Lee and Dorial Green-Beckham.

Any halfway decent Buccaneer- play NO twice in the FF playoffs. Sims as a potential early pickup.

Bear D/ST
I don't understand this. 

you think a defense on a team with zero offense is worth owning? from a coaches perspective, I would take bigger risks if I were the 49ers. because I don't have to worry as much about getting burned. 

I actually think SF is going to roll over the Bears; considering taking them in my survivor league

Last edited by a moderator:
Early ones-

Watkins if somehow still available.

Potentially Marquise Lee and Dorial Green-Beckham.

Any halfway decent Buccaneer- play NO twice in the FF playoffs. Sims as a potential early pickup.
Thinking Russell Shepherd may be a thing again...

If he's available, Charles Sims. 

Should resume change-of-pace/passing down work in Tampa.   Facing the Saints in Weeks 14 and 16 could be a difference maker in the FF playoffs. 

Should resume change-of-pace/passing down work in Tampa.   Facing the Saints in Weeks 14 and 16 could be a difference maker in the FF playoffs. 
I've always loved Sims. I was hoping TB would let Martin walk and Sims could be the bell cow. this year he showed he cannot do that job. he's very effective in his role though. I think you're dead on here... could be a great pick up

Marquess Wilson looked solid this afternoon with 11 targets.

Benjamin although he did nothing today both Williams and Inman were banged up.

Lance Kendricks if looking for a TE as Kaep seems to target him several times each game.

Marquise Lee as the #1B in JAX.

Gabriel doesn't seem to get a lot of targets but makes the most out of every single one and may be becoming the #2 in ATL.

dcgangstas said:

is he practicing yet? i am a Martin owner, and i know he is on the waiver. 

is he practicing yet? i am a Martin owner, and i know he is on the waiver. 
From ESPN.COM: 

Charles Sims (knee, I.R.) returned to practice Wednesday.
Sims isn't eligible to return to game action until Week 14, but he's officially been designated as the team's return player from injured reserve. The Bucs are slowly getting healthier. Sims has a juicy fantasy playoffs schedule.

Inman if Tyrell Williams misses any time. 
I will second the vote for Inman.  Becomes a no-brainer depending on the severity of the Tyrell Williams injury.  But even if Tyrell returns Inman had a much bigger game (incl a long TD) than Benjamin.  Maybe Benjamin is still suffering from the knee injury or maybe just one of those things.  SD week 13-16 pass D schedule is glorious.

Malcolm Mitchell
This had a bit to do with Gronk/Bennett being out, but he IS rising to WR2 status in New England (technically WR3b Behind Edelman, Gronk, and White/Lewis tandem) 

However, be aware NEP receiving options not named Gronk/Edelman are VERY matchup/gameplan sensitive. 

Buck Bradcanon said:
I will second the vote for Inman.  Becomes a no-brainer depending on the severity of the Tyrell Williams injury.  But even if Tyrell returns Inman had a much bigger game (incl a long TD) than Benjamin.  Maybe Benjamin is still suffering from the knee injury or maybe just one of those things.  SD week 13-16 pass D schedule is glorious.
First of all, Williams looks like he will be fine. Second, Inman himself was concussed.

Not making any recs one way or another, just warning everyone interested to keep tabs on both guys' health.

16-team, standard, start 3WRs. My WRs suck, so I'm always looking for help, but most of the good guys are already owned, including Tyreek and Britt.

As of now, I'm putting in claims for Gabriel and Lee, dropping CColeman. If I don't get either of them, I'll stick with Corey. 

Don't trust that Mitchell can become a reliable fantasy starter anytime soon, especially if everyone gets healthy (and even if they don't). Also don't want to chase points on MWilson, Enunwa or Stills.

AJ Green was dropped... any chance he can come back and make an impact week 15 or 16?  Not much info out there it seems.

AJ Green was dropped... any chance he can come back and make an impact week 15 or 16?  Not much info out there it seems.
There's a chance but with the Bengals record there isn't much of a reason to rush him back this year so I would say the odds are extremely small he helps you.

My names for this week's waiver wire are Marquess Wilson, Mitchell, Inman, Boldin and Vernon Davis.

First of all, Williams looks like he will be fine. Second, Inman himself was concussed.

Not making any recs one way or another, just warning everyone interested to keep tabs on both guys' health.
Just a small point of clarification on Inman..I too thought he was concussed but he is not in the protocol.  Tyrell Williams looks like the clear #1 WR.  But maybe Inman is a better hold/add than Benjamin.
Roto..

Dontrelle Inman was cleared of a concussion after leaving late in the fourth quarter Week 12 against the Texans.
Inman was not placed in the protocol.

How would you rank these WRs ROS for PPR league?  All available on WW 

Tyreek Hill - @ Atl, Oak, Ten, Den

Jeremy Maclin - Same

Marquess Wilson - SF, @ Det, GB, Was

Dontrelle Inman - TB, @ Car, Oak, @ Cle

Taylor Gabriel - KC, @ LA, SF, @ Car

Quincy Enunwa - Ind, @ SF, Mia, @ NE

Malcolm Mitchell - LA, Bal, @ Den, NYJ

Tyler Lockett - Car, @ GB, LA, AZ

There's a chance but with the Bengals record there isn't much of a reason to rush him back this year so I would say the odds are extremely small he helps you.

My names for this week's waiver wire are Marquess Wilson, Mitchell, Inman, Boldin and Vernon Davis.
Teams really don't do that (hold players back even when they are out of the race) and so what if he came back and tweaked his hamstring injury? - he'd then have an entire offseason to rest it. The team has nothing really to lose.

I doubt they hold him back if he's ready to go.

Teams really don't do that (hold players back even when they are out of the race) and so what if he came back and tweaked his hamstring injury? - he'd then have an entire offseason to rest it. The team has nothing really to lose.

I doubt they hold him back if he's ready to go.
Fact is, we really don't know much about the severity of the injury. I think if you have the roster spot, he's a good stash, because if he does get healthy he could be a difference maker in the playoffs. Gun to my head, I say he doesn't produce value ROS.

Fact is, we really don't know much about the severity of the injury. I think if you have the roster spot, he's a good stash, because if he does get healthy he could be a difference maker in the playoffs. Gun to my head, I say he doesn't produce value ROS.
I agree he may not fully recover before the season ends. That's a distinct possibility. I don't agree that they'll just keep him sidelined if he does get fully healthy no matter what their record is though.

We don't know much but when it happened they were talking about it being potentially season ending almost immediately. That is not a good sign.

I have room for 2 of the following 3 that are available:

Sammy Watkins

Malcolm Mitchell

Taylor Gabriel.

I'm leaning Watkins and MItchell.  What do you guys think?

I agree he may not fully recover before the season ends. That's a distinct possibility. I don't agree that they'll just keep him sidelined if he does get fully healthy no matter what their record is though.
Yeah, I don't know enough about hamstring injuries to know if there's any long-term danger to reinjuring it. I know whenever guys come back from soft-tissue injuries like hamstrings or groins and then reinjure them, it's usually pretty bad, but you're probably right that it wouldn't be anything that would linger into next season. Maybe if it's a complete tear and he needs surgery? Still probably not.

Watkins is a must add.  I like Gabriel. 
Gabriel is probably playing with fire a little bit (his TD streak has to end sometime, and it's not like he's getting a ton of targets), but I still trust him more than Mitchell. Love him as a dynasty play, but for ROS there are just too many mouths to feed. If one or more of their receiving options is out for the year, he gets more attractive, but I suspect he has a few 2/25/0 games lurking in the next month.

T Hill is best guy on my WW this week. I'm wondering if people think he's a better guy to have ROS over a Jarvis Landry in non-PPR?

AJ Green may want to try and get back at some point regardless of team record. Isn't he close to keeping his 1k yard season streak going?

Hill is a must add for anyone -- I think he continues to shine even when Maclin is back at 100%. Watkins a must add, too, but know that it could be that the team limits his snap count again for a game. To be clear, this is just my guess, as opposed to anything the org. has said they would do.

Looking much closer now at Innman, with news that Williams has a torn right labrum - same injury he had in college. 

Users who are viewing this thread