What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 11 Wire Pickups (1 Viewer)

Throwing a bit out on all three hoping one comes through with current priority as 1) Burkhead, 2) J Williams and 3) Ekeler. Need on as a starter in non-ppr this week due to byes.

I have Woodhead but little hope of him being ready to play this week... 

Throwing a bit out on all three hoping one comes through with current priority as 1) Burkhead, 2) J Williams and 3) Ekeler. Need on as a starter in non-ppr this week due to byes.

Just out of curiosity, where would you rank Samaje Perine and Elijah McGuire with these three on a ww bid?  Thanks.

Westbrook will immediately be the Jags' best WR when he comes off IR, IMO. It could take awhile for him to get acclimated, but he's got big-time upside (certainly next season if not this year).
can u clarify, u mean for this year right? or are u thinking he is better than arob, hurns and lee? each have had some good runs so far and i don't think this trio are made up of bums. just a lot of bad/inconsistent qb play.

can u clarify, u mean for this year right? or are u thinking he is better than arob, hurns and lee? each have had some good runs so far and i don't think this trio are made up of bums. just a lot of bad/inconsistent qb play.
How DARE you insinuate throwing Honeybaked Hams at WRs means Blake Bortles is a bad QB!  :porked:

Thanks.  I see C.J. Prosise just went on IR.  Do you think J.D. McKissic has any value in the Seahawks pass-first (and only?) offense?
I'd put McKissic #1 over all the RBs on the wire  Seahawks actually gave him carries late, all he needs is 6-8 per game to mix in with his passing down work.

I'd put McKissic #1 over all the RBs on the wire  Seahawks actually gave him carries late, all he needs is 6-8 per game to mix in with his passing down work.
shhhh. Hoping the guys in my league don't see this. At least not until after waivers run at 2:00 am Wednesday morning.

shhhh. Hoping the guys in my league don't see this. At least not until after waivers run at 2:00 am Wednesday morning.
You still have Rawls and the eventual merry go round with Lacy mucking things up for McKissic. Should he be #1??? yes, will he be....probably not

CJ Anderson floating around in my league.  Without a stud RB and Hyde on a bye, I may have to take the leap.  My other RB's are Dion Lewis, Doug Martin and Alex Collins.  Can anybody talk me off the ledge or confirm that is a good move or not?

Careful with Westbrook no guarantee he even plays this week. 

According to ESPN Jaguars reporter Michael DiRocco, Dede Westbrook (I.R., core muscle surgery) will not be a "big part of the team's game plan" if he plays against the Browns in Week 11.

Westbrook is tentatively expected to make his NFL debut on Sunday following a lengthy recovery from core muscle surgery. Even with Allen Hurns (ankle) sidelined, it sounds like the Jaguars plan to limit Westbrook's workload, at least initially.

CJ Anderson floating around in my league.  Without a stud RB and Hyde on a bye, I may have to take the leap.  My other RB's are Dion Lewis, Doug Martin and Alex Collins.  Can anybody talk me off the ledge or confirm that is a good move or not?
If you are taking about a free agent. Yes grab him. He has struggled against teams where the game gets out of hand quick. His schedule opens up ROS.

Perine, with Kelley done.

- I'll also throw out Clement - probably forgotten over the bye and it's probably assumed Ajayi soaks up all the work, but that may not be the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anybody rank these in ppr?  Crickets is Assistant coach.

Woodhead

Perine

Ekeler

J Williams

I have Gordon.  So I was thinking ekeler should be one for me but not sure.

I didn't mean ARob simply because he's on IR. That said, Westbrook has the potential to be their #1 WR in the future & can play outside.

I do believe he's better then Lee & Hurns. Lee is a decent WR, but for one, Westbrook has a MUCH higher ceiling. And Westbrook beat out Hurns for the slot in training camp before getting hurt.

Woodhead

Perine

Ekeler

J Williams

This week or ROS?

this week, I’d rank Perine 1st as he at least on a decent offense as the main RB. Followed by Williams (if only for all the other injured RB’s in GB. 

ROS:

I think I’d take a flyer on Woodhead 1st (especially in PPR)

then Perine / Ekeler for you since you have Gordon

and Williams last...I just don’t trust that GB Offense. 

This week or ROS?

this week, I’d rank Perine 1st as he at least on a decent offense as the main RB. Followed by Williams (if only for all the other injured RB’s in GB. 

ROS:

Ros

That doesn't really make sense as a general statement. He's either going to have value or he isn't.
To me...handcuffs have real value to the owner of the starter. I mean...if you’ve got nothing in your WW...there may be value to a deep bench...but there will likely be otherguys way more valuable to a non Gordon owner.

Completely agree. Dude had been electric when given the chance. Plus who knows if Sea defense will keep them in games after their injuries. They're gonna continue to pass pass pass

Agree that Mckissic is electric with the ball in his hands, I hope he slips through waivers so I don't have to put a claim in for him.

Completely agree. Dude had been electric when given the chance. Plus who knows if Sea defense will keep them in games after their injuries. They're gonna continue to pass pass pass
I disagree.  Prosise wasn't playing anyway.  This changes nothing

This week or ROS?

ROS:

Darkwa also a choice. He’s a proven guy getting touches but also seems to have less upside than a guy like Woodhead.

Darkwa also a choice. He’s a proven guy getting touches but also seems to have less upside than a guy like Woodhead.
The problem with Darkwa is that if your team needs him on Sunday, you probably don't have much of a chance at a title.

Inman is a good grab for deeper leagues. I know the there is the perception the Bears don't throw, but it's not that bad. When Mitch first came in, they did have a silly low number of passes and game script somehow allowed it. Here the Bear pass attempts by game: 7, 16, 22, 25, 32, 33, 35 40,45. I bolded the first 3 games Mitch started. That is an average of 28, but a median of 32.5. While it's certainly not a great offense, I think they will throw a bit more than people might think and Inman is the only quality WR on the team. I could see him having a Cam Meredith like finish to the season.

Picked up Coleman a couple weeks ago. Hope he can do something. Woodhead and Johnson have been on my bench all damn year. 

I know this might be a little too "Assistant Coach", but who are some of the guys you're cutting bait on for these WW adds?

Are the likes of Duke Johnson & Cohen droppable at this point?

While Duke seems to do well in short order, does he really have enough to warrant starting week to week?

And Fox is an idiot and seems to be playing Cunningham more than Cohen

Inman is a good grab for deeper leagues. I know the there is the perception the Bears don't throw, but it's not that bad. When Mitch first came in, they did have a silly low number of passes and game script somehow allowed it. Here the Bear pass attempts by game: 7, 16, 22, 25, 32, 33, 35 40,45. I bolded the first 3 games Mitch started. That is an average of 28, but a median of 32.5. While it's certainly not a great offense, I think they will throw a bit more than people might think and Inman is the only quality WR on the team. I could see him having a Cam Meredith like finish to the season.
Played on 95% of the snaps and saw 8 targets (23% target share) in his first ever game as a Bear. Because he excels at run blocking he'll always be on the field. I definitely think he's worth the add in deeper ppr leagues.

Played on 95% of the snaps and saw 8 targets (23% target share) in his first ever game as a Bear. Because he excels at run blocking he'll always be on the field. I definitely think he's worth the add in deeper ppr leagues.
You don't think he is worth a stash in standard?

You don't think he is worth a stash in standard?
Chicago is dead last with 1.8 RZ attempts per game. Over their past 3 games they've averaged 1 RZ attempt per game. I don't see many TDs on the horizon. I suppose you could also grab him in standard but I don't think there's much of a ceiling to speak of.

As one of his main detractors, even I can't see a case for not having Perine as the #1 back to claim this week. Thompson will definitely put a cap on his snap counts, but he makes for a terrific COP with a bruising style that can also pay off in the red zone.

Woodhead

Perine

Ekeler

J Williams

Probably too late as your waivers probably run tonight....

1. Woodhead (by a good margin)
  2. Williams
  3. Perine
  4. Ekeler

Burkhead available on one of my leagues

If you need help at TE this week, Jared Cook or Gresham.

Keep seeing Woodhead's name...is there any indication that he's coming back this week?

I know this might be a little too "Assistant Coach", but who are some of the guys you're cutting bait on for these WW adds?

Are the likes of Duke Johnson & Cohen droppable at this point?

While Duke seems to do well in short order, does he really have enough to warrant starting week to week?

And Fox is an idiot and seems to be playing Cunningham more than Cohen
This is an absurd question. Cohen has been droppable for weeks and Duke is a top 15 guy in PPR. Just becuase you don't have the stones to start him, doesn't make him droppable. He has been an extremely pleasant surprise this year

Also, not seeing anyone recommending him but JD Mckissic for free is a good add in my book. I envision the Seahawks doing a lot of passing and eventually giving up on the run except through short passes. No Prosise makes Mckissic a sneaky add

Bojang0301 said:
Skip Williams and add Davonte Mays
Why?

The guy has been a healthy scratch who hasn't played a single snap on offense yet this year. He last played special teams in week 5 and hasn't even been used for that for many weeks now.

He may actually be active now with Jones injured and get some opportunity, but I don't see any reason why he will be more valuable than Williams.

If you think Williams is trash RIpkowski likely a better add than Mayes is.

I didn’t see yesterday’s game, but I’ve watched a lot of the other Packers games, and I never understood why Williams held his standing with the team. Pass pro I guess, but that’s less important without Rodgers back there (at least compared to rushing effectiveness).  

I kind of agree Mays needs to be owned. Granted, Williams got hurt last time to open the door for Jones, but Jones passed him rather easily. Mays may do the same. 
I disagree. Jones is actually good. 

Cohen is absolutely droppable. Duke is a hold, IMO.
Agreed.

Duke Johnson is a keeper. He got hurt in Europe, otherwise he has been useful. The Browns offensive line is still pretty good.

Only bad thing is that Hue Jackson is one of those guys who thinks a big RB is better when the weather gets colder.  :rolleyes:

Not too bad.

In my big league, I got ekeler, perine, and Elliott.

In the other I got burkhead, Tucker, and Jordan Reed

I may have to make another move for a wr if Hogan doesn't play.  Inman? May drop Mack.  Might do it regardless

Got Ekeler with the top waiver spot, only to see nobody else put in a claim for him. Ugh, what a waste.  I wish they didn't have that option to see the losing waiver claims

Users who are viewing this thread