What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 11 Waiver Wire (1 Viewer)

Regarding Montgomery, that does explain the low usage. It still doesn't give much indication whether that snap count is going away anytime, unfortunately. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw Marquess Wilson was placed on the Bears roster.

He played with Cutler in college, right? He seemed to have a connection with him before he was injured. Meredith has talent, but he's raw....Eddie Royal is old and often injured.

Am I crazy to think Wilson could actually have a big roll down the stretch if he stays healthy?

He played with Cutler in college, right? He seemed to have a connection with him before he was injured. Meredith has talent, but he's raw....Eddie Royal is old and often injured.

Am I crazy to think Wilson could actually have a big roll down the stretch if he stays healthy?
wondering the same thing.  thanxs for bringing it up.  he is on my radar screen now.  every little bit helps at this time of the season.  never give up.

He did not play with him in college. He is much younger than Cutler. You are thinking of Earl Bennett

I don't think you are crazy to think such a thing.

But you are crazy if you are thinking about relying on Jay Cutler for production down the stretch heading towards the playoffs.

Every season I have to remind myself to steer clear of Cutler. (Alshon I could understand though) 

TZM

He did not play with him in college. He is much younger than Cutler. You are thinking of Earl Bennett
Ah yes Earl Bennett. Thanks for clarifying. While I understand to stay clear of Jay Cutler. They are going to have play four quarters, right? Someone has to catch the ball. Who?

Eddie Royal Tea and and a rookie?

At least Wilson, when healthy had a connection, right?

Charlies Sims?  Believe I heard he's eligible to come back off IR Week 13, is he worth a stash in redraft for weeks 13-16?

Howard may not even be hurt enough to miss time, situation is frustrating with John Fox playing games. Add to that he wasn't very good earlier and Bears O taking a massive hit... would you use a #1 waiver priority or double digit FAAB dollars for him?

Well that's been rather underreported...

Confirmation bias at its finest -- many of the "fantasy experts" want to believe Starks is the guy, so they ignore the situation of Montgomery completely.  Cecil just this week on the recap show said Montgomery belonged on your bench or your waiver wire.  Wrong... assuming he's actually going to be reaching full health in the coming weeks.
If you're starting or even considering starting Montgomery, you're likely in trouble. He's mediocre and about 4th maybe 5th on the food chain. Willing him to be more than he is won't change anything. Cecil is right. 

Kenneth Dixon - just in case he catches fire. Finally healthy and all the hype and talent.
Wondering if the game @Dallas is the one.

Dallas gives up a ton of receptions to RBs. Could see Dixon catching a few in catchup mode as Baltimore has to abandon West and 2 yards of dust.

Lets say Howard is hurt, you really want to start a Bear? With this coaching staff? He may roll Carey if Langford sneezes when he isnt supposed to.
Langford isnt any good anyways, he had the chance early in the season with the situation better than it is now, plus they are going to have to throw all game.

If you're starting or even considering starting Montgomery, you're likely in trouble. He's mediocre and about 4th maybe 5th on the food chain. Willing him to be more than he is won't change anything. Cecil is right. 
I doubt anyone is projecting him as a WR1/RB1. But ~100 scrimmage yrds in the 3 games he started and last week he was on a lets see how it goes snap count. If he came through unscathed maybe he's back to seeing more snaps? Starks' return is troubling and McCarthy seems to have a thing for him, but he really didn't do much and didn't look all that great.

And of course as Bloom likes to say there's the "Assumption of rational coaching", so who the hell knows?

If you can't see the talent Montgomery has when he's healthy, then I can't help you.  Injury=/=Lack of talent.

On Montgomery the question surrounds the snap count, specifically whether the limitations will continue, or be lifted.  

If they're not, then he's ww material.  If they are, then look out.

FF playoffs aren't for a month.  That's still plenty of time to wait and see how things shake out.

Think Montgomery is a solid hold unless you have injuries/bye week concerns. Starks isn't some special talent. He's 30 y/o and hasn't looked all that great.

Think Montgomery is a solid hold unless you have injuries/bye week concerns. Starks isn't some special talent. He's 30 y/o and hasn't looked all that great.
doesn't matter. Ty Mont. needs opportunity and with Starks and Cobb healthy, his has shrunken. The Richard Rodgers snap count thing is weird too

If you can't see the talent Montgomery has when he's healthy, then I can't help you.  Injury=/=Lack of talent.
I didn't say he didn't have talent. I said he's a mediocre talent and certainly not more talented than the three guys ahead of him (Nelson, Cobbs, Adams) who also know the offense better. Plus with starts being back who is an actual running back, there isn't much left for Montgomery. Guys he had 2 good games in his career. Talent means nothing without results. 

doesn't matter. Ty Mont. needs opportunity and with Starks and Cobb healthy, his has shrunken. The Richard Rodgers snap count thing is weird too
You don't think it's at all plausible that Montgomery's lack of opportunity is correlated to his health?  Just last week McCarthy called him a 3-down back.  The offense has hummed along when he's on the field, and struggled when he wasn't.  It's much more likely to me that the only thing limiting Ty Mongtgomery is health than believing that James Starks has pushed him aside.

I didn't say he didn't have talent. I said he's a mediocre talent and certainly not more talented than the three guys ahead of him (Nelson, Cobbs, Adams) who also know the offense better. Plus with starts being back who is an actual running back, there isn't much left for Montgomery. Guys he had 2 good games in his career. Talent means nothing without results. 
The bolded is... well... never mind.

I don't believe he's a mediocre talent.  I don't think he's been healthy.

Kelley, Mathews, Rawls all available in very short bench league. 1/2 PPR. In what order would you prefer them?

I have Kelley 1st but having a hard time determining whether I'd rather have Rawls or Mathews ROS. There's only 1 team ahead of me in waiver priority who I'd think pick up a RB, and I only have a few moves left this year so it's a big decision especially if that guy decides to pick up Kelley.

I would take Kelley first. If Seattle is so confident that Rawls is ready to go, that they would flat out cut Christine, I would take him next. The ceiling is very high for him.

Yeah, Rawls def has the higher ceiling. I think that pretty much makes my decision then. The uncertainty with Mathews would drive me nuts.

Personally, I wouldn't trust either Floyd or Marquis Wilson as far as I could throw them. Wilson has had numerous opportunities and failed, and I got the impression the only reason Floyd saw as many snaps was because JJ was having such a bad game with the fumble and then a bad drop. And even if he does start getting more snaps and targets, he's just as likely to put up a 3 for 25 yd stat line (or worse). I'd rather start Ted Ginn over those two if I needed a WW pickup this week :^ /

You don't think it's at all plausible that Montgomery's lack of opportunity is correlated to his health?  Just last week McCarthy called him a 3-down back.  The offense has hummed along when he's on the field, and struggled when he wasn't.  It's much more likely to me that the only thing limiting Ty Mongtgomery is health than believing that James Starks has pushed him aside.
How do you explain the rest of his lackluster career? 

who's the better handcuff to Jordan?  Langford or Carey? As a Howard owner I'm leaning Carey...both are likely available in most leagues so hopefully I/we pick right.

Is Alex Collins from Seattle the shark move in deeper leagues? Rawls is just getting off the exercise bike and is very unlikely to be in game shape. 
Collins has done little to distinguish himself.  Troymaine Pope, who was promoted from the PS, intrigues me more than Collins.

Interesting thought... I think we're in uncharted territory here in Dallas, but they certainly didn't back off Murray the last time they had a workhorse like this.  Murray was a FA though, not a rookie at the start of his career.

Zeke has 198 carries and 18 receptions through 9 games -- that's a pace of 384 touches over 16 games.  Thing of it is, they're giving him 20-25 touches a week, so does it really matter saving 25-50 touches in Weeks 16-17?

Dallas is 2 games clear in the division, 1.5 games clear of Seattle.  It's plausible to me that Seattle pushes Dallas enough that Zeke never gets a break... but it's also plausible they're dominating Detroit sufficiently in Week 16 so as Zeke gets 10 carries and Morris gets the rest.

The real value in Morris is if Zeke goes down, which his workload is incredibly high right now...
On pace for 384 touches and his most ever in college was 316. Plus they want him available for the playoffs. That could be another 70+ touches. Could be a one and done year for zeke if they push him that hard his rookie year. 

On pace for 384 touches and his most ever in college was 316. Plus they want him available for the playoffs. That could be another 70+ touches. Could be a one and done year for zeke if they push him that hard his rookie year. 
One and done year. Are you serious right now?

It always amazes me when people don't learn from history. It amazes me more when people assume one good season means a great career. This is the NFL. The only thing you know is that you don't know what the future will hold. However, we do know historically what has happened to players with that kind of workload. But yeah, there can always be an exception. 

Based on...............???   Technically possible I guess, but with no attribution this is simply hyperbole.
Ya think? 

("All the time, you should try it" - hilarity ensues)

Fantasy Football is a series of who makes the right guesses

Sorry - if this was sarcasm aimed at the "Michael is the answer" crowd I missed it.  Took it at face value
At face value there's absolutely "a chance", as small as it might be.

RB is one of the positions that's easiest to plug and play.  Blocking assignments (and even rushing assignments) are relatively universal and simple.

Outside of punter/kicker, RB is the easiest position to get up to speed on and start.

While I'm not predicting he'll start this week, the potential is there.  That's all I was indicating.

It always amazes me when people don't learn from history. It amazes me more when people assume one good season means a great career. This is the NFL. The only thing you know is that you don't know what the future will hold. However, we do know historically what has happened to players with that kind of workload. But yeah, there can always be an exception. 
People said that about Murrays workload. That he was "ruined". Give me that kind of ruined any day.

Users who are viewing this thread