What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 03 2023 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

12-Man PPR

Pick Two:
Kendre Miller @ GB
or
Tyler Allgeier @ DET
or
Swift @ TB

+ Should I replace my flex of DJ Moore @ KC with the extra of the three?

I'm really looking for who has the most potential to do very well, since I have a tough matchup this week.
I bench Miller pretty quick. We really have no idea what his role is going to be. The other two seem pretty locked in to their touches.

Volume is king in this situation IMO.

ETA: @odysseyy to be clear Miller could be some kind of revelation who gets 20+ touches for 150-2 or something like that. I just can't abide the uncertainty relative to your other options.

Last edited:
PPR

Can't believe I'm typing this but Baker or Watson?

Also, gotta select two of Kelly, Mattison, Spears, Perine, Hunt. Yes, I was bitten by the Chubb bug. I'm leaning Kelly and Mattison at this point.

0.5 PPR

Flex Addison or Breece?

Jets at home with rain vs NE

MN at home vs Chargers

Volume concerns with both but Minny could be chasing points against a worse defense. Obviously leaning Addison but Breece could be explosive with dumpoffs in a nasty weather game.

PPR

Also, gotta select two of Kelly, Mattison, Spears, Perine, Hunt. Yes, I was bitten by the Chubb bug. I'm leaning Kelly and Mattison at this point.
I really would appreciate if you included matchups in future posts. This is time consuming enough already.

I have no problem with Mayfield over Deshaun. He's playing very well, throwing 34x/game with 69% completions. He's got the best talent he's ever played with at WR and he's playing with confidence. The Eagles secondary too big losses this off-season and they are dealing with injuries too. The strength of that defense, ATM is against the run, if TB wants to move the ball it will likely be through the air.

Deshaun is facing a similarly good rush defense but he's playing like ### so.

Mayfield>Watson

Your RB choices seem pretty obvious. Stack the Minnesota v San Diego game (whatever they're always San Diego in my book). Bad defenses, good offenses, Akers & Ekeler not playing. Your other options are strict bye week fill-in dart throws.

0.5 PPR

Flex Addison or Breece?

MN at home vs Chargers

Volume concerns with both but Minny could be chasing points against a worse defense. Obviously leaning Addison but Breece could be explosive with dumpoffs in a nasty weather game.
I like Breece but he can't do it alone

Predicting game scripts is a highly suspect technique but how can you not in the Minnesota v San Diego game?

Addison>Hall

0.5 PPR

Flex Addison or Breece?

MN at home vs Chargers

I like Breece but he can't do it alone

Predicting game scripts is a highly suspect technique but how can you not in the Minnesota v San Diego game?

Addison>Hall

Thanks! Agree on game scripts and usually ignore but like you said, tough to avoid here.

4 pts passing TD.
Goff vrs. Atlanta
Fields at KC

appreciate your insight!
I'm going with Goff at home. His home v road splits are shocking. He's prolific AF at home. Worst case is still something around 225 & 2. That's a great floor.

Fields can obviously turn a bad game into a monster with one snap but how can you trust that franchise ATM. They could be down 30 at the half and just as likely turtle up and get shut out as put up stats in garbage time.

Goff>Fields

TD = 6 points
Rec =.10 points
Yards = .03 points

Waddle is out so it's either DJ Moore or Gabe Davis

TD = 6 points
Rec =.10 points
Yards = .03 points

Man, tough one. So much so that you need to go with your gut.

I really want to say DJ because he's just a better player. But I've been really down on all Bears this week. Yes, KC should blow them out but the KC offense has been off (20 & 17 points) to start the season. Realistically that will change this week but it's not a lock. DJ has to work hard for everything he's going to get. Hell draw top coverage and if the KC D rotates an extra man it will be to DJ. I just think he's in for a rough day.

Gabe isn't as good as we all hoped last year, certainly not in DJs class but he's still pretty good. The Commanders defense is good, not great and their offense should be able to put up some points. My principal issue with him is inconsistency, can we rely on this guy to put up two in a row?

The smart move is probably to go with DJ, I would probably start him if he were on my team.

DJ>Gabe

TD = 6 points
Rec =.10 points
Yards = .03 points

I really want to say DJ because he's just a better player. But I've been really down on all Bears this week. Yes, KC should blow them out but the KC offense has been off (20 & 17 points) to start the season. Realistically that will change this week but it's not a lock. DJ has to work hard for everything he's going to get. Hell draw top coverage and if the KC D rotates an extra man it will be to DJ. I just think he's in for a rough day.

Gabe isn't as good as we all hoped last year, certainly not in DJs class but he's still pretty good. The Commanders defense is good, not great and their offense should be able to put up some points. My principal issue with him is inconsistency, can we rely on this guy to put up two in a row?

The smart move is probably to go with DJ, I would probably start him if he were on my team.

DJ>Gabe
Thanks man. No doubt DJ is the better player, but his QB is much worse.
I’ll probably lean DJ because of the weather and hope for some garbage time points against KC

TD = 6 points
Rec =.10 points
Yards = .03 points

DJ>Gabe
Thanks man. No doubt DJ is the better player, but his QB is much worse.
I’ll probably lean DJ because of the weather and hope for some garbage time points against KC
Yeah, it's not ideal choosing between them but both guys are talented and can make up for a down game quickly.

I'd be interested to hear who y'all are starting over Joshua Kelley. Right now, I'm benching Kelley for Nico Collins and Zay Flowers.
PPR? Also please try to include matchups in future posts.

My bad. Half point ppr. Thanks for the analysis.

What do you think about Miles Sanders this week with the same scoring format? My gut tells me to start him over Jakobi Meyers and Josh Reynolds, but it makes me nervous. Pittsburgh secondary looks pretty shaky, and given the pressure they can apply up front, it makes the short area targets to Meyers attractive.

I'd be interested to hear who y'all are starting over Joshua Kelley. Right now, I'm benching Kelley for Nico Collins and Zay Flowers.

What do you think about Miles Sanders this week with the same scoring format? My gut tells me to start him over Jakobi Meyers and Josh Reynolds, but it makes me nervous. Pittsburgh secondary looks pretty shaky, and given the pressure they can apply up front, it makes the short area targets to Meyers attractive.
No worries.

I like Meyers but the problem is we only have one game to go off to make any projections. It's also hard to tell what the Steelers pass defense is considering how terrible their run defense has been.

I'm not willing to rely on Josh Reynolds' seventh season breakout. I can live if I miss out on any kind of big game from him. What I can't abide is missing out on a big game from my RB who's getting 22 opportunities per game because I started Josh Reynolds.

Sanders>Jakobi>Reynolds

No worries.

I like Meyers but the problem is we only have one game to go off to make any projections. It's also hard to tell what the Steelers pass defense is considering how terrible their run defense has been.

I'm not willing to rely on Josh Reynolds' seventh season breakout. I can live if I miss out on any kind of big game from him. What I can't abide is missing out on a big game from my RB who's getting 22 opportunities per game because I started Josh Reynolds.

Sanders>Jakobi>Reynolds

I can't argue with your thoughts. There's a non-zero chance Pittsburgh destroys Oakland, so maybe I don't want to slice of that game. Josh Reynolds is an average receiver, I was just tempted by the target share he's received in the first couple of games. Ultimately, you are correct that Sanders represents a nice chunk of touches tomorrow.

No worries.

Sanders>Jakobi>Reynolds

I can't argue with your thoughts. There's a non-zero chance Pittsburgh destroys Oakland, so maybe I don't want to slice of that game. Josh Reynolds is an average receiver, I was just tempted by the target share he's received in the first couple of games. Ultimately, you are correct that Sanders represents a nice chunk of touches tomorrow.
I wish Sanders had been more efficient with his touches to this point but, if he had been you wouldn't be asking if you should start him.

And there is a non-zero chance the Raiders crush the Steelers. It's a difficult game to predict.

Breece Hall at home vrs Patriots or Zack Moss on the road against Ravens. Both games are probably impacted by weather. Sad that I'm saying this but Tank Dell in Jax or Garrett Wilson at home vrs Patriots. PPR leagues.

Breece Hall at home vrs Patriots or Zack Moss on the road against Ravens. Both games are probably impacted by weather. Sad that I'm saying this but Tank Dell in Jax or Garrett Wilson at home vrs Patriots. PPR leagues.
Despite concerns over the possibility of being a snap count Moss is not Hall. The Ravens aren't the Texans and the Patriots aren't the Ravens.

Translation is Hall is better than Moss and the Ravens D is better than the Patriots D. Moss ram wild against a poor defense, I want to see how he does against a good one.

Hall may not get volume and Duane Brown is out. But the Jets can't win without Hall contributing big and I is Brown even a difference maker anymore?

Moss may be a volume play but
Hall>Moss

I get it, I do but if you can bench Garrett Wilson for Tank Dell you should be on the Mount Rushmore of big stone calls. I'm not on that mountain...yet. I'd rather fail backing Wilson than fail with Wilson on my bench.
Wilson>Dell

Line decisions have left me at 0-2, so hoping for some help here in my non-ppr league:

Need 2/3 RB and 3/4 WR from the group below.

RB
Rhamondre
Gibbs
Kyren Williams
Joshua Kelley

WR
AJ Brown
DJ Moore
Pickens
Godwin
Olave
Ridley

Been riding Rhamondre/Gibbs with 4 WRs, but Kyren Williams has become a must start, and Kelley has a nice matchup this week. Felt great about my WR depth prior to the season but haven’t made the best decisions so far.

Appreciate your thoughts

Ok, so PPR, and 5-point bonus at 150 rushing or 150 receiving. I don't feel like there's a bad choice here, but very torn between these two.

Garrett Wilson or D'Andre Swift?

Need a flex, half PPR. Jeudy, Roschon Johnson or Kendre Miller. Njoku or Kincaid at TE. Thanks!
I think you know Roschon shouldn't be considered an option here. To many variables for him to demon value.

Jeudy v Kendra is interesting. I want to say Jeudy but the Broncos offense seems to be spreading the ball around a lot. Jeudy still looks like he may be the 1a/1b but ATM that may only translate to 5-6 targets. There is upside for sure, particularly if Miami's offense puts on a show.

I don't know what to expect from Miller but with Tony Jones as his only competition for touches he should see some opportunities. What that translates to is a WAG but I think there is some upside particularly as Jones doesn't appear to be much of a receiver.

This call makes me nervous but
Kendre>Jeudy

No real opinion on the TEs. I guess if you're going to be at the Tennessee defense it's probably going to be throwing the ball.

Total WAG
Njoku>Kincaid

1PPR

I'm considering benching Tee Higgins due to Burrow's health. My other options are:

DJ Moore at KC
Addison vs LAC
Flowers vs IND

In some serious doo doo in my non ppr league:

Pick 2 from this pile.
J McKinnon v Chi
Tony Jones @ GB
R Dowdle @Ari
T Bigsby v Hou
J Macglaclin @mia
M Gordon/K Drake v Indy

Yuk
You need two of these guys????

Uhhhhhhh... Not sure I can logic my way through this but...
No to McLaughlin. I hear people talk about him but he has been in on 8 snaps in two games.

No to Bal RBs not named Gus. Maybe if it was only one of them, but they both got called up so, pass.

After that it's a blind dart throw.

I probably roll with Dowdle because he's gotten a little run is two previous blowouts and this shapes up to be another one. Even without Diggs.

I guess I like Tony Jones next because he was in on 40 snaps with 13 carries. I know Miller is playing, and would start Miller over Jones but I think Jones may still have some kind of role...maybe.

Can't put faith in Reid to use his RBs any way anyone else expects.

The Tank Bigsby hype hasn't materialized and the Jags haven't demonstrated they can run anyone out of the building yet. It's the Travis Etienne show until further notice.

Dowdle>Jones>McKinnon>Bigsby

Line decisions have left me at 0-2, so hoping for some help here in my non-ppr league:

Need 2/3 RB and 3/4 WR from the group below.

RB
Rhamondre
Gibbs
Kyren Williams
Joshua Kelley

WR
AJ Brown
DJ Moore
Pickens
Godwin
Olave
Ridley

Been riding Rhamondre/Gibbs with 4 WRs, but Kyren Williams has become a must start, and Kelley has a nice matchup this week. Felt great about my WR depth prior to the season but haven’t made the best decisions so far.

Appreciate your thoughts
So you need 2RBs, 3WRs and a flex, right?

You have great options pretty much across the board. So trust your gut on these calls.

Since it's a standard league I am a little down on Rhamondre. The terrifying Jets defense hasn't actually materialized yet but I still believe they're in there. He's getting volume though and that's all you can really ask for. But I hate this game Jets/Pats game in general.

Kyren has been a volume monster but he hasn't been terribly effective with his rushing. The offensive line isn't great either. But, again volume is king.

Y'know as I am writing these I realize that I am going to say virtually the exact same thing about each of them. They're in line for volume but I'm not sure about either their ability (Kyren, Gibbs, Kelley) or the strength of their opponents (Rhamondre).

I'm going to try another approach.

I like taking a chance on the Minnesota v San Diego game (yes, I do that on purpose). Bad defense, good offense Kelley is the clear #1 with Ekeler out (79% snap share last week).

I want this to be Gibbs's breakout week, and am rolling him out myself but it's pure hope that he actually gets the volume and the Lions don't keep him in the secondary role to Craig Reynolds for whatever reason so I think I give Kyren the edge.

RBs:
Kelley>Kyren>Gibbs>Rhamondre

I can't trust DJ Moore. He's got the talent in spades but it's a tough matchup, Fields does not look good and it's starting to look like the coaching staff isn't going to last the year.

Very tough deciding who to eliminate among WRs.

I would auto-start AJ, Olave & Ridley. Too talented not to take the risk on.

Between Pickens & Godwin it's a real conundrum. Pickens was great last week and has a plus matchup. And he really seems like a big play waiting to happen.

Godwin has a better matchup than it may appear on the surface. Phili is vulnerable to the pass and almost impossible to run on. Plus Godwin can be a target sponge. The problem is your league is not PPR so Godwin loses an edge there.

Pickens>Godwin

The final decision comes down to Pickens v Gibbs at flex. I worry I am letting my personal hope that Gibbs has a big game cloud my judgement. The Lions have one of the best offensive lines in the league and they love to man up at the goal line. Their home/road splits in offense are shocking, they score in bunches at home. If I was going to take a risk this week it would be on Gibbs. But Pickens may actually be the smart call.

Gibbs>Pickens

This is the good kind of coin toss. We're likely not going to pick the correct six players to roll out but it won't be because of a lack of quality options.

PPR

Watson, Kelly, and Mattison, with great reluctance for each.

Ok, so PPR, and 5-point bonus at 150 rushing or 150 receiving. I don't feel like there's a bad choice here, but very torn between these two.

Garrett Wilson or D'Andre Swift?
Swift and not thinking twice. He's got talent, a great o-line, Scott is out and he earned a bigger role last week.

Love Wilson but he has too much stacked against him.

Swift>Wilson

1PPR

I'm considering benching Tee Higgins due to Burrow's health. My other options are:

DJ Moore at KC
Addison vs LAC
Flowers vs IND
Addison is the guy I would consider here. But that play is simply banking on another big play because he hasn't been a PPR guy yet.

It sucks that you have to make the call today but I probably would. Even if Burrow plays he's clearly sub-100%. It's difficult enough to decide between Chase & Higgins when Burrow is healthy (or Boyd has one of his sneaky big games). Higgins is a 10 target/game guy though so he probably has a safe floor and is still a decent option in PPR. He's probably the smart choice.

I can't trust Bears ATM. Even one as talented as DJ.

Love Flowers but it's still not quite clear who he is in that offense. Is he a 10 target guy with Andrews also on the field? We don't know.

Min v SD is the game I'm all in on this week. It probably won't play out the way I hope but it's still the right game to try and get a piece of.

With some reservations, because I want to bank on upside

Higgins>Addison Flowers>DJ

Full PPR, I’m favored pretty heavily
Start one
Kenny G
Kendre Miller
K Herbert
Please, in the future don't use nicknames, I have no idea who Kenny G is.

I literally had to go to NFL rosters and look for Kens. Do you mean Gainwell? He most certainly has not earned nickname status.

Also I appreciate if you include matchups.

I'm not playing any Bears this week, or maybe ever again unless I absolutely have to. So pass on Herbert.

I can see some appeal in Gainwell but Swift made that a lot murkier this week. TB also has a stout defense.

Miller seems like a good option because Jones isn't much of a receiver, Miller is, and Miller is a big dude so there is a possibility he is used at the GL. Plus GB is a neutral defensive matchup.

Miller>Gainwell>Herbert

Having last minute thoughts to bench Zay Flowers(vs IND) for Jaylen Warren(@LV) in a PPR league. Can someone talk me out of/into it?
I have no problem with that. There is still some concerns for Zay's target share with Andrews back.

Warren OTOH is getting a 40%+ snap share and a 50% opportunity share. He is also facing a plus matchup in a dome.

Warren>Flowers

With Christian Watson again out…

Full PPR (TE Premium, aka 2x PPR)

@ TE

Pat Freiermuth @ LV
Chig Okonkwo @ CLE

@ Flex

Chig or Pat (whoever isn’t selected above)
Jahan Dotson vs BUF

Some last minute help would be appreciated:
Fields vs KC or Stroud vs Jac

4 point Td. Drafted Fields but wavering this week.

With Christian Watson again out…

Full PPR (TE Premium, aka 2x PPR)

@ TE

Pat Freiermuth @ LV
Chig Okonkwo @ CLE

@ Flex

Chig or Pat (whoever isn’t selected above)
Jahan Dotson vs BUF
Well, I think it is reasonable to fire up all Steelers against the suspect Raiders defense so definitely
Freiermuth>Okonkwo

Because it's TE premium I can see Okonkwo but he has six looks all season, Jahan is seeing six per game.

It's tight but I think Dotson is just more talented.

Dotson>Okonkwo

Non-ppr. Josh Reynolds vs ATL, or Chris Godwin vs PHI. Leaning Godwin as PHI takes away Evans.
Godwin for sure IMO. Not much faith in 60 year wide receiver breakouts. And if you're going to beat Philadelphia, it's going to be through the air.

Godwin>Reynolds

Two non ppr - Gibbs Atl, Bijan @Det, K Williams @Cin
One ppr, pp1st down - T Hill @gb, H Henry @NYJ
Are you honestly asking about Bijan?

I like Kyren over Gibbs but it would probably be more fun to watch Gibbs v Bijan

Kyren>Gibbs

Upside play = Hill...he may be a floor play too but Kendre muddy's that situation.

Henry>Hill

Need a flex, half PPR. Jeudy, Roschon Johnson or Kendre Miller. Njoku or Kincaid at TE. Thanks!
I think you know Roschon shouldn't be considered an option here. To many variables for him to demon value.

Jeudy v Kendra is interesting. I want to say Jeudy but the Broncos offense seems to be spreading the ball around a lot. Jeudy still looks like he may be the 1a/1b but ATM that may only translate to 5-6 targets. There is upside for sure, particularly if Miami's offense puts on a show.

I don't know what to expect from Miller but with Tony Jones as his only competition for touches he should see some opportunities. What that translates to is a WAG but I think there is some upside particularly as Jones doesn't appear to be much of a receiver.

Kendre>Jeudy

No real opinion on the TEs. I guess if you're going to be at the Tennessee defense it's probably going to be throwing the ball.

Total WAG
Njoku>Kincaid
Thanks. What about Kendre vs Doubs?

Kendre>Jeudy

Total WAG
Njoku>Kincaid
Thanks. What about Kendre vs Doubs?
Doubs isn't on the injury report I don't think, and Watson is out, I believe.

I still think Kendre is probably on a path to more locked in touches.

Kendre>Doubs

Standard scoring 12 teams
With A. Jones out and Kamara suspended I need to decide RB2 between Kendre Miller NO or Rico Dowdle DAL. Miller is an unknown and Dowdle could get a lot of 4th quarter points in a Dallas blowout vs Arizona. Currently leaning towards Miller.

Users who are viewing this thread