What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 03 2023 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

I guess I may have one consideration this week

PPR I need two of these guys
Swift @ TBB
J.Ford v Tenn
J.Gibbs v ATL

Heavily leaning Swift & Gibbs
I'd go Gibbs and Ford. I think Swift has a tough matchup, and I don't think the Eagles are suddenly going to be a different offense. I get a very fool's gold vibe from Swift.
FPC scoring:

Barkley and Chubb were plug and play. Obviously this week not so much.
Assuming Priest Holmes or Jim Brown don't show up on the waiver wire,which TWO,yes TWO of the following do I plug in:

T.Bigsby vs Hou
D. Vaughn @ AZ
J.Kelley @ Minn.

Only viable waiver options are:

T.Jones @ GB
L.Murray @ Wash
Kelley feels like a lock, especially with Ekeler looking unlikely to be back this week.

I think Tony Jones is the other RB, as at least we know he'll be involved. Can't say that for Vaughn or Murray. Bigsby is an option, but I think the Jags attack the Texans banged up secondary in an effort to get Lawrence going.

12 team PPR. More of a drop or not to drop for X or Y player.

Hanging onto J. McKinnon right now, but wondering if I should drop for:

* C. Reynolds - I'm a D. Montgomery owner. Injury situation is unclear. He may miss zero games or a few. If there was more on this injury it would make this decision easier. That said, Reynolds is a somewhat pedestrian talent anyway.

* K. Miller (NO RB) - J. Williams out for a while per the coach, but K. Miller is full go at practice apparently and will be available. Maybe T. Smith in the mix? Same with T. Hill? And Kamara coming back in week 4. I keep hearing about Miller's talent and he's always on everyone's stash list.

Holding McKinnon due to being in the KC offense and he's proven explosive in spurts.

Drop McKinnon or hang on?
I'd roll the dice with Kendre Miller. I think he has superior upside to the other guys, as he could have much more year long value.

Standard scoring non-ppr league. I need 1 flex out of these 4, assuming Aaron Jones is playing. If not, I will need 2. Please rank if you can:

Ford vs Ten
Moss vs Bal
Lockett vs Car
Pitman vs Bal
Non-PPR hurts Pittman a lot in my eyes. I'd rank them:
Jones>Ford>Moss>Lockett>Pittman

Got quite a few decisions that I guess other players might be pondering, will have a scan through the thread and give thoughts on stuff posted at lunch

Half PPR, pick one, leaning Pacheco but could do with a backup option if this hamstring thing sees him ruled out:

Pacheco vs Bears (if active)
Herbert @ Chefs
Achane vs Broncos
Warren @ Raiders

PPR, multiple flex options and multiple injury issues, so order these:

Allgeier @ Lions
Pacheco vs Bears
Sanders @ Seahawks
Edwards vs Colts
Meyers vs Stealers

PPR, free agent/trade affected cluster, pick two:

Mattison vs Clippers
Ford vs Titans
Pierce @ Jags

6/passing TD:

Watson vs Titans
Love vs Saints

4/passing TD, leaning Stroud:

Carr @ Packers
Stroud @ Jags
Pacheco>Herbert>Warren
Sanders>Pacheco>Edwards>Allgeier>Meyers
Mattison>Ford>Pierce...I think the Vikings try to establish the run more this week, in a good matchup.
Watson>Love...Titans are a pass funnel. Love has been very lucky so far.
Carr>Stroud...just hating betting on garbage time.

Really need a win as I didn't quite trust my instincts last week and it burned me.

Half PPR- need a bit of pop.

Pick 1 RB - Kelley vs. Min, Najee vs. Raiders, Z.Moss vs Ravens
Pick 1 flex - Any of the above or Jeudy vs. Phins

Right now, I'm going with Kelley and Jerry due to theoretical upside and possible higher scoring games. Moss has a good projection but the Ravens on the road just don't seem fun for a guy that hasn't 't proven a lot, and Najee has a great matchup but the Steelers just aren't running the ball a lot and are setting him up to fail with Shotgun runs and crappy runs overall.

However, I could be swayed with any more data. Thanks!
I think Kelley is a lock if Ekeler is out. The 2nd spot is close, but I'm leaning ever so slightly toward Najee. This is kind of a make-or-break game for him, if it doesn't happen against the Raiders, its not happening at all.

I lost Chubb last week, was feeling very sorry for myself initially but having picked up Kyren off of waivers last night somehow, ready to go again. Standard scoring, need 3 from the following:

D.Swift @ Bucs - hate chasing prior week's points but he looked good
K.Williams @ Bengals - based on his first 2 weeks, a must start?
J.Kelley @ Vikings - horrible last week but much better matchup assuming Ekeler is out
D.London @ Lions - Looked more like it last week
N.Collins @ Jags - big first couple of weeks, especially last week
Aiyuk vs Giants - Came down with a bump and got banged up last week, assuming he even plays

Thank you so much for any advice
Williams and Kelley are locks for me, 3rd spot is closer, but I like Swift just a hair more than Collins.

12 team 0.5 PPR. Please pick one to SIT:

D. Hopkins @ CLE
J. Jeudy @ MIA
J. Ford vs TEN
DJ Moore @ KC

My top two to sit are DHOP and Ford in touch matchups - but not sure.

Thanks in advance!
I'd sit Hopkins

.5 ppr

Waller @ SF

or

Hunter Henry @ NYJ

.5 ppr

Waller @ SF

or

On waivers: Ertz v Dall or LaPorta v Atl
I'd stay the course with Waller. He's leading the position in yards so far.

Thanks @Chaka for pointing me in the right direction.

Disgusting group of running backs I have to pick two from with one going tonight.

Half Point PPR

Gus Edwards (probably easiest start with Hill toe news)
Herbert
Breida
Kendre Miller
Sean Tucker (No)
I'd go Miller and Edwards.

SF, need two QBs. I’m an underdog this week
Tannehill vs browns
Watson vs titans
Carr vs packers

I think they’re all about the same tier
I'd sit Tannehill. Browns pass rush vs Titans OL is about as bad a matchup as there is for anyone this week.

12 team PPR. Need an Aiyuk replacement at WR. Options:

* E. Moore vs TN -- Lousy TN secondary, but D. Watson a lousy QB right now. A. Cooper practicing.
* R. Doubs vs NO - Tough matchup. Lattimore is matching up with somebody. Watson could be back and it seems like Love is spreading it around.
* KJ Osborn vs LAC -- Game could be a shootout. Getting snaps as the #2 even though Addison getting all the love. Could be enough to go around against a lousy LAC secondary.
* T. Dell @Jax - Getting targets. Should have had a second TD last week. Looks like Stroud will have to throw since they can't open up holes for Pierce. Not a great matchup but could be playing catchup.

Which?

Thanks!
Just no clue here.

Osborn & Dell make the most sense but this choice is as much a coin toss as any o can imagine.

Ultimately, I think you have to go with the best matchup/highest scoring potential.

Osborn>Dell>Doubs>E.Moore

Need a flex in 12 team PPR.

* D. Pierce @Jax -- JAX playing tough D. Not a great matchup at all. HOU running game not there with O line injuries, but he's getting touches.
* K. Herbert @KC - The R. Johnson takeover didn't happen, but the entire CHI offense looks a mess right now. KC playing good D.
* J. Warren @LV -- Warren producing with touches and it seems 45/55 to Harris right now. LV D terrible especially against receiving backs. Warren breakout game?

Which?

THanks!
This is one is pretty clearly Warren for me.

Best matchup in a an almost complete timeshare.

And I'm avoiding Bears for the near future so

Warren>Pierce>Herbert

Wavering on my potential Burrow replacement this week (who I may start even if Burrow does play). Was originally thinking Carr before he crapped the bed on Monday, then flirted with Stroud (Jax) before picking up Baker (Phi). But I just realized that Russ is currently QB5 and has a good matchup against Miami, and I'm starting to wonder. Could I possibly trust him?

One advantage to Baker is that both he and Burrow play on Monday, so I could wait until then, when we'll hopefully have a little more clarity on Burrow, to make a decision. But ultimately, I should start the best option
Phili's pass defense has looked plenty bad (Minnesota can do that but Mac Jones too?) and Baker is playing very well.

Wilson, however is playing better than Mayfield. Miami's pass defense has been decent so far but not special. I could absolutely see starting Wilson.

To me the question is how much you trust Burrow's health. He just doesn't look right. The Bengals are desperate for a win but I wonder if they would be beat served giving Burrow a week off.

Probably a stupid call on my part but
Wilson>Mayfield>Burrow
I almost wonder if this is one of those decisions where it's less about expected points and more just about psychological comfort. If I start Russ and he stinks, will I be that much angrier with myself?

New Here - not seeing how to post a new WDIS. Sorry if I'm in the wrong place, if so can you direct me please?

12 team league 1/2 pt ppr. I need to start 2 of these WR's:
Nico Collins, Jay Flowers, C Ridley, DJ Moore, Gabe Davis

Thanks in advance!
Scott
Ridley is a lock I think, I think I'd lean Collins in the other spot.

Chubb / Akers victim here.

Standard League - WDIS as my RB2:

Breida @ SF
Charbonnet v Car
Gibson v BUF

I guess I'm victim to the 2 second options as well :wink:
I think you have to start Breida out of that group. He's the only one I think is a lock for 5+ touches.

ppr
Tank Dell @ Jax
Kendre Miller @ GB
I'd roll with Miller. Dell is still the #3 option in Houston.

12 team PPR League. 2nd round of waivers clearing early Friday. Looking for a ranking of these WW RBs in order to prioritize.

* T. Spears
* C. Akers
* T. Bigsby
* J. McKinnon

Notes:

- I'm maxing out my RBs. This would be my #8 RB. Went zero RB more or less so constantly stockpiling RBs all season.
- Don't need a starter this week. This is thinking more medium to long term. If startable in the short term...gravy.

Thanks
Spears>Bigsby>Akers>McKinnon

The rookies maybe have tougher paths, but the upside is so much higher.

10-team 1 pt PPR:

- Aiyuk v NYG (tonight)
- AJones v Saints
- Jeudy @ Miami
I think Jones is a lock if he's active.

QB (4pt per pass TD)
Justin Fields @ KC :cry:
or
Danny Jones @ SF :sadbanana:

Flex, pick one (PPR)
Joshua Kelley @ MIN(assuming Ekeler doesn't play)
Garrett Wilson vs NE
DJ Moore @ KC
I think Fields is the way to go here.

Kelley in the likely scenario Ekeler is out.

A two parter:

FPC scoring:

Need a TE:
P.Freiermuth @ LAV
D.Njoku vs Tenn

Then need ONE flex:

Whichever TE is NOT chosen
A.Mattison vs LAC
S.Moore vs Chi
I go Njoku at TE, and Mattison at flex. I don't think Akers sees much work at all this week.

Pick 2, ppr
J.Kelley @Min
J.Ford vTen
J.Warren @LV
D.Pierce @Jax
Kelley and Ford.

No PPR .. Pick 1

Etienne vs Texans
JJacobs vs Steelers
What an embarrassment of riches to have to sit one of these guys. I'd go Etienne with the better matchup.

Full PPR

Need 2 WR 1RB 1 WRT
Chase v LAR
(Browning may start)
Waddle v DEN
(concussion protocol)
Pacheco v CHI
(LP hamstring)
Addison v LAC
JSN v CAR
Muth @ LV
Roschon @ LC
Warren @ LV
RB: Pacheco (Warren if he's out)
WR: Chase, Waddle (Addison if he's out)
WRT: Addison (JSN if Waddle is out)

2 tough decisions. Both are .5 PPR

1)Lockett Vs Panthers
Or
DJ Moore at Kansas City

2)Swift at Tampa
Godwin Vs Philly
McLaurin Vs Buffalo
PICK ONLY 1 TO START

Thanks!
1. Lockett

2. Swift

Wavering on my potential Burrow replacement this week (who I may start even if Burrow does play). Was originally thinking Carr before he crapped the bed on Monday, then flirted with Stroud (Jax) before picking up Baker (Phi). But I just realized that Russ is currently QB5 and has a good matchup against Miami, and I'm starting to wonder. Could I possibly trust him?

One advantage to Baker is that both he and Burrow play on Monday, so I could wait until then, when we'll hopefully have a little more clarity on Burrow, to make a decision. But ultimately, I should start the best option
I'd go with Russ. He's been solid, and Miami is somewhat of a potential shootout.

12 team PPR. Need an Aiyuk replacement at WR. Options:

* E. Moore vs TN -- Lousy TN secondary, but D. Watson a lousy QB right now. A. Cooper practicing.
* R. Doubs vs NO - Tough matchup. Lattimore is matching up with somebody. Watson could be back and it seems like Love is spreading it around.
* KJ Osborn vs LAC -- Game could be a shootout. Getting snaps as the #2 even though Addison getting all the love. Could be enough to go around against a lousy LAC secondary.
* T. Dell @Jax - Getting targets. Should have had a second TD last week. Looks like Stroud will have to throw since they can't open up holes for Pierce. Not a great matchup but could be playing catchup.

Which?

Thanks!
Moore>Doubs>Dell>Osborn

Need a flex in 12 team PPR.

* D. Pierce @Jax -- JAX playing tough D. Not a great matchup at all. HOU running game not there with O line injuries, but he's getting touches.
* K. Herbert @KC - The R. Johnson takeover didn't happen, but the entire CHI offense looks a mess right now. KC playing good D.
* J. Warren @LV -- Warren producing with touches and it seems 45/55 to Harris right now. LV D terrible especially against receiving backs. Warren breakout game?

Which?

THanks!
I guess Pierce. Just don't trust Warren's workload yet, and KCs D is even better than Jags D.

This is gross but it is what it is this week. Need a 2nd RB to start. Full PPR

Dalvin Cook against the Pats
AJ Dillon against the Saints
Devon Achane against the Broncos

Thanks in advance

This is gross but it is what it is this week. Need a 2nd RB to start. Full PPR

Dalvin Cook against the Pats
AJ Dillon against the Saints
Devon Achane against the Broncos

Thanks in advance
Unfortunately it's a total coin toss IMO.

I guess Dillon is a bigger part of GBs offense if everyone is available. But, really it's a coin toss.

The argument for Achane is he's on a very good offense but what's his role?

Cook hasn't looked good, the offense is not strong and New England can play strong defense (although Mostert torched them last week).

With zero confidence
Dillon>Achane>Cook

With Aiyuk out I need a new flex, 1 ppr:

G Pickens vs LV
T Dell vs Jax
D Pierce vs Jax
S Perine vs Mia
C Reynolds vs Atl

Leaning towards one of the WRs, only listed the 3 RBs because ESPN has them all projected around the same 9-10 pts. Pierce seems an auto bench until the OL gets healthy, Perine is just a drag, I can't see Reynolds getting more touches than Gibbs. Pickens is probably safer with DJ out, but Dell is the sexy new add :lol:
After what Pickens did last week I can't imagine why you would consider any of the others.

Pickens>Dell>>the others

Tannehill vs browns
Watson vs titans
Carr vs packers

No to Tannehill. Fine QB but that offense is allergic to passing.

Watson and the Browns look very off. Maybe they rally and Watson can still supplement his production on the ground a little bit but he is so difficult to trust.

The Saints running game is decimated. Maybe Kendre Miller is the panacea they are hoping for but it seems like, with the talent at the skill positions this offense will mostly run through the QB. Carr isn't prolific by any stretch but he seems to have the best ceiling/floor combo of your options IMO.

Carr>Watson>Tannehill
Thanks.
I just traded tannehill and a couple picks for Dak. Presumably I should start Dak @ AZ and Carr?

One more:
FPC scoring:
Need TWO flexes:

D.J. Moore @ K.C.
S. Moore vs Chi
A. Thielen @ Sea
R. Shaheed @ GB(Have Olave starting)

Tannehill vs browns
Watson vs titans
Carr vs packers

No to Tannehill. Fine QB but that offense is allergic to passing.

Watson and the Browns look very off. Maybe they rally and Watson can still supplement his production on the ground a little bit but he is so difficult to trust.

The Saints running game is decimated. Maybe Kendre Miller is the panacea they are hoping for but it seems like, with the talent at the skill positions this offense will mostly run through the QB. Carr isn't prolific by any stretch but he seems to have the best ceiling/floor combo of your options IMO.

Carr>Watson>Tannehill
Thanks.
I just traded tannehill and a couple picks for Dak. Presumably I should start Dak @ AZ and Carr?
That's what I would do.

One more:
FPC scoring:
Need TWO flexes:

D.J. Moore @ K.C.
S. Moore vs Chi
A. Thielen @ Sea
R. Shaheed @ GB(Have Olave starting)
I guess you have to go with DJ because he's not far the best talent. It's not ideal but you don't have much else.

After that you have three guys who get limited looks. It's a coin toss so I guess I go with the one with the best QB & Matchup

Sky>Shaheed>Thielen

Got a bit of a pickle this week:

half PPR Superflex I need two RBs and a flex out of the following:

Nico Collins @ Jax
D Henry @ Cle (I also have Spears)
Josh Kelley @MIN
J Cook @ WAS

Currently have Puka and ASB in at WR (not feelin the best about ASB). I feel like Henry is a bit banged up vs a solid CLE D, but hard to bench the Yeti for someone like Kelley. Cook seems like a must start with the new dad boost (tm). Might be overthinking all of this.

Got a bit of a pickle this week:

half PPR Superflex I need two RBs and a flex out of the following:

Nico Collins @ Jax
D Henry @ Cle (I also have Spears)
Josh Kelley @MIN
J Cook @ WAS

Currently have Puka and ASB in at WR (not feelin the best about ASB). I feel like Henry is a bit banged up vs a solid CLE D, but hard to bench the Yeti for someone like Kelley. Cook seems like a must start with the new dad boost (tm). Might be overthinking all of this.
I get the allure of Kelley but are you really asking if you should bench Derrick Henry?

Kelley @ Minnesota is a very tasty matchup and it really feels like everyone should start every player they have against both the Chargers & Vikings. Despite a disappointing outcome Kelley had an 80% snap share and 14 opportunities. While I do consider him a liability in the passing game, your league is only 0.5 PPR so I think that is survivable as I expect there to be a lot of scoring in the dome this Sunday.

Cook is a versatile player and if it was full PPR I might go with him over Kelley, but it's not. Also don't sleep on the Commanders defense, they have a ton of first round talent on the defensive line and they can wreak mayhem. Throw in a tropical storm warning and I'm okay with being a little bearish.

Henry>Kelley>Cook

For flex it's between Cook & Nico and that's almost a push. Both could be similarly impacted by weather, if at all so I think I lean towards Cook as being more versatile in the opportunities to get him the ball. But it is very close.

Cook>Nico

In Flex:

Taysom Hill at GB or Tyler Allgeier at Detroit?

4 pt pass TD, .5 ppr.

I'm a slight underdog, so feels like Hill is better with a higher ceiling but it's tough to say.

In Flex:

Taysom Hill at GB or Tyler Allgeier at Detroit?

4 pt pass TD, .5 ppr.

I'm a slight underdog, so feels like Hill is better with a higher ceiling but it's tough to say.
It is tough to say. Hill has appeal in potentially capturing some kind of bizarre game where he rushes, catches and throws a TD. He's a game winner in that regard. He's also a game loser. He's been in on 14% and 40% of snaps the first two games. He got moderate usage last week after they lost Jamaal so the presumption is he will continue that usage this week. Kendre Miller's return muddies that up a bit but Hill should still see some kind of bump from a 14% snap count. Is that enough to warrant the risk that he has another dud game?

Allgeier was in on 56% & 44% of the snaps through the first two games. He had 18 & 16 opportunities. He's definitely going to see work with potentially some goal line opportunities. Do you bench him because he hasn't been very exciting (I would argue that 2 TDs in week one were plenty exciting)?

Personally, I get the appeal and you should 100% go with your gut. Personally I don't like chasing Hill's potential.
Allgeier>Hill

This is where we ask questions and offer help.

Thank you to all the posters who come here to offer that help.

A couple notes:

I attempt to give well considered responses to all questions posted. I can't get to everything, but I'll try.

1) This only works if people participate. If you ask for help it is good form to offer help to someone else.

2) It helps if you post the matchup. e.g. Cousins vs Den or James Cook @ Mia

3) Please post important league scoring considerations (e.g. PPR, super-flex etc).

4) Please go easy on the nicknames, save that for other threads. We can't help if we don't know who you are talking about.

View this as an exercise to help focus your thoughts about teams in general. Players you own may not be involved in these WDIS questions but certainly you will own players on many of these teams. Analyzing other players will help you identify things you may have otherwise not considered.

On to week 3!!
I have a Flex question - 1/2 point ppr. Who's the better start this week:

Mattison: a "get right game" for him? Or
J Fowers: Looks like an emerging star... but his targets did go down with Andrews back

Thanks in advance !
Scott

Be mindful of Ophelia. The tropical storm will make landfall tomorrow, but will still be causing rain and wind on Sunday for the IND@BALT, BUF@WASH, and NE@NYJ games.

A couple notes:

I attempt to give well considered responses to all questions posted. I can't get to everything, but I'll try.

1) This only works if people participate. If you ask for help it is good form to offer help to someone else.

3) Please post important league scoring considerations (e.g. PPR, super-flex etc).

4) Please go easy on the nicknames, save that for other threads. We can't help if we don't know who you are talking about.

View this as an exercise to help focus your thoughts about teams in general. Players you own may not be involved in these WDIS questions but certainly you will own players on many of these teams. Analyzing other players will help you identify things you may have otherwise not considered.

On to week 3!!

J Fowers: Looks like an emerging star... but his targets did go down with Andrews back

Thanks in advance !
Scott
Not terrible options and tough call.

Gotta love the Charger/Viking matchup and Akers is apparently not going to play. Thisay be Mattison's audition to keep the starting job.

OBJ is out for Baltimore but Andrews is still there. Weather is also a concern.

It's close, and you should go with your gut, but I'm leaning
Mattison>Flowers

A couple notes:

On to week 3!!

Thanks in advance !
Scott
Not terrible options and tough call.

Gotta love the Charger/Viking matchup and Akers is apparently not going to play. Thisay be Mattison's audition to keep the starting job.

OBJ is out for Baltimore but Andrews is still there. Weather is also a concern.

It's close, and you should go with your gut, but I'm leaning
Mattison>Flowers
Thanks! Yeah, I was leaning that way. Mattison should get a couple goal line looks if this is the high scoring game they predict. Also: If he plays well it may be a good time to trade him to get value elsewhere.

:sadbanana:
PPR .6 per run/pass:
EZ Eliott at jets
or
Lativious Murray at Wash
Both matches could be effects by Ophelia. Feel like the Patriots game is gonna be closer than it should be but the ball is going to be run a ton. No idea what that means for the backfield as we haven't really seen a run-heavy script from the Pats this year.

I like the odds of Murray flopping into the end zone for a TD more than Zeke. Harris seems like the odd man out in BUF.

I usually try to wait on these questions, because what seems like a hard call at the beginning of the week seems much more obvious a couple days later. But these have me genuinely stumped:

0.5 PPR
WR: Hopkins (@Cle) vs. Meyers (Pitt) -- Would be a no-brainer if DHop were healthy, but the fact that the injury seemed to limit him last week in what should have been a plus matchup has me worried. And Cleveland is a much worse matchup. Meanwhile, I was high on Meyers coming into the season, and he looked good Week 1. But he's the WR2 at best on a mediocre offense.
TE: Henry (@NYJ) vs. LaPorta (vs Atl) -- Feels like the rookie is coming on. Their numbers have actually been relatively similar the first two weeks, other than the two TDs Henry has scored. Which are not nothing; they clearly targeted him in the red zone.

I usually try to wait on these questions, because what seems like a hard call at the beginning of the week seems much more obvious a couple days later. But these have me genuinely stumped:

0.5 PPR
WR: Hopkins (@Cle) vs. Meyers (Pitt) -- Would be a no-brainer if DHop were healthy, but the fact that the injury seemed to limit him last week in what should have been a plus matchup has me worried. And Cleveland is a much worse matchup. Meanwhile, I was high on Meyers coming into the season, and he looked good Week 1. But he's the WR2 at best on a mediocre offense.
TE: Henry (@NYJ) vs. LaPorta (vs Atl) -- Feels like the rookie is coming on. Their numbers have actually been relatively similar the first two weeks, other than the two TDs Henry has scored. Which are not nothing; they clearly targeted him in the red zone.
Yeah I'm pretty neutral about Hopkins, with a gimpy ankle and a low powered passing game on the road against a good defense.

I may like Meyers a little more because he appears to be the clear #2 in the offense and we know he's an option near the goal line.

Neither is a particularly exciting option but
Meyers>Hopkins

I also have no problem with choosing LaPorta at home even with Henry being red hot. It looks like Goff trusts him and he seems very consistent. Nothing wrong with rolling him out at home with a neutral matchup.

I think we all believe Henry's production is unsustainable but before we absolutely write that in pen we should remember that Bill O'Brien was the offensive coordinator in New England when they unleashed Gronkowski & Hernandez. If the Pats really don't have any other options in the passing game Henry may be in for a big year. But the Jets defense is not the Dolphins or the Eagles so the matchup is a concern, and there may be issues with weather too.

It's very close and a total WAG but
LaPorta>Henry

IDK think I'd still go with DHop bc of his massive market share - he's going to be the first read even banged up (& he was gutting through it last week)

LaPorta could be in line for a nice day. Amon-Ra will have a steel plate in his cleat - it's a toe sprain, not turf toe - and Reynolds is dealing with a groin issue. Goff has great splits at home and growing trust in his rookie, spoke about him glowingly on his weekly radio interview this week.

Appreciate the feedback!

Standard scoring full PPR

RB (x2)
Rhomandre
Mostert
B Robinson
Tyjae Spears if Henry is out?

Flex (x1)
Amari Cooper or a RB from above not selected (starting Amon Ra and Diggs @ WR)

TE
Kincaid
Musgrave (leaning Kincaid as NO is a tough D)

THANK YOU

Dynasty, start 1 QB 6pt

Benching Burrow and trying to decide between Dak and Sam Howell. Leaning Sam.
The logic being the Cowboys blow the Cards out and end up running 40x?

I am impressed by Howell. Great comeback last week, he has good surrounding talent, seems to have all the physical tools etc. But he is raw and he fell short in the first half last week on 30 pass attempts. He threw only 9 times in the second half. Did he spark the comeback or did the defense and Brian Robinson? Taking on Buffalo with a suspect offensive line is a tall order. But, yes Howell could outperform Dak.

But, I would rather bet on Dak in the desert this week.

Dak>Howell

Appreciate the feedback!

Standard scoring full PPR

RB (x2)
Rhomandre
Mostert
B Robinson
Tyjae Spears if Henry is out?

Flex (x1)
Amari Cooper or a RB from above not selected (starting Amon Ra and Diggs @ WR)

TE
Kincaid
Musgrave (leaning Kincaid as NO is a tough D)

THANK YOU
I don't see Henry missing the game. He was a full go today.

I can't see benching Rhamondre in a PPR against any opponent.

Bit of a coin toss between Robinson & Mostert but, I guess I should probably stop betting against Mostert. He's been too good and I don't think he gets scripted out this week like he did against the Chargers.

Robinson has a tough matchup and I wonder if the Bills are going to try and force Howell to beat them this week. But he's getting the volume you want from an RB 1 and he's been producing.

Considering Deshaun Watson has struggled so much I think the best option would be to wait until we see if he can recover some of his old form before trotting out the guys that rely on him for production.

Rhamondre>Mostert>Robinson>Amari

I don't have a real opinion between the TEs. If they not named Kelce or Andrews, they're random number generators. Kincaid looks good enough to roll the dice on.

Kincaid>Musgrave

I'd be interested to hear who y'all are starting over Joshua Kelley. Right now, I'm benching Kelley for Nico Collins and Zay Flowers.

I'd be interested to hear who y'all are starting over Joshua Kelley. Right now, I'm benching Kelley for Nico Collins and Zay Flowers.
PPR? Also please try to include matchups in future posts.

A lot of people are certainly considering Kelley. He had a rough matchup last week but still saw 14 opportunities and an 79% snap share. He isn't Ekeler but it looks like the Chargers view him as the unquestioned next man up. The Chargers have a very good offense and the Vikings look to have a very bad defense. This reads like a high scoring game (caveat: last week I noted multiple times that Was @ Den looked like a 17-10 game so...) that could provide several GL opportunities. My biggest concern about him is he seems to be a liability as a receiver. That's a knock in PPR.

Nico looks like a legitimate target sponge and is a clear starter in PPR formats. The Jags have a good defense but not prohibitive IMO. My only real concern is what happens if the Texans ever figure out their running game? They're currently #3 in pass attempts & 20th in rush attempts (29th in rush yards). I can't imagine that is what Coach Ryan's wants from his offense. If those numbers balance out what kind of hit does the passing game, and Collins take. Personally 1) I doubt that happens this week & 2) I think Nico is the last WR that is going to take a hit. Dell and Woods will lose targets sooner and more often.

I love Flowers. He's just so much fun to watch and seems to be open constantly. But he's a bit of a wild card when it comes to his snap & target share. I am not sure how the loss of OBJ impacts him, if at all. I imagine his role will remain constant and Bateman/Aghlor will take up that share. The question is was last weeks drop in snaps (84%-77%) and targets (10-5) a product of Andrews return or being in a tougher game than week one?

For me
Nico>Kelley>Flowers

12-Man PPR

Pick Two:
Kendre Miller @ GB
or
Tyler Allgeier @ DET
or
Swift @ TB

+ Should I replace my flex of DJ Moore @ KC with the extra of the three?

I'm really looking for who has the most potential to do very well, since I have a tough matchup this week.

Users who are viewing this thread