What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Weather (1 Viewer)

SteelerMurf

Footballguy
Set your lineup, forget about it.

If you want to point to the London game, forget it, that field is not a football field and not designed to be played by 300 pound men in the game of football.....it's designed for a few spread apart 150 lb men

OK, 50 mph winds, OK bench some passing people

HTH

Last edited by a moderator:
Set your lineup, forget about it.If you want to point to the London game, forget it, that field is not a football field and not designed to be played by 300 pound men in the game of football.....it's designed for a few spread apart 150 lb menHTH
GOT IT!I'll spread the word! :goodposting:

1 p.m. games

Cleveland at Baltimore – Cloudy. High in the lower 50s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

Arizona at Cincinnati – Clearing skies. High in the mid 40s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

Carolina at Green Bay – Clearing skies. High in the lower 40s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

San Diego at Jacksonville – Partly cloudy. High in the lower 70s. Light east winds.

Miami at Philadelphia – Cloudy with rain showers possible. High near 50. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

4 p.m. games

Pittsburgh at N.Y. Jets – Cloudy with rain showers possible. High in the mid 40s. East winds 5 to 10 mph.

Washington at Dallas – Clearing skies. High in the upper 70s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

Chicago at Seattle – Partly sunny. Highs in the mid 40s. Light variable winds.

St. Louis at San Francisco – Partly sunny. High in the mid 60s. West winds 5 to 10 mph.

Sunday night

New England at Buffalo – Cloudy with snow showers possible. Temperature in the mid 30s. East winds 5 to 10 mph.

Monday night

Tennessee at Denver – Partly cloudy. Temperature dropping through the 50s. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

:goodposting:

Deuce said:
Think the conditions had anything to do with Manning and the Colts last week?
How? Just cause Manning had a bad game doesn't mean it had anything to do with the weather.DB's didn't have any problems holding on to Mannings passes :shrug:

SteelerMurf said:
Set your lineup, forget about it.If you want to point to the London game, forget it, that field is not a football field and not designed to be played by 300 pound men in the game of football.....it's designed for a few spread apart 150 lb menOK, 50 mph winds, OK bench some passing peopleHTH
Weather can definitely be a factor. To use the Steelers as an example this season, I needed Parker to come through in the rain a couple weeks ago. You could tell based on the footing he was unlikely to rip a long run or have a big night. He didn't... I lost.

SteelerMurf said:
Set your lineup, forget about it.If you want to point to the London game, forget it, that field is not a football field and not designed to be played by 300 pound men in the game of football.....it's designed for a few spread apart 150 lb menOK, 50 mph winds, OK bench some passing peopleHTH
Weather can definitely be a factor. To use the Steelers as an example this season, I needed Parker to come through in the rain a couple weeks ago. You could tell based on the footing he was unlikely to rip a long run or have a big night. He didn't... I lost.
:goodposting:

Weather is a factor. I am benching McNabb this week and going with Eli - because of the weather. Footballs are tougher to catch in a cold downpour.

Of course, this means McNabb will throw 4 TDs and Eli will get knocked out of the game in the 1st Q.

SteelerMurf said:
If you had paid any attention to Parker vs. the Ravens over the last 2 years, you would have known that Parker would barely sniff 3 yards a carry. Balt. defense shut Parker down (as they always do), not the weather.

Exactly. Just took McNabb out myself and put Schaub in. Hopefully he throws for 3-4 touchdowns but with my luck....

Weather is a factor. I am benching McNabb this week and going with Eli - because of the weather. Footballs are tougher to catch in a cold downpour.Of course, this means McNabb will throw 4 TDs and Eli will get knocked out of the game in the 1st Q.

Tell that to anyone playing in Seattle on any given week. It also affects betting tendencies and point spreads. Weather makes a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread