What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Was Joe Buck especially terrible tonight? (1 Viewer)

drew726

Footballguy
That was the most emotionless final two minutes in a Superbowl I ever seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Add in the gigantic blown calls just in the 4th quarter alone of blaming Flozell Adams for a hold despite the video and ref identifying someone else (and insisting the ref got it wrong) and initially saying that there was clear pass interference on that last throw by Big Ben when the video showed ZERO contact at all, and FOX really should bump him down a few notches. Not sure why he's their top guy at all.

Add in the gigantic blown calls just in the 4th quarter alone of blaming Flozell Adams for a hold despite the video and ref identifying someone else (and insisting the ref got it wrong) and initially saying that there was clear pass interference on that last throw by Big Ben when the video showed ZERO contact at all, and FOX really should bump him down a few notches. Not sure why he's their top guy at all.
I thought that Troy said that it was PI, but he backed away from that on the replay.

I think you either like Joe Buck or you don't. I like Joe Buck but I see your point. Adding drama through play calling is not his strong suit and for a game like a SB maybe he shouldn't be the guy calling it.For Fox, who would you have liked in there?

The way Joe Buck called it, he made it sound like Pittsburgh still had 3 time outs and can get another chance.

I thought that Troy said that it was PI, but he backed away from that on the replay.
Buck said it first and then Troy agreed with him. And then they showed the replay which showed ZERO contact and THEN Buck said "well, when they show that angle, it doesn't look quite as bad." :lmao: :towelwave:

He's one step above listening to the game in a foreign language. I almost went for the SAP button tonight.

At times I actually had to flick it over to listen to Buck as Thiesmann was horrendous.

"When you live by the pass sometimes the pass will pass you by"

Sheesh.

Not like the Steelers did anything to make it emotional. They flamed out. Last thing I want is for Buck or any other announcer to be manufacturing excitement that just isn't there.

Gus Johnson should call every NFL game.

It should be in the new CBA.
Someone like Mark Cuban should hire Gus Johnson to call the game on a webcast. Give people the option of choosing between the TV feed, or the standard radio broadcast, or the Custom Gus Johnson Webcast version. Who wouldn't pay $1.99 for that???

As a baseball fan him doing the World Series makes me sick. His Dad was probably one of the five best broadcasters ever, Joe is getting the spoils from Jack's work.

Thought the exact same thing - you would have thought it was a meaningless regular season game with the score 28-3.Granted, Buck isn't the most excitable guy out there, but as an announcer, you have to garner up some excitement when a team has the ball and a chance to win the Super Bowl on its last possession.

Buck said it first and then Troy agreed with him. And then they showed the replay which showed ZERO contact and THEN Buck said "well, when they show that angle, it doesn't look quite as bad." :thumbup: :lol:
Got it.

Everything about the NFL on Fox is terrible. Joe Buck has a boring, monotone voice which is perfect for a regular season Brewers/Pirates game, not the super bowl. The pregame show sucked. The robots suck. And I HATE how they tune down the crowd noise. It completely kills the excitement.

Users who are viewing this thread