What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

U2 - The Leftover 228 Unranked Tracks (1 Viewer)

Anarchy99

Footballguy
We are currently ranking the U2 song catalog in another thread, so I felt like wasting even more time to list out a bunch of other U2 related songs. U2 related means it can be work by the band, some of the band working together, or solo work outside the band. I will tell you upfront that not all of these recordings will be a) good sound quality, b) fully finished songs, c) very good, or d) things people will want to listen to very often.

The list will include bonus tracks, outtakes, demos, live songs, and lots of covers (cuz who doesn't like a bad cover song now and again?). Some songs will have been officially released, others . . . not so much. And I said 228 songs in the title . . . but it's closer to 270 songs. I started to rank them, but that was taking me forever. So instead, I will list them alphabetically . . . which will actually mix things up where there will be hot messes, total disasters, and some decent tracks all blended together.

I will try to post 10 songs a day to try to time together the ranking of the last batch of U2 songs in the main ranking thread found HERE.

46664 (Long Walk To Freedom) - BONO & EDGE
Features Bono, The Edge, David A Stewart, Abdel Wright, and Youssou N'Dour recorded at Capetown - 2003-11-29 as part of the 46664 HIV/AIDS campaign concert. IIRC, Nelson Mandela and Oprah Winfrey (and other luminaries) were in attendance. Not officially released.

A Different Kind Of Blue - PASSENGERS
From the Original Soundtracks 1 from 1995, a side project recorded with Brian Eno. Officially released.

A Dying Sailor To His Shipmates - BONO
From Rogue's Gallery: Pirate Ballads, Sea Songs and Chanteys, a 43-song collection of tracks about the sea. Released in 2006. Featured songs by Sting, Lou Reed, Bryan Ferry, and others. Officially released.

A Freak Like Me Needs Company - BONO & EDGE WITH PATRICK PAGE
From the soundtrack of the Broadway musical Spiderman: Turn Off The Dark in 2011. Bono and Edge wrote the lyrics and music to the play, which was one of the most expensive shows ever produced at a cost of $75 million. Officially released.

A Good Man - CANDY DULFER & DAVID A. STEWART (WITH BONO)
From the Cookie's Fortune Soundtrack in 1999, a film directed by Robert Altman and starring Glenn Close, Julianne Moore, Liv Tyler, Patricia Neal, Charles S. Dutton, and Chris O'Donnell. Bono with some backing vocals. Officially released.

A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall - U2 WITH THE ALARM
Recorded at Boulder - 1983-06-06. Cover of a Bob Dylan song. The Alarm was a British band that had a 10-year run in the 80s and opened for U2 on most of their War tour in 1982-83. It's the only performance of this song. Not officially released.

A Rainy Night In Soho - BONO & JOHNNY DEPP
Recorded at Dublin - 2018-01-15. Cover of The Pogues. Concert to celebrate the 60th birthday of Shane MacGowan (founder of The Pogues). Yes, Johnny Depp is also a guitar player . . . but not sure what he is doing at a concert tribute for an Irish singer with Irish musicians performed in Ireland with an all Irish crowd. Not officially released.

Across The Universe - BONO & VARIOUS ARTISTS
Live at the 2005 Grammy Awards. Includes Stevie Wonder, Billie Joe Armstrong, Alicia Keys, Steven Tyler, Norah Jones, Tim McGraw, Brian Wilson and Alison Krauss backed by Velvet Revolver. Cover of The Beatles. Not officially released.

Ahimsa - U2 & A.R. RAHMAN
Released as a single in 2019. Written and recorded with Rahman, an Indian recording artist. Ahimsa is the Sanskrit word for non-violence. The song was intended to celebrate the ethnical and spiritual diversity in India. Rahman stated that ahimsa requires courage and strength, and that the song is a celebration of non-violence and peace. Officially released.

Air Suspension - MOCEAN WORKER WITH BONO
From the Aural & Hearty album released in 2000. Mocean Worker is the recording alias of jazz musician and producer Adam Dorn. Dorn was part of the band that worked on The Million Dollar Hotel soundtrack. Bono contributes vocals to the track (maybe grumblings is a better description). Officially released.

Definitely bookmarking.

Might be worth adding with any of there tracks that you like, where you rank it in comparison to one ranked in the other thread.

All Kinds Of Everything - U2
Live cover and only performance of a song by Dana recorded Dublin - 1997-08-30. Part of Edge karaoke, a segment they did on the Pop tour after they played Staring At The Sun. Basically, they would have Edge sing to a prerecorded song that they usually rotated based on the location of the concert. It was usually a gag song (and Edge isn't going to win many vocal competitions. I may list most of the songs they did for Edge karaoke if I can find them, but I may just get sick of them. Not officially released.

All Of My Life - U2
The rumor is Bono played this demo pretty loud at his beach house in France in 2006 and someone recorded it from the beach. Said to have been a demo for and considered for No Line On The Horizon. I would like to hear the real version of this one . . . Edge has some really good guitar work in it. Not officially released.

All You Need Is Love - U2 & NOEL GALLAGHER
Beatles cover recorded London - 2015-10-26 as an outro to I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For. Only time performed. With Noel Gallagher from Oasis. Not officially released.

Alone In The Dark - THE HYPE (U2)
Demo from 1978 when the band was called The Hype. The band originally started out called Feedback (1976-77), then The Hype (1977-78), before settling in as U2. Not officially released. It sounds like early U2 from the Boy period. Not officially released.

Always Forever Now - PASSENGERS
Another ambient instrumental track from the Original Soundtracks 1 collaboration in 1995. The album sounds like a bunch of unfinished songs that bridged Zooropa and Pop. Officially released.

Amandla - BONO & EDGE & OTHERS
Another song from the 46664 HIV/AIDS concert in Capetown - 2003-11-29. With Queen, David A. Stewart (from Eurythmics), Anastacia, Youssou N'Dour, and Andrews Bonsu. Not officially released.

Amazing Grace - U2 & SOWETO GOSPEL CHOIR
From the 2011 Duals album. Not the same choir that appeared on I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For from Rattle & Hum. Officially released.

American Prayer - BONO & EDGE WITH BEYONCE
Back to the 46664 HIV/AIDS concert in Capetown - 2003-11-29. Written by Bono, Dave Stewart, and Pharrell Williams. I don't believe it's appeared on an album, although I would consider this a fully developed and completed song. Not officially released.

America's Song - WILL.I.AM WITH BONO (AND OTHERS)
Written by will.i.am, David Foster, and George Pajon, Jr. featuring will.i.am, Seal, Bono, Mary J. Blige, Faith Hill, and David Foster. Promotional single broadcast live on a special edition of The Oprah Winfrey Show aired on January 19, 2009, in honor of the inauguration of Barack Obama the next day. Officially released.

Anarchy In The USA - BONO
Outtake from The Million Dollar Hotel in 1999 and a bonus feature on the DVD. Bono having fun banging away on electric guitar. Officially released.

Angels Too Tied To The Ground - U2
Bonus track added to the War album in 2008. Originally recorded in 1983 but unfinished. Modified and vocals added when the band remastered their original albums and released extended versions with added tracks. Some interesting runs on piano but a relatively mellow song compared to the main album. Officially released.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are You Lonesome Tonight - U2
Live cover of the song made famous by Elvis Presley tune from Rotterdam - 1993-05-10 to close out the show. Not sure how to classify these types of performances when Bono breaks into acapella for a few verses of a song. Only time that he did that for this song. Not officially released.

Back Mask - U2
From the Achtung Baby Working Tapes in 1991. Some folks say this was a very early version of what became So Cruel, but I don't hear that. While the band was working on Achtung Baby, somehow their in process recordings got lost. I have heard varying accounts of what happened from they were tossed into a hotel trash can by accident, to they left them out in the studio and forgot about them, to someone found out where they were recording and stole them. Bottom line, 7 CDs worth of recordings made it out into the bootlegging universe. The songs surfaced under different album and collection names. I bought them on cassette when they first came out. Not officially released.

Bang A Gong (Get It On) - U2 WITH ELTON JOHN
From the Angel Headed Hipster: The Songs of Marc Bolan & T.Rex tribute album from 2020. Features Elton John on piano and backing vocals. Too campy and not energetic enough compared to the original (and certainly not anywhere near as rocking as the Power Station version). Not sure U2 was the right artist for this song. Officially released.

Batman TV Series Theme Song - EDGE
Apparently there was an animated TV show called The Batman that played on Kids WB and Cartoon Network. Edge wrote and performed the theme song that was used in the first 2 seasons (2004-2005). The show switched them songs for seasons 3 through 5. I don't know whether to call it officially released or not, as I don't think it's on an album anywhere.

Be There - U2
A demo / studio outtake recorded in 1982 as part of the songs considered for the War album. To date, it has not been included as a bonus track, digital download, or added to a box set, or rare tracks collection. Decent track, sets a mood, and has the makings of a decent song if they worked a little more on it. Not officially released.

Beach Sequence - PASSENGERS
Another track from the Original Soundtracks 1 album in 1995, this time a moody instrumental. Officially released.

Beat On The Brat - U2
Studio cover of The Ramones from the A Tribute To The Ramones: We're A Happy Family compilation from 2003. Decent version (but will never be confused with the original). Never performed live. Officially released.

Beautiful Ghost - Introduction To Songs Of Experience - U2
Originally recorded during The Joshua Tree sessions in 1987 . . . but not released until 2004 when the band added some demos and unreleased songs to their digital catalog. As discussed some in the main U2 song ranking thread, the band recorded all sorts of demos and studio sessions for each album. Some got finished, some didn't, some are tucked away in a vault somewhere. There are hundreds of tracks that at least merited having names. Maybe they are early versions of songs that evolved into different names. Officially released.

Because The Night - U2 / BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN / PATTI SMITH
From the Rock 'N' Roll Hall of Fame concert at Madison Square Garden on 2009-10-30. Bruce with a solid guitar outro. There will be a couple of other songs from that night listed later on. Officially released on The 25th Anniversary Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Concerts album from 2010.

Billy Boola - BONO & GAVIN FRIDAY
From the soundtrack to In The Name Of The Father released in 1993. The film starred Daniel Day-Lewis and  Emma Thompson and is about four people wrongly accused of a bombing. The soundtrack features songs from Jimi Hendrix, The Kinks, Bob Marley, Thin Lizzy, and Sinead O'Conner. This song is a bit different than standard Bono fare, as it is more of a dance / club track. Officially released.

Blow Your House Down - U2
There were several versions and incarnations of this song on the AB Working Tapes from 1991. The song dates back to the Rattle and Hum sessions. A crisper, sharper version finally appeared on the Super Deluxe and Uber Deluxe versions of Achtung Baby in 2012. Officially released. HERE is an earlier, longer version when it was entitled She's Gonna Blow Your House Down (with some solid guitar flourishes).

Blowin' In The Wind - U2
About as 180 degrees different as you can get musically than Blow Your House Down. Brief cover from Bono of the Bob Dylan song from Salt Lake City - 2011-05-24. Lead in to Where The Streets Have No Name. Bono also appeared on the song at a Bob Dylan performance with Carlos Santana at Slane Castle - 1984-07-08. Neither version officially released.

Blue Moon Rising - NOEL GALLAGHER WITH BONO
Studio track from an EP with the same name that came out in 2020. Bono provides grunts and background vocals. Officially released.

Book Of Your Heart - U2
A moody, sultry, more adult contemporary bonus track from Songs of Experience in 2017. Has a decent build up and crescendos into the traditional strong Edge finish. IMO, better than most of the regular album tracks. Officially released.

Born To Be Wild - U2
Another Edge karaoke number from Montpellier - 1997-09-15. Cover of the Mars Bonfire song made famous by Steppenwolf in 1968. Performed a total of three times on the PopMart tour.

Bottoms (Wata####achi No Ookina Yume) - PASSENGERS
A remixed, slightly stripped down, instrumental version of Zoo Station which ended up as a promo single or a B Side in 1995. I think it was packaged with Miss Sarajevo. It may have ended up on one of the fan club remix albums as well. Officially released.

Boy Falls From The Sky - U2
A song Bono and Edge wrote (but did not record) for Spider-Man Turn Off The Dark. At one point, the band had considered recording all the Spider Man songs with the full band, but that never materialized (or it did and they never released the tracks). However, the band performed this song one time at Coimbra - 2010-10-03. It's recorded from an inner ear monitor of Bono while he's performing, which is why you can hear someone else counting during the performance. Not officially released.

Bullet Proof Pride - K'NAAN WITH BONO
K'naan is a rapper / singer born in Somalia that lives in Toronto. Not sure how Bono got involved with him, but this is from the Concert For A Decade Of Difference show to celebrate the Clinton Foundation’s 10th Anniversary at the Hollywood Bowl on 2011-10-15, which apparently was streamed on Yahoo. Bono co-wrote the song, which would end up on a K'naan album the following year.

Carry Me Home - U2
Not great sound quality, but an early song the band played twice in 1981. This was from the show in London - 1981-06-09. That puts it in the time frame of the October album. It never materialized or appeared anywhere since then. Not officially released.

Cartoon World - U2
One of the early, early U2 songs, developed in 1979. This is a recording of the song from Dublin - 1980-02-26. It was one of the songs they considered for their Three EP and the Boy album. Performed 11 times. It eventually made it's way on a bonus CD included with the 2008 remastered edition of Boy. Officially released.

Children Of The Revolution - BONO
Bono's contribution to the Moulin Rouge soundtrack from 2001. It has Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me vibes and is generally a little more rock influenced than a lot of the other solo efforts from Bono. Officially released.

C'mon Everybody - U2
Live cover of an Eddie Cochran song from Self Aid in Dublin - 1986-05-17. This was the first time the band performed it. They played it 19 times between 1986 and 1987. The version from East Rutherford - 1987-05-15 was officially released, as the entire concert was released at one point.

Corpse (These Chains Are Way Too Long) - PASSENGERS
Back to Passengers from 1995 and Original Soundtracks 1. Somewhat a trance-y song with a pretty strange title. Officially released.

Could It Be - U2
Tentatively called Could It Be, it was supposedly recorded at a soundcheck or rehearsal for the PopMart tour in 1997. Some of the guitar has a Van Halen influence. Songs that haven't been released don't really have names, so it's hard to keep track of them. Definitely a different sound / style than other U2 songs. Not officially released.

Dancin' Shoes - BONO
From The Million Dollar Hotel: Music from the Motion Picture soundtrack from 2000. Doesn't sound like Bono singing, but it is. Officially released.

Dancing Queen - U2
Live cover of the song by ABBA. Members of ABBA joined them on stage to play it at Stockholm - 1992-06-11. Performed live 32 times . . . 31 on the ZooTV tour and once in Israel on the PopMart tour. Given all the other stuff they had to work with in 1992 . . . this seems like a really odd song choice. Not officially released.

Daydream Believer - U2 WITH DAVY JONES
Sure, U2 playing ABBA was weird. But U2 playing The Monkees? Get out of town. Another Edge karaoke selection, Jones steps in to finish the song. As bad as it sounds. Certainly not officially released.

Dear Prudence - U2
It appears we have hit a stretch with a bunch of covers. Bono has a thing for The Beatles, and he spontaneously starts into Dear Prudence leading into Sunday Bloody Sunday while at Tampa - 1992-10-10. Not great, not horrible, and a decent diversion. Never played before or after.

Desert Of Our Love - U2
A bonus track added to the deluxe edition for the 20th anniversary of The Josha Tree. Sounds a bit unfinished or not fully developed, but they sound like they are having fun recording it. Officially released.

Dirty Old Town - U2
The band rolled out Larry to sing this one 30 times on the ZooTV tour. This one came from the Basel - 1993-06-30 show. IIRC, it was written by and originally recorded by Ewan MacColl and later by The Pogues. Not officially released.

Disappearing Act - U2
The song originally was developed, recorded, but unfinished during The Unforgettable Fire sessions circa 1984. It sat untouched for almost 25 years. Many years later, the band added some additional instrumentation, keyboards, and vocals and released it on the remastered Unforgettable Fire album as a bonus track in 2009. The drumming and guitar parts fit the timeframe. Officially released.

Do They Know It's Christmas - BAND AID
We all know the song from 1984. Certainly not very U2 related, but Bono gets a verse. The Band Aid group with different people reassembled in 1989, 2004, and 2014. Officially released.

Doctor Doctor - U2
A slow ballad from the AB Working Tapes in 1991. It doesn't sound like other U2 songs all that much. Not officially released.

Don't Come Knocking - BONO & ANDREA CORR
From the 2005 film of the same name starring Sam Shephard, Jessica Lange, and Tim Roth. With Andrea Corr of The Corrs. Officially released on the film's soundtrack.

Don't Give Up (Africa) - ALICIA KEYS WITH BONO
Collaboration on the Peter Gabriel / Kate Bush song from 2005 as part of the Keep a Child Alive initiative to provide medication to treat AIDS for children and families, primarily in Africa. This was performed on Oprah's TV show. Officially released on iTunes.

Don't Let Me Down / Give Peace A Chance - U2
Another Beatles cover from U2's appearance for the Yes Campaign concert, an event to get people out to vote. They only played three songs. Only time they played this song. Recorded Belfast - 1998-05-18. Not officially released.

Don't Let The Teardrops Get You Down - U2
Back to the AB Working Tapes from 1991. An early version of Acrobat with different lyrics. Not officially released.

Don't Look Back In Anger - U2 & NOEL GALLAGHER
Cover of the Oasis song from London - 2017-07-08.The only time they played it, Not officially released.

Don't Say Goodbye - U2
AB Working Tapes again from 1991. AKA as Morning Child (Don’t Turn Around). It's the early development of Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses with different lyrics. Bono struggles with the vocals. As in they aren't very good. Not officially released.

Dove Of Peace - BRUNO & FRIENDS
From the end credits of the film Bruno in 2009. The song features Sacha Baron Cohen, Bono, Snoop Dogg, Elton John, Chris Martin, Slash, and Sting. Only appears in the film but not on a soundtrack album or single.

Down All The Days - U2
Another AB Working Tapes track, it's basically Numb with Bono singing a completely different melody and lyrics. His contributions were later dropped in favor of Edge's grumblings. Officially released on one of the deluxe editions of Achtung Baby.

Dream Of You - U2
Unreleased song from a Pop rehearsal or soundcheck from 1997 (no matter what the YouTube title says). Not officially released.

Dreaming With Tears In My Eyes - BONO
From The Songs Of Jimmie Rodgers: A Tribute album released in 1997. The compilation also features the likes of Jerry Garcia, Alison Krause, Van Morrison, John Mellencamp, Dickey Betts, Bob Dylan, and Van Morrison. The song really fits Bono's vocal range. Officially released.

Drunk Chicken / America - U2
Recorded during TJT sessions and then added to the deluxe edition / 20th anniversary edition in 2007. A very odd, quirky ditty of a song. Not really a song, but Bono taking over a background track. Oddly, officially released. 

Eden (To Find Love) - BONO
Bono co-wrote the song with Linda Perry of 4 Non Blonde. From the film on Discovery+ called Citizen Penn released in 2021. Of the song Bono told Rolling Stone “In this song I play God and Sean Penn plays Adam, having explained that it was me not Eve who got us thrown out of the Eden…or something like that. Linda helped me strip this all right back, and I even got our daughter Jordan on backing vocals. It’s a family affair.” Although not mentioned, the track features not one Hewson but three. Both Jordan and Eli Hewson are credited with vocals on the track. Eli is also credited with recording the backing vocals. Officially released.

Elvis Ate America - PASSENGERS
One of the few tracks from the Original Soundtracks 1 album from 1995 with lyrics in it. And they aren't very flattering when it comes to the King of Rock and Roll. Officially released.

Everybody Loves A Winner - U2 & MARIA MCKEE
Originally recorded during the AB sessions with Lone Justice singer Maria McKee on vocals. It sat tucked away for 20 years before finally getting officially released for the 20th anniversary edition of Achtung Baby as a bonus track.

Falling At Your Feet - BONO & DANIEL LANOIS
A moody offering from The Million Dollar Hotel Soundtrack back in 2000. U2 as a band or as individuals had a hand in performing 7 songs from the soundtrack. Officially released.

False Prophet - U2
Back to the early days for a demo from 1978. Said to be from their third recording session. Not officially released.

Father Is An Elephant - U2
A song that the band performed 4 times in November 1981. This was their debut performance. The sound quality is lacking, but it sounds like a song that would have fit on one of their first 2 or 3 albums. Bono was interviewed around that time and indicated he was working on this song, and another one called Assaulted By Underpants. That last one never made it into circulation. Father Is An Elephant pretty much vanished over the past 40 years. Not officially released.

Flower Child - U2
Developed for 2000’s All That You Can’t Leave Behind and included as a set of demo recordings included with The Complete U2 in 2004, a digital ‘box set’ released at the same time as the album How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb. Officially released.

Get Lucky - BONO & NILE RODGERS
Live cover of a Daft Punk song. From the after party after the (RED) Auction at Sotheby's in NYC in 2013. Not officially released.

Get Together Now - U2
A very early version of what turned into Even Better Than The Real Thing from 1990/91 and the AB Sessions. Not officially released.

Gimme Shelter - U2 & MICK JAGGER & FERGIE
Live cover of the Rolling Stones classic with Jagger and others. From the 2010 Rock HOF Concert. Officially released on The 25th Anniversary Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Concert.

Give Me Back My Job - CARL PERKINS & FRIENDS
The friends included Bono, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, and Tom Petty. A great little ditty from the Go Cat Go! album in 1996. Very Traveling Wilbury-ish. Officially released.

Glastonbury - U2
A new song that the band developed during soundchecks in 2010. It was played at 7 shows on the U2 360 tour, making its debut on August 6 in Turin, and last being played on August 21, 2010 in Helsinki (the version in the video). Some elements of Glastonbury were reworked into the song Volcano on 2014’s Songs of Innocence. Not officially released.

Gloria - VAN MORRISON & BONO
These two team up for a funky version of the Morrison penned / Them staple from the 60's. Recorded at VM's show in Dublin - 1993-02-06. Also has a snippet of Shakin' All Over. Not officially released.

Going Down South - U2
Back to the AB Working Tapes from 1990. Also known as Montgomery's Visit or Southern Instrumental. It sounds like a backing track (and no vocals on it yet). Can't say it sounds like anything that came out later. Not officially released.

GoldenEye - BONO
Not many people are aware that Bono and Edge wrote the theme song to the James Bond movie of the same name that was released in 1995. They were asked to record the song but declined. It was determined that Tina Turner would be a good fit, but she initially declined as well. Bono recorded this demo and sent it to her, and she eventually recorded it. Not officially released.

Good Times - BONO & EDGE
Another performance from the after party after the (RED) Auction at Sotheby's in NYC in 2013. This one is a cover of the song by Chic. Not officially released.

Hallelujah '95 - BONO
From the compilation tribute album Tower Of Song - The Songs Of Leonard Cohen from 1995. A very odd take on Hallelulah, with Bono blending spoken word and falsetto in the same song. Officially released. Lots of famous artists also appear on the album including Don Henley, Elton John, Billy Joel, Sting, and Peter Gabriel.

Happy Birthday - BONO & EDGE
Acoustic cover of a Stevie Wonder song recorded as a video to be played as a part of the celebration for Nelson Mandela's 90th birthday in 2008. Not officially released.

Happy XMas (War Is Over) - U2
Live cover of the John Lennon Christmas classic. From RTE Studios 'Late Late Show' in Dublin, recorded1988-12-16. Bono's voice generally seems to fit with Lennon's vocal range. Not officially released.

Heaven And Hell - U2
Originally one of the many bootlegged tracks from the 1991 AB recording sessions, the band officially released it as a bonus track for the 30th anniversary of AB. A slower number with a smooth Edge solo in the middle.

Help! - U2
Speaking of the Beatles, here is U2's version of Help! in 1986 but slowed down to a crawl with Bono taking the vocals with the rest of the band providing only subdued support. Officially released as part of ¡Released! The Human Rights Concerts - A Conspiracy Of Hope album. The song started out on the 1986 tour but carried over beyond that. Performed 71 times.

Here Come Changes - U2
Another outtake from the 1991 AB Working Tapes. It's mostly a long 9+ minute unfinished backing track. Not officially released.

Heroine - EDGE & SINEAD O'CONNOR
Edge wrote and recorded the soundtrack to the film Captive in 1986. Rather than include all the instrumental soundtrack songs, I included the main theme song from the movie. Officially released.

Heyday - BONO & GLEN HANSARD
Recorded in the streets of Dublin on Christmas Eve in 2011. It's a cover of a Mic Christopher son. Crazy as it seems, Bono goes busking in the streets pretty much every Christmas Eve and sings songs in the streets with the commoners. Seems a little unsafe to me, but so far no whack-a-doos have tried anything. Not officially released.

High As A Kite - U2
Another demo from the Achtung Baby era, this one evolved into Salome but with different lyrics. Not officially released.

Home On The Range - BONO
Bono serenades Warren Buffett at the Forbes 400 Summit with re-written lyrics to Home On The Range, hob knobbing with the one percenters in attendance. Not officially released.

Homeward Bound - STREET LIGHTS
Cover of the Simon & Garfunkel classic. Part of a fundraiser released in 2018 as a single with Bono (U2), Gary Lightbody (Snow Patrol), Conor O’Brien (Villagers), Cathy Davey, Saint Sister and David Geraghty (Bell X1), Loah, Roisin O, and Join Me in the Pines. Also appears on a charity compilation album of the same name. Officially released.

Honest - THE CHAINSMOKERS WITH BONO
I thought about leaving this one out, but Bono makes an appearance speaking at the very beginning of the son. From their debut album Memories... Do Not Open from 2017. Officially released.

Human Rights - U2
Somehow this ended up on a compilation album called Visionaire 53 Sound, officially released by Visionaire magazine in 2007. It was also featured on the Vertigo Tour.

I Am The Walrus - BONO
Bono takes another stab at The Beatles, but this one gets the full studio engineered experience. Recorded for the Across The Universe Soundtrack from 2007. I think this one is excellent. Officially released.

I Believe In Father Christmas - U2
U2's cover of Greg Lake's I Believe In Father Christmas, which was officially released as a digital single to support the RED Launch in 2008. I'm surprised this one doesn't get more air play when compared to Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) . . . which seemingly gets overplayed each holiday season.

I Feel Free - U2
Back to the AB Working Tapes from 1991 for an early version of what would turn into Until The End Of The World. Not sure what the wailing from Bono is all about, but all songs have to start out somewhere. Not officially released.

I Shall Be Released - U2 & FRIENDS
Another track from the Conspiracy of Hope tour in 1986, this one a cover of the Bob Dylan song. The friends include Sting, Joan Baez, Bryan Adams, Lou Reed, Jackson Browne, Little Steven, Nona Hendrix, Ruben Blades, and others that were on the bill at the show in New Jersey. Officially released on the ¡Released! The Human Rights Concerts - A Conspiracy Of Hope album.

I Wanna Be Around - BONO & TONY BENNETT
A lot of people will remember Bono's duet with Frank Sinatra . . . here's one with crooner Tony Bennett. From the album Duets: The Making Of An American Classic from 2006. Officially released.

I Want To Be Loved - U2
One of the unreleased songs that is tricky to identify, give a name to, and figure out where it came from. I don't believe the description on YouTube is accurate, but I do think someone's comment is more accurate (that it's most likely from a soundcheck from Melbourne in 1998). Not officially released.

I Wanted To Be Loved - U2
Another outtake said to be from the Achtung Baby sessions from 1991. Also known as Ode To Love. Who really knows where it came from? Not officially released.

If It Be Your Will - EDGE
Fill this one under I HAVE NO IDEA HOW THIS HAPPENED. Edge's version of a Leonard Cohen song . . . performed at the Sistine Chapel. Apparently, part of a conference on regenerative medicine through the Angiogenesis Foundation at the Vatican to find a cure for cancer in 2016. Not officially released.

In A Lifetime - CLANNAD WITH BONO
Some top shelf vocals from Bono on a track from Clannad's Macalla album released in 1984. Mostly forgotten but officially released.

In The Name Of The Father - BONO & GAVIN FRIDAY
Released as a single and on the soundtrack to the film with the same name starring Daniel Day Lewis from 1994. Officially released.

In The Night - THE PRUNES WITH EDGE
Edge plays guitar on this track from The Prunes Nada album from 1989. The Prunes were around from 1988-1991 and released 3 albums. They broke off from a band called The Virgin Prunes, which had Edge's brother in it. Officially released.

Inside Out - U2
One of the oldest tracks attributed to U2, said to be from April 1978 at a recording session at Keystone Studios. Edge with a very punk-like solo in this one. Sounds like a blend of 60's songs with a punk influence. Not officially released.

Instant Kharma - U2
Bono channels John Lennon again on a full-fledged studio version of the classic Lennon track with a hint of reggae. Officially released on the compilation album Instant Karma: The Amnesty International Campaign To Save Darfur from 2007.

Invisible Sun - THE POLICE WITH BONO
Bono joins forces with The Police on 1986-06-15 at the Meadowlands. Officially released on the ¡Released! The Human Rights Concerts - A Conspiracy Of Hope album. This was performed twice on the Conspiracy tour but the pairing was first seen in together at the Rock of the Tyne Festival on 1982-07-31. LINK

Ito Okashi - PASSENGERS
Back to the Original Soundtracks 1 album from 1995 for an oriental flavored instrumental. Officially released.

It's Not Unusual - U2
Another trek into the world of Edge karaoke, this time from Chicago - 1997-06-19. It's a cover of the Tom Jones song from the 60's. Not officially released.

Jack In The Box - U2
An oldie but a goodie from the pre Boy / Three era. Some say it was first developed in 1978, others in 1980. It's listed as having been performed live 5 times in that time frame. Sounds like a prototypical post punk U2 song. Not officially released.

Jitterbug Baby - U2
Back to the Achtung Baby Working Tapes. Said to be recorded in 1990. Also known as I Got My High Heel Love and Walking Shoes. If you like train wrecks, then this song is for you. I complete and total mess of a song. The music is all over the place, and Bono's mostly falsetto vocals are scary laughably ungood. Not officially released.

Joy - MICK JAGGER & BONO
From Jagger's Goddess in the Doorway album in 2001. Bono's part is said to have been recorded the day after the Elevation tour ended at Mick's home studio in France. Pete Townsend plays guitar. Officially released.

Jump Start My Heart - BONO WITH DANIEL LANOIS
This short song comes from the European version of the DVD release of the film The Million Dollar Hotel from 1999, included in a documentary segment called One Dollar Diary. It is not used in the film and does not appear on the soundtrack. Not officially released.

Kids - KYLIE MINOGUE & BONO
I often wonder how collaborations get off the ground and actually happen. Kids appeared on Kylie Monogue's Light Years album from 2000 . . . but Robbie Williams was the one singing the male vocal part. However, this is a live version Bono performed in Sydney on 2006-11-20 when U2 was in Australia for the Vertigo tour. Officially released on Kylie's Showgirl: Homecoming Live album. Their collaboration was released as a single the same week as U2's Beautiful Day came out.

Knockin' On Heaven's Door - U2
The band covers the Bob Dylan track as part of an appearance on an Irish TV show in 1986. The band has played the song 45 times from 1983-2010, but I do not believe any of them have been officially released.

L' Incontro - ANDREA BOCELLI & BONO
While the Elevation tour was in Europe and on a brief break, Bono took time to record the English sections of this song for Italian opera singer Andrea Bocelli. Officially released on his album Cieli Di Toscana / Tuscan Skies in 2001.

Laughing In The Face Of Love - U2
Back to the Achtung Baby recording sessions with a primitive, early stage version of So Cruel. Also known as Sick For Love. Fans of So Cruel might want to avoid this one. Not officially released.

Lean On Me - KIRK FRANKLIN
I am not totally sure who Kirk Franklin is, but in 1999 he got a group of performers to record a cover of the famous Bill Withers song in 1999. The recording features R. Kelly, Mary J. Blige, Crystal Lewis, Bono, Tamela Mann, and Dalon Collins on vocals and ended up earning a Grammy nomination that year. I believe in addition to a single, it was officially released on Franklin's The Nu Nation Project album. He must be pretty popular, as he's had several platinum albums.

Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat - BOB DYLAN & BONO
Bono has always been a Dylan fan, and this was their first collaboration together. Bono joined Dylan and his band on stage at Slane Castle on 1984-07-08. Bono would also appear at a Dylan show in Dublin in 1989 and sang on Knockin' On Heaven's Door and Maggie's Farm. Bono also played Heaven's Door again at a Dylan show in Vegas in 1999. Dylan made an appearance at a U2 show in L.A. in 1987, performing I Shall Be Released and Heaven's Door. Not officially released.

Let The Good Times Roll - QUINCY JONES WITH BONO
Another collaboration with some industry legends. Bono shared the spotlight with Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles on what sounds like a big band version of the song. From Jones' 1995 album entitled Q's Jook Joint. Must have been an interest conversation if Jones, Wonder, and Charles were sitting around discussing who they could bring in to push the song over the top and coming up with Bono.

Let Your Love Be Known - BONO
Bono recorded this as a tribute to Italians enduring the COVID crisis and then posted it on YouTube. Not officially released.

Let's Dance - BONO, EDGE & NILE RODGERS
If you ever wondered what happens when famous musicians get tipsy and jam together at an after party, this is a prime example. Cover of the chart topping David Bowie song. From the after-party in 2013 for the Jony Ives and Marc Newson curated (RED) Auction that raised over 12 million dollars for Product (RED) brand, which was co-founded by Bono. The (RED) Auction benefited The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria. Not officially released.

Levitate - U2
Levitate was a song developed for 2000’s All That You Can’t Leave Behind and was considered for The Million Dollar Hotel soundtrack. It got officially released as part of the Complete U2 digital only release in 2004. It was also added to the 20th anniversary deluxe edition of ATYCLB. Larry gets some licks in drumming on this one.

Life On A Distant Planet (AKA The Magic Carpet) - U2
Going all the way back to 1978 for this one, a demo and studio recording. It was performed 11 times from 78-80. Not officially released.

Little Black Dress - GAVIN FRIDAY (WITH BONO & EDGE)
Friday has been a friend of Bono's since they were teenagers in the 70's. Bono and Edge worked on this track from Friday's 1995 album Shag Tobacco.

Love Is In Need Of Love Today - STEVIE WONDER & BONO
Bono seems to always find himself teaming up with talented collaborators, and Stevie Wonder fits that profile. This one comes from the Dafur Now film released in 2007, although it did not appear on the official movie soundtrack. A re-recording of the song Wonder had written and recorded previously on Songs in the Key of Life in 1976.

Love Song / Sun City - SIMPLE MINDS & BONO
The last of the 3 appearances Bono made with Simple Minds. This one closed out the Dublin - 1986-06-28 Simple Minds show. Not officially released.

Love Will Tear Us Apart - U2 & ARCADE FIRE
Live cover of a Joy Division song from Montreal - 2005-11-28. Arcade Fire had opened for a leg of the Vertigo tour. Only performance of this song. Not officially released.

Love You Like Mad - U2
Another song developed for ATYCLB in 2000. Added to The Complete U2 collection in 2004. It definitely would have fit on the album and IMO is better than some of the tracks that ended up on the album. Officially released.

Lucifer's Hands - U2
This song started out in 1984 and became The Return Of The Stingray Guitar (will get to that one later), which they played live in 2010. The song got reworked and retooled and ended up called Lucifer's Hands, which was officially released as a bonus track on Songs Of Innocence in 2014 . . . 30 years after they first created it.

Lucille - THE DALTON BROTHERS
From the infamous show in Los Angeles - 1987-11-18. As the story goes, the bill was supposed to have been: The BoDeans, Los Lobos, The Pretenders, and U2 headlining (which was one heck of a line up). But Los Lobos got delayed and stuck in L.A. traffic and couldn't make the gig. So U2 donned costumes, fake accents, and went on stage in their place and played a couple of country twangy songs. The band as U2 played the song 10 other times on TJT tour. IIRC, officially released on The Joshua Tree album Remastered Super Deluxe DVD edition in 2007. A lot more funny than good.

Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds - BONO
Back to the Across The Universe movie soundtrack from 2007 for another Beatles cover. IMO, Bono does a good job and sounds very Lennon-esque. Officially released.

Macarana - U2
Edge does the Macarana (the dance craze of its day) in Barcelona - 1997-09-13 as part of Edge karaoke. Thankfully there is no video. Not officially released.

Maggie's Farm - U2
Live cover of a Dylan tune from the Self-Aid for Ireland concert in 1986. First performance of the song, which ended up being played 16 times in 86-87. Officially released on the Live For Ireland album that came out in 1987 (which I don't think ever made it to CD).

Mensch - HERBERT GRONEMEYER WITH BONO
As I mentioned earlier, I have no idea sometimes how Bono gets involved in some of his side projects. Gronemeyer is a German artist, and Bono first joined him on stage to perform this song in 2007. The pair eventually recorded it together for a release on HG's 2013 album I Walk. This version was recorded in 2013 and is from the I Walk Live album.

Mercy - U2
Mercy was a new song developed in 2004 for How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb. The song leaked on the web a couple of times, but an official studio version has not been released. The band performed it 10 times in 2010. This version was recorded in Brussels - 2010-09-22 and was officially released on the Wide Awake In Europe EP.

Merry Xmas Everyone - BONO WITH GLEN HANSARD
As mentioned earlier, Bono most years goes out singing in the streets of Dublin on Xmas Eve. This is an acoustic cover of a Slade song from Dublin - 2009-12-24, with a bunch of locals having fun. Not officially released.

Message To Souris - BONO
Another song in the how did this actually materialize column. French artist Sophie Calle put together a compilation of artists about her dead cat, Souris. Souris means “mouse” in English. The album is made up of 37 tracks including artists like Bono, Michael Stipe of REM, The National, and Pharrell Williams, among a number of well known French artists. The album itself is part of Calle’s exhibit at the Perrotin gallery in Paris, which includes text and photographs by Calle, not just about the death of her cat, but also of close friends and family. The exhibit is being displayed at the Perrotin gallery in Paris in October. Bono leaves a message on her answering machine in this one with An Cat Dubh in the background. From the  Souris Calle album in 2018.

Miserere - BONO, PAVAROTTI & ZUCCHERO
Bono sings opera. Enuff said as far as that goes. From Pavarotti's album of the same name released in 2020.

Anarchy99 said:
Maggie's Farm - U2
Live cover of a Dylan tune from the Self-Aid for Ireland concert in 1986. First performance of the song, which ended up being played 16 times in 86-87. Officially released on the Live For Ireland album that came out in 1987 (which I don't think ever made it to CD).

Thanks again for taking the time for all of this.  As a huge U2 fan, there has been quite a few stuff here I haven't seen.  It's taken me down a rabbit hole the last few nights.

Not that it matters, but I do have the "Live for Ireland" CD...

Mission Impossible Theme - CLAYTON & MULLEN
Adam and Larry tackle the theme music from the first Tom Cruise MI movie in 1996. Their version hit #7 on the Billboard singles chart. By comparison, only 3 U2 songs have charted higher.

Mission Impossible Theme (Mission Accomplished) - CLAYTON & MULLEN
A different mix of the MI Theme from the Mission Impossible soundtrack, again released in 1996.

Morning Child - U2
An early version of Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses from the AB Outtakes in 1991. Bono's vocals are flat out . . . CRINGEWORTHY. Not officially released (thankfully).

Mother & Child Reunion - U2
Stripped down cover of the Paul Simon classic as a lead in to One. This is from the HBO broadcast of their rescheduled Paris show in 2015. The crowd basically does the heavy lifting for One, as they are the ones doing most of the singing. Officially released.

Mother Of God - BONO
Another quirky Bono appearance, this time as he reads a poem from William Butler Yeats. Bono also takes on a segment of Mothers Of The Dissapeared on the next track. From the Ni Un Paso Atras album released in 1997.

Move On Up - ANGELIQUE KIDJO WITH BONO AND JOHN LEGEND
Mostly a dance track. Angelique Kidjo recorded this Curtis Mayfield song for her 2010 album ÕŸÖ. Officially released.

Moving Out - U2
At the Cow Palace, U2 performed two new songs at their soundcheck in San Francisco - 1987-04-25 while developing songs for RAH. That's where it came from, but the back story is lacking, and it never showed up anywhere else. Not officially released.

My Hometown - U2
Yep . . . U2 plays Springsteen. And their hometown is Dublin, which is where this was performed on 1985-06-29. This is the only performance of this song. One of the last songs I would ever think the boys would take on. They do a decent job IMO. Not officially released.

My Sweet Lord - U2
U2's tribute to George Harrison when he passed away. They played it on back-to-back nights and never again in Atlanta in November 2001. Very good version. Not officially released.

My Time Hasn't Come - U2
The other song that the band played in their soundcheck in San Francisco - 1987-04-25. Not officially released and never heard again.

Mysterious Ways / Where Is The Love / One - U2 & BLACK-EYED PEAS
This is what you get when you combine mega artists of different genres. From the RNR HOF Induction Ceremony in 2009. Officially released on the 25th Anniversary Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Concerts series.

Native Son - U2
An early version of a song that evolved into Vertigo, but with different lyrics. They first started work on the song in 2002. This version would eventually be released on The Complete U2 in 2004.

Near The Island - U2
An instrumental recorded in the AB era, it sat in the vault for a while and was originally called Near the Island / Night Train from Rostock. Many years later, it was added to the 30th anniversary release of the AB album as a bonus track. Sounds like it could be by any other band . . . not bad, just not very U2 sounding.

Nessun Dorma - PAVAROTTI & FRIENDS
IMO, Bono should just stay in his lane and avoid opera. But he hasn't done that. From the Pavarotti & Friends Together For The Children Of Bosnia album released in 1995.

Never Let Me Go - BONO
Bono from the Million Dollar Hotel soundtrack from 2000. It's airy and ethereal. Mellow mood music.

New Day - WYCLEF JEAN & BONO
Wyclef Jean recorded New Day for the Life movie soundtrack in 1999. But he joined forces with Bono to make a single version to aid the charity NetAid. Bono and Wyclef would perform together at the NetAid concert on October 9, 1999.

New Gold Dream - U2 & SIMPLE MINDS
Simple Minds opened for U2 on some of the TUF tour. On 3 occasions, Bono joined the band to close out their set. This is a Simple Minds song from the Glascow - 1985-01-05 show. Not officially released.

New York, New York - ECCO HOMO WITH BONO & EDGE
Not a cover of the Frank Sinatra song. Ecco Homo was essentially someone named Troy Davies, who worked with Michael Hutchence's side band Max Q. This came out in single and video form in 1990.

Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown) - U2
Another mini Beatles cover. Bono sings the first parts of Norwegian Wood as a lead-in to Original Of The Species. From Sao Paulo - 2006-02-20. Not officially released.

Nothing Feels Like This - U2
Back tho the AB Working Tapes from 1991. A partly developed song in an early form that has some elements / chords of End Of The World in certain sections. Not officially released.

NY Debut - BONO & EDGE
An instrumental from Bono and Edge's Spider-man soundtrack album to the Broadway play from 2011. Officially released.

I Feel Free - U2
Back to the AB Working Tapes from 1991 for an early version of what would turn into Until The End Of The World. Not sure what the wailing from Bono is all about, but all songs have to start out somewhere. Not officially released.

Another track from the Conspiracy of Hope tour in 1986, this one a cover of the Bob Dylan song. The friends include Sting, Joan Baez, Bryan Adams, Lou Reed, Jackson Browne, Little Steven, Nona Hendrix, Ruben Blades, and others that were on the bill at the show in New Jersey. Officially released on the ¡Released! The Human Rights Concerts - A Conspiracy Of Hope album.

I Wanna Be Around - BONO & TONY BENNETT
A lot of people will remember Bono's duet with Frank Sinatra . . . here's one with crooner Tony Bennett. From the album Duets: The Making Of An American Classic from 2006. Officially released.

I Want To Be Loved - U2
One of the unreleased songs that is tricky to identify, give a name to, and figure out where it came from. I don't believe the description on YouTube is accurate, but I do think someone's comment is more accurate (that it's most likely from a soundcheck from Melbourne in 1998). Not officially released.

Another outtake said to be from the Achtung Baby sessions from 1991. Also known as Ode To Love. Who really knows where it came from? Not officially released.

If It Be Your Will - EDGE
Fill this one under I HAVE NO IDEA HOW THIS HAPPENED. Edge's version of a Leonard Cohen song . . . performed at the Sistine Chapel. Apparently, part of a conference on regenerative medicine through the Angiogenesis Foundation at the Vatican to find a cure for cancer in 2016. Not officially released.

In A Lifetime - CLANNAD WITH BONO
Some top shelf vocals from Bono on a track from Clannad's Macalla album released in 1984. Mostly forgotten but officially released.

In The Name Of The Father - BONO & GAVIN FRIDAY
Released as a single and on the soundtrack to the film with the same name starring Daniel Day Lewis from 1994. Officially released.

In The Night - THE PRUNES WITH EDGE
Edge plays guitar on this track from The Prunes Nada album from 1989. The Prunes were around from 1988-1991 and released 3 albums. They broke off from a band called The Virgin Prunes, which had Edge's brother in it. Officially released.

Inside Out - U2
One of the oldest tracks attributed to U2, said to be from April 1978 at a recording session at Keystone Studios. Edge with a very punk-like solo in this one. Sounds like a blend of 60's songs with a punk influence. Not officially released.

Instant Kharma - U2
Bono channels John Lennon again on a full-fledged studio version of the classic Lennon track with a hint of reggae. Officially released on the compilation album Instant Karma: The Amnesty International Campaign To Save Darfur from 2007.

Invisible Sun - THE POLICE WITH BONO
Bono joins forces with The Police on 1986-06-15 at the Meadowlands. Officially released on the ¡Released! The Human Rights Concerts - A Conspiracy Of Hope album. This was performed twice on the Conspiracy tour but the pairing was first seen in together at the Rock of the Tyne Festival on 1982-07-31. LINK

Ito Okashi - PASSENGERS
Back to the Original Soundtracks 1 album from 1995 for an oriental flavored instrumental. Officially released.
I enjoyed the Instant Karma cover.  Solid rendition.

Edit:  the cover of My Sweet Lord is solid too, but without the guitar solo it’s just not the same song.  I love Edge, but I’m guessing he just doesn’t have the chops to handle Harrison.

I enjoyed the Instant Karma cover.  Solid rendition.

Edit:  the cover of My Sweet Lord is solid too, but without the guitar solo it’s just not the same song.  I love Edge, but I’m guessing he just doesn’t have the chops to handle Harrison.
In fairness to Edge, when Harrison died, they played that song that night . . . just hours after his death. I'm guessing there was very little practice or time to learn the song. Put another way, I think if they worked it up and recorded it in a studio, it would probably turn out to be pretty solid.

O Come All Ye Faithful - BONO
Back to the streets of Dublin on Christmas Eve, this time in 2013. Not officially released.

Oh Berlin - U2
Another leftover AB sessions track from 1990-91. But this one was deemed good enough to merit getting tacked on many years later as a bonus track. It is believed that the backing track was completed in 1991 but vocals / backing vocals / and some keyboards added in prior to official release in 2011.

Oh Holy Night - BONO & EDGE
More Christmas caroling, this time from Dublin - 2018-12-24. Not officially release.

Ol' Man River - U2 & EDDIE VEDDER
Of all the songs for Vedder to join the band for, THIS is the song they picked? Recorded in Toronto - 2005-09-17. Apparently Vedder was in town and joined on stage to ding this before the close of the main set. Odd . . . very odd. Not officially released.

On Being Asked for a War Poem - BONO
Another odd entry from Bono, this one a 26 reading of a poem. From A Fanatic Heart: Bob Geldof On Yeats The Soundtrack officially released in 2018.

One For My Baby - BONO & CHRIS MARTIN
And the third in a trilogy of really odd Bono appearances in a row. Bono sings, Chris Martin plays piano, and Sean Penn plays the bar tender in a performance from Jimmy Kimmel in 2017. I mean, who dreamed this up and set it all up? Not officially released.

One Minute Warning - PASSENGERS 
You know the world is out of phase when a Passengers tracks seems like the most normal of the recent entries. This one is a very electronic / avant-garde instrumental from Original Soundtracks 1 in 1995.

People Get Ready - U2 & MARIA MCKEE
A live cover of The Impressions song from 1965. Lone Justice singer joined the boys on this one in Dublin - 1989-12-27. The song was performed 81 times from 1987-90, 8 times in 2001, and once in 2005. This version was not officially released, but IIRC live versions have been released on other official full concert releases.

People Have The Power - U2 & PATTI SMITH
U2 and Patti join forces on her song on the rescheduled Paris shows, this one on 2015-12-06. The song with Smith was performed 3 times that year. Officially released on the Innocence + Experience Live in Paris DVD. As noted earlier, Smith also played with the band on Because the Night before. She also has joined them on live versions of Instant Karma twice, Bad once, and Mothers of the Disappeared twice in 2017.

Perfect Day - VARIOUS ARTISTS
A bunch of artists joined together in 1997 to record a new version of an old Lou Reed song. There was a version of both genders, one with only men, and one with only women. Performers included Reed, Bono, David Bowie, Elton John, and Tom Jones.

Picture This - BONO & EDGE
Back to the Spider-man soundtrack from 2011. A mid-tempo rock song with a similar formula where Edge adds some guitar and the song has a bit of a musical build up. Officially released.

Plot 180 - PASSENGERS
Another moody instrumental from Original Soundtracks 1 in 1995. It sounds like it could have been a bonus track or backing track from TUF. Officially rleeased.

Pump It Up - Get On Your Boots - BONO, EDGE & ELVIS COSTELLO
Given that a lot of folks are not fans of Boots, this one probably won't be that popular. From Elvis Costello's Spectacle in 2009. Costello hosted a show where he had a musical guest each episode and he and his guests would collaborate on their songs. Bono also covers EC's Alison on this episode, but it's not online anywhere. Not officially released.

Purple Heart - T-BONE BURNETT WITH BONO
This is from Burnett's 1987 album The Talking Animals. Bono co-wrote, sings backing vocals on, and produces this track. Officially released.

Radar Love - U2
U2 tackles the AOR classic Radar Love from Dutch rock band Golden Earring. From Rotterdam - 1997-07-19. Played twice that week and never again. Not officially released.

Rain - U2
Another crack at The Beatles. Performed 6 times in 1997. And once at Milton Keynes - 1985-06-22. Not officially released.

Redemption Song - BONO & OTHERS
Cover of the Bob Marley song from the G8 Voices Against Poverty Concert in 2007. Not officially released.

Rise Above 1 - REEVE CARNEY WITH BONO & EDGE
Another track from the Spider-man soundtrack in 2011. Officially released.

Rise Up - U2
One of The Joshua Tree tracks that was record and left in the vault until the band worked up some old songs to issue as bonus tracks and reissued albums. This one was officially released in time for the 20th anniversary of TJT.

Rockin' In The Free World - PEARL JAM WITH BONO & EDGE
If you ever wondered what would happen if you threw U2, Pearl Jam, and Neil Young into a blender, then this is for you. Recorded live as part of the Make Poverty History Concert, in Melbourne - 2006-11-17. Good stuff. Eddie Vedder and Mike McCready returned the favor a few weeks later in Honolulu - 2006-12-09 to close out the Vertigo tour. Neither version officially released (although the first one might be available through the Pearl Jam web site).

Sailing - U2
Edge karaoke version of the Sutherland Brothers Band song from 1972. From Edinburgh - 1997-09-02. Not officially released.

San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Some Flowers In Your Hair) - U2
Back-to-back Edge karaoke tracks . . . this one a cover of the Scott Mackenzie 60's anthem from 1967. From Oakland - 1997-06-19. Not officially released.

Saturday Matinee - U2
Hidden / bonus track found after Shadows and Tall Trees (at least on some versions of the Boy album in 1980). Basically a 30 second instrumental to close out the album. Officially released.

Saturday Night - U2
A bonus track tacked on to the the Boy album that came out on the remastered 2008 re-release. Would later evolve into the song Fire on October. I like this version better. Officially released.

Save The Children - BONO
Bono covers this song by Marvin Gaye from the Inner City Blues: The Music Of Marvin Gaye tribute album from 1995. Officially released.

Seize The Day - U2
An early version of Acrobat from the AB Working Tapes in 1991. Not officially released.

September 1913 / Mad As The Mist And Snow - BONO & BOB GELDOF
Not sure how Geldolf got into Yates and then recruited Bono to come along with him. From the officially released A Fanatic Heart: Geldof On Yeats The Soundtrack album in 2018.

Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band & - U2 & PAUL MCCARTNEY
Paul, Bono, and the boys kicked off the Live 8 UK show in front of 200,000+ people with this one in London - 2005-07-02. When that's the opener, you know you are in for quite a day. Show made famous for the Pink Floyd reunion. Also on the bill were Coldplay, Elton John, R.E.M., Madonna, Velvet Revolver, Sting, Mariah Carey, and The Who. Pretty much a bunch of nobodies and wannabes. This version was released on iTunes with proceeds given to charity and hit #48 on the Billboard singles chart.

Silent Night - BONO
Bono busking in the streets of Dublin again on Dublin - 2011-12-24. Not officially released.

Silver Lining - U2
Demo track from 1979 that essentially is the music from 11 O'clock Tick Tock with different lyrics. Not officially released.

#SINGFORLIFE - VARIOUS ARTISTS
Full studio version of Let Your Love Be Known that Bono had posted on YouTube released in 2020. Also features will.i.am, Jennifer Hudson, and Yoshiki. Officially released as a single for charity.

Sinistereo - EDGE WITH JEB BROWN
Back to the Spiderman: Turn Off The Dark soundtrack from 2011. It sounds like it could be a U2 song, but without Bono it only resembles one.

Sky Up On My Head - U2
Said to be a new song that was played during a soundcheck in Melbourne - 1998-02-21. It sounds like they borrowed some of it later in Walk On. Not officially released.

Skyscrapers - DMX WITH BONO
DMX isn't exactly in my wheelhouse, but this is from his Exodus album released in 2021 . . . after DMX had already died. I have no idea how Bono ended up on this song.

Slide Away - MICHAEL HUTCHENCE WITH BONO
In an odd coincidence, Bono goes back to back on songs from deceased performers. Hutchence was working on a solo album when he went back to record an album and tour with INXS. Bono then rewrote lyrics and recorded this track after Hutchence had died. Officially released on Hutchence's self-title album in 1999.

Slug - PASSENGERS
Another ambient sounding track from Original Soundtracks 1 in 1995 with a middle section with Bono singing / talking. Officially released.

Smile - U2
Originally recorded during the How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb sessions in 2004, the song didn't make the final release of the album. However, several months later it was included in the Complete U2 digital release of bonus album tracks. To me, it sounds more like a track from TJT timeframe. Officially released.

Snake Charmer - JAH WOBBLE, HOLGER CZUKAY & EDGE
Snake Charmer was an album put together in 1983 with the 3 people I just listed. Jah Wobble got his start with Public Image Ltd (PiL) and Invaders of the Heart. Holger Czukay was from a band called Can. They released one EP with 5 songs. Officially released.

Sólo Le Pido A Dios - U2 & LEON GIECO
Gieco has been an Argentinian performer for almost 50 years. This was the only time the band played this song . . . from La Plata - 2011-04-03 on the 360 tour. Not officially released.

Someone - U2
Part of a song that was recorded during the AB sessions. Doesn't sound like it became part of another song. Not officially released.

Soon - U2
Soon was a track developed for use on No Line on the Horizon, and it was one of a handful of songs held for use on what was to be called Songs of Ascent. When the U2360 tour debuted in Barcelona in 2009, the first show on the tour opened with this piece of music. The song was listed as Kingdom Intro on set lists, referred to as Kingdom of Your Love throughout the tour, and eventually was released in the deluxe version of the U2 from the Rose Bowl video as a 7-Inch single called Soon. Officially released.

Southern Man - U2
U2 performed this Neil Young cover 19 times from 1981 through 1987. This is their performance on the Old Grey Whistle Test in London - 1987-03-08. Not officially released. 

Space Baby Intermission - U2
This was a composition and recording the band put together for the intermission for their 360 tour. This is from Anaheim - 2011-06-18. There is an officially released version of this on the Live at the Rose Bowl DVD.

Speed Of Life - U2
This is an early instrumental track that was developed initially in 1979 and performed live 13 times. Sounds just like early U2. Ultimately a refined version was considered for Boy, but it did not make the final cut. However, it was added to the album in 2008 for the deluxe edition. 

Springhill Mining Disaster - U2
Powerful performance and cover of a Peggy Seeger song. This is the first time they played it, from The Late Late Show recorded in Dublin - 1987-03-16. The song was played a total of 16 times in 1987. Officially released on The Late Late Show Tribute to the Dubliners album that eventually was released in 2008.

Stairway To Heaven - BONO & EDGE
Yes, boys and girls . . . THAT Stairway To Heaven. Clearly these two had nothing better to do during the pandemic. Only a partial segment of the song that they posted on YouTube in 2020. Not officially released.

Stand By Me - U2
Live cover of the Ben E. King song. The band has played it 82 times from 1987 to 2015. This version is from Los Angeles - 1987-11-18. They used the song in a couple of different ways, either to open shows with a more rocking version, or toward the end of the show as a more stripped-down version. One of the shows I went to started with John Lennon's version of Stand By Me, then they took the stage to play it, which segued into Pride. Can't tell if there is an official released somewhere, as I know shows where they played it have been released . . . but they may have left it out. Here's a version with an injured Bono and Bruce Springsteen.

Stateless - U2
This one has popped up in several places: The Million Dollar Hotel Soundtrack, bonus track on the expanded ATYCLB album, and the Unreleased & Rare digital collection. Recorded in 2000. It's a slower, moody song with some interesting guitar as a back drop.

Steering Wheel - U2
Another AB Working Tapes song known by different names from 1991. It may have ended up as music in a car commercial. It's only a piece of the song. Not officially released.

Still Water - DANIEL LANOIS WITH ADAM & LARRY
One of the view songs I've posted without Bono or Edge. Officially released on Lanois' Acadie album from 1989. There has been talk of U2 playing it once or twice at a rehearsal or soundcheck, but I haven't found it.

Stranded (Haiti Mon Amour) - VARIOUS ARTISTS
Fundraiser after a devastating earthquake hit Haiti. A collaboration between Jay-z, Bono, Edge, and Rihanna. From the Hope for Haiti Now compilation from 2010.

Street Mission - U2
A TV appearance from when they were called The Hype in 1978. A MUST VIEW just to laugh at how they looked. Performed 9 times in 78-79. Not officially released.

Strong Girl (Remix) - VARIOUS ARTISTS
Bono gets involved in a women's empowerment song. Part of the ONE awareness program, Bono has a part in this song with 14 African performers. Officially released as a digital single in 2015.

Sugar Daddy - TOM JONES WITH BONO & EDGE
It must be nice to be in such demand that pretty much you have the pick of the litter in terms of who you want to collaborate. From Tom Jones' album 24 Hours released in 2008. Jones tries to get his mojo working so to speak at a spry age of 68. Both Bono and Edge play guitar.

Sugar Sugar - U2
More Edge karaoke, this time a cover of The Archies song from the 60's. It was played 3 times, this was their first time . . . from Madrid - 1997-09-09. Not officially released.

Summer Wine - CORRS WITH BONO
Bono has made a couple of appearances with all (or parts of) The Corrs. There are a lot worse things to do than spend time with the 3 Corr sisters. From Dublin - 2002-01-25 and released on a live album.

Sun City - U2 & FRIENDS
Recorded on the Conspiracy of Hope Tour to support Amnesty International in 1986. This closed out their set at the final tour stop in East Rutherford - 1986-06-15. With Lou Reed, Little Steven, Nona Hendrix, and Ruben Blades. Officially released on the ¡Released! The Human Rights Concerts - A Conspiracy Of Hope album. Performed 6 times on that tour.

Sunset In Colors - Chances Away - U2
Another one from the AB Working Tracks collection in 1991. It's mostly Edge playing around with some chord progressions. Bono adds some lyrics but it's not a fully completed song. Not officially released.

Suspicious Minds - U2
More Edge karaoke, this time from Foxboro - 1997-07-02, teaming up with Fun Loving Criminals. Not sure who came up with the idea to have him perform classic oldies each night. I think most would have preferred another U2 song each show instead. Not officially released.

Sweet Baby Jane - U2
Another U2 tries a new song for the first or second time from the AB Working Tapes in 1991. It's just Bono singing and Edge on guitar. Not officially released.

Sweet Caroline - U2
More Edge karaoke of the song made famous by Neil Diamond from East Rutherford - 1997-06-01. Not originally released.

Sweet Fire Of Love - ROBBIE ROBERTSON & U2
Former lead guitarist for The Band, he collaborated with U2 on his self-entitled debut album in 1987. This one would definitely have made my main listing, as it sounds very like U2 just with 2 singers. They wrote and recorded 2 songs at the studio they were getting ready to start work on TJT. Officially released.

Sweet Jane - U2 WITH MARIA MCKEE / Sweet Jane - LONE JUSTICE WITH BONO
Cover of the Velvet Underground song. Lone Justice opened for the band on TUF tour in 1985, and McKee appeared a handful of times on either live shows or studio tracks. The band version is from Paris - 1987-06-15, while the Lone Justice version is from Hartford - 1985-04-23 when Bono joined them in their opening set. The U2 version is not officially released, but the Lone Justice version came out on their This World is Not My Home compilation album in 1999, 12 years after they disbanded.

Take Today - U2
Another one from the AB Working Tapes in 1990. A slower, more soulful track. Not officially released.

Take You Down - U2
Also from the AB Working Tapes in 1990, this one is Lady With A Spinning Head but with different lyrics. AKA Wake Up or Wake Up and Take Me Down. Not officially released. 

Tequila Sunrise - U2
Perhaps the most baffling thing the band ever did. A cover of The Eagles from Hampton - 1987-12-12. It's the first time Larry ever sang lead vocals on a song. In the show, it was sandwiched between In God's Country and Out Of Control. Just plain . . . odd. Maybe he lost a bet. Certainly not officially released.

Testimony - ROBBIE ROBERTSON & U2
The other track the band recorded with Robbie Robertson on his debut album in 1987. Also very good, but not quite as U2 sounding. Officially released.

Thank You Billy Graham - PAT BOONE WITH BONO
Another head scratcher as projects Bono getting involved with. Apparently he was asked at an after party for the 2001 Grammys. Officially released on the Glory Train: The Lost Sessions in 2005.

That's Life - BONO
Bono doing a jazzy / swingy / sultry version of the song made famous by Frank Sinatra. From The Good Thief Soundtrack in 2002.

The Auld Triangle - BONO WITH GLEN HANSARD
Live cover of a song written by **** Shannon for the 1954 play The Quare Fellow. Recorded in New York -2012-05-08. The full band also performed the song in Dublin - 2009-07-24. Neither officially released.

The Ballad Of Ronnie Drew - U2 & GUESTS
An Irish ditty officially released as a tribute single in 2008 as "U2, The Dubliners, Kíla, A Band of Bowsies - “The Ballad of Ronnie Drew.” Drew was a member of the Dubliners for 50+ years. Lots of Irish musicians also are involved.

The Cross - PRINCE & BONO
We go deep into the weeds for this one. From Dublin - 1995-03-30. From the comments on YouTube: "This was at the POD nightclub in Dublin for the Pret a Porter movie premier. The NPG had Get Wild on the soundtrack. There was celebs & supermodels everywhere!!!"

The Darkest Midnight - MICHAEL W. SMITH
Bono does a throaty / raspy Christian Bale as Batman voice on Smith's The Spirit Of Christmas holiday album from 2014.

The Dream Is Over - U2
A highly quality demo recording from 1979. Sounds like you would expect early, early U2 to sound. It was performed 12 times in 79/80. Not officially released. Dublin - 1980-02-26

The Fool - U2
Another demo track, this one from 1978. It's one of their earliest recordings, thought to be from their second ever recording session. Not officially released. 

The Girl From Foggy Albion - U2
A longer version of what I posted previously as I Wanted To Be Loved, thought to be from 1991. Not officially released.

The Jean Genie / Gloria - DAVID BOWIE & BONO
Bono happened to be in Cleveland when Bowie had a concert there. From Richfield - 1990-06-26. As Bowie would tell the crowd: "You know, this was a song written by an Irishman, I get the impression it would sound even better if I had an Irishman singing it with me. How about Bono? Not officially released.

The King's New Clothes - U2
A song that was recorded as a demo back in 1979, this is a live recording from Cork - 1979-10-05. It was played 6 times that year. Not officially released.

The Lost Highway - DALTON BROTHERS
The second song the boys played dressed up in country garb while opining for themselves in Los Angeles - 1987-11-18. It was officially released on a digital release of the entire concert. They played the song 7 times that tour.

The Model - U2 & SEU JORGE
Live cover of a song from Kraftwerk in Sao Paulo - 2011-04-13. Only performance of the song. Not officially released.

The Return Of The Stingray Guitar - U2
This framework for this song started out in 1984 during TUF sessions and was said to have been rediscovered when the band started work on the deluxe editions of albums in 2008 and was likely considered for the NLOTH album. The band opened 33 dates of the European Leg of the 2010 360 tour with it. It got a new coat of paint and lyrics and turned into Lucifer's Hands on Songs of Innocence in 2014.

The Times They Are A Changin' - U2
A brief version was played in Dublin - 1989-12-31 as a lead in to New Year's Day.

Theme From Let's Go Native - PASSENGERS
Haven't had a Passengers song in a while. From the Original Soundtracks 1 album in 1995.

Theme From New York, New York - U2
Edge karaoke version of the Frank Sinatra song. From East Rutherford - 1997-06-03. Not officially released.

Theme From The Swan - PASSENGERS
Another  Passengers track from the Original Soundtracks 1 album in 1995.

This Is - U2
A one off live in studio performance in New York - 2013-06-21 of an Aslan tune, an Irish band. Apparently this was part of A Night For Christy, a good will performance that was held in Dublin to recognize Christy Dignam, lead singer of Aslan since 1982. I don't think it's been officially released.

Tower Of Song - BONO
This one is an odd performance from Bono, who has had quite a broad range of side projects. He literally mumbles his way through this one, which appeared on the Leonard Cohen: I'm Your Man album in 1995.

Almost there? 

Might have to parse the ones that aren’t U2 or the Passengers or all 4 guys basically and add them to the master list.

A top 10 by yourself would be interesting.

Trevor - U2
A demo from 1979 that evolved into Touch, which was performed 49 times from 1979-1981. Trevor was not officially released, while Touch was the B-Side to 11 O'Clock Tick Tock in 1980.

United Colours - PASSENGERS
Some interesting effects from the Original Soundtracks 1 album in 1995.

Untitled Instrumental - U2
From a studio session from TUF era in 1984. Has a Bullet The Blue Sky vibe. Not officially released.

Viva Davidoff - PASSENGERS
Another Passengers track, but one that wasn't on the Original Soundtracks 1 album. This was the B-side to Miss Sarajevo and also on a CD single from 1995.

Volare - U2
Edge karaoke cover of a Domenico Modugno song from Reggio Emilia - 1997-09-20. Not officially released.

Wake Up Dead Man - U2
Not the same song from Pop. This is from the AB Working Tapes in 1991. It's similar to Lady With The Spinning Head but with different lyrics. Not officially released.

War - No More Trouble - VARIOUS ARTISTS
Part of the Playing for Change: Songs Around the World compilation album from 2009. Features Bono, Rocky Dawuni, Bob Marley, and others. Officially released in 2009.

Wave Of Sorrow (Birdland) - U2
This started out as an instrumental piece called Birdland in TJT era but was abandoned in 1987. For the Joshua Tree reissue in 2007, U2 recorded additional material for the song, including newly-written lyrics by Bono. Officially released.

We Almost Made It This Time - U2
An outtake from RAH in 1988. Bono singing accompanied by Edge on acoustic guitar. Not released as a track of its own.

We Are The People - BONO & EDGE WITH MARTIN GARRIX
The official song from the UEFA EURO 2020 soccer tournament. Both the tournament and the single were held back to 2021. Officially released.

We Love You - U2
Recorded in Merksem - 2001-08-06 on the Elevation tour. It's a really good song that popped up out of nowhere and was never played again. Not officially released.

We Will Rock You - U2
A live cover of the arena rocking Queen song from Mexico City - 1992-11-25. Never played before or after. Not officially released.

We're Going To Hell - VARIOUS ARTISTS
Bono joins Kristen Bell, Channing Tatum, Mila Kunis, Brad Paisley, Zoe Saldana, and Chris Rock on the Jimmy Kimmel show in Los Angeles - 2018-11-19 to support the fight against AIDS. Not officially released.

What's Going On - U2
Studio cover of a Marvin Gaye song, which I believe was released officially as a Spotify Single in 2017. The band played it 30 times in 2001 (and 2 times in the 70s). Here is a collaboration with Gwen Stefani in Las Vegas - 2001-11-18.

What's Happened To You - THE CALL WITH BONO
The Call was an American band that formed in 1980 and sort of fizzled out in the 90's. This song came from their Red Moon album in 1990.

When The Stars Go Blue - CORRS & BONO
Recorded in Dublin - 2002-01-25. Officially released on  the VH1 Presents: The Corrs Live In Dublin album.

Whiskey In The Jar - U2
More Edge karaoke, this time from Dublin - 1997-08-31.

White Christmas - U2
A short version of Irving Berling's holiday classic, used as a lead in to Angel of Harlem in Dortmund - 1989-12-16. Not officially released.

I have heard at least 2 versions where Larry Mullen Jr sings this one. From the 80s though. Picture is pretty grainy. Is it definitely the Edge?
They played the song 10 times . . . 9 times in 1992 and once in 1997. I can't swear that it's Edge, but it fell in the slot where they rolled out Edge karaoke in that one show in 1997. Here is a performance from Madison - 1992-09-13 with Larry. I can't find a decent sounding recording.

Wild Irish Rose - U2
Originally an outtake from RAH in 1988, the song ended up in the indie music film The Roots Of Irish Rock. Not officially released.

Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow - U2
Another short form cover from a mostly acoustic version of a song written by Carole King. Used as a lead in to Where The Streets in Oakland - 2011-06-07. Not officially released.

Womanfish - U2
An unreleased song recorded live on the TV Gaga Show in Dublin - 1986-01-30. Larry goes full throttle on the drums on this one. Extreme energy. One of my favorite unreleased songs. Never played again. Not officially released.

Women Of The World  - U2
The band played a pre-recorded version of this track at intermission in San Jose - 2018-05-07. The same tape was played for an officially released performance in Berlin - 2018-11-13.

Won't Get Fooled Again - U2
Live cover of The Who's classic rock track from Who's Next in 1971. The band closed out their set in New York - 2000-12-05 with ta rocking performance, the only time they played this song. Not officially released.

Xanax And Wine - U2
Recorded during the HTDAAB sessions. It ended up officially released when the band put out multiple demos of songs in 2004. It's an early version of the song Fast Cars.

XXX - KENDRICK LAMAR & U2
A rap song with Bono singing two passages? How odd. Even though U2 is credited, it's only Bono. Officially released on Lamar's Damn album in 2017.

Yoshino Blossom - U2
An instrumental track recorded during TUF sessions. It was revisited and added to the deluxe reissue in 2009.

You Made Me Thief Of Your Heart BONO
Bono's demo of the song that Sinead O'Connor sang on In The Name Of The Father soundtrack from 1993. Not officially released.

You Never Give Me Your Money - Carry That Weight - Get Up, Stand Up - VARIOUS ARTISTS
Bono, Youssou N'Dour, Bob Geldof, and Campino take on The Beatles and Bob Marlley at the G8 concert in 2007. Not officially released.

Your Song Saved My Life - U2
The latest official entry in the U2 catalog, a song from the Sing 2 contract that was released at the end of 2021.

That wraps up the songs I could find.

They played the song 10 times . . . 9 times in 1992 and once in 1997. I can't swear that it's Edge, but it fell in the slot where they rolled out Edge karaoke in that one show in 1997. Here is a performance from Madison - 1992-09-13 with Larry. I can't find a decent sounding recording.
Went through all my bootlegs. Yep it was 92/93. 

It was on a bootleg called The Golden Unplugged which has several you have listed.

Larry Mullen sings Dirty Old Town, Wild Irish Rover and Whiskey in the Jar just after the hour mark. The first two from Rotterdam in may93 and the last at NeC Toronto Sep 92

Opens with Michael Stipe singing One with U2 in Washington. 

It also has two songs from the Daltons, Lucille as mentioned here,  but also Lost Highway

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5uHJMtIiCHY

I think I separated the U2 songs, with all 4 members from the individual contributions

A Different Kind Of Blue - PASSENGERS

From the Original Soundtracks 1 from 1995, a side project recorded with Brian Eno. Officially released.

A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall - U2 WITH THE ALARM
Recorded at Boulder - 1983-06-06. Cover of a Bob Dylan song. The Alarm was a British band that had a 10-year run in the 80s and opened for U2 on most of their War tour in 1982-83. It's the only performance of this song. Not officially released..

Released as a single in 2019. Written and recorded with Rahman, an Indian recording artist. Ahimsa is the Sanskrit word for non-violence. The song was intended to celebrate the ethnical and spiritual diversity in India. Rahman stated that ahimsa requires courage and strength, and that the song is a celebration of non-violence and peace. Officially released.

All Kinds Of Everything - U2

Live cover and only performance of a song by Dana recorded Dublin - 1997-08-30. Part of Edge karaoke, a segment they did on the Pop tour after they played Staring At The Sun. Basically, they would have Edge sing to a prerecorded song that they usually rotated based on the location of the concert. It was usually a gag song (and Edge isn't going to win many vocal competitions. I may list most of the songs they did for Edge karaoke if I can find them, but I may just get sick of them. Not officially released.

All Of My Life - U2

The rumor is Bono played this demo pretty loud at his beach house in France in 2006 and someone recorded it from the beach. Said to have been a demo for and considered for No Line On The Horizon. I would like to hear the real version of this one . . . Edge has some really good guitar work in it. Not officially released.

All You Need Is Love - U2 & NOEL GALLAGHER

Beatles cover recorded London - 2015-10-26 as an outro to I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For. Only time performed. With Noel Gallagher from Oasis. Not officially released.

Alone In The Dark - THE HYPE (U2)

Demo from 1978 when the band was called The Hype. The band originally started out called Feedback (1976-77), then The Hype (1977-78), before settling in as U2. Not officially released. It sounds like early U2 from the Boy period. Not officially released.

Always Forever Now - PASSENGERS

Another ambient instrumental track from the Original Soundtracks 1 collaboration in 1995. The album sounds like a bunch of unfinished songs that bridged Zooropa and Pop. Officially released.

Amazing Grace - U2 & SOWETO GOSPEL CHOIR

From the 2011 Duals album. Not the same choir that appeared on I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For from Rattle & Hum. Officially released.

Bonus track added to the War album in 2008. Originally recorded in 1983 but unfinished. Modified and vocals added when the band remastered their original albums and released extended versions with added tracks. Some interesting runs on piano but a relatively mellow song compared to the main album. Officially released.

Are You Lonesome Tonight - U2

Live cover of the song made famous by Elvis Presley tune from Rotterdam - 1993-05-10 to close out the show. Not sure how to classify these types of performances when Bono breaks into acapella for a few verses of a song. Only time that he did that for this song. Not officially released.

Back Mask - U2

From the Achtung Baby Working Tapes in 1991. Some folks say this was a very early version of what became So Cruel, but I don't hear that. While the band was working on Achtung Baby, somehow their in process recordings got lost. I have heard varying accounts of what happened from they were tossed into a hotel trash can by accident, to they left them out in the studio and forgot about them, to someone found out where they were recording and stole them. Bottom line, 7 CDs worth of recordings made it out into the bootlegging universe. The songs surfaced under different album and collection names. I bought them on cassette when they first came out. Not officially released.

From the Angel Headed Hipster: The Songs of Marc Bolan & T.Rex tribute album from 2020. Features Elton John on piano and backing vocals. Too campy and not energetic enough compared to the original (and certainly not anywhere near as rocking as the Power Station version). Not sure U2 was the right artist for this song. Officially released.

Be There - U2

A demo / studio outtake recorded in 1982 as part of the songs considered for the War album. To date, it has not been included as a bonus track, digital download, or added to a box set, or rare tracks collection. Decent track, sets a mood, and has the makings of a decent song if they worked a little more on it. Not officially released.

Beach Sequence - PASSENGERS

Another track from the Original Soundtracks 1 album in 1995, this time a moody instrumental. Officially released.

Beat On The Brat - U2

Studio cover of The Ramones from the A Tribute To The Ramones: We're A Happy Family compilation from 2003. Decent version (but will never be confused with the original). Never performed live. Officially released.

Originally recorded during The Joshua Tree sessions in 1987 . . . but not released until 2004 when the band added some demos and unreleased songs to their digital catalog. As discussed some in the main U2 song ranking thread, the band recorded all sorts of demos and studio sessions for each album. Some got finished, some didn't, some are tucked away in a vault somewhere. There are hundreds of tracks that at least merited having names. Maybe they are early versions of songs that evolved into different names. Officially released.

From the Rock 'N' Roll Hall of Fame concert at Madison Square Garden on 2009-10-30. Bruce with a solid guitar outro. There will be a couple of other songs from that night listed later on. Officially released on The 25th Anniversary Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Concerts album from 2010.

There were several versions and incarnations of this song on the AB Working Tapes from 1991. The song dates back to the Rattle and Hum sessions. A crisper, sharper version finally appeared on the Super Deluxe and Uber Deluxe versions of Achtung Baby in 2012. Officially released. HERE is an earlier, longer version when it was entitled She's Gonna Blow Your House Down (with some solid guitar flourishes).

Blowin' In The Wind - U2

About as 180 degrees different as you can get musically than Blow Your House Down. Brief cover from Bono of the Bob Dylan song from Salt Lake City - 2011-05-24. Lead in to Where The Streets Have No Name. Bono also appeared on the song at a Bob Dylan performance with Carlos Santana at Slane Castle - 1984-07-08. Neither version officially released.

Book Of Your Heart - U2
A moody, sultry, more adult contemporary bonus track from Songs of Experience in 2017. Has a decent build up and crescendos into the traditional strong Edge finish. IMO, better than most of the regular album tracks. Officially released.

Born To Be Wild - U2
Another Edge karaoke number from Montpellier - 1997-09-15. Cover of the Mars Bonfire song made famous by Steppenwolf in 1968. Performed a total of three times on the PopMart tour.

Bottoms (Wata####achi No Ookina Yume) - PASSENGERS

A remixed, slightly stripped down, instrumental version of Zoo Station which ended up as a promo single or a B Side in 1995. I think it was packaged with Miss Sarajevo. It may have ended up on one of the fan club remix albums as well. Officially released.

A song Bono and Edge wrote (but did not record) for Spider-Man Turn Off The Dark. At one point, the band had considered recording all the Spider Man songs with the full band, but that never materialized (or it did and they never released the tracks). However, the band performed this song one time at Coimbra - 2010-10-03. It's recorded from an inner ear monitor of Bono while he's performing, which is why you can hear someone else counting during the performance. Not officially released.

Carry Me Home - U2

Not great sound quality, but an early song the band played twice in 1981. This was from the show in London - 1981-06-09. That puts it in the time frame of the October album. It never materialized or appeared anywhere since then. Not officially released.

Cartoon World - U2

One of the early, early U2 songs, developed in 1979. This is a recording of the song from Dublin - 1980-02-26. It was one of the songs they considered for their Three EP and the Boy album. Performed 11 times. It eventually made it's way on a bonus CD included with the 2008 remastered edition of Boy. Officially released.

C'mon Everybody - U2

Live cover of an Eddie Cochran song from Self Aid in Dublin - 1986-05-17. This was the first time the band performed it. They played it 19 times between 1986 and 1987. The version from East Rutherford - 1987-05-15 was officially released, as the entire concert was released at one point.

Corpse (These Chains Are Way Too Long) - PASSENGERS

Back to Passengers from 1995 and Original Soundtracks 1. Somewhat a trance-y song with a pretty strange title. Officially released.

Could It Be - U2

Tentatively called Could It Be, it was supposedly recorded at a soundcheck or rehearsal for the PopMart tour in 1997. Some of the guitar has a Van Halen influence. Songs that haven't been released don't really have names, so it's hard to keep track of them. Definitely a different sound / style than other U2 songs. Not officially released.

Dancing Queen - U2

Live cover of the song by ABBA. Members of ABBA joined them on stage to play it at Stockholm - 1992-06-11. Performed live 32 times . . . 31 on the ZooTV tour and once in Israel on the PopMart tour. Given all the other stuff they had to work with in 1992 . . . this seems like a really odd song choice. Not officially released.

Daydream Believer - U2 WITH DAVY JONES

Sure, U2 playing ABBA was weird. But U2 playing The Monkees? Get out of town. Another Edge karaoke selection, Jones steps in to finish the song. As bad as it sounds. Certainly not officially released.

Dear Prudence - U2

It appears we have hit a stretch with a bunch of covers. Bono has a thing for The Beatles, and he spontaneously starts into Dear Prudence leading into Sunday Bloody Sunday while at Tampa - 1992-10-10. Not great, not horrible, and a decent diversion. Never played before or after.

Desert Of Our Love - U2

A bonus track added to the deluxe edition for the 20th anniversary of The Josha Tree. Sounds a bit unfinished or not fully developed, but they sound like they are having fun recording it. Officially released.

Dirty Old Town - U2

The band rolled out Larry to sing this one 30 times on the ZooTV tour. This one came from the Basel - 1993-06-30 show. IIRC, it was written by and originally recorded by Ewan MacColl and later by The Pogues. Not officially released.

Disappearing Act - U2

The song originally was developed, recorded, but unfinished during The Unforgettable Fire sessions circa 1984. It sat untouched for almost 25 years. Many years later, the band added some additional instrumentation, keyboards, and vocals and released it on the remastered Unforgettable Fire album as a bonus track in 2009. The drumming and guitar parts fit the timeframe. Officially released.

Doctor Doctor - U2

A slow ballad from the AB Working Tapes in 1991. It doesn't sound like other U2 songs all that much. Not officially released.

Don't Let Me Down / Give Peace A Chance - U2

Another Beatles cover from U2's appearance for the Yes Campaign concert, an event to get people out to vote. They only played three songs. Only time they played this song. Recorded Belfast - 1998-05-18. Not officially released.

Don't Let The Teardrops Get You Down - U2

Back to the AB Working Tapes from 1991. An early version of Acrobat with different lyrics. Not officially released.

Don't Look Back In Anger - U2 & NOEL GALLAGHER

Cover of the Oasis song from London - 2017-07-08.The only time they played it, Not officially released.

Don't Say Goodbye - U2

AB Working Tapes again from 1991. AKA as Morning Child (Don’t Turn Around). It's the early development of Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses with different lyrics. Bono struggles with the vocals. As in they aren't very good. Not officially released.

Down All The Days - U2

Another AB Working Tapes track, it's basically Numb with Bono singing a completely different melody and lyrics. His contributions were later dropped in favor of Edge's grumblings. Officially released on one of the deluxe editions of Achtung Baby.

Dream Of You - U2

Unreleased song from a Pop rehearsal or soundcheck from 1997 (no matter what the YouTube title says). Not officially released.

Drunk Chicken / America - U2

Recorded during TJT sessions and then added to the deluxe edition / 20th anniversary edition in 2007. A very odd, quirky ditty of a song. Not really a song, but Bono taking over a background track. Oddly, officially released. 

Elvis Ate America - PASSENGERS

One of the few tracks from the Original Soundtracks 1 album from 1995 with lyrics in it. And they aren't very flattering when it comes to the King of Rock and Roll. Officially released.

Everybody Loves A Winner - U2 & MARIA MCKEE

Originally recorded during the AB sessions with Lone Justice singer Maria McKee on vocals. It sat tucked away for 20 years before finally getting officially released for the 20th anniversary edition of Achtung Baby as a bonus track.

False Prophet - U2

Back to the early days for a demo from 1978. Said to be from their third recording session. Not officially released.

Father Is An Elephant - U2

A song that the band performed 4 times in November 1981. This was their debut performance. The sound quality is lacking, but it sounds like a song that would have fit on one of their first 2 or 3 albums. Bono was interviewed around that time and indicated he was working on this song, and another one called Assaulted By Underpants. That last one never made it into circulation. Father Is An Elephant pretty much vanished over the past 40 years. Not officially released.

Flower Child - U2

Developed for 2000’s All That You Can’t Leave Behind and included as a set of demo recordings included with The Complete U2 in 2004, a digital ‘box set’ released at the same time as the album How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb. Officially released.

Get Together Now - U2

A very early version of what turned into Even Better Than The Real Thing from 1990/91 and the AB Sessions. Not officially released.

Gimme Shelter - U2 & MICK JAGGER & FERGIE

Live cover of the Rolling Stones classic with Jagger and others. From the 2010 Rock HOF Concert. Officially released on The 25th Anniversary Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Concert.

Glastonbury - U2

A new song that the band developed during soundchecks in 2010. It was played at 7 shows on the U2 360 tour, making its debut on August 6 in Turin, and last being played on August 21, 2010 in Helsinki (the version in the video). Some elements of Glastonbury were reworked into the song Volcano on 2014’s Songs of Innocence. Not officially released.

Going Down South - U2

Back to the AB Working Tapes from 1990. Also known as Montgomery's Visit or Southern Instrumental. It sounds like a backing track (and no vocals on it yet). Can't say it sounds like anything that came out later. Not officially released.

Happy XMas (War Is Over) - U2

Live cover of the John Lennon Christmas classic. From RTE Studios 'Late Late Show' in Dublin, recorded1988-12-16. Bono's voice generally seems to fit with Lennon's vocal range. Not officially released.

Heaven And Hell - U2

Originally one of the many bootlegged tracks from the 1991 AB recording sessions, the band officially released it as a bonus track for the 30th anniversary of AB. A slower number with a smooth Edge solo in the middle.

Help! - U2

Speaking of the Beatles, here is U2's version of Help! in 1986 but slowed down to a crawl with Bono taking the vocals with the rest of the band providing only subdued support. Officially released as part of ¡Released! The Human Rights Concerts - A Conspiracy Of Hope album. The song started out on the 1986 tour but carried over beyond that. Performed 71 times.

Here Come Changes - U2

Another outtake from the 1991 AB Working Tapes. It's mostly a long 9+ minute unfinished backing track. Not officially released.

High As A Kite - U2

Another demo from the Achtung Baby era, this one evolved into Salome but with different lyrics. Not officially released.

Human Rights - U2

Somehow this ended up on a compilation album called Visionaire 53 Sound, officially released by Visionaire magazine in 2007. It was also featured on the Vertigo Tour.

U2's cover of Greg Lake's I Believe In Father Christmas, which was officially released as a digital single to support the RED Launch in 2008. I'm surprised this one doesn't get more air play when compared to Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) . . . which seemingly gets overplayed each holiday season.

I Feel Free - U2

I Want To Be Loved - U2

Inside Out - U2

Instant Kharma - U2

Ito Okashi - PASSENGERS

Back to the Original Soundtracks 1 album from 1995 for an oriental flavored instrumental. Officially released

t's Not Unusual - U2

Another trek into the world of Edge karaoke, this time from Chicago - 1997-06-19. It's a cover of the Tom Jones song from the 60's. Not officially released.

Jack In The Box - U2

An oldie but a goodie from the pre Boy / Three era. Some say it was first developed in 1978, others in 1980. It's listed as having been performed live 5 times in that time frame. Sounds like a prototypical post punk U2 song. Not officially released.

Jitterbug Baby - U2

Back to the Achtung Baby Working Tapes. Said to be recorded in 1990. Also known as I Got My High Heel Love and Walking Shoes. If you like train wrecks, then this song is for you. I complete and total mess of a song. The music is all over the place, and Bono's mostly falsetto vocals are scary laughably ungood. Not officially released.

Knockin' On Heaven's Door - U2

The band covers the Bob Dylan track as part of an appearance on an Irish TV show in 1986. The band has played the song 45 times from 1983-2010, but I do not believe any of them have been officially released.

Laughing In The Face Of Love - U2

Back to the Achtung Baby recording sessions with a primitive, early stage version of So Cruel. Also known as Sick For Love. Fans of So Cruel might want to avoid this one. Not officially released.

Levitate - U2

Levitate was a song developed for 2000’s All That You Can’t Leave Behind and was considered for The Million Dollar Hotel soundtrack. It got officially released as part of the Complete U2 digital only release in 2004. It was also added to the 20th anniversary deluxe edition of ATYCLB. Larry gets some licks in drumming on this one.

Going all the way back to 1978 for this one, a demo and studio recording. It was performed 11 times from 78-80. Not officially released.

Love Song / Sun City - SIMPLE MINDS & BONO

The last of the 3 appearances Bono made with Simple Minds. This one closed out the Dublin - 1986-06-28 Simple Minds show. Not officially released.

Love Will Tear Us Apart - U2 & ARCADE FIRE

Live cover of a Joy Division song from Montreal - 2005-11-28. Arcade Fire had opened for a leg of the Vertigo tour. Only performance of this song. Not officially released.

Love You Like Mad - U2

Another song developed for ATYCLB in 2000. Added to The Complete U2 collection in 2004. It definitely would have fit on the album and IMO is better than some of the tracks that ended up on the album. Officially released.

Lucifer's Hands - U2

This song started out in 1984 and became The Return Of The Stingray Guitar (will get to that one later), which they played live in 2010. The song got reworked and retooled and ended up called Lucifer's Hands, which was officially released as a bonus track on Songs Of Innocence in 2014 . . . 30 years after they first created it.

Lucille - THE DALTON BROTHERS

From the infamous show in Los Angeles - 1987-11-18. As the story goes, the bill was supposed to have been: The BoDeans, Los Lobos, The Pretenders, and U2 headlining (which was one heck of a line up). But Los Lobos got delayed and stuck in L.A. traffic and couldn't make the gig. So U2 donned costumes, fake accents, and went on stage in their place and played a couple of country twangy songs. The band as U2 played the song 10 other times on TJT tour. IIRC, officially released on The Joshua Tree album Remastered Super Deluxe DVD edition in 2007. A lot more funny than good.

Macarana - U2

Edge does the Macarana (the dance craze of its day) in Barcelona - 1997-09-13 as part of Edge karaoke. Thankfully there is no video. Not officially released.

Maggie's Farm - U2

Live cover of a Dylan tune from the Self-Aid for Ireland concert in 1986. First performance of the song, which ended up being played 16 times in 86-87. Officially released on the Live For Ireland album that came out in 1987 (which I don't think ever made it to CD

Mercy - U2

Mercy was a new song developed in 2004 for How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb. The song leaked on the web a couple of times, but an official studio version has not been released. The band performed it 10 times in 2010. This version was recorded in Brussels - 2010-09-22 and was officially released on the Wide Awake In Europe EP

Morning Child - U2

An early version of Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses from the AB Outtakes in 1991. Bono's vocals are flat out . . . CRINGEWORTHY. Not officially released (thankfully).

Mother & Child Reunion - U2

Stripped down cover of the Paul Simon classic as a lead in to One. This is from the HBO broadcast of their rescheduled Paris show in 2015. The crowd basically does the heavy lifting for One, as they are the ones doing most of the singing. Officially released.

Moving Out - U2

At the Cow Palace, U2 performed two new songs at their soundcheck in San Francisco - 1987-04-25 while developing songs for RAH. That's where it came from, but the back story is lacking, and it never showed up anywhere else. Not officially released.

My Hometown - U2

Yep . . . U2 plays Springsteen. And their hometown is Dublin, which is where this was performed on 1985-06-29. This is the only performance of this song. One of the last songs I would ever think the boys would take on. They do a decent job IMO. Not officially released.

My Sweet Lord - U2

U2's tribute to George Harrison when he passed away. They played it on back-to-back nights and never again in Atlanta in November 2001. Very good version. Not officially released.

My Time Hasn't Come - U2

The other song that the band played in their soundcheck in San Francisco - 1987-04-25. Not officially released and never heard again

Mysterious Ways / Where Is The Love / One - U2 & BLACK-EYED PEAS

This is what you get when you combine mega artists of different genres. From the RNR HOF Induction Ceremony in 2009. Officially released on the 25th Anniversary Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Concerts series.

Native Son - U2

An early version of a song that evolved into Vertigo, but with different lyrics. They first started work on the song in 2002. This version would eventually be released on The Complete U2 in 2004.

Near The Island - U2

An instrumental recorded in the AB era, it sat in the vault for a while and was originally called Near the Island / Night Train from Rostock. Many years later, it was added to the 30th anniversary release of the AB album as a bonus track. Sounds like it could be by any other band . . . not bad, just not very U2 sounding

New Gold Dream - U2 & SIMPLE MINDS

Simple Minds opened for U2 on some of the TUF tour. On 3 occasions, Bono joined the band to close out their set. This is a Simple Minds song from the Glascow - 1985-01-05 show. Not officially released.

Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown) - U2

Another mini Beatles cover. Bono sings the first parts of Norwegian Wood as a lead-in to Original Of The Species. From Sao Paulo - 2006-02-20. Not officially released.

Nothing Feels Like This - U2

Back tho the AB Working Tapes from 1991. A partly developed song in an early form that has some elements / chords of End Of The World in certain sections. Not officially released

Oh Berlin - U2

Another leftover AB sessions track from 1990-91. But this one was deemed good enough to merit getting tacked on many years later as a bonus track. It is believed that the backing track was completed in 1991 but vocals / backing vocals / and some keyboards added in prior to official release in 2011.

Ol' Man River - U2 & EDDIE VEDDER

Of all the songs for Vedder to join the band for, THIS is the song they picked? Recorded in Toronto - 2005-09-17. Apparently Vedder was in town and joined on stage to ding this before the close of the main set. Odd . . . very odd. Not officially released.

One Minute Warning - PASSENGERS 

You know the world is out of phase when a Passengers tracks seems like the most normal of the recent entries. This one is a very electronic / avant-garde instrumental from Original Soundtracks 1 in 1995.

People Get Ready - U2 & MARIA MCKEE

A live cover of The Impressions song from 1965. Lone Justice singer joined the boys on this one in Dublin - 1989-12-27. The song was performed 81 times from 1987-90, 8 times in 2001, and once in 2005. This version was not officially released, but IIRC live versions have been released on other official full concert releases.

People Have The Power - U2 & PATTI SMITH

U2 and Patti join forces on her song on the rescheduled Paris shows, this one on 2015-12-06. The song with Smith was performed 3 times that year. Officially released on the Innocence + Experience Live in Paris DVD. As noted earlier, Smith also played with the band on Because the Night before. She also has joined them on live versions of Instant Karma twice, Bad once, and Mothers of the Disappeared twice in 2017

Plot 180 - PASSENGERS

Another moody instrumental from Original Soundtracks 1 in 1995. It sounds like it could have been a bonus track or backing track from TUF. Officially rleeased.

Radar Love - U2

U2 tackles the AOR classic Radar Love from Dutch rock band Golden Earring. From Rotterdam - 1997-07-19. Played twice that week and never again. Not officially released.

Rain - U2

Another crack at The Beatles. Performed 6 times in 1997. And once at Milton Keynes - 1985-06-22. Not officially released.

Rise Up - U2

One of The Joshua Tree tracks that was record and left in the vault until the band worked up some old songs to issue as bonus tracks and reissued albums. This one was officially released in time for the 20th anniversary of TJT.

Sailing - U2

Edge karaoke version of the Sutherland Brothers Band song from 1972. From Edinburgh - 1997-09-02. Not officially released.

San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Some Flowers In Your Hair) - U2

Back-to-back Edge karaoke tracks . . . this one a cover of the Scott Mackenzie 60's anthem from 1967. From Oakland - 1997-06-19. Not officially released.

Saturday Matinee - U2

Hidden / bonus track found after Shadows and Tall Trees (at least on some versions of the Boy album in 1980). Basically a 30 second instrumental to close out the album. Officially released.

Saturday Night - U2

A bonus track tacked on to the the Boy album that came out on the remastered 2008 re-release. Would later evolve into the song Fire on October. I like this version better. Officially released.

Seize The Day - U2

An early version of Acrobat from the AB Working Tapes in 1991. Not officially released.

Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band & - U2 & PAUL MCCARTNEY

Paul, Bono, and the boys kicked off the Live 8 UK show in front of 200,000+ people with this one in London - 2005-07-02. When that's the opener, you know you are in for quite a day. Show made famous for the Pink Floyd reunion. Also on the bill were Coldplay, Elton John, R.E.M., Madonna, Velvet Revolver, Sting, Mariah Carey, and The Who. Pretty much a bunch of nobodies and wannabes. This version was released on iTunes with proceeds given to charity and hit #48 on the Billboard singles chart.

Silver Lining - U2

Demo track from 1979 that essentially is the music from 11 O'clock Tick Tock with different lyrics. Not officially released.

Sky Up On My Head - U2

Said to be a new song that was played during a soundcheck in Melbourne - 1998-02-21. It sounds like they borrowed some of it later in Walk On. Not officially released

Slug - PASSENGERS

Another ambient sounding track from Original Soundtracks 1 in 1995 with a middle section with Bono singing / talking. Officially released.

Smile - U2

Originally recorded during the How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb sessions in 2004, the song didn't make the final release of the album. However, several months later it was included in the Complete U2 digital release of bonus album tracks. To me, it sounds more like a track from TJT timeframe. Officially released.

Sólo Le Pido A Dios - U2 & LEON GIECO

Gieco has been an Argentinian performer for almost 50 years. This was the only time the band played this song . . . from La Plata - 2011-04-03 on the 360 tour. Not officially released.

Someone - U2

Part of a song that was recorded during the AB sessions. Doesn't sound like it became part of another song. Not officially released.

Soon - U2

Soon was a track developed for use on No Line on the Horizon, and it was one of a handful of songs held for use on what was to be called Songs of Ascent. When the U2360 tour debuted in Barcelona in 2009, the first show on the tour opened with this piece of music. The song was listed as Kingdom Intro on set lists, referred to as Kingdom of Your Love throughout the tour, and eventually was released in the deluxe version of the U2 from the Rose Bowl video as a 7-Inch single called Soon. Officially released.

Southern Man - U2

U2 performed this Neil Young cover 19 times from 1981 through 1987. This is their performance on the Old Grey Whistle Test in London - 1987-03-08. Not officially released. 

Space Baby Intermission - U2

This was a composition and recording the band put together for the intermission for their 360 tour. This is from Anaheim - 2011-06-18. There is an officially released version of this on the Live at the Rose Bowl DVD.

Speed Of Life - U2

This is an early instrumental track that was developed initially in 1979 and performed live 13 times. Sounds just like early U2. Ultimately a refined version was considered for Boy, but it did not make the final cut. However, it was added to the album in 2008 for the deluxe edition. 

Springhill Mining Disaster - U2

Powerful performance and cover of a Peggy Seeger song. This is the first time they played it, from The Late Late Show recorded in Dublin - 1987-03-16. The song was played a total of 16 times in 1987. Officially released on The Late Late Show Tribute to the Dubliners album that eventually was released in 2008.

Stand By Me - U2

Live cover of the Ben E. King song. The band has played it 82 times from 1987 to 2015. This version is from Los Angeles - 1987-11-18. They used the song in a couple of different ways, either to open shows with a more rocking version, or toward the end of the show as a more stripped-down version. One of the shows I went to started with John Lennon's version of Stand By Me, then they took the stage to play it, which segued into Pride. Can't tell if there is an official released somewhere, as I know shows where they played it have been released . . . but they may have left it out. Here's a version with an injured Bono and Bruce Springsteen.

Steering Wheel - U2

Another AB Working Tapes song known by different names from 1991. It may have ended up as music in a car commercial. It's only a piece of the song. Not officially released.

Street Mission - U2

A TV appearance from when they were called The Hype in 1978. A MUST VIEW just to laugh at how they looked. Performed 9 times in 78-79. Not officially released.

Sugar Sugar - U2

More Edge karaoke, this time a cover of The Archies song from the 60's. It was played 3 times, this was their first time . . . from Madrid - 1997-09-09. Not officially released.

Sun City - U2 & FRIENDS

Recorded on the Conspiracy of Hope Tour to support Amnesty International in 1986. This closed out their set at the final tour stop in East Rutherford - 1986-06-15. With Lou Reed, Little Steven, Nona Hendrix, and Ruben Blades. Officially released on the ¡Released! The Human Rights Concerts - A Conspiracy Of Hope album. Performed 6 times on that tour.

Sunset In Colors - Chances Away - U2

Another one from the AB Working Tracks collection in 1991. It's mostly Edge playing around with some chord progressions. Bono adds some lyrics but it's not a fully completed song. Not officially released.

Suspicious Minds - U2

More Edge karaoke, this time from Foxboro - 1997-07-02, teaming up with Fun Loving Criminals. Not sure who came up with the idea to have him perform classic oldies each night. I think most would have preferred another U2 song each show instead. Not officially released.

Sweet Baby Jane - U2

Another U2 tries a new song for the first or second time from the AB Working Tapes in 1991. It's just Bono singing and Edge on guitar. Not officially released.

Sweet Caroline - U2

More Edge karaoke of the song made famous by Neil Diamond from East Rutherford - 1997-06-01. Not originally released.

Sweet Fire Of Love - ROBBIE ROBERTSON & U2

Former lead guitarist for The Band, he collaborated with U2 on his self-entitled debut album in 1987. This one would definitely have made my main listing, as it sounds very like U2 just with 2 singers. They wrote and recorded 2 songs at the studio they were getting ready to start work on TJT. Officially released.

Sweet Jane - U2 WITH MARIA MCKEE / Sweet Jane - LONE JUSTICE WITH BONO

Cover of the Velvet Underground song. Lone Justice opened for the band on TUF tour in 1985, and McKee appeared a handful of times on either live shows or studio tracks. The band version is from Paris - 1987-06-15, while the Lone Justice version is from Hartford - 1985-04-23 when Bono joined them in their opening set. The U2 version is not officially released, but the Lone Justice version came out on their This World is Not My Home compilation album in 1999, 12 years after they disbanded.

Take Today - U2

Another one from the AB Working Tapes in 1990. A slower, more soulful track. Not officially released.

Take You Down - U2

Also from the AB Working Tapes in 1990, this one is Lady With A Spinning Head but with different lyrics. AKA Wake Up or Wake Up and Take Me Down. Not officially released. 

Tequila Sunrise - U2

Perhaps the most baffling thing the band ever did. A cover of The Eagles from Hampton - 1987-12-12. It's the first time Larry ever sang lead vocals on a song. In the show, it was sandwiched between In God's Country and Out Of Control. Just plain . . . odd. Maybe he lost a bet. Certainly not officially released.

Testimony - ROBBIE ROBERTSON & U2

The other track the band recorded with Robbie Robertson on his debut album in 1987. Also very good, but not quite as U2 sounding. Officially released.

The Ballad Of Ronnie Drew - U2 & GUESTS

An Irish ditty officially released as a tribute single in 2008 as "U2, The Dubliners, Kíla, A Band of Bowsies - “The Ballad of Ronnie Drew.” Drew was a member of the Dubliners for 50+ years. Lots of Irish musicians also are involved.

The Dream Is Over - U2

A highly quality demo recording from 1979. Sounds like you would expect early, early U2 to sound. It was performed 12 times in 79/80. Not officially released. Dublin - 1980-02-26

The Fool - U2

Another demo track, this one from 1978. It's one of their earliest recordings, thought to be from their second ever recording session. Not officially released. 

The Girl From Foggy Albion - U2

A longer version of what I posted previously as I Wanted To Be Loved, thought to be from 1991. Not officially released.

The King's New Clothes - U2

A song that was recorded as a demo back in 1979, this is a live recording from Cork - 1979-10-05. It was played 6 times that year. Not officially released.

The Lost Highway - DALTON BROTHERS

The second song the boys played dressed up in country garb while opining for themselves in Los Angeles - 1987-11-18. It was officially released on a digital release of the entire concert. They played the song 7 times that tour.

The Model - U2 & SEU JORGE

Live cover of a song from Kraftwerk in Sao Paulo - 2011-04-13. Only performance of the song. Not officially released.

The Return Of The Stingray Guitar - U2

This framework for this song started out in 1984 during TUF sessions and was said to have been rediscovered when the band started work on the deluxe editions of albums in 2008 and was likely considered for the NLOTH album. The band opened 33 dates of the European Leg of the 2010 360 tour with it. It got a new coat of paint and lyrics and turned into Lucifer's Hands on Songs of Innocence in 2014.

The Times They Are A Changin' - U2

A brief version was played in Dublin - 1989-12-31 as a lead in to New Year's Day.

Theme From Let's Go Native - PASSENGERS

Haven't had a Passengers song in a while. From the Original Soundtracks 1 album in 1995.

Theme From New York, New York - U2

Edge karaoke version of the Frank Sinatra song. From East Rutherford - 1997-06-03. Not officially released.

Theme From The Swan - PASSENGERS

Another  Passengers track from the Original Soundtracks 1 album in 1995.

This Is - U2

A one off live in studio performance in New York - 2013-06-21 of an Aslan tune, an Irish band. Apparently this was part of A Night For Christy, a good will performance that was held in Dublin to recognize Christy Dignam, lead singer of Aslan since 1982. I don't think it's been officially released

Trevor - U2

A demo from 1979 that evolved into Touch, which was performed 49 times from 1979-1981. Trevor was not officially released, while Touch was the B-Side to 11 O'Clock Tick Tock in 1980.

United Colours - PASSENGERS

Some interesting effects from the Original Soundtracks 1 album in 1995.

Untitled Instrumental - U2

From a studio session from TUF era in 1984. Has a Bullet The Blue Sky vibe. Not officially released.

Viva Davidoff - PASSENGERS

Another Passengers track, but one that wasn't on the Original Soundtracks 1 album. This was the B-side to Miss Sarajevo and also on a CD single from 1995.

Volare - U2

Edge karaoke cover of a Domenico Modugno song from Reggio Emilia - 1997-09-20. Not officially released.

Wake Up Dead Man - U2

Not the same song from Pop. This is from the AB Working Tapes in 1991. It's similar to Lady With The Spinning Head but with different lyrics. Not officially released.

We Love You - U2

Recorded in Merksem - 2001-08-06 on the Elevation tour. It's a really good song that popped up out of nowhere and was never played again. Not officially released.

We Will Rock You - U2

A live cover of the arena rocking Queen song from Mexico City - 1992-11-25. Never played before or after. Not officially released.

What's Going On - U2

Studio cover of a Marvin Gaye song, which I believe was released officially as a Spotify Single in 2017. The band played it 30 times in 2001 (and 2 times in the 70s). Here is a collaboration with Gwen Stefani in Las Vegas - 2001-11-18.

Whiskey In The Jar - U2

More Edge karaoke, this time from Dublin - 1997-08-31.

White Christmas - U2

A short version of Irving Berling's holiday classic, used as a lead in to Angel of Harlem in Dortmund - 1989-12-16. Not officially released.

Wave Of Sorrow (Birdland) - U2

This started out as an instrumental piece called Birdland in TJT era but was abandoned in 1987. For the Joshua Tree reissue in 2007, U2 recorded additional material for the song, including newly-written lyrics by Bono. Officially released.

We Almost Made It This Time - U2

An outtake from RAH in 1988. Bono singing accompanied by Edge on acoustic guitar. Not released as a track of its own.

Wild Irish Rose - U2

Originally an outtake from RAH in 1988, the song ended up in the indie music film The Roots Of Irish Rock. Not officially released.

Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow - U2

Another short form cover from a mostly acoustic version of a song written by Carole King. Used as a lead in to Where The Streets in Oakland - 2011-06-07. Not officially released.

Womanfish - U2

An unreleased song recorded live on the TV Gaga Show in Dublin - 1986-01-30. Larry goes full throttle on the drums on this one. Extreme energy. One of my favorite unreleased songs. Never played again. Not officially released.

Women Of The World  - U2

The band played a pre-recorded version of this track at intermission in San Jose - 2018-05-07. The same tape was played for an officially released performance in Berlin - 2018-11-13.

Won't Get Fooled Again - U2

Live cover of The Who's classic rock track from Who's Next in 1971. The band closed out their set in New York - 2000-12-05 with ta rocking performance, the only time they played this song. Not officially released.

Xanax And Wine - U2

Recorded during the HTDAAB sessions. It ended up officially released when the band put out multiple demos of songs in 2004. It's an early version of the song Fast Cars.

XXX - KENDRICK LAMAR & U2

A rap song with Bono singing two passages? How odd. Even though U2 is credited, it's only Bono. Officially released on Lamar's Damn album in 2017.

Yoshino Blossom - U2

An instrumental track recorded during TUF sessions. It was revisited and added to the deluxe reissue in 2009.

Your Song Saved My Life - U2

The latest official entry in the U2 catalog, a song from the Sing 2 contract that was released at the end of 2021

As an fyi I will be ranking the following 60 songs from this thread in the main U2 rebooted rankings for a total of 288 songs ranked

I know several other songs from here have been ranked by others that I am not doing. Will explain when we do the rerankings.

Alone In The Light - THE HYPE (U2)

Be There - U2

Beat On The Brat - U2

Book Of Your Heart - U2

Cartoon World - U2

C'mon Everybody - U2

Desert Of Our Love - U2

Disappearing Act - U2

Down All The Days - U2

Everybody Loves A Winner - U2 & MARIA MCKEE.

False Prophet - U2

Flower Child - U2

Glastonbury - U2

Going Down South - U2

High As A Kite - U2

I Feel Free - U2

Instant Kharma - U2

Jitterbug Baby - U2

Levitate - U2

Love You Like Mad - U2