What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TY Hilton in walking boot (1 Viewer)

So he doesn't practice today and is in a boot. And he's listed as probable? Are people still starting him?

I can totally see using this as justification to bench him this week but you know what happens if you do that. You get to watch him get one of his handful of 100 +yard games with a td. Lots of owners benched him week 2 after his week 1 dud. If we hear anything else negative, he's off to the bench, but for now he's still in my lineup. ..I find it hard to believe they would list him as probable if it were anything even remotely serious. I will trust this coaching staff for now...

I have Nelson on a bye so I can't take a chance with him.

I traded L.Miller for A. Brown.

Rather wait until he's out of the boot and at full strength b4 playing.

I planned on starting him as my flex this week, so I'm just going to chalk this up as Hilton playing a joke on little ole' me.

Haha! Very funny, T! You prankster, you!

donkshow said:
Just got an update. Walking boot is a precaution, will play Sunday...
So is the entire team in a precautionary walking boot for Sunday's game?

He may play but nobody just walks around in a walking boot unless you have a problem.

This is disappointing. Just picked up Ryan Broyles to possibly start over TY, my only other option is Andre Roberts. :mellow:

Was hoping for big things from TY and I bought into the hype. Sometimes it just doesn't work out the way you planned it. Some hit, some don't.

Thanks for the heads up though, wouldn't have known about the walking boot if not for this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
IF TY is out, is any WR aside from DHB and Wayne worth taking a flier on? (assume deep leagues only)

Last edited by a moderator:
need2know said:
I can totally see using this as justification to bench him this week but you know what happens if you do that. You get to watch him get one of his handful of 100 +yard games with a td. Lots of owners benched him week 2 after his week 1 dud. If we hear anything else negative, he's off to the bench, but for now he's still in my lineup. ..I find it hard to believe they would list him as probable if it were anything even remotely serious. I will trust this coaching staff for now...
Hi. This is ol' Stompin Tom. I'm your friend.

And like you, I used to be a glass half full guy when it came to dinged FF soldiers on the STC squad. I believed that they would rise up above the strife and pain of high ankle sprains, turf toe, hip pointers, and bone bruises -- that their innate talent and sheer fighting spirit would help them outplay their ADP and surpass their weekly projections like Roadrunner gunning past that mangy ole coyote, stopping long enough to flip a tongue at the naysayers before rocketing past them to reception yard and TD glory.

And I'm here to tell you that it's OK. Keep on believing. It's what makes you and me special and generally fun to be around, pointing out the beautiful bountiful forest from all those pesky trees.

But as one happy go lucky soul to another, I also want to ensure that one of those trees doesn't smack you squarely in the bridge of the nose as you skip tra hally la la through the forest. For all our positive energy, we need to really recognize the weight of reality.

And here is what ol' STC sees as the reality of the Hilton situation:

1) He's immensely talented and has shown rare flashes, but nowhere near the consistency that we can rely on him at any given time. This was true last year, and true this year -- witness the monster effort in MIA vs the other two games where he combined 5 for 33).

2) He's in an offense where they do not rely on him as a primary receiver or as an end zone target.

3) He is playing against the Jags, so likely we'll see TRich and Fleener score early and then Luck will transition to a slow grind of the clock for the second half.

4) He's in a boot. Toe injuries don't bode well for a player whose primary strength is breakaway speed and separation from defenders.

Certainly possible that Eugene can put up a monster game against a weak offense. But way more probable that he will continue his role in the offense and the team chooses to save his deep threat game-breaking skills for a tougher contest down the road. Would not be relying on T.Y. to be a factor to help your team this weekend.

Keep being that shining spirit that you are, but please don't let false hope over TY lead your team to a critical early season loss where separation from the pack is necessary.

Cheers,

STC

(PS, totally get that you stated you could understand benching him, esp. if there is more negative news coming today. Also get that your viewpoint that if it was more serious, we'd think we'd hear more and that he'd be listed questionable, and that all you were saying is that you never know when T.Y. could break out. Just needed to wax poetic and verbosely so that I can pretend to be working in peace and not engage my in-laws who is staying the weekend. Thanks for your indulgence.)

need2know said:
Hi. This is ol' Stompin Tom. I'm your friend.

And like you, I used to be a glass half full guy when it came to dinged FF soldiers on the STC squad. I believed that they would rise up above the strife and pain of high ankle sprains, turf toe, hip pointers, and bone bruises -- that their innate talent and sheer fighting spirit would help them outplay their ADP and surpass their weekly projections like Roadrunner gunning past that mangy ole coyote, stopping long enough to flip a tongue at the naysayers before rocketing past them to reception yard and TD glory.

And I'm here to tell you that it's OK. Keep on believing. It's what makes you and me special and generally fun to be around, pointing out the beautiful bountiful forest from all those pesky trees.

But as one happy go lucky soul to another, I also want to ensure that one of those trees doesn't smack you squarely in the bridge of the nose as you skip tra hally la la through the forest. For all our positive energy, we need to really recognize the weight of reality.

And here is what ol' STC sees as the reality of the Hilton situation:

1) He's immensely talented and has shown rare flashes, but nowhere near the consistency that we can rely on him at any given time. This was true last year, and true this year -- witness the monster effort in MIA vs the other two games where he combined 5 for 33).

2) He's in an offense where they do not rely on him as a primary receiver or as an end zone target.

3) He is playing against the Jags, so likely we'll see TRich and Fleener score early and then Luck will transition to a slow grind of the clock for the second half.

4) He's in a boot. Toe injuries don't bode well for a player whose primary strength is breakaway speed and separation from defenders.

Certainly possible that Eugene can put up a monster game against a weak offense. But way more probable that he will continue his role in the offense and the team chooses to save his deep threat game-breaking skills for a tougher contest down the road. Would not be relying on T.Y. to be a factor to help your team this weekend.

Keep being that shining spirit that you are, but please don't let false hope over TY lead your team to a critical early season loss where separation from the pack is necessary.

Cheers,

STC

(PS, totally get that you stated you could understand benching him, esp. if there is more negative news coming today. Also get that your viewpoint that if it was more serious, we'd think we'd hear more and that he'd be listed questionable, and that all you were saying is that you never know when T.Y. could break out. Just needed to wax poetic and verbosely so that I can pretend to be working in peace and not engage my in-laws who is staying the weekend. Thanks for your indulgence.)
Thanks for the thoughtful post. It's either him or roddy white for me so you can see why I am trying to be optimistic with hilton

Let me tell you something, whatever everyone is expecting out of this game...expect the opposite. The consensus is never right about the NFL so save yourself from reading the posters above mind #### because they're always wrong

So what's the forecast for this guy? Is he healthy again? Will he ascend to be a big part of the offense (8-10 targets a game)?

Users who are viewing this thread