What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

To Financial Coach... a coach is gonna coach (1 Viewer)

I kind of like a combo of 3 and 4. Like, if the coloring of 4 was the green and gray I would like it better. I like the up arrow pointing to your name.

So maybe # 4, but:

1. Change the graph and arrow to green. Implies financial success (green market)

2. Have your name in Green also? Not sure....would need to see how it looks

3. Make the other part of the triangle darker charcoal, and then the Financial Coaching in the same darker charcoal, with that font size being a tick smaller. Your name should stand out here.

Just my .02

1 - My second favorite, but I don't really like the color ...... also I'm colorblind and it looks light purple to me

2- My first favorite, I like the font and the tree.... would you get sued by the PGA for that one?

3- Not a huge fan... kind of looks like giant arms hugging a building 

4- bit too generic looking IMO

can't see the fifth one anywhere

ChiefD said:
I kind of like a combo of 3 and 4. Like, if the coloring of 4 was the green and gray I would like it better. I like the up arrow pointing to your name.

So maybe # 4, but:

1. Change the graph and arrow to green. Implies financial success (green market)

3. Make the other part of the triangle darker charcoal, and then the Financial Coaching in the same darker charcoal, with that font size being a tick smaller. Your name should stand out here.

Just my .02
4 is killed for me... someone said it could be looked at as being lude and now I can't unsee it. Kind of like looking at the Bulls logo upside down and ot looks like a robot doing bad things to a lobster. 

I like the suggestions but maybe also ask to make changes so it doesn't look phallic? I also hate the font on 4

Last edited by a moderator:
jrt103 said:
1 - My second favorite, but I don't really like the color ...... also I'm colorblind and it looks light purple to me

2- My first favorite, I like the font and the tree.... would you get sued by the PGA for that one?

2 and 4 got the most positive feedback. As I mentioned 4 is kinds dead to me. 

Thinking of focusing on 2. I like the idea of the tree for the growing but some people are confused on the tree... like landscaping or something. 

For now, this is the feedback I gave to the graphics company. I will share what they come back with:

I am torn on 2 and 4 concepts. Moat of the positive feedback was on those. #2 I like the tree for "growth" concept. I am wondering if there was a way to use that but emphasize financial rather than landscaping or something. #4 I like the triangle with arrow but someone mentioned it could be seen as phallic and I can't unsee that now. Any ideas on reworking it so it isnt phallic? Color concepts, I am liking Green for growth and money and yellow for optimism. Not sure if those clash. Further background. The Financial Coaching first niche will be focused on first time home buyers. I don't want to focus too much on that in the logo as I don't want to be locked in to that. However, on the other end, housing is a large part of most Americans wealth and a specialty of mine.

ChiefD said:

So maybe # 4, but:

Just my .02
I like that idea. 2 or 4 for me.

I like 4 the best.  2 is good but combined with Masters it reminds me of golf not financial services.  Maybe if you got rid of the curve above the tree that would help.  4 is great as it implies a strong financial base is important and the arrow pointing up for growth.  Good luck  

Maybe put some tiny hundred dollar bills on the tree making it a Money Tree

tagline something about money growing on trees or growing wealth

I like 4 the best.  2 is good but combined with Masters it reminds me of golf not financial services.  Maybe if you got rid of the curve above the tree that would help.  4 is great as it implies a strong financial base is important and the arrow pointing up for growth.  Good luck  
I had them play with 2 and 4 more... I am not liking 4 so I just sent them a message to focus on more changes to 2. The latest was made the tree less prominent and an arrow going up from after circling the tree.... I like the tree analogy in terms of financial coaching, it is something I have used in the past to explain things. I asked them to do something that would allude to a home but without it looking outright like a home and see what they come up with 

Maybe put some tiny hundred dollar bills on the tree making it a Money Tree

tagline something about money growing on trees or growing wealth
I like the tree but I am looking to make it less prominent in the logo right now. You have a good idea here but it would be more like doubling down on it. If my last name was Forester or something maybe I would go all in on that.  

I had the same thought

I have no idea if your idea is good, but it sounds like something you’re passionate about and relatively low risk. Go for it!

My financial questions:

Is there ever a time credit score is inconsequential? I have no debt, decent savings and no plans to take out a loan for the foreseeable future. My credit is frozen ATM.

If you were 50 and in a similar financial situation, how would you invest $100K?

I have no idea if your idea is good, but it sounds like something you’re passionate about and relatively low risk. Go for it!

My financial questions:

Is there ever a time credit score is inconsequential? I have no debt, decent savings and no plans to take out a loan for the foreseeable future. My credit is frozen ATM.

If you were 50 and in a similar financial situation, how would you invest $100K?
A credit score is a tool and nothing more. That tool is used to tell creditors that you are a good risk to lend money to and thus they will be willing to lend you it on better terms for you. If you are not using credit then it is inconsequential. HOWEVER, the MOST important part of credit is time. Length of credit history and on time payments. If you do not use credit then all your tradelines will close and you have no on time payments (because there were no payments to make) and then if you NEED or WANT credit, say buy a house, then you are stuck because you can never get that time back. If you simply use the system for your benefit with a little bit of discipline, you can get 1-6% return on all purchases, not spend a cent on interest and keep a good credit score ready for use at any time you wish. All you do is use a reward card(s) to buy everything you would have already bought anyways and pay it off in full each month. That simple. Your credit is there waiting for you as you choose or not choose to use it. On top of the return on the rewards cards, you have so much added protection and perks on credit cards than you do with cash (none) or even debit cards (much more limited protection and usually no perks). So, my advice is to use the system to your benefit and then by doing so you keep your credit score good to use when you want to or not. 

To make sure all are on the same page, frozen credit only means no one can do a hard inquiry on your credit at all. Your credit is still having all the information reported into it and can spit out a credit score once the freeze is removed. It does not impact your credit for the good or bad either way. It just blocks inquiries. 

At 50, you are getting up closer to retirement age (I am not too far behind you) so you would want to really start to protect those funds. On top of that, the stock market looks a little frothy to me at the moment. I would likely look towards moving funds into a bond fund for now and then balance it out with some index funds as the market cools. Of course, making sure you keep a good amount of money liquid for a rainy day. I am much more aggressive in my own funds but need to start thinking of over riding that nature and go more conservative as I gain more and more gray hairs. 

:lol:

My financial questions:

I forgot to mention.... credit impacts more than getting a loan or credit card. For example, in 48 states poor or no credit means higher insurance premiums. 

I forgot to mention.... credit impacts more than getting a loan or credit card. For example, in 48 states poor or no credit means higher insurance premiums. 
Thanks. To be clear, my credit is frozen, which prevents me from getting a loan or line of credit. But I still use my credit card, paying it each month in full and accumulating cash back (which I almost never use). 

And my credit score has been hovering around 800 for years. I haven’t checked it recently though, as I’m under the assumption it isn’t too important given my circumstances.

Thanks. To be clear, my credit is frozen, which prevents me from getting a loan or line of credit. But I still use my credit card, paying it each month in full and accumulating cash back (which I almost never use). 

And my credit score has been hovering around 800 for years. I haven’t checked it recently though, as I’m under the assumption it isn’t too important given my circumstances.
You can unfreeze the credit if needed, it really isn't that big of a deal. The benefitthere is preventingsomeonefrom using your credit to get a loan or credit card. The credit card will help keep your credit good. 

My financial questions:

For better or for worse there are other companies that use credit scores. It is common practice for insurance companies as they correlate poor credit with increased claims risk.  So even if you never plan to take out a loan it is still important to have decent credit.

Did you guys see this story about Dave Ramsey firing people for having premarital relations?

Whoa
Yup... not sure if that article goes into it but it is the hypocrisy that takes it to a different level for me. They are quick to fire the average cog person that goes outside the lines but he has a co host Chris Hogan where extra marital affairs came up just before a big book tour... oddly enough, they kept him on board... well, at least until after the book tour.

If you are committed to God... great, then do it but don't act like you are while really worshipping the almighty dollar and then giving people really bad advice on credit, mortgages, insurance and investing in the process. Plus, don't be a jerkface to people. It gives Christians a bad name. 

An update for those who care...

I have pushed forward but not really on this. It is hard to focus on the things I need to do when I have to take care of my main source of income and then the kids as well (even more so with the summer). 

The main driver has been growing a FB group I have "Credit Score Masters" which is focused on credit scores but with a special emphasis on buying a home and overall long term financial health. In Jan it was at about 300 people. It just surpassed 6K a few days ago. It has been building quite a brand and following for me and will be beneficial when I really put things together on this. 

I have taken on a few clients doing what I call a "Audit and Plan" where I have them fill out a questionnaire, get access to their credit and then provide them a written review of it all and give them specific directions on what they need to do. I offer to provide support in connecting with a broker and if they want me to review things like the loan estimate etc for questions. There is also a follow up call session for them. 

The group has also generated more revenue in affiliate products that I have long had and recommended when appropriate. Increasing that to a couple hundred a month.

I have a few things in the works and many more ideas but the only money spent so far has been to secure a domain. I have someone lined up to build a website for me (any advice on that is welcomed, she is actually from the FB group and is thankful for the help so she said she would give me a big discount.... from $2500 to  $1500 but I have not reviewed her past works yet or even looked for competing bids... heck, I am not even sure what to ask about or things I need for the site etc). This will open up a few opportunities that I think will increase revenue into the tens of thousands. 

So, not much spent, a few hundred extra each month with little difference to effort or time for me so far. I would say that is a win to this point. 

Users who are viewing this thread