What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thoughts on Veterans helped by the Draft (1 Viewer)

stbugs

Footballguy
I will start off with a biased opinion, but after drafting 2 guys to bolster the defense and Winston/Spencer to bolster the OL,...

Oh, and of course somehow making it through the Reggie Bush phenomena, I think Dominick Davis couldn't have had a better draft.

I held out no hope that he was going to have any value yesterday at 12:01pm, but after the Texans first 4 picks, I couldn't hold in the excitement.

I will also throw in another biased opinion that Willie Parker also staved off a potential value freefall when Pittsburgh traded up to take Holmes.

As for guys I don't have on my roster, I would say that Curtis Martin/Jets QB????, Brees, and Westbrook (not so much McNabb since he has a net loss at WR) and maybe Chris Simms/Caddy.

I will start off with a biased opinion, but after drafting 2 guys to bolster the defense and Winston/Spencer to bolster the OL,...

Oh, and of course somehow making it through the Reggie Bush phenomena, I think Dominick Davis couldn't have had a better draft.

I held out no hope that he was going to have any value yesterday at 12:01pm, but after the Texans first 4 picks, I couldn't hold in the excitement.

I will also throw in another biased opinion that Willie Parker also staved off a potential value freefall when Pittsburgh traded up to take Holmes.

As for guys I don't have on my roster, I would say that Curtis Martin/Jets QB????, Brees, and Westbrook (not so much McNabb since he has a net loss at WR) and maybe Chris Simms/Caddy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ron Dayne and Tatum Bell had a great draft. Aaron Brooks had a great draft.

Mewelde Moore, Ciatrick Fason and those guys could have had a worse draft.

I think Edgerrin James and the Cards' receivers had a good draft, although it might not show up for awhile.

I think Plummer had a good draft IN THE SHORT TERM.

Actually, you could probably go on for a long time with guys who were expected to get competition through the draft and didn't or got some good help.

Even with the Eagles getting Jason Avant in the 4th (good value), I think Reggie Brown had a good draft with no 1st day WRs nor Javon Walker coming to Philly.

Guys that I have that I think came out positive:

Javon Walker

Jake Plummer

Frank Gore

Guys that were adversely affected:

Chris Brown

I think Gado/Green value just increased in GB.

I also agree that Parker's value is up a little as is DDs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ron Dayne and Tatum Bell had a great draft. Aaron Brooks had a great draft.

Mewelde Moore, Ciatrick Fason and those guys could have had a worse draft.

I think Edgerrin James and the Cards' receivers had a good draft, although it might not show up for awhile.

I think Plummer had a good draft IN THE SHORT TERM.

Actually, you could probably go on for a long time with guys who were expected to get competition through the draft and didn't or got some good help.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with you on Brooks, people keep mentioning Walter as the heir apparent, but Brooks just turned 30 and has no injury history that I am aware of, so he could easily QB quite a few more years. Maybe Shell will bring him around and without a Young/Leinart/Cutler breathing down his neck, he has a full arsenal (Moss/Porter/Gabriel/Jordan) to do pretty well.I have two potential keepers at QB (Brady and possibly McNair if he goes to Baltimore with Mason/Clayton/Heap), but I will definitely go after Brooks if I can.

Maybe next year instead of this year, but I think Boldin and Fitzgerald look even better now than in the past. I mean Leinart, Edge, AND those two? Wow.

I've got Larry Johnson (w/ Holmes), Tiki Barber (w/ Jacobs), & Ron Dayne on a FF dynasty roster.

I couldn't be happier about my RB stable right now. I was watching the NYG & DEN draft for RBs very, very carefully - especially in the first 3 rounds.

Still don't like Alex Smith much, but getting Bryant through FA and now Vernon Davis in the draft, has got to beneficial for him.

Users who are viewing this thread