What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Wheel of Time - Books only (1 Viewer)

funny quote from reddit regarding the audiobooks  

The Damane are introduced at the same time as we start learning about Domani and we first see them through the eyes of Doman. Audiobook was a wild ride until I got it straight

:lmao:

The Gator said:
funny quote from reddit regarding the audiobooks  

The Damane are introduced at the same time as we start learning about Domani and we first see them through the eyes of Doman. Audiobook was a wild ride until I got it straight

:lmao:
My road bike is a Trek Domane. I think about this often.

I'm not looking directly at text or anything right now, but you are correct about the avendesora (?sp) leaf. Apparently this hasn't been omitted from the show as there's a picture floating around of Padan Fain holding a leaf. Why we missed out on a description of the ways by Loial, and why Moiraine needed to channel to open the ways, I don't know. It's a pretty simple process, and it's apparently still a mechanism in the show. The dumbest part of all of it was the exposition from her about not channeling in the ways, but then to open the door to leave, she channels herself. It also bothers me these things are all just standing out in the open, and they're a known component of this world. "Agelmar block up your Stargate" is basically what Moiraine said this past episode. Pretty dumb addition IYAM.

My 3 biggest complaints with the show are how they're overcomplicating parts for unnecessary, pretty confusing reasons. One of them they just ignored (girls who the sisters know can channel were allowed to leave the tower with a banished sister), this way gate one added an extra dimension to the process for no reason, and the whole Siuan and Moiraine marriage over the oathrod thing affects their future relationships, if they have any, and 3 different issues with the oathrod I won't get into because of spoilers.

So I don't have confirmation of this theory, but both had a bit of it myself and then say others (YouTube, etc) speculating about it also. When the actor that plays Matt left after episode 6 was filmed, they had to scramble to basically rewrite episodes 7 and 8. I think they changed the waygates then to be opened via channeling so there was an "excuse" why they couldn't just open the gate to go back and get Matt ("can't channel in the Ways!" reasons). There is a small nod to the leaf in her weave to open the gate (it's like the leaf, just bigger). Add in that there is obviously a leaf still in use (the Fain image) I wouldn't be surprised if the leaf is used going forward and channeling to open them was simply a cheap way of "fixing" the plot of why they couldn't go get Matt.

FWIW, I think the actor leaving caused a number of other problems, particularly in ep. 8. I think Perrin's story in the show mostly would have been Matt. Even possible Matt would have still had the dagger and had it stolen in that scenario (so Fain could have it still).

But I definitely agree about the overcomplications. I didn't care for the oath rod exposition, extra oath stuff. I'll have to look into the idea of "marriage" but as it is now, I don't really buy that. But I also don't foresee there being an issue given some other events that are yet to happen that I won't go into here for spoiler reasons. Let's just say those changes could have relationship effects if the show wants. Or they could go a more polyamorous route potentially.

I have not read these books and I doubt I ever will.

This thread makes this series seem painful to read. I could be wrong but I have not seen much if anything positive about the story. 

I guess I am just wondering why you guys are reading it. What is it about the story you liked? How would you sell this to a guy who likes reading. Up above I mentioned I will probably never read this series. To be honest that is a result of people talking about how slow, long, and painful much of it is.

So why do the fans like this series and continue to read it?

Sorry for a long reply (adding a TL;DR), but I've been thinking about this lately. Both in relation to the books themselves, but as I think about it as it relates to the show also.
TL;DR: good story, characters and story grow, good ending, enjoy the writing style, world setting and re-read for the foreshadowing.

1. I like the story and the world that is built. It may start out a seeming a bit derivative, but it quickly comes into its own. It's one of the best described worlds I've read about in fantasy. I think the length allows that, but the length is also a bit of a con (to your point about being harder to read).
  2. It evolves throughout the story and gets more complex as the series goes on. I won't go into specifics, but the first book (even the first couple) are fairly "traditional" tropes as it goes to the fantasy genre (or post-technology world). As it goes on, we get much more complex (for the sake of avoiding spoilers, I won't go into details). This applies to the character arcs as well - they grow and change over the course of the series.
  3. One of the best or most satisfying series endings. Didn't necessarily wrap everything up, but did get the important things and left the reader wondering a bit also. Payoff for some of the tougher areas to read.
  4. I think the "slog" (6/7 - 10) is a bit of a thing, but much less with all the books out and available. It's a thing because the storylines explode, and people who have favorites may not get as much as they want in any one book. But there are also some pretty awesome scenes in these books. Could probably have been cut down a bit with tighter editing.
  5. I like fantasy that is "post-technology" - some of my favorite series in addition to WoT do this or incorporate sci-fi (see: Pern, Darkover, Shannara, Death Gate Cycle are a few I recall).
  6. A more minor point, but I like that it presents powerful women. There are plenty of things to critique about Jordan's writing and portrayal of women but if you give it a minor nod to the time it was written in, it is pretty progressive for it's time (I don't mean this in a political sense, but just in the sense of writing women to have strong positions of power).
  7. The series changes (IMO) depending on how old you are when you read it. I've read it when I was younger (late teens, early 20s) and then again and I find myself identifying with or appreciating different things on different re-reads.
  8. The writing style uses an unreliable narrator style a lot, and that wasn't something I picked up on until somewhat recently. Basically, it tells you things as the character who's PoV you are seeing "knows" things to be. Which could be wrong. And it doesn't always correct that for books sometimes.
  9. Lastly, and I think this is why people like to re-read it - Jordan was the master of foreshadowing. Little threads in an early book are picked up on a expanded later on. A one liner from a character that means nothing the first time through is a grand revelation the 2nd time through, for example.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for a long reply (adding a TL;DR), but I've been thinking about this lately. Both in relation to the books themselves, but as I think about it as it relates to the show also.
TL;DR: good story, characters and story grow, good ending, enjoy the writing style, world setting and re-read for the foreshadowing.

1. I like the story and the world that is built. It may start out a seeming a bit derivative, but it quickly comes into its own. It's one of the best described worlds I've read about in fantasy. I think the length allows that, but the length is also a bit of a con (to your point about being harder to read).
  2. It evolves throughout the story and gets more complex as the series goes on. I won't go into specifics, but the first book (even the first couple) are fairly "traditional" tropes as it goes to the fantasy genre (or post-technology world). As it goes on, we get much more complex (for the sake of avoiding spoilers, I won't go into details). This applies to the character arcs as well - they grow and change over the course of the series.
  3. One of the best or most satisfying series endings. Didn't necessarily wrap everything up, but did get the important things and left the reader wondering a bit also. Payoff for some of the tougher areas to read.
  4. I think the "slog" (6/7 - 10) is a bit of a thing, but much less with all the books out and available. It's a thing because the storylines explode, and people who have favorites may not get as much as they want in any one book. But there are also some pretty awesome scenes in these books. Could probably have been cut down a bit with tighter editing.
  5. I like fantasy that is "post-technology" - some of my favorite series in addition to WoT do this or incorporate sci-fi (see: Pern, Darkover, Shannara, Death Gate Cycle are a few I recall).
  6. A more minor point, but I like that it presents powerful women. There are plenty of things to critique about Jordan's writing and portrayal of women but if you give it a minor nod to the time it was written in, it is pretty progressive for it's time (I don't mean this in a political sense, but just in the sense of writing women to have strong positions of power).
  7. The series changes (IMO) depending on how old you are when you read it. I've read it when I was younger (late teens, early 20s) and then again and I find myself identifying with or appreciating different things on different re-reads.
  8. The writing style uses an unreliable narrator style a lot, and that wasn't something I picked up on until somewhat recently. Basically, it tells you things as the character who's PoV you are seeing "knows" things to be. Which could be wrong. And it doesn't always correct that for books sometimes.
  9. Lastly, and I think this is why people like to re-read it - Jordan was the master of foreshadowing. Little threads in an early book are picked up on a expanded later on. A one liner from a character that means nothing the first time through is a grand revelation the 2nd time through, for example.
Excellent answer, thank you

So I don't have confirmation of this theory, but both had a bit of it myself and then say others (YouTube, etc) speculating about it also. When the actor that plays Matt left after episode 6 was filmed, they had to scramble to basically rewrite episodes 7 and 8. I think they changed the waygates then to be opened via channeling so there was an "excuse" why they couldn't just open the gate to go back and get Matt ("can't channel in the Ways!" reasons). There is a small nod to the leaf in her weave to open the gate (it's like the leaf, just bigger). Add in that there is obviously a leaf still in use (the Fain image) I wouldn't be surprised if the leaf is used going forward and channeling to open them was simply a cheap way of "fixing" the plot of why they couldn't go get Matt.

FWIW, I think the actor leaving caused a number of other problems, particularly in ep. 8. I think Perrin's story in the show mostly would have been Matt. Even possible Matt would have still had the dagger and had it stolen in that scenario (so Fain could have it still).

But I definitely agree about the overcomplications. I didn't care for the oath rod exposition, extra oath stuff. I'll have to look into the idea of "marriage" but as it is now, I don't really buy that. But I also don't foresee there being an issue given some other events that are yet to happen that I won't go into here for spoiler reasons. Let's just say those changes could have relationship effects if the show wants. Or they could go a more polyamorous route potentially.
The first time I saw the idea it was a marriage was from a staunchly conservative guy, and I thought, "well, I didn't even pick up on that, I kind of see it, but it's probably just this guy's issues with homosexuality causing him to be so sure." The second time, I was watching a married gay couple on their Youtube channel, and both of them thought it was a lesbian marriage as well. They even called one of the guys parents to talk about the episode, the only time all season they did that. Wheel Talk is the channel, and I thought their reviews were the best I found. I wish they'd post one for the finale.

I really don't have a problem with it on the face of it, but there are at least 5 complications in the future with the way they did it and with whom. Gay (bi) green warders and lesbian Aes Sedai are the best two ways to include homosexuality in the show. The second was alluded to in the books, especially the prequel.

To your #7 in your post below, every time I re-read them, I have a different take on characters. The two main ones were Mat and Perrin. The first time through, I didn't like Mat much at all, and Perrin was probably my second favorite. Hated most of the girls, especially Nynaeve. I blame that on a standard complaint of how Jordan wrote women. He featured them prominently, but the writing wasn't the best. The second time through and continuing, Mat is my favorite by far, and I hated Perrin the second time. I softened my stance on Perrin in the 3rd read (listen). His storyline is the worst during the slog, but Sanderson brings him back nicely. I like Nynaeve as well now, and she's in my top 4-5 characters.

That's an interesting take with the gate, and it makes sense. There was a screen shot released in media which wasn't in the show, and it had Fain holding an avendasora leaf, so I don't know if they're still going to make the gates accessible that way, but I no longer have the same level of complaint I had previously. I still would've handled it differently. His departure and the Covid break in general had a pretty big impact on the final two episodes, both in quality and probably Perrin and Loial's storylines. I still think they butchered most of the plotlines in the finale, and that was due to poor choices which were going to arise even if they didn't have those issues.

1. Lastly, and I think this is why people like to re-read it - Jordan was the master of foreshadowing. Little threads in an early book are picked up on a expanded later on. A one liner from a character that means nothing the first time through is a grand revelation the 2nd time through, for example.
I agree with this wholeheartedly.  During my last re-read I still found new and intriguing tidbits to unpack that I'd previously missed

The first time I saw the idea it was a marriage was from a staunchly conservative guy, and I thought, "well, I didn't even pick up on that, I kind of see it, but it's probably just this guy's issues with homosexuality causing him to be so sure." The second time, I was watching a married gay couple on their Youtube channel, and both of them thought it was a lesbian marriage as well. They even called one of the guys parents to talk about the episode, the only time all season they did that. Wheel Talk is the channel, and I thought their reviews were the best I found. I wish they'd post one for the finale.

That's an interesting take with the gate, and it makes sense. There was a screen shot released in media which wasn't in the show, and it had Fain holding an avendasora leaf, so I don't know if they're still going to make the gates accessible that way, but I no longer have the same level of complaint I had previously. I still would've handled it differently. His departure and the Covid break in general had a pretty big impact on the final two episodes, both in quality and probably Perrin and Loial's storylines. I still think they butchered most of the plotlines in the finale, and that was due to poor choices which were going to arise even if they didn't have those issues.

I actually kinda agree with the bolded re: finale plotlines. I think they could have done better there and wish they'd taken their time. I think fans were mostly ok with them making some changes to the end as TEotW has one of the weaker endings overall, but the execution and choices made were not great. It's pretty interesting though that there is a pretty decent break between book and non-book readers on how good ep. 8 was.

I like Daniel Green's WoT reviews and WoTUp. The latter is a bit more of a diehard fan but good for show news and rumors, seems to have some connections to folks around the show. The former is a WoT book lover who has a good mix of pros and cons, although some people may find him annoying. I haven't watched Wheel Talk, but I added them to go watch it, particularly the part you refer to. I still find the that a stretch (seen that episode twice) but I'm open to being shown I'm wrong. I've tried to watch the Dusty Wheel, but ... man, that's a time commitment I'm not ready for, as much as I love the books.

I actually kinda agree with the bolded re: finale plotlines. I think they could have done better there and wish they'd taken their time. I think fans were mostly ok with them making some changes to the end as TEotW has one of the weaker endings overall, but the execution and choices made were not great. It's pretty interesting though that there is a pretty decent break between book and non-book readers on how good ep. 8 was.

I like Daniel Green's WoT reviews and WoTUp. The latter is a bit more of a diehard fan but good for show news and rumors, seems to have some connections to folks around the show. The former is a WoT book lover who has a good mix of pros and cons, although some people may find him annoying. I haven't watched Wheel Talk, but I added them to go watch it, particularly the part you refer to. I still find the that a stretch (seen that episode twice) but I'm open to being shown I'm wrong. I've tried to watch the Dusty Wheel, but ... man, that's a time commitment I'm not ready for, as much as I love the books.
Even if I hadn't read a book, I would've thought the finale was horrible. I give them a break a little because I know about their restrictions with Covid and Barney Harris, but the woman-splaining was off the charts, there were 5-7 fake-out deaths, and the final battle was over the top in a bad way without much logic involved in the set-up.

Bookborn and Books and Bianca are pretty good as well. The WotUp guy is really good for casting news. I do watch Nae'blis as well, but he overly justifies his positions, and it grates at me. I trust Daniel Green the most, especially after watching his Ready Player 2 rant where he didn't pull any punches, even if I had more complaints. The Nae'blis guy has been pretty effusive with praise of the show IMO, but he gave the finale a 5 or 6 out of 10. I was expecting it to be higher. Green gave it a 5, I know.

The Wheel Talk channel is mostly one guy dressing in drag and doing funny book based stuff as his made up character Recappa Sedai. It's fine, but just not my sort of thing. The show reviews are based from his husband's perspective mostly with no spoilers since he hasn't read the books. He picks up on things I even missed. It's well done, and show only people should watch it.

The Wheel Talk channel is mostly one guy dressing in drag and doing funny book based stuff as his made up character Recappa Sedai. It's fine, but just not my sort of thing. The show reviews are based from his husband's perspective mostly with no spoilers since he hasn't read the books. He picks up on things I even missed. It's well done, and show only people should watch it.

I watched a couple of the reviews. I'm not really sure I agree that they "pick up on things", at least, not things that really exist. The guy that had read the books definitely just kinda nodded along and didn't provide any real spoilers (yes, and? type interviewing) which is good. And it is interesting to hear perspectives and theories from a total non-reader. And also totally get this is just the husband's speculation, but even trying to see it without any book knowledge, I just don't see it the same way he does. Which provides an interesting alternative view, to me, but not one I'd say show-only people should make sure they watch.

The marriage thing, sorry, even after watching the justification for it, I just don't agree. If it's just "a ceremony that reminded me of a marriage" sure, I can get behind that, but not an "actual marriage" (not sure that's what he said, but it was almost that). Not that I disliked it, just didn't agree on some of the observations (FWIW, I only watched the marriage one for ep 6 and bits of a couple of their other reviews).

There are a few other "non-reader" channels I keep up on that I liked better than that one. Everyday Negros and Tori Talks TV are two channels that seem to do a lot of TV reviews that covered the WoT season and I enjoyed them both.

For book readers (ostensibly what this thread is about), Nerdy Nightly "were" non-readers when they watched/reviewed the show, but just started a book club reading the WoT books (each episode covers about a quarter of a book, I think they are about halfway through TEofW so far). They are longer though, easily pushing 1:45 to 2 hours. It's interesting to see them figure out things from the books as they read, and then compare to what they saw in the show.

I like Daniel Green's WoT reviews and WoTUp. The latter is a bit more of a diehard fan but good for show news and rumors, seems to have some connections to folks around the show. The former is a WoT book lover who has a good mix of pros and cons, although some people may find him annoying.

I went back and watched all of his book summaries. Those were pretty fun and I do generally enjoy him, but he can try too hard at times and drag on.

Because of this thread, I downloaded the first four mobi's.  Read a few pages last night, gonna try and get going tonight.  I have no clue what it's about.  Hope it's decent.

Re: bolded  

it makes a re-read/listen amazing, It’s littered throughout the story.  

I watched a couple of the reviews. I'm not really sure I agree that they "pick up on things", at least, not things that really exist. The guy that had read the books definitely just kinda nodded along and didn't provide any real spoilers (yes, and? type interviewing) which is good. And it is interesting to hear perspectives and theories from a total non-reader. And also totally get this is just the husband's speculation, but even trying to see it without any book knowledge, I just don't see it the same way he does. Which provides an interesting alternative view, to me, but not one I'd say show-only people should make sure they watch.

The marriage thing, sorry, even after watching the justification for it, I just don't agree. If it's just "a ceremony that reminded me of a marriage" sure, I can get behind that, but not an "actual marriage" (not sure that's what he said, but it was almost that). Not that I disliked it, just didn't agree on some of the observations (FWIW, I only watched the marriage one for ep 6 and bits of a couple of their other reviews).

There are a few other "non-reader" channels I keep up on that I liked better than that one. Everyday Negros and Tori Talks TV are two channels that seem to do a lot of TV reviews that covered the WoT season and I enjoyed them both.

For book readers (ostensibly what this thread is about), Nerdy Nightly "were" non-readers when they watched/reviewed the show, but just started a book club reading the WoT books (each episode covers about a quarter of a book, I think they are about halfway through TEofW so far). They are longer though, easily pushing 1:45 to 2 hours. It's interesting to see them figure out things from the books as they read, and then compare to what they saw in the show.
I don't know what you thought I was saying, but it was an attempt to put gay marriage into the show. No, I don't think the two characters "are married." There plenty of people who agree. I don't even hate that it happened, other than the further issues it could complicate or cause them to omit. It's just a reference phrase as in, "the gay marriage may complicate these 2 future relationships."

I don't know what you thought I was saying, but it was an attempt to put gay marriage into the show. No, I don't think the two characters "are married." There plenty of people who agree. I don't even hate that it happened, other than the further issues it could complicate or cause them to omit. It's just a reference phrase as in, "the gay marriage may complicate these 2 future relationships."

I am saying I disagree with the premise it was a gay marriage ceremony or an attempt to put it in. Show their love and commitment to each other as well as the task they have, sure. But not an actual marriage. But having watched the justification for it, and rewatched the scene in question, I just don't agree with the premise myself. Not trying to convince you otherwise, either, btw. Just not what I got from it. I could be wrong, but I also haven't seen the show runner specifically address that in that way either.

Finished Knife of Dreams....that was pretty fun. Also, this series gets pretty humorous as it goes on. Especially on the re-listen imo

Help me out here, just wrapping up book 3 The Dragon Reborn. What caused the divide between Egwene and Nynaeve? I don't feel like going back and trying to find it. TIA

Help me out here, just wrapping up book 3 The Dragon Reborn. What caused the divide between Egwene and Nynaeve? I don't feel like going back and trying to find it. TIA

Any more detail here? I don't recall specifically either, but could it be the willingness of Egwene to want to be Aes Sedai? (or a wise one before she goes to the waste?)

Any more detail here? I don't recall specifically either, but could it be the willingness of Egwene to want to be Aes Sedai? (or a wise one before she goes to the waste?)
I just assumed you long timers would just...know  ;)

I think it started at while they were at Tar Valon after coming back from Rand running the Seanchan off and killing Beelzebub again. Egwene and Nynaeve started picking at one another with Elayne trying to play referee. It gradually ramps up on their journey from Tar Valon to Tear where, when they get there, the two are barely talking and Elayne clocks Egwene for going too far with the way she addressed Nynaeve.

It might very well be what you mentioned as Nynaeve hates the Aes Sedai so much at this point but needs them to be able to rid of them (at least at this point).

I just assumed you long timers would just...know  ;)

I think it started at while they were at Tar Valon after coming back from Rand running the Seanchan off and killing Beelzebub again. Egwene and Nynaeve started picking at one another with Elayne trying to play referee. It gradually ramps up on their journey from Tar Valon to Tear where, when they get there, the two are barely talking and Elayne clocks Egwene for going too far with the way she addressed Nynaeve.

It might very well be what you mentioned as Nynaeve hates the Aes Sedai so much at this point but needs them to be able to rid of them (at least at this point).

Yeah, can't recall 100%. I do remember that was about the time I started hoping Lan would die so Nynaeve couldn't be happy. :lol:  She's unbearable there

I finished the first book, it was rough to keep motivated, but I got through.  Took me about a week.  It was aight.  I have tried to start the second one four times.  I mad it a couple of pages.  This is gonna be hard.

I finished the first book, it was rough to keep motivated, but I got through.  Took me about a week.  It was aight.  I have tried to start the second one four times.  I mad it a couple of pages.  This is gonna be hard.
Still on book 1. After the 1st 50 pages or so I got into it but I usually have a number of books I'm working on at the same time and these days I probably average less than a half hour reading a day.

Still on book 1. After the 1st 50 pages or so I got into it but I usually have a number of books I'm working on at the same time and these days I probably average less than a half hour reading a day.
I was able to break through a bit on book two yesterday.  I do much better when I have no other alternative but to read a few chapters.  It's decent.

If it took you a week to read book 1, you were more motivated than I and I really like the series.

You're starting to see why people think Jordan was bad at writing women. Egwene is showing her independence from the Two Rivers way of thinking, and Nynaeve is pushing back. The first instance of it was Egwene going braid-less in front of Nynaeve, and it's somewhat of a recurring theme as Egwene gains more power.

If it took you a week to read book 1, you were more motivated than I and I really like the series.
I finished book two and started three last night.  I liked two better than one I think.  They were both solid.  All the similar names give me a headache though.

Finished The Gathering Storm, man that was fun. The biggest difference between this and Knife of Dreams- 

SPOILER?

Knife of Dreams

Largest % of chapter POVs;

#1 Matrim Cauthon 19.89%

#2 Elayne Trakand 15.30%

The Gathering Storm

Elayne    0%

:lol:

Having a tough time getting out of the camp in book three.  Rand just disappeared, but I can't make it more than a page the last few times I have tried.  May give it one more shot tonight.

Having a tough time getting out of the camp in book three.  Rand just disappeared, but I can't make it more than a page the last few times I have tried.  May give it one more shot tonight.

When the group gets split up I remember being bummed, too. I likened it to The Wire S2 when the whole group has been moved around and aren't together. Hope you stick with it, It's a really good book imo

When the group gets split up I remember being bummed, too. I likened it to The Wire S2 when the whole group has been moved around and aren't together. Hope you stick with it, It's a really good book imo
Having just finished it I encourage you to try to get through it. A satisfying ending is your reward.

I made it to the girls getting to the Tar bridge, after they blow up some sand at the white guy.

I will finish them all.  I never give up.  I finished Twilight ffs.
I'd hi-five you but it just wouldn't be right. (I bailed on the last book  :bag: )

I've noticed my issue is when you finish one of these monsters, it's kinda like getting to the summit. Then you pick up the next one and 5 pages longer than the last book and the first 5-8 chapters just seem like a rehash of the ending of last book. I wade into a new slowly but once they get going I look forward to my reading more than at the beginning of a new book in the series.

I'd hi-five you but it just wouldn't be right. (I bailed on the last book  :bag: )

I've noticed my issue is when you finish one of these monsters, it's kinda like getting to the summit. Then you pick up the next one and 5 pages longer than the last book and the first 5-8 chapters just seem like a rehash of the ending of last book. I wade into a new slowly but once they get going I look forward to my reading more than at the beginning of a new book in the series.
Kindle helps with that.  I never look at how long they are.

I'm just about 80% through book three.  The girls are just getting off the boat, while trying not to barf.  Some chapters in this one are great, some are not so great.  Pushing on...

aaaand done, again. 

really enjoyable re-listen. So many goosebumps moments in the last few books. 

If you wish, you may call me Rand Sedai    :towelwave:

Just starting Lord of Chaos.  The title makes me think of Butters.  Viva la Mantiquilla!  I am enjoying the series, but I get fatigue and have to take breaks wicked often.  That never happens with other books.  

Looks like I just passed you.  I'm into the 5th book.  The ladies making a run!
Just started it. I read about a chapter a night at this point. Starting to lose steam and the prospect of 10 more books the size of an encyclopedia each tends to hamper my desire. I have about 5 other books I really want to get to but I'm afraid if I stop WoT it will be a long while before I come back.

Just started it. I read about a chapter a night at this point. Starting to lose steam and the prospect of 10 more books the size of an encyclopedia each tends to hamper my desire. I have about 5 other books I really want to get to but I'm afraid if I stop WoT it will be a long while before I come back.
I'm happy I stuck with it overall.  Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread