What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Ukraine Conflict Thread (2 Viewers)

supermike80

Footballguy
So far things don't look good.  How far do you think we get involved?   Will this hurt or help the economy?  Could be both.

And is Biden / Harris ready?

Its certainly concerning 

Last edited by a moderator:
So far things don't look good.  How far do you think we get involved?   Will this hurt or help the economy?  Could be both.

And is Biden / Harris ready?

Its certainly concerning 
If there is a war expect gas/ oil prices to jump putting more pressure on inflation. 

Putin is getting old and wants to get the band back together for his legacy. Not sure how Russian soldiers can shoot at basically their own people who want no part of this.

I’m more worried about China watching things and thinking……..well, alright Taiwan must be fair game too. 
Yep.  This is also exactly why I didn't want Trump in the white house.  Having an incompetent, barely-there guy in charge amounts to an open invitation for China to make their move for Taiwan.  I thought we were incredibly fortunate to make it through four years of Trump without having something like this happen.  I never seriously considered the possibility that Biden would be just as weak.

Yep.  This is also exactly why I didn't want Trump in the white house.  Having an incompetent, barely-there guy in charge amounts to an open invitation for China to make their move for Taiwan.  I thought we were incredibly fortunate to make it through four years of Trump without having something like this happen.  I never seriously considered the possibility that Biden would be just as weak.
I'm no Trump fan myself but think he atleast gave the impression of being a wildcard. Someone other leaders look at and think….that dudes crazy. Now I’m not sure whether that’s good or bad because I was always worried he would in fact do something crazy. Biden may be even worse though. Think others just view him as being a joke. 

I actually think Trump being there is the only thing that held them off. They had no idea how he would react. Could be anywhere from nothing to pressing the button. So they invested in "securing the election" through our media and got someone they knew would not put up a fight. 

If Russia invades, China is definitely taking Taiwan. 

Now I’m not sure whether that’s good or bad because I was always worried he would in fact do something crazy. Biden may be even worse though. Think others just view him as being a joke. 
They see the videos of Biden, some have had a face to face , heard the Vatican story….

Care to expound on this thought?

The Secret History of the Shadow Campaign That Saved the 2020 Election

"The handshake between business and labor was just one component of a vast, cross-partisan campaign to protect the election–an extraordinary shadow effort dedicated not to winning the vote but to ensuring it would be free and fair, credible and uncorrupted."

Top Chinese professor boasts of operatives in top of US ‘core inner circle’

"During the US-China trade war, [Wall Street] tried to help, and I know that my friends on the US side told me that they tried to help, but they couldn’t do much. But now we’re seeing Biden was elected, the traditional elite, the political elite, the establishment, they’re very close to Wall Street, so you see that, right?” Di asked the audience, noting that the next administration would likely take a very different stance from that of President Trump."

The Secret History of the Shadow Campaign That Saved the 2020 Election

"The handshake between business and labor was just one component of a vast, cross-partisan campaign to protect the election–an extraordinary shadow effort dedicated not to winning the vote but to ensuring it would be free and fair, credible and uncorrupted."

Top Chinese professor boasts of operatives in top of US ‘core inner circle’

"During the US-China trade war, [Wall Street] tried to help, and I know that my friends on the US side told me that they tried to help, but they couldn’t do much. But now we’re seeing Biden was elected, the traditional elite, the political elite, the establishment, they’re very close to Wall Street, so you see that, right?” Di asked the audience, noting that the next administration would likely take a very different stance from that of President Trump."
Thanks. Just so I'm not misunderstanding,  you're lamenting that China ensured that Biden got elected due to application of pressure and funding directed toward the US media and corporate establishments?

Thanks. Just so I'm not misunderstanding,  you're lamenting that China ensured that Biden got elected due to application of pressure and funding directed toward the US media and corporate establishments?
That was one of the contributing factors yes. 

Heard that as well.   Really hope cooler heads will prevail.  
If so it will largely be because of Joe Biden. 

That’s not shtick, and it’s not a “my side” argument. Biden reassembled the spirit of NATO, which the last President tried so hard to dismantle, and convinced our allies, specifically Germany, to make the threatened sanctions have real teeth, specifically the pipeline. That is what IMO is causing Putin to hesitate and pull back. 

NATO is a great organization, it has preserved human freedom and the modern world order again and again. Biden understood it’s importance and he convinced the coalition to go along with him. If Putin doesn’t invade it will be Biden’s finest moment and a great victory. 

That’s not shtick, and it’s not a “my side” argument. Biden reassembled the spirit of NATO, which the last President tried so hard to dismantle, and convinced our allies, specifically Germany, to make the threatened sanctions have real teeth, specifically the pipeline. That is what IMO is causing Putin to hesitate and pull back. 

NATO is a great organization, it has preserved human freedom and the modern world order again and again. Biden understood it’s importance and he convinced the coalition to go along with him. If Putin doesn’t invade it will be Biden’s finest moment and a great victory. 
God you're awful sometimes.  Anything you can do to get your side boosted.    Gets old after a while...Don't you tire of it? 

Or you know maybe it was Putin and Zelensky saying there is no war. No one is invading. It's about the same as it's been since 2014. Russia has a sympathetic sect in Ukraine that wants to leave and Ukraine doesn't want them to leave.

Russia also doesn't want Ukraine to join NATO but is not going to fill on invade if they don't have to. Think of if China decided they were going to form a military alliance with Mexico exclusive from the US. How would we react?

Last edited by a moderator:
Very happy to see Russia withrawing troops. The cynic in me thinks this is just part of a ploy by Putin to say "see, we don't want to invade but you are forcing us to". Hopefully they continue to remove troops and reduce tensions.

Very happy to see Russia withrawing troops. The cynic in me thinks this is just part of a ploy by Putin to say "see, we don't want to invade but you are forcing us to". Hopefully they continue to remove troops and reduce tensions.
Seems like it might be as such..Could even be a training for his troops.  Does seem like a big finger to the US however.

I don’t think Putin is scared of NATO.  If he does invade NATO will not send troops or raise a finger to stop him.  What is making Putin rethink this is that his generals have told him this will be a bloodbath of a war. Casualties on both sides, and the locals will fight back.  They had an interview on tv with Russia citizens they said we will never invade they are our brothers.  Once they start sending Russia soldiers back in boxes the Russia people will be in an uproar, this has Vietnam written all over it for the Russia.  If Biden kills the pipeline who is going to supply the gas, we don’t have the resources to do it.  If we sanction Russia global inflation will cripple the world.

Think of if China decided they were going to form a military alliance with Mexico exclusive from the US. How would we react?
It’s very depressing to read conservatives make the same type of “moral equivalency” arguments that used to be reserved for leftists. 

China and Russia are murderous dictatorships. They are NOT our equals. Ukraine is a young democracy trying to be free. Of course we’re going to stand up for them. That’s who we are. 

Come on tim we know what we are dealing with in Biden. You don’t think Putin knows? It’s great news about Russia pulling back but let’s not pretend about Biden. We all know. Heck the Pope even knows 

It’s very depressing to read conservatives make the same type of “moral equivalency” arguments that used to be reserved for leftists. 

China and Russia are murderous dictatorships. They are NOT our equals. Ukraine is a young democracy trying to be free. Of course we’re going to stand up for them. That’s who we are. 
Whether you like it or not, China is our equal. Financially and politically. We cry foul of their Muslim slave camps and they rightfully use our media against us saying look to our cities and our discrimination of minorities. 

And the point is, each country has their own set of rules that they live by. If one of our economic enemies was setting up to have access directly to our border, you better believe the US would take issue with it. You remember the Cuban Missile Crisis right? It wasn't about the US being morally right because we had missiles aimed at Russia near their borders at the time. It was about saying "hell no" to our enemy from gaining a strategic foothold near our territory. 

Insein said:
Whether you like it or not, China is our equal. Financially and politically. We cry foul of their Muslim slave camps and they rightfully use our media against us saying look to our cities and our discrimination of minorities. 

And the point is, each country has their own set of rules that they live by. If one of our economic enemies was setting up to have access directly to our border, you better believe the US would take issue with it. You remember the Cuban Missile Crisis right? It wasn't about the US being morally right because we had missiles aimed at Russia near their borders at the time. It was about saying "hell no" to our enemy from gaining a strategic foothold near our territory. 
Sometimes we are forced to act, or not act, out of expediency. But China is not our equal. They are a superpower, but they are morally inferior to the smallest free country (not sure but maybe Luxembourg? There’s probably a few smaller.) Any nation that forbids its own people freedom of expression is inferior to us and every other free nation on this planet. 

supermike80 said:
God you're awful sometimes.  Anything you can do to get your side boosted.    Gets old after a while...Don't you tire of it? 
He's not wrong.  Do you think they're backing down because they're afraid Trump will be reinstated?  

HellToupee said:
Come on tim we know what we are dealing with in Biden. You don’t think Putin knows? It’s great news about Russia pulling back but let’s not pretend about Biden. We all know. Heck the Pope even knows 
Biden has handled this very well thus far. 

He's not wrong.  Do you think they're backing down because they're afraid Trump will be reinstated?  
Whether its due to anything Biden did or not...he will get some credit for it.  No doubt.  Also interesting to see the pushback on giving him any credit after some were already almost blaming him for a war that hadn't happened and that china would then go after Taiwan

Even if this were true. Who cares? Listen to people who know what’s up. 
I’m fine with that. I’m just not pretending things are normal. Biden needs a lot of coaching and whatever boost they give him to appear in front of friendly reporters . I just hope they are able to make the right moves . But I’m not going pretend “Biden stared down Putin” :lol:  

I’m fine with that. I’m just not pretending things are normal. Biden needs a lot of coaching and whatever boost they give him to appear in front of friendly reporters . I just hope they are able to make the right moves . But I’m not going pretend “Biden stared down Putin” :lol:  
Wouldn’t any President “need coaching”? There are people much better positioned to advise on this or many other scenarios we find ourselves in every day. The Prez should listen to the advisors, choose options, and then be held accountable for what happens. Good and bad. 

Hopefully this continues to deescalate and we are all good and you can thank Biden for handling this well. 

Wouldn’t any President “need coaching”? There are people much better positioned to advise on this or many other scenarios we find ourselves in every day. The Prez should listen to the advisors, choose options, and then be held accountable for what happens. Good and bad. 

Hopefully this continues to deescalate and we are all good and you can thank Biden for handling this well. 
Yes , of course any “normal “ person would need coaching. Imagine what goes on with him. I guess I’m just done acting as if everything thing is normal 

The hypocrisy on the critiques of Biden as President are mind blowing when you look at the same people who were actively supporting the former Pres. who needed more coaching, insights, direction, etc. than any other pres in history. This place never ceases to amaze me.

Yes , of course any “normal “ person would need coaching. Imagine what goes on with him. I guess I’m just done acting as if everything thing is normal 
Well...if normal is getting a nice letter from a dictator...than yeah, Im glad its not "normal".

As far as diplomacy in this administration, I think its far more normal than we had been for a few years.

The hypocrisy on the critiques of Biden as President are mind blowing when you look at the same people who were actively supporting the former Pres. who needed more coaching, insights, direction, etc. than any other pres in history. This place never ceases to amaze me.
Say what you want about Trump , he never pooped his pants at the Vatican. I understand and accept that Donald lost by hook or by crook but I don’t have to believe everything is normal. Because it’s not. That’s ok , I accept the situation . We have to make the best of it

Users who are viewing this thread