What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Real Official wildcard game 2 *** Steeler Vs Bengals *** (1 Viewer)

Watch the video. He never left Brown's side until Burfict separated him from them

He wasn't talking to or even acknowledging the Bengals players until he get separated from Brown and the trainers by Burfict. And you have no idea who said something first... I can assume Joey would have plenty to say, but you know the Bengals did too. Again, they were just words until Pac Man got there and not a flag was thrown.

If Porter had just gone out there during a random timeout, that'd be different.

Now, if you want to get rid of anyone on the sidelines who talks trash, well, whatever.
It can't be Porter deciding in that moment now it's all business and we are cool. 5 minutes earlier he was talking crazy all kinds of crazy ####. He shouldn't have been out and the NFL's fault right now for not having rules more defined.

I'm sure they will be moving forward, if not they are just inviting this crap.
Other than Adam Jones telling you this how do you know? I've got the game still on my TV, let me know where in the game you see this so I can go look it up.

And it's really all besides the points. The refs were not trying to call a penalty after the Burfict cheap shot and unlike these phantom Porter allegations you can actually see where they let some stuff go on the Bengals, Such as not penalizing Gilberry or Burfict for putting their hands on Porter, not penalizing Bengals players for surrounding a coach and not penalizing Burfict for possibly talking smack to Brown after he cheap shot him.

Delusional fans saying the game was out of the control, it was not. The Bengals players were out of control at the end. It was a chippy game the whole day, the Burfict cheap shot took it to a new level and things got testy and the refs did all they could to restore order and NOT call another penalty but when a player does what Jones did they are getting flagged 99% of the time in every NFL game.
:lol: It can't be Porter deciding when the #### talking stops and starts. That's like putting the fat kid in charge of the candy.

Porter was out on the field with the full knowledge of the refs. Should he have been? Maybe not, but when there's a serious injury there are almost ALWAYS additional coaches and players out there.

You can guarantee that Porter was running his mouth. He always was as a player, and he always is as a coach too I'm sure. He's a trash TALKER. They're only words, just like the words the Bengals players had for him as they were walking back across the field. Sorry if Pac Man had his feelings hurt.

There's just a misconception that Porter initiated all of it. He was next to Brown as they got him up. He was walking next to the trainer as they were walking Brown off the field. And I fully believe Porter was talking trash the whole game from the sidelines, so some Bengals took the opportunity to talk back to him while he was out there.

The only person who was penalized is the one who made it a physical altercation instead of a verbal one. The refs had already set the precedent that they'd allow the trash talking when they didn't penalize the Bengals when half of their sideline came onto the field after Shazier hit Bernard.

If Porter was out there trying to provoke someone stupid into doing something stupid, well, it worked.
You can see it best in the full game video, at 2h42m28s

https://youtu.be/Bq17-qlHkkY?t=2h42m28s

The reason Porter is behind the group is he almost gets hit in the face and then is bumped from behind purposely.

Bengals just lose their collective minds.
He's ALREADY in the circle. I swear you Porter apologists are just making up stuff now and thinking "wonder if this will fly." Just stop already.

Bottom line, if Porter did nothing wrong why is he getting fined?
NO HE'S NOT.

Watch the video.

The trainers and Brown had to walk past a group of Bengals to get back to their sideline. Porter was right with them and had never left Brown's side until Burfict cut him off to pat Brown's shoulder as they walked by. At that moment, Porter was separated from the Steelers and surrounded by 5 or 6 Bengals.

He's not sure to get fined. Pereira just said they need to review tapes to see if he initiated things with the players, because he was granted permission by the refs to be out there.
Yes, he is. At 2:42:36 he's in the middle of Rey, Burfict, Johnson, Dunlap & Atkins.

Look, I'm done with this. This is getting beyond stupid. We'll see what the excuses are after the fines are handed down.
I'm not saying he didn't end up there. He clearly ended up surrounded by Bengals.

Just do yourself a favor and watch before that on how he got to that point. He never left Brown's side while he was down, and he was right next to the Steelers trainer walking towards the Steelers sideline until Burfict cut him off. Not only that, but he was backing away STILL towards the Steelers side until Gilbert bumped him from behind.

Porter should've kept his mouth shut, so should the Bengals as Brown is walking off. Porter probably does deserve a fine for even opening his mouth out there. But Pac Man is the only one who made it physical.

Porter was out on the field with the full knowledge of the refs. Should he have been? Maybe not, but when there's a serious injury there are almost ALWAYS additional coaches and players out there.

You can guarantee that Porter was running his mouth. He always was as a player, and he always is as a coach too I'm sure. He's a trash TALKER. They're only words, just like the words the Bengals players had for him as they were walking back across the field. Sorry if Pac Man had his feelings hurt.

There's just a misconception that Porter initiated all of it. He was next to Brown as they got him up. He was walking next to the trainer as they were walking Brown off the field. And I fully believe Porter was talking trash the whole game from the sidelines, so some Bengals took the opportunity to talk back to him while he was out there.

The only person who was penalized is the one who made it a physical altercation instead of a verbal one. The refs had already set the precedent that they'd allow the trash talking when they didn't penalize the Bengals when half of their sideline came onto the field after Shazier hit Bernard.

If Porter was out there trying to provoke someone stupid into doing something stupid, well, it worked.

The reason Porter is behind the group is he almost gets hit in the face and then is bumped from behind purposely.

He's ALREADY in the circle. I swear you Porter apologists are just making up stuff now and thinking "wonder if this will fly." Just stop already.

NO HE'S NOT.

Watch the video.

The trainers and Brown had to walk past a group of Bengals to get back to their sideline. Porter was right with them and had never left Brown's side until Burfict cut him off to pat Brown's shoulder as they walked by. At that moment, Porter was separated from the Steelers and surrounded by 5 or 6 Bengals.

He's not sure to get fined. Pereira just said they need to review tapes to see if he initiated things with the players, because he was granted permission by the refs to be out there.
Yes, he is. At 2:42:36 he's in the middle of Rey, Burfict, Johnson, Dunlap & Atkins.

Look, I'm done with this. This is getting beyond stupid. We'll see what the excuses are after the fines are handed down.
The point was. He was not in the circle. He was walking with the trainers until he was separated, then bumped from behind.

Then yes he was in the circle

NO HE'S NOT.

Watch the video.

The point was. He was not in the circle. He was walking with the trainers until he was separated, then bumped from behind.

Are we really debating the difference now between a horseshoe and a circle? OK, fine. He wasn't in a circle yet. He was simply in the middle of a bunch of Benglas players, where he doesn't belong, but it wasn't a closed circle yet.

Happy? :loco:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL-AE1ZRp0k

If you think Porter was out there to instigate, I would urge people to watch this video from around 9:50 to around 10:11

It starts with Joey Porter at the bottom of the screen, walking across the field next to the Steelers trainer.

You see Burfict cut him off to pat Brown on the shoulder and a Steelers trainer pushing his hand away, which cuts Porter off from the group.

Then and ONLY then is he surrounded by Bengals. He didn't seek out the attention.

As Porter continues on, you can be SURE there's some talking going both ways. He even turns around walking backwards, with both sides talking.

And then at 10:11 or so, Gilberry comes in from behind and bumps Porter.

The ref tries to separate everyone, and Pac Man does his thing.

People have this misconception that he went out there to find Bengals players. The tape proves otherwise. He very well may deserve a fine for opening his mouth at all, but intentional or not, he baited the Bengals into doing something stupid.

And it doesn't matter if you think he should've been out there. He had permission from the refs to be there. Given that Pereira said 13 different coaches were on the field at that moment and the Bengals weren't penalized earlier in the game when the freaked out on Bernard's hit, the refs treated the situation exactly as expected, including Pac Man's reaction.

The refs were doing the right thing by NOT flagging Porter for staying out there while Brown was leaving nor for anything he was saying to the Bengals to offend them. Can you imagine the outrage if the refs flag Porter for 15 years moving the Steelers out of field goal range? You don't flag that when it significantly would affect the game.

However, when the Bengals responded to Porter with their own foul, the refs should no longer continue to ignore Porter's foul. Calling a foul on the Bengals while ignoring Porters foul is just as wrong as calling a foul on Porter prior to the Bengals foul. It should have been offsetting penalties. For the refs to have called it one way or the other, moving the ball 15 yards one way or the other, were both wrong ways to handle it. It's one of the many things the refs screwed up in this game.
Pacman hit an opponent with his fist. Right in front of the refs. That was the difference. Same as when Munchak got a penalty.
Porter did not bump the official and Pac Man did - that is why one got a flag and one did not.
I don't disagree with either of you that Jones foul could not be ignored. At that point the refs had no choice but to respond to the fouls. But they didn't respond to the fouls... they only responded to Jones' foul. When the league fines a player or coach when no foul was called, it's not because no foul occurred. It's because the refs failed to call it.

I have to say, as an outside observer with no "dog in this fight", I am enjoying this thread. It is a shame that the Steeler fans outnumber the Bengals supporters so much, but this thread has been entertaining.

NO HE'S NOT.

Watch the video.

Are we really debating the difference now between a horseshoe and a circle? OK, fine. He wasn't in a circle yet. He was simply in the middle of a bunch of Benglas players, where he doesn't belong, but it wasn't a closed circle yet.

Happy? :loco:
What? You seem to be missing the point was he didn't go stand with the group of bengals on his own.

Circle - horseshoe whatever. The point is he was with the Steelers staff and got separated by a Bengal then bumped from behind and ending up in the Bengals group.

No we aren't debating the group of players. We're debating how Porter ended up there. Many said he went into the group of Bengals players purposely when video now shows that's not the case :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:

If you think Porter was out there to instigate, I would urge people to watch this video from around 9:50 to around 10:11

It starts with Joey Porter at the bottom of the screen, walking across the field next to the Steelers trainer.

You see Burfict cut him off to pat Brown on the shoulder and a Steelers trainer pushing his hand away, which cuts Porter off from the group.

Then and ONLY then is he surrounded by Bengals. He didn't seek out the attention.

As Porter continues on, you can be SURE there's some talking going both ways. He even turns around walking backwards, with both sides talking.

People have this misconception that he went out there to find Bengals players. The tape proves otherwise. He very well may deserve a fine for opening his mouth at all, but intentional or not, he baited the Bengals into doing something stupid.

And it doesn't matter if you think he should've been out there. He had permission from the refs to be there. Given that Pereira said 13 different coaches were on the field at that moment and the Bengals weren't penalized earlier in the game when the freaked out on Bernard's hit, the refs treated the situation exactly as expected, including Pac Man's reaction.
Not getting into penalties getting called. PacMan got the flag he deserved.

Porter is like the ultimate troll in this situation. He should not be coming out there and they should make sure this doesn't happen moving forward. It takes something like this to realize how the current enforcement of the rule is done poorly.

I don't care about either team, said it earlier that I have Ben and Brown in a playoff thing I'm doing.

I hate it when players cheer when they get a reaction from a player that draws a flag.

It's considered smart, and gamesmanship or whatever but it annoys the #### out of me when you see a guy stirring it up then gets a reaction that draws a flag and is all happy about it...unless it's my team :lol:

I have to say, as an outside observer with no "dog in this fight", I am enjoying this thread. It is a shame that the Steeler fans outnumber the Bengals supporters so much, but this thread has been entertaining.
I'm waiting around for an electrician at my house so this is passing time really well.

As a matter of fact, here is a shot of Porter after that when he's talking to the ref as they're leading Brown off the field. Notice Dingleberry going up to Porter an bumping him in the back.

Bungles going to Bungle.
You can tell the ref is getting in between Porter and the Bengals in that vid. You can see Porter is staying on the field after they are taking Brown off. What is he doing just before that, sharing recipes or training tips with the Bengals?

Porter is not any better than the ####### Bengal players, he's not even playing in the game. Get the hell off the field.
Of course he is, he knew how to push their buttons and the ####### PacMan took the bait.

ROTFLMAO at Porter being a defensive coach out on the field when an offensive player gets injured...talking ####...causing Pac Man to go bonkers...and then subsequently getting the game ball from the Steelers (tell me this true...and not a joke that I misunderstood as being true).

Too ####### funny.

If I watch two games next year...and two games only. It will be when these two teams play again.

As a matter of fact, here is a shot of Porter after that when he's talking to the ref as they're leading Brown off the field. Notice Dingleberry going up to Porter an bumping him in the back.

Bungles going to Bungle.
You can tell the ref is getting in between Porter and the Bengals in that vid. You can see Porter is staying on the field after they are taking Brown off. What is he doing just before that, sharing recipes or training tips with the Bengals?

Porter is not any better than the ####### Bengal players, he's not even playing in the game. Get the hell off the field.
Of course he is, he knew how to push their buttons and the ####### PacMan took the bait.
Yup and that's a shame to have a game determined by this type of thing. A dude out on the field who isn't playing. Another guy reaching over and pointing at a guy hitting a ref. That being said PacMan should take the blame.

The people saying Porter had nothing to do with this and he should be allowed to cruise out onto field to help be a peacemaker are cracking me up though.

Honest question, do you have a link or quote or something saying he had permission from the officials or are you making that part up? I've seen that nowhere.

Bungles going to Bungle.

Yup and that's a shame to have a game determined by this type of thing. A dude out on the field who isn't playing. Another guy reaching over and pointing at a guy hitting a ref. That being said PacMan should take the blame.The people saying Porter had nothing to do with this and he should be allowed to cruise out onto field to help be a peacemaker are cracking me up though.
The game was determined by a whole heck of a lot more than just this one play. Just because it happened at the end of the game, doesn't mean it determined the outcome. Also, there still would have been 18 seconds left so who really knows what would have happened.

Maybe if they had a playoff win after the Simpsons first appeared on television, they'd have some more fans.

BOOM

Bungles going to Bungle.

Yup and that's a shame to have a game determined by this type of thing. A dude out on the field who isn't playing. Another guy reaching over and pointing at a guy hitting a ref. That being said PacMan should take the blame.The people saying Porter had nothing to do with this and he should be allowed to cruise out onto field to help be a peacemaker are cracking me up though.
The game was determined by a whole heck of a lot more than just this one play. Just because it happened at the end of the game, doesn't mean it determined the outcome. Also, there still would have been 18 seconds left so who really knows what would have happened.
Sure have said multiple times Bengals lost that game. Just enjoying the debate with people on Joey Porter and how stupid it is that he was out there.

Glad it looks like Ben and Brown are playing next weekend going to playing in Denver next weekend.

Bungles going to Bungle.

Yup and that's a shame to have a game determined by this type of thing. A dude out on the field who isn't playing. Another guy reaching over and pointing at a guy hitting a ref. That being said PacMan should take the blame.

The people saying Porter had nothing to do with this and he should be allowed to cruise out onto field to help be a peacemaker are cracking me up though.
Who said Porter was a peacemaker? He wasn't that, nor was he seeking anyone out. Again, the video shows that.

His presence had everything to do with the altercation, but his presence was allowed by the refs, as was all of the trash talking on both sides. As were the 13 other coaches on the field at that point. As was half of the Bengals sideline being on the field throwing a temper tantrum after Bernard got it. Those were different, I know.

Trash talking was allowed consistently. Contact with the referee never is. Duh.

He's not just "any" coach, either. He's a former Steeler not far removed from the game and close to being "one of the guys" from everything I've ever heard about him. He was out there checking on Brown like tons of coaches and assistants do when players get seriously hurt. None of the talking on either side was even an issue until Pac Man did his thing.

People talk like the Bengals were required to go crazy just because Porter was out there walking off the field with Brown and the trainers. What if one of the Steelers had made a run at a helmet-less Burfict when he was at midfield #####ing about the hit on Bernard? Oh wait, no one did. And no penalties were called, either.

Can't wait till the games next year.

No, there's no link. I don't think coaches get a permission slip or anything.

But, Pereira was on The Herd today and said that referees often are lenient about coaches and assistant coaches being on the field in situations where players appear seriously hurt. It's common practice, but it may not be eventually.

Also, Porter walked out there after the hit. He kneeled next to Brown while he was on the ground. He was kneeling next to Brown when he sat up. He was walking with the trainers as they walked back towards the Steelers sideline. And there had been NO incidents up to that point. And at no point was he ushered off or asked to leave despite the refs being all around. Not sure I need any more proof to know that the referees had no issues with him being there.

Everything with him started when he got cut off from Brown and the trainers by Burfict. It went downhill quickly at that point because he was surrounded by 5 or 6 Bengals and then bumped from behind, and Joey's not the type to not have something to say.

Bungles going to Bungle.

Who said Porter was a peacemaker? He wasn't that, nor was he seeking anyone out. Again, the video shows that.

His presence had everything to do with the altercation, but his presence was allowed by the refs, as was all of the trash talking on both sides. As were the 13 other coaches on the field at that point. As was half of the Bengals sideline being on the field throwing a temper tantrum after Bernard got it. Those were different, I know.

He's not just "any" coach, either. He's a former Steeler not far removed from the game and close to being "one of the guys" from everything I've ever heard about him. He was out there checking on Brown like tons of coaches and assistants do when players get seriously hurt. None of the talking on either side was even an issue until Pac Man did his thing.

People talk like the Bengals were required to go crazy just because Porter was out there walking off the field with Brown and the trainers. What if one of the Steelers had made a run at a helmet-less Burfict when he was at midfield #####ing about the hit on Bernard? Oh wait, no one did. And no penalties were called, either.

A page or so back a Steeler fan I presume was saying Porter was the perfect guy to be out there to help control players or situation or something to that effect :lol:

We are going around in circles here on what happened and going to have to disagree on Porter and him being out there and the circumstances surrounding it.

Just answer this, moving forward should they address who comes out on the field in situations like this?

Bungles going to Bungle.

That's like saying one Referee's bad call determines a game.

No one call ever determines a game.

Bungles going to Bungle.

A page or so back a Steeler fan I presume was saying Porter was the perfect guy to be out there to help control players or situation or something to that effect :lol:

We are going around in circles here on what happened and going to have to disagree on Porter and him being out there and the circumstances surrounding it.

Just answer this, moving forward should they address who comes out on the field in situations like this?
I'm not sure they should, but they probably will. We'll see stricter rules about who can be on the field and when. Coaches and assistants are always on the field in that kind of situation, but it only takes one incident like this to put a spotlight on it.

And in this tense of a game and with tempers already flying high, it was a really, really bad situation. Worst case scenario, and if the refs knew who Porter was they probably should have kept him off the field. Against most teams, it probably wouldn't have resulted in anything but some trash talking. But when you have guys like Burfict and Pac Man involved....

We'll never know if Porter was actually trying to bait them into doing something. Can't say I'd be shocked if he was, but the video doesn't look like he was. But it wouldn't work against almost anyone else, and the Bengals have no one to blame except themselves for letting that happen.

Bungles going to Bungle.

That's like saying one Referee's bad call determines a game.

No one call ever determines a game.
You are always working to remove bad calls from the game. This wasn't even a bad call but something that should be avoided moving forward. Trainer and head coaches on the field. Everyone else stay off.

He's ALREADY in the circle. I swear you Porter apologists are just making up stuff now and thinking "wonder if this will fly." Just stop already.Bottom line, if Porter did nothing wrong why is he getting fined?
already in the circle? Seriously you aren't watching the same game... How get gamepass and watch the full game not just the highlights of that sequence... He is absolutely right behind brown and the trainers until burfict nudges jn front of him to check on brown and the attendants directly behind brown pushes burfict away... Burficts right arm hits joey jn the face on his right side then joey turns counterclockwise to say something to burfict and gets "bumped" from behind by gillberry and NOW he is in the circle

Bungles going to Bungle.

I'm not sure they should, but they probably will. We'll see stricter rules about who can be on the field and when. Coaches and assistants are always on the field in that kind of situation, but it only takes one incident like this to put a spotlight on it.

And in this tense of a game and with tempers already flying high, it was a really, really bad situation. Worst case scenario, and if the refs knew who Porter was they probably should have kept him off the field. Against most teams, it probably wouldn't have resulted in anything but some trash talking. But when you have guys like Burfict and Pac Man involved....

We'll never know if Porter was actually trying to bait them into doing something. Can't say I'd be shocked if he was, but the video doesn't look like he was. But it wouldn't work against almost anyone else, and the Bengals have no one to blame except themselves for letting that happen.
I agree with a lot of this, but definitely don't see any reason why they don't address these rules. Dumb to have people out there who don't need to be and Porter doesn't need to be. Who knows what happens if you place 2 other division rivals in a crazy ### Saturday night playoff game but yeah it was pretty much a recipe for disaster.

Pittsburgh won 100%, Bengals continued to be the Bengals.

With everyone throwing blame on Burfict, Jones, Hill and the refs, let's not ignore the absolutely horrible play call by Hue Jackson on the two-point try. What the hell was that play supposed to accomplish? When it happened, I immediately thought of last year's NFC Championship Game. Seattle clawed all the way back to take the lead and go up one, then Wilson threw that lollipop to Willson, which seemed important at the time, but became crucial when GB drove down and kicked a FG to tie at the end of regulation.

A better play call could have meant Steelers were playing to tie at the end. And if that game goes to OT with an injured Ben and no Brown, you have to like the Bengals odds.
I could be wrong, but it seemed AJ Green was unaware of the situation and obviously should have been on the field for the attempt. He headed to the sidelines when he more than likely should have stayed on the field. Maybe this led to scrambling at the last second and changing the play call?

Again, I may be way off on this, just seemed odd that he headed to the sidelines when his team was going for 2.
Yeah, that play looked so bad I'm certainly willing to accept that it was a miscommunication rather than a bad call. Anyone broken down the video to figure out what was going on, or heard any follow-up in the press? I just remember watching it live and thinking "What the hell was THAT?"
OK, just went back and watched the two-point attempt. I'm no expert on breaking down game tape, but here are my amateur observations:

• Right before the team goes up to the line, they show Green briefly on the sidelines being congratulated. No one seems to be telling him he should be on the field.
  • In fact, Bengals didn't seem to have any WRs on the field
  • They did a weird shift where four players went in motion (I recognize Eifert and Burkhead, not the other two)
  • I think the design was for those players to form a convoy for Hill on the screen, but they don't appear to have blocked very well (#77 pulls and completely fails to seal the edge on #22)
  • To top it off McCarron threw a horrible pass. The play design was clearly all about speed and hitting Hill in stride so he could get to the edge, but McCarron's throw is behind him, which forces him to turn back and actually run backward a couple yards, at which point he was toast. If McCarron puts the ball where it should have been, it would have likely come down to whether Hill could have beaten #22 one-on-one.
So based on that, I'm willing to say it probably had more to do with poor execution than a bad play call.

Bungles going to Bungle.
Au contraire, he kept his composure

:penalty:
Exactly. Porter, while not out there simply to instigate an additional 15 yard penalty, by keeping his composer, he assisted in the easy FG because a moron (Jones) on the opposing team stepped his game up. His game being stupidity that is. He got owned by the Steelers. He doesn't even realize yet how they used his ignorance against him & took him to school. Teams should have a coach that teaches how to get under the other team's skin to get penalties. You can capitalize on morons like Jones and Burfict.
Who wants to watch games come down to stuff like this?
I'm fine with it. You can draft and sign character, or you can live with the consequences whether it be Burfict, Jones, Manziel, Hernandez, or Hardy.

Don't draft guys who must have purple drank, who can't keep their whoring confined to women 18 years old and older. Don't draft guys who have crews or who want to keep it real with their homies back in the hood. Don't draft roid ragers or guys that want to hot tub with high school chicks. Yeah, many of them can play, but so can other guys, guys who will not cripple your salary cap because they were too stupid to get a designated driver.

Bungles going to Bungle.

Exactly. Porter, while not out there simply to instigate an additional 15 yard penalty, by keeping his composer, he assisted in the easy FG because a moron (Jones) on the opposing team stepped his game up. His game being stupidity that is. He got owned by the Steelers. He doesn't even realize yet how they used his ignorance against him & took him to school. Teams should have a coach that teaches how to get under the other team's skin to get penalties. You can capitalize on morons like Jones and Burfict.
I'm fine with it. You can draft and sign character, or you can live with the consequences whether it be Burfict, Jones, Manziel, Hernandez, or Hardy.Don't draft guys who must have purple drank, who can't keep their whoring confined to women 18 years old and older. Don't draft guys who have crews or who want to keep it real with their homies back in the hood. Don't draft roid ragers or guys that want to hot tub with high school chicks. Yeah, many of them can play, but so can other guys, guys who will not cripple your salary cap because they were too stupid to get a designated driver.
Big Ben fits in your categories of people not to draft and I'd say he's pretty damn irreplaceable.

The Steelers homerism in this thread is hilarious.
Would you say it's more or less funny than this?
Why is emotion such a problem for you?
Pacman Jones is on a short list of guys in the running for "biggest POS in the league." He also absolutely deserved the penalty that he got at the end of the game. Anyone else (well, maybe not that other POS Burfict) being overwhelmed on the sidelines after that loss = gets a pass (from me, anyway). In Pacman's case, it's freaking hilarious.

Jones and Burfict would both either be dead or in prison already if not for their football talents. They both probably will be within 5-10 years of retirement unless they use their football millions to insulate themselves rather than on gold fronts and spinning rims. No accountability whatsoever, blame anyone and everyone but yourself.

I didn't expect to see Shark Poolers doing the same on their behalf, but there are a few, sadly.

Honest question, do you have a link or quote or something saying he had permission from the officials or are you making that part up? I've seen that nowhere.
Ian Rappaport reported it.

Bungles going to Bungle.

I'm fine with it. You can draft and sign character, or you can live with the consequences whether it be Burfict, Jones, Manziel, Hernandez, or Hardy.Don't draft guys who must have purple drank, who can't keep their whoring confined to women 18 years old and older. Don't draft guys who have crews or who want to keep it real with their homies back in the hood. Don't draft roid ragers or guys that want to hot tub with high school chicks. Yeah, many of them can play, but so can other guys, guys who will not cripple your salary cap because they were too stupid to get a designated driver.
Big Ben fits in your categories of people not to draft and I'd say he's pretty damn irreplaceable.
Burfict = James Harrison 6 years ago. Short memories these Pittsburghians have...

Bungles going to Bungle.

Burfict = James Harrison 6 years ago. Short memories these Pittsburghians have...
I think Burfict takes it a step further than Harrison did, personally. Harrison would absolutely go for the head / kill shot, but he never twisted anyone's leg after the play or threw knees on the ground like that definitely deliberately trying to injure anyone. Either way, he was head-hunting and deserved the flag. No one reasonable was crying about the initial hit that knocked Ben out -- good, hard, clean hit that just happened to result in an injury. The knee afterward is something else IMO. The shot on AB was just plain moronic given the situation.

Bungles going to Bungle.

I think Burfict takes it a step further than Harrison did, personally. Harrison would absolutely go for the head / kill shot, but he never twisted anyone's leg after the play or threw knees on the ground like that definitely deliberately trying to injure anyone. Either way, he was head-hunting and deserved the flag. No one reasonable was crying about the initial hit that knocked Ben out -- good, hard, clean hit that just happened to result in an injury. The knee afterward is something else IMO. The shot on AB was just plain moronic given the situation.
Youre not wrong. I'm not arguing that he's a clean player, but the Steelers stuck with Harrison and he did eventually mature. You'll see the Bengals do the same.

Bungles going to Bungle.

Youre not wrong. I'm not arguing that he's a clean player, but the Steelers stuck with Harrison and he did eventually mature. You'll see the Bengals do the same.
It's a fine line to walk. I personally am not too likely to ##### about defenders taking huge head shots at guys -- either those on my team or on opposing teams. I just don't have a ton of respect for players taking the shot, then crying about the flag afterwards. It's pretty freaking clear that those types of hits are going to draw some laundry nowadays. Price is worth paying to set the tone early in the game, IMO. But don't take the shot then cry about the penalty / fine / suspension afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread