What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Official Kicker (K) Thread (2 Viewers)

Anyone worried about Bass this week?
I am .. enough to bench or drop him.
My opponent is starting Butker over Bass at the moment
I picked up Chase McLaughlin - I'm also hoping that Nick Foles doesn't hurt the Colts ability to get in scoring range. Saturday isn't much of a go for it on 4th and whatever kind of guy, so hopefully there are at least 4 FG attempts. It's in a dome, against a somewhat porous defense.

I wouldn't drop Bass though - if ya make it to week 17 (assuming that's your LCG) he's at Cinci, in what could be a great matchup (with also potential weather concerns)

Have Bass in two leagues and he will sit this week and likely start again next week.
This is my plan also. Week 16 is a tasty matchup.
Yes, week 17 is a tasty match up for Bass. BUF @ CIN on MNF. Still could have weather in CIN. The scoring potential in that game could be track-meet like.

Have Bass in two leagues and he will sit this week and likely start again next week.
This is my plan also. Week 16 is a tasty matchup.
Yes, week 17 is a tasty match up for Bass. BUF @ CIN on MNF. Still could have weather in CIN. The scoring potential in that game could be track-meet like.
And Cinci a good enough bend, don’t break defense to be FG heaven.

I picked up Dicker. Really wanted a good weather/dome kicker this week. Considered his opponent (McLaughlin) or one of Graham/Joseph (also facing each other). I am liable to change this multiple times this week between all 4 (will be so glad when this season is over and I don't spend so much time agonizing over stupid kickers although hoping I have one more week before that is the case).
I went with Dicker, since its a MNF game and I really like the torture of winning in the playoffs coming down to a kicker. It helps me put it all into a rationale/perspective that if I lose its all random and if I win that I'm a genius to leave the kicker to ice a win as my last ditch effort.

Going all in with Riley Patterson this week.
Tell us your secret on Patterson? Low scoring game, weather.

No other kicker prospects?

JAC @ NYJ -
Starting a busy week off with a bang: Cold and wet in East Rutherford for TNF. Temps in the 40s, steady rain, and a 10-15mph wind. Just ugly ugly weather, I expect this will have an impact on the passing game.

I picked up Dicker. Really wanted a good weather/dome kicker this week. Considered his opponent (McLaughlin) or one of Graham/Joseph (also facing each other). I am liable to change this multiple times this week between all 4 (will be so glad when this season is over and I don't spend so much time agonizing over stupid kickers although hoping I have one more week before that is the case).
I went with Dicker, since its a MNF game and I really like the torture of winning in the playoffs coming down to a kicker. It helps me put it all into a rationale/perspective that if I lose its all random and if I win that I'm a genius to leave the kicker to ice a win as my last ditch effort.

Dicker is owned in my league by a team not in the playoffs, but Hopkins is sitting out there on waivers. When do we expect to find out which kicks for sure this week? With most of the games on Saturday, my league add/drop deadline is still Sunday AM so I have an arbitrage opportunity to pivot on the kicker position from a late Sunday game to the MNF game if it's Hopkins and it's announced before the early games start, while knowing what I need to win as my opponent will be mostly played out from Saturday's games.

JAC @ NYJ -
Starting a busy week off with a bang: Cold and wet in East Rutherford for TNF. Temps in the 40s, steady rain, and a 10-15mph wind. Just ugly ugly weather, I expect this will have an impact on the passing game.
Yeah, he's the worst start of the week. Just kidding.

JAC @ NYJ -
I'll be rooting for ya, for that kicker Patterson, JAC. I see FBG's have him at kicker #23 for the week. Definitely a contrarian play. Hope ya hit.

My opponent is starting Butker over Bass at the moment
I picked up Chase McLaughlin - I'm also hoping that Nick Foles doesn't hurt the Colts ability to get in scoring range. Saturday isn't much of a go for it on 4th and whatever kind of guy, so hopefully there are at least 4 FG attempts. It's in a dome, against a somewhat porous defense.

I wouldn't drop Bass though - if ya make it to week 17 (assuming that's your LCG) he's at Cinci, in what could be a great matchup (with also potential weather concerns)
Picked up Sanders (Mia) but may move to Chase M in one league..

Do you try to make sure your kicker does not play on the same team as any of your other starting players?
Ultimately and best optimum odds, yes. However, exceptions exist with some of the most talented players and if the over and under is over 48-50 or so / high scoring teams. Examples are many during the season like: Allen, Diggs, and Bass, last year Mahomes, Hill, and Butker, Lamar and Tucker ditto, Other stud players and the kicker can work. I prefer to stand alone with a kicker hoping to optimize points. Anyone else feel the same way? I'll stream until I find winners and still stream like this week with Bass at CHI in crappy weather. I will pivot to that MNF game on both sides LAC @ IND, or Joseph, possibly Sanders - could be a lil wet and 10 mph winds in MIA. Not a huge deal. In the MNF game kickers and others on the same team.

I am in kicker purgatory this week.
Have Butker on my team but all the guys mentioned in this thread available.

McLaughlin has had a million attempts in the last 5 weeks but now they are putting Matty on ice and have no Jonathan Taylor. Against a team playing for the playoffs my trust in that team is like zero.

Butker himself has had a good dose of attempts and an ideal opponent but will the football feel like lead in like 18 degree cold?

Sanders is tempting in the warm weather and he had been producing steadily of late.

Joseph has the dome but his number of attempts haven't been so hot.

And not even including my guy Money Mac (I don't love the spot in NE with the weather this weekend)

(Small league which is why so many guys are available).

:loco:

-QG

Does anyone do the opposite of a stack? For example my opponent is going Cousins/Jefferson this week. Would you even consider Joseph in this scenario or is that more variance than it is worth in your opinion?

-QG

Any Folk owners out there considering a switch due to weather? As @Hot Sauce Guy pointed out, Cincy has been a nice matchup this season for kickers with that bend but don't break defense once teams reach kicking range.

Concerns are: Weather and negative game script. Doubtful Mac Jones has the talent to keep up. Game will come down to how well the Pats D can do in keeping it close.

Some of the guys in domes mentioned here (Dicker, McLaughlin, Joseph) are available, but Folk has been money more times than not. Tough call. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Any Folk owners out there considering a switch due to weather? As @Hot Sauce Guy pointed out, Cincy has been a nice matchup this season for kickers with that bend but don't break defense once teams reach kicking range.

Concerns are: Weather and negative game script. Doubtful Mac Jones has the talent to keep up. Game will come down to how well the Pats D can do in keeping it close.

Some of the guys in domes mentioned here (Dicker, McLaughlin, Joseph) are available, but Folk has been money more times than not. Tough call. Any thoughts? Thanks.
I would find a K who has good weather.

It is the one position that is truly adversely effected by wind and rain and snow.

Kickers struggle with footing, balls get blown around, rain can shorten kicks.

This is the one position I tend to ignore matchups and pick someone up who’s kicking in a dome or in nicer weather.

It sure seems like several solid off- brand kickers. I am pivoting off of Bass in two leagues for sure. The LAC kicker Dicker is whom I am looking at. Lots of other good choices.

• YELLOW : CIN @ NEP -
    Game time temperature in the 20s with a 10-15mph wind. Not ideal, but will only bring minor impacts to the game.
Edit: Holding Bass for next week @ CIN on MNF. Dropped D Watson playing Fields.

I think it is gonna be Maher. (Yeah yeah but it is an 8-team league so there is always a ton of guys - lol too many for me to decide on)
-QG

JAC @ NYJ -
I'll be rooting for ya, for that kicker Patterson, JAC. I see FBG's have him at kicker #23 for the week. Definitely a contrarian play. Hope ya hit.
16.5. Not too shabby.

I think it is gonna be Maher. (Yeah yeah but it is an 8-team league so there is always a ton of guys - lol too many for me to decide on)
-QG

I lied. It is Gano. Did the math and amongst the kickers playing at warm weather sites not named Fairbairn or Bullock (as a Bengals fan there is so way I am putting my fantasy season on the foot of Randy) when adding up their teams FGA/FGM with opponent FGA/FGM allowed it really narrowed things down.

Teams with a total 50+ on this metric:

Giants 57 FGM / 66 FGA
Colts 54/67
Rams (believe it or not) 55/58
Broncos (again believe it or not) 53/64

The 40s...
Vikings 49/64
Chargers 48/52
Bucs 47/54
Panthers 46/52
Dolphins 43/50
KC would be here with Butker btw 42/54
49ers 42/49
Eagles 42/49
Lions 41/51

The 30s....
Cardinals 38/44
Cowboys 38/44
Commanders 36/44
Packers 36/40

-QG

Okay okay here are HOU an TEN too...

HOU 44/48
TEN 41/49 (another here with hardly any FG attempts - what is with this team?)

-QG

Dicker is owned in my league by a team not in the playoffs, but Hopkins is sitting out there on waivers. When do we expect to find out which kicks for sure this week? With most of the games on Saturday, my league add/drop deadline is still Sunday AM so I have an arbitrage opportunity to pivot on the kicker position from a late Sunday game to the MNF game if it's Hopkins and it's announced before the early games start, while knowing what I need to win as my opponent will be mostly played out from Saturday's games.
Is there any real talk of Hopkins being activated from IR? As a guy who had to pivot to Dicker (Lutz, Gay, and Hopkins are traditional mainstays for me), I initially feared a Hopkins return for the fantasy playoffs, but have felt like I'm pretty much in the clear since the IR designation, with no news being good news.

If there's any real talk of Hopkins returning by week 17, I'm going to have to add him to my bench or go in a completely different direction at K. However, I don't think this is the case. I believe this is Dicker's job to lose. Hopkins is most likely a cut candidate this offseason, but I'm sure he won't have a problem landing a new job if fully recovered.

Is there any real talk of Hopkins being activated from IR? As a guy who had to pivot to Dicker (Lutz, Gay, and Hopkins are traditional mainstays for me), I initially feared a Hopkins return for the fantasy playoffs, but have felt like I'm pretty much in the clear since the IR designation, with no news being good news.

If there's any real talk of Hopkins returning by week 17, I'm going to have to add him to my bench or go in a completely different direction at K. However, I don't think this is the case. I believe this is Dicker's job to lose. Hopkins is most likely a cut candidate this offseason, but I'm sure he won't have a problem landing a new job if fully recovered.

I've just noticed several platforms started the week projecting 0 for Dicker because of uncertainty, I'm just curious how uncertain it really is or if they're insanely over cautious.

^^^worth noting and monitoring

Gotta love having one more thing to sweat out in fantasy playoffs, but I figured this would be the case when I signed Dicker. Still feel okay for at least week 16 if news doesn't break soon.

With the weather playing havoc, wondering if I am over thinking. Sanders sitting on the wire. But kicker could be a huge advantage this week

-QG

I lied. It is Gano. Did the math and amongst the kickers playing at warm weather sites not named Fairbairn or Bullock (as a Bengals fan there is so way I am putting my fantasy season on the foot of Randy) when adding up their teams FGA/FGM with opponent FGA/FGM allowed it really narrowed things down.

Teams with a total 50+ on this metric:

Giants 57 FGM / 66 FGA
Colts 54/67
Rams (believe it or not) 55/58
Broncos (again believe it or not) 53/64

The 40s...
Vikings 49/64
Chargers 48/52
Bucs 47/54
Panthers 46/52
Dolphins 43/50
KC would be here with Butker btw 42/54
49ers 42/49
Eagles 42/49
Lions 41/51

The 30s....
Cardinals 38/44
Cowboys 38/44
Commanders 36/44
Packers 36/40

-QG

Are these numbers suggesting that giants will have the most field goal opportunities?

With the weather playing havoc, wondering if I am over thinking. Sanders sitting on the wire. But kicker could be a huge advantage this week
I have Jason Myers and like him because he’s generally consistent and that’s a high total, but not sure what to make of the weather in KC, so considering other options.

Sanders is definitely one that has piqued my interest since it’s also a high total and one of the few good weather environments.

Chase M and Dicker are the others I am thinking about, but seem more risky.

I'm leaning towards an indoor kicker - probably between Chase M and Dicker. Dicker is rated pretty high on many fantasy sites this week, with Chase M rated more lowly. But Indy has kicked a lot more FGs this year, and the Chargers like to be aggressive and go for it on 4th down.

Sanders is also a possibility though...

Have the same dilemmas as everyone else. I currently have Maher and Dicker going in my two leagues. Want kickers in good weather (preferably domes) this week. There seem to be plenty of options to choose from.

Maher - One concern is seeing Eagles give up 2nd fewest points to kickers. Not sure if that's because of their defense or teams playing catchup and eschewing FGs. The Eagles defense could give Dak trouble but hopefully they can still move down the field enough for FGs (running game if nothing else). Regardless think he has to stay. FG fest here would be awesome.

Dicker - Last year the Chargers killed me going for it on 4th down numerous times instead of FGs. Don't think they are doing it as much this year. They could put up a stinker at IND but have a feeling that game will either have them in the lead or close throughout and thus a lot of opportunities. Little worried about Hopkins being activated at the last minute but could pivot to McLaughlin (or take Hopkins).

Gano/Joseph - Pick the kicker in this one. Joseph has missed a number of 50 yard FGs. Lot of people like Gano but if Jones is "bad" Jones today or they fall behind may not get many attempts.

Sanders - I do like him but I have Tua/Tyreek in one league and Tua (or Burrow) in the other. Don't want to put all my eggs in the one basket as well as limiting upside.

So for me at this time its Maher and Dicker but I have 3 hours to change my mind multiple times.

Hard to bet against the Vikings right now. They are on like an 8 week streak of giving up the most points to Kicker. Factor in the weather (for everyone else) and it is Gano or bust.

(I am sitting Folk, he put up 2 dog **** games out of the 4 that I have had him on roster, feel free to heckle me after he puts up 20 today)

FWIW:

Football must feel like a brick. Nick Folk concludes his warmup with a long of 50 yards. He usually has a final attempt from 58. Tristan Vizcaino, elevated from the practice squad, extended his warmup out to 53 yards.​

renderTimingPixel.png

I just posted this in different threads but forgot we have an actual K thread so here it goes and hope this helps.

Beat writer, Brad Biggs, at Bears vs Bills game was observing Santos and Bass and said both were consistently hitting from 40+.

Bengals beat writer Jay Morrisson observed McPherson actually struggling big time and wondered why since wind was not that bad but noted he kept coming up short from 50.

People were saying the field in KC looks bad? Could that affect Myers? He's one of the best kickers this season, and the winds won't be too bad. So I was planning on keeping him in. But if the field is ugly...?

Have the same dilemmas as everyone else. I currently have Maher and Dicker going in my two leagues. Want kickers in good weather (preferably domes) this week. There seem to be plenty of options to choose from.

Gano/Joseph - Pick the kicker in this one. Joseph has missed a number of 50 yard FGs. Lot of people like Gano but if Jones is "bad" Jones today or they fall behind may not get many attempts.

So for me at this time its Maher and Dicker but I have 3 hours to change my mind multiple times.
So far this post of mine is going badly. Need to start listening to BobbyLayne who suggested Gano. When I saw Joseph staring down a 60+ yarder as time expired I knew he would make it. Now need Maher to do something but starting down 10 points already to eagles not a good sign.

So far this post of mine is going badly. Need to start listening to BobbyLayne who suggested Gano. When I saw Joseph staring down a 60+ yarder as time expired I knew he would make it. Now need Maher to do something but starting down 10 points already to eagles not a good sign.
Seems like it worked out okay

Very quiet in the Kicker thread ahead of week 17. The weather isn't bad like last week. I'm considering Gano, Myers, Folk, and Dicker.
Yes it is quiet. Agreed I don't see any weather issues like last week. I have Dicker in one league and do like the fact the Rams give up the 3rd most points to Kickers over the year although now that their offense is so much more functional with Baker not sure if that holds (obviously last week with the broncos is an outlier). I also have Gould and Koo while I sort out who I like. I think SF will be controlling TOP on the Raiders with Stidham and thus get more opportunities for FGs (unless they score TD every time) so I am actually leaning toward Gould right now. I would not touch Myers against the Jets with that defense. Gano definitely is an intriguing option.

Jacksonville kicker seems decent? Looks like they will treat like a normal game personnel wise. Houston is bad. Yes natural grass but still indoors.

Jacksonville kicker seems decent? Looks like they will treat like a normal game personnel wise. Houston is bad. Yes natural grass but still indoors.
Picked him up in case Tucker had very poor weather. Looks like I am going with Tucker (although no Jackson scares me again)

Badgley, Dicker.....can't decide. Detroit and Bears will be a track meet for scoring, and it's indoors. I have no real strong indication with Rams/Chargers and can see enough stalled drives Dicker comes in with at least 3 attempts.

Users who are viewing this thread