What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Officially Unofficial FBG Post-season Kicker Contest! (1 Viewer)

Hot Sauce Guy

Footballguy
It just occured to me that I neglected to do a kicker contest this year.

That’s unacceptable.

So here it is - the officially unofficial FBG postseason kicker contest!

Here are the rules:
1. USA shipping only. You can be from another country & win, but you have to ship to someone in the US of A.
2. Tiebreakers will be decided by time-stamp. So get your guesses in early!
3. Because of #2, no editing of posts. It’s ok to change your pick - just delete your post & repost with your new pick.
4. Contest closes to all 5 mins before kickoff of the 1st NFL playoff games.
5. This is a 1-week contest for the 1st playoff weekend only.

Here’s how it works - pick a kicker. He’s your pony.
• Guess how many total points your kicker will score to 1 decimal place (51 yards = 5.1 points) including PATs (at 1 point per PAT)
• Guess the long for your kicker.
• Negative scoring applies. A MPAT = -3 points. Because cmon dude. A missed FG of any distance = -1 point.
• There are no cheat codes. A K on an active roster who’s hurt and expected to score 0 is not a valid entry. All entries must be greater than 0 points.
Also your guy must have at least 1 successful non-PAT FG to qualify.
• closest guesses to both of these metrics wins.

Example:
Team A picks Bass, with 18 total points, and a long of 56 yards.

Team B picks Aubrey, with 14 total points and a long of 47 yards.

Bass has 16 points (2) and the long is 55 yards (1) for a total difference of 3 from Team A’s guesses.

Aubrey has 14 points (0) with a long of 53 (6) for a total difference of 6 points from team B’s guesses.

Team A wins in this hypothetical example.

If you have any questions, please post them here. It’s been a while since I’ve done this so it’s certainly possible I’ve forgotten something important.

1st Place will receive a 4-pack of award-winning hot sauce & a warm fuzzy fleece hat!

2nd place wins a 2-pack of award winning hot sauce!

3rd place and beyond will receive nothing but scorn and ridicule from everyone at FBG, and shall hang their heads in shame for all time. Wearing a scarlet letter is an individual choice, and optional, but encouraged.

Go!
:pickle:

Last edited:
Also just covering bases for any SHENANIGANS! I believe last year you did specify that not only must your guess be >0 points, your kicked must also have at least one FG (non-PAT). To avoid someone saying their kicker will get 3.0 pts and the long is 0 or "undefined" or whatever, hoping he just gets 3 PAT's and no FG attempts at all.

Long story short: last year your guy had to have at least 1 successful non-PAT FG to qualify at all.

Thanks for doing this again, HSG! Cool contest.

Long story short: last year your guy had to have at least 1 successful non-PAT FG to qualify at all.
Appreciate the reminder. And yeah, the “long of 0” is unacceptable for sure.
Yeah I suppose even just limiting the "long" to only the realistic range (>=17 or whatever) would probably take care of it. Because if you pick long of 17 and your guy doesn't make a FG, you just got 17 points on your score and there's 0% chance you win. But yeah, that was the rule last year, and that makes it simple.

Kaimi Fairbairn
Long FG - 49 yards
Total points - 13.4 points

If we are getting very extra specific, Kaimi will kick FG's of 28, 37, and 49 yards, and drill 2 EP's. He won't miss anything.

Users who are viewing this thread