What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**The Official** Chris Taylor Thread (1 Viewer)

Teef

Footballguy
So I landed this guy in my deep 16 team league and feel like it's pretty safe to drop him at moments notice. Heck, I hardly hear anything about him.However, it seems like he's receiving some of HOU's 1st team reps this preseason. I'm pretty much willing to take a flier on anybody who has opportunity, even if it's by default. What do the homers have to say about the big man?

Chris Taylor started the Texans' third preseason game in place of Chris Brown (knee) and ran 11 times for 47 yards. He caught a 15-yard pass.Taylor has an explosive first step and short-yardage ability, but sometimes looks like a back coming off knee surgery. While he didn't get going until Dallas' backups were in, the Texans want him to capture a big role. If Brown and Ahman Green can't get healthy, Taylor has a shot to start Week 1. He's looking like a late redraft option.
:thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Drafted him late in both of my big money leagues. I got him about 6 rounds after Ahman Green and Steve Slaton and I think he has just as good of a shot to start for Houston as either of them do so I think it was value worth grabbing.

Last edited by a moderator:
But I'm a little afraid to follow Nigel Gupful on any bandwagon. Most of his posts are completely guppified. He's the guppiest guppy to ever guppy.

But I'm a little afraid to follow Nigel Gupful on any bandwagon. Most of his posts are completely guppified. He's the guppiest guppy to ever guppy.
Dude, please. I eat guppies for breakfast. My team hasn't lost a game in 35 years. :lmao:
What are you playing? A 4 team league with a couple neighborhood kids and your dog?
No, just a league rife with scouts and former players. 100% shark-infested. :lmao:

Ahman Green is Ahman Green. Steve Slaton has turf toe. These are the two guys in front of Taylor, but they both have serious question marks over their heads. Taylor had a great game against Cleveland in 2006, and was injured all of last season. He has had trouble reading his cuts in the new offense, but Kubiak keeps running him out there. He also has good straight line speed and power. So, if you think that Ahman Green will become injured at any point (pretty safe bet,) then Taylor will be guaranteed some carries. And, considering Slaton's turf toe, it could be argued that he'll get more than some.

So, couple a good chance to get an opportunity with an Alex Gibbs offense and I think you have someone worth taking a flier on.

Slaton having a turf toe does throw an interesting curve into the situation. If it's bad and it lingers he could be hindered for most of the season, but it could be minor. Time will tell in Houston. I doubt Green will get and stay healthy. Brown will likely be cut. Walker? Not sure.

Ahman Green is Ahman Green. Steve Slaton has turf toe. These are the two guys in front of Taylor, but they both have serious question marks over their heads. Taylor had a great game against Cleveland in 2006, and was injured all of last season. He has had trouble reading his cuts in the new offense, but Kubiak keeps running him out there. He also has good straight line speed and power. So, if you think that Ahman Green will become injured at any point (pretty safe bet,) then Taylor will be guaranteed some carries. And, considering Slaton's turf toe, it could be argued that he'll get more than some.

So, couple a good chance to get an opportunity with an Alex Gibbs offense and I think you have someone worth taking a flier on.
Why would you say Slaton is ahead of Taylor? As of 8/29, the Texans Depth Chart had Taylor ahead of Slaton.

I own Taylor in five dynasty leagues - but the problem for him now that Brown is gone is that even in the event Green gets hurt they'll bring someone else in and the pie will probably still be divvied up three ways. But I still like him a lot more than Slaton.

Users who are viewing this thread