What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Next 100 best movies from the 80's (1 Viewer)

Actually, just found a glaring omission on my part for a foreign film thought it was 90s for some reason

Not worth revising at this point, and I’d be shocked if scores men or Shuke had it, but I will refrain from posting until the end

I assume same criteria we used, just how much you like the movie/how good you think the movie is?

My criteria are favorite movies from the 80 in the 80s, which means I don't really give a rat's *** whether a movie has aged well or not. Since I grew up in the 80s, it's going to be heavy on blockbusters/sci-fi/action, but I was a weird kid who was also into horror at a young age, so expect a lot of that as well. It works well because horror was a very notably omitted from the first list.

Working on rankings now and will have them to shuke today.
Honestly, it was a surprise for me as well. Not the overall list, but that not many made even my list. But we are attacking this from opposite angles, and that's the fun of it. Horror and action is what I watch in the 80s so if my criteria was the same as your (basically my favorite movies in 1990), it would be about 40% horror. But I did it as what I would grab now, and many of them I watch from the 80s don't entertain me quite as much anymore, or at least they are in the 80-200 range now instead of at the top.

Our approaches are different, but I am sure I will like or love 90% of your picks and the list in general. There are very few 80s movies I dislike to watch.

Last edited:
I will be checking and commenting in this one quite often......I expect brilliance when it comes to the next 100 best movies of 80’s that were missed in the first thread.....I am talking full on 80’s glory....melted in cheese and s***tty acting!!!

p.s give me some John Carpenter love in this countdown. He had several omitted.

Facts
We each submitted 60 movies.
10 movies appeared on all three of our lists. 9 of those make up the top 9 in the rankings.
23 movies appeared on two of our lists. Not sure yet how many are making the cut.
104 movies appeared only on one list.

Getting a beer and finalizing the sort.

I will be checking and commenting in this one quite often......I expect brilliance when it comes to the next 100 best movies of 80’s that were missed in the first thread.....I am talking full on 80’s glory....melted in cheese and s***tty acting!!!

p.s give me some John Carpenter love in this countdown. He had several omitted.
The soundtrack to "Escape From New York" alone should get it a spot in lists!

99. Barfly
shuke - #41

Warning that I am going to have some movies in here that don't scream "80s" but were movies I enjoyed during the decade. There was a point in my life that I thought Mickey Rourke was the coolest cat on Earth. The trailer really doesn't do the movie justice with that cheesy soundtrack playing.

99. Barfly
shuke - #41

Warning that I am going to have some movies in here that don't scream "80s" but were movies I enjoyed during the decade. There was a point in my life that I thought Mickey Rourke was the coolest cat on Earth. The trailer really doesn't do the movie justice with that cheesy soundtrack playing.

and back when Faye Dunaway was still lookin' pretty good (even though she plays a lousy barfly)

96 (tie). Running on Empty
shuke - #40

Not the most captivating movie throughout, but great performances by River Phoenix, Judd Hirsch, and Christine Lahti, who I had a huge milf crush on back in the day.

I know I've posted it before, but it is one of a handful of movies that can get me to cry, during this scene.

The family, who is on the run from the law, basically leaves Phoenix where he is to live his life, knowing they'll never see him again.

Oh, I see.

Now I get it. Should be 99 for the tie, though. If we're counting from one, that is.

So we're both half-right. Or I'm all ****ed up. Something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread