What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

THE BOOK DRAFT (2 Viewers)

Hey guys didn't forget about this just got called out at 645 this morning still working that problem don't know when I'll be back to my home pc but once I do get back I'll get this done.
Thank you for your time in this matter.

DC Thunder

3 - The Count of Monte Cristo - Alexandre Dumas - Thriller

Finished tCoMC yesterday. I've got mixed feelings on the book. There's a lot to like about the tCoMC, particularly the plot and the revenge theme. It's a very easy read (if overlong) and keeps your interest.

*** SPOILERS ***

However, there is a jarring discontinuity between Edmond Dantes and tCoMC. Other than the fortune the abbe wills to him, how do you explain his transformation from sailor to almost mythical being? tCoMC was a little to omnipotent to be believed. Then again this was written a long time ago, so maybe reader expectation are a little higher on the intrigue front. :shrug:

*** END SPOILERS ***

Also, it's not a well written book (although that may be because I'm reading a translation and not the original French version). Perhaps it's because Dumas was paid by the line (this was written in serial form); some of the digressions are not necessary and sometimes he gets overly descriptive.

The version I had also had 8 end notes detailing sections of the serial that were cut and what happened in the "deleted scenes." (There was only one I wish they'd kept: Danglars meets Luigi Vampa.)

Moving on to ...

cosjobs

1 - Lonesome Dove - Larry McMurtry - Drama

Need me to mail you a copy? I keep spares for friends.
I picked it up at B&N when I got tCoMC. I'm through 3 chapters and so far :thumbup: Thanks though

Need to figure out a book from everyone else's list to get.

cosjobs

Finished Lonesome Dove yesterday. Excellent book. My only complaint was the way the ending just sort of trailed off, althought that said, it's always a plus when the author leaves you wanting more. (And I know it is the penultimate point in a tetralogy, so everything couldn't be resolved, but it stood nicely on its own from the beginning, so why not the end as well).

McMurtry has a deft hand with characterization and I found myself laughing out loud many times as I read the book.

:thumbup:

(I've moved off the book draft for now and started Pale Fire by Nabokov.)

"Cloud Atlas" is on its way from Amazon and hopefully will be here later this week.
Verdict?
bump
Oops -- I haven't been updating. I read Cloud Atlas about a month ago, and definitely enjoyed it. Mitchell does a good job of writing convincingly in a variety of different genres (adventure, thriller, comedy, sci-fi).

On one hand, the structure of the novel is a little bit gimmicky, which the author acknowledges through the composer character describing "The Cloud Atlas Sextet," but it really does make the entire work more thought-provoking than it would be if everything were nice and linear. Obviously Mitchell wants us to think about the consequences of violence, colonialism, and subjugation. By structure the book this way, we get to see oppression play itself out forward in history, and then in the second half of the book we rewind back to its historical roots.

It would be interesting to read an analysis of religion in Cloud Atlas. The characters all vary in terms of their religiosity, with the first guy (sorry, but it's been a while and I've forgotten most of the character names) being quite sincerely devout, the people of Neo San Corpos (?) completely absorbed by a quasi-religious celebration of consumerism, and the Prescients being completely atheist. I'm sure the "Sloosha's Crossin'" story is supposed to make us think about how the roots of religious belief systems may be totally absurd and laughable to outsiders, and in that way one could argue that Mitchell takes a negative view of religion. On the other hand, since the entire novel revolves around the same person being reincarnated in different eras, it's not really that straightforward.

The one problem I ran into in terms of the story itself is how you're supposed to go from the "Luisa Del Ray (?)" story to the "old guy imprisoned in the nursing home" story. It seems like those two main characters are suppsed to be the same reincarned soul (like all the other main characters), but their lifetimes obviously overlap considerably, so that doesn't work.

Overall, a really good read. I'll probably go back and reread sometime. It's the sort of book that probably contains quite a few details that make more sense on a second reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
10.03 - The Magus - John Fowles - Thriller

The Magus was a book written in the 70's which is fastly becoming a classic. I don't know how many of you have a read it, but it is the basic plot structure that the movie "The Game" (with Michael Douglas) is loosely based on. It's about an incredibly cynical man in his twenties who has little respect for much but who thinks of himself as a rebellious thinker. This man moves off to a small island in Italy and there encounters a one of the most dynamic characters I have ever read about. Nothing is as it seems and Fowles does a great job with the protagonist's character development as the plot is continuously spun. Outstanding read as it is both intellectual, thrilling, and entertaining with a touch of romance.
Just finished this and have mixed feelings. (BTW, it was written in the early 60s - Michael Caine starred as N. Urfe in the 1968 film and the setting was Greece at least in the book). I can see where they got the notion for the Game, but the book's plot was very, very different.I thought it was well written and hung together well through the first 90%, but the ending left me cold. It was like Fowles couldn't figure out how to finish the story. The number of twists and turns was very well done (even if you've seen the Game, the differences here are enough to keep it interesting).

2.07 - mon - Catch 22 - Joseph Heller - Flex

I'm almost finished with Catch 22 and thought I'd weigh in now (as I search for new books to read): what a tremendous disappointment. The expectations may have been too high for this book, but I was underwhelmed. (And it probably didn't help that the edition I read had a preface by Heller crowing about what a crowning achievement the book was, but damn).

Anyway, bumping this to note the review and to prompt NCCommish to see if he's ready with his draft evaluation yet. I know he's only had 6 or 7 months to work on it, so it might be near finished. :hey:

10.03 - The Magus - John Fowles - Thriller

The Magus was a book written in the 70's which is fastly becoming a classic. I don't know how many of you have a read it, but it is the basic plot structure that the movie "The Game" (with Michael Douglas) is loosely based on. It's about an incredibly cynical man in his twenties who has little respect for much but who thinks of himself as a rebellious thinker. This man moves off to a small island in Italy and there encounters a one of the most dynamic characters I have ever read about. Nothing is as it seems and Fowles does a great job with the protagonist's character development as the plot is continuously spun. Outstanding read as it is both intellectual, thrilling, and entertaining with a touch of romance.
Just finished this and have mixed feelings. (BTW, it was written in the early 60s - Michael Caine starred as N. Urfe in the 1968 film and the setting was Greece at least in the book). I can see where they got the notion for the Game, but the book's plot was very, very different.I thought it was well written and hung together well through the first 90%, but the ending left me cold. It was like Fowles couldn't figure out how to finish the story. The number of twists and turns was very well done (even if you've seen the Game, the differences here are enough to keep it interesting).
Glad you liked it and I completely agree on the cold ending - I too was somewhat disappointed given the great lengths he went to sell the entire plot. As for "The Game," the reason I know the writers of the "Game" based it on the Magus was because my prof in undergrad was friends and classmates with the writers of "The Game."

A Confederacy of Dunces - John Kennedy Toole

This was a very well-written book. Intelligent and imaginative. I enjoyed reading it from a technical perspective, but it's not the type of book I really like. Four other members of my family have read this, and they all loved it.

I'm bumping the official draft (bolding those I've read) so I don't have to go searching through the thread next time I run out of books and need suggestions. If anyone wants to set up another poll (I guess the original was purged) feel free to do so. Now that I'm finally over the shame of losing to a drafter that took a poker book, I can experience that all over again.

*** THE BOOK DRAFT COMPLETE DRAFT LIST AND ROSTERS ***

1.01 - rikishiboy - The Foundation Series - Isaac Asimov - Series

1.02 - DC Thunder - The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald - Classic

1.03 - Ivankaramazov - The Stand - Stephen King - Horror

1.04 - mon - The Grapes of Wrath - John Steinbeck - Classic

1.05 - perry147 - The Lord of the Rings - J.R.R. Tolkein - Science Fiction/Fantasy

1.06 - Uncle Humuna - Moby **** - Herman Melville - Classic

1.07 - kupcho1 - 孫子兵法 (The Art of War) - 孫子 (Sun Tzu) - Nonfiction

1.08 - Woz - The Best Tales of Edgar Allen Poe - Edgar Allen Poe - Short Story Collection

1.09 - cosjobs - Lonesome Dove - Larry McMurtry - Drama

1.10 - Assani Fisher - 1984 - George Orwell - Science Fiction/Fantasy

2.01 - Assani Fisher - Catcher in the Rye - J. D. Salinger - Classic

2.02 - cosjobs - The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn - Mark Twain - Classic

2.03 - Woz - Gulliver's Travels - Jonathan Swift - Classic

2.04 - kupcho1 - A Confederacy of Dunces - John Kennedy Toole - Drama

2.05 - Uncle Humuna - Cat's Cradle - Kurt Vonnegut - Flex

2.06 - perry147 - The Iliad - Homer - Classic

2.08 - Ivankaramazov - Fight Club - Chuck Palahniuk - Thriller

2.09 - DC Thunder - Horatio Hornblower Series - C.S. Forester - Series

2.10 - rikishiboy - Don Quixote - Miguel de Cervantes - Classic

3.01 - rikishiboy - Frankenstein - Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley - Horror

3.02 - DC Thunder - The Count of Monte Cristo - Alexandre Dumas - Thriller

3.03 - Ivankaramazov - Brave New World - Aldous Huxley - Science Fiction/Fantasy

3.04 - mon - Tales of H. P. Lovecraft - H. P. Lovecraft - Horror

3.05 - perry147 - Atlas Shrugged - Ayn Rand - Drama

3.06 - Uncle Humuna - Dune - Frank Herbert - Science Fiction/Fantasy

3.07 - kupcho1 - Ulysses - James Joyce - Classic

3.08 - Woz - The Prince - Machiavelli - Nonfiction

3.09 - cosjobs - The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch - Philip K. **** - Horror

3.10 - Assani Fisher - Plato's Dialogues - Plato - Series

4.01 - Assani Fisher - When Pride Still Mattered: A Life of Vince Lombardi - David Maraniss - Nonfiction

4.02 - cosjobs - Travis McGee Series - John D. MacDonald - Series

4.03 - Woz - It - Stephen King - Horror

4.04 - kupcho1 - A Clockwork Orange - Anthony Burgess - Science Fiction/Fantasy

4.05 - Uncle Humuna - The Jack Ryan Series - Tom Clancy - Series

4.06 - perry147 - Walden - Henry David Thoreau - Nonfiction

4.07 - mon - And Then There Were None - Agatha Christie - Mystery

4.08 - Ivankaramazov - The Brothers Karamazov - Fyodor Dostoevsky - Drama

4.09 - DC Thunder - The Collected Short Stories of Ernest Hemingway - Ernest Hemingway - Short Story Collection

4.10 - rikishiboy - The Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown - Thriller

5.01 - rikishiboy - 12 Red Herring - Jeffrey Archer - Short Story Collection

5.02 - DC Thunder - The Name of the Rose - Umberto Eco - Mystery

5.03 - Ivankaramazov - The Crying of Lot 49 - Thomas Pynchon - Mystery

5.04 - mon - The Hobbit - J.R.R. Tolkein - Science Fiction/Fantasy

5.05 - perry147 - American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis - Horror

5.06 - Uncle Humuna - The Hound of the Baskervilles - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - Mystery

5.07 - kupcho1 - كتاب ألف ليلة و ليلة (The Book of One Thousand and One Nights) - Abu abd-Allah Muhammed el-Gahshigar - Short Story Collection

5.08 - Woz - Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen - Drama

5.09 - cosjobs - Tales of Ordinary Madness - Charles Bukowski - Short Story Collection

5.10 - Assani Fisher - The Works of George Berkeley - George Berkeley - Short Story Collection

6.01 - Assani Fisher - Theory of Poker - David Sklansky - Flex

6.02 - cosjobs - Matthew Scudder Series - Lawrence Block - Flex

6.03 - Woz - The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde - Flex

6.04 - kupcho1 - The Baroque Cycle - Neal Stephenson - Series

6.05 - Uncle Humuna - The Heart of Darkness - Joseph Conrad - Thriller

6.06 - perry147 - Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov - Flex

6.07 - mon - The Illustrated Man - Ray Bradbury - Short Story Collection

6.08 - Ivankaramazov - The Sound and the Fury - William Faulkner - Classic

6.09 - DC Thunder - Macbeth - Shakespeare - Drama

6.10 - rikishiboy - The Time Machine - H.G. Wells - Science Fiction/Fantasy

7.01 - rikishiboy - The Origin of Species - Charles Darwin - Nonfiction

7.02 - DC Thunder - Das Kapital - Karl Marx - Nonfiction

7.03 - Ivankaramazov - The Decameron - Giovanni Boccaccio - Short Story Collection

7.04 - mon - The Rabbit Angstrom Novels - John Updike - Series

7.05 - perry147 - The Canterbury Tales - Geoffrey Chaucer - Short Story Collection

7.06 - Uncle Humuna - Dracula - Bram Stoker - Horror

7.07 - kupcho1 - Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell - Flex

7.08 - Woz - The Chronicles of Narnia - C.S. Lewis - Series

7.09 - cosjobs - The Firm - John Grisham - Thriller

7.10 - Assani Fisher - LA Confidential - James Ellroy - Mystery

8.01 - Assani Fisher - One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel García Márquez - Drama

8.02 - cosjobs - The Right Stuff - Tom Wolfe - Nonfiction

8.03 - Woz - Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? - Phillip K. **** - Science Fiction/Fantasy

8.04 - kupcho1 - The Day of the Jackal - Frederick Forsyth - Mystery

8.05 - Uncle Humuna - Delta of Venus - Anais Nin - Short Story Collection

8.06 - perry147 - Red Dragon - Thomas Harris - Thriller

8.07 - mon - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - Ken Kesey - Drama

8.08 - Ivankaramazov - The Oedipus Trilogy - Sophocles - Series

8.09 - DC Thunder - The Wealth of Nations - Adam Smith - Flex

8.10 - rikishiboy - The Maltese Falcon - Dashiell Hammett - Mystery

9.01 - rikishiboy - Contest - Matthew Reilly - Drama

9.02 - DC Thunder - Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea - Jules Verne - Science Fiction/Fantasy

9.03 - Ivankaramazov - Anarchy, State and Utopia - Robert Nozick - Nonfiction

9.04 - mon - Jurassic Park - Michael Crichton - Thriller

9.05 - perry147 - The Sackets Series - Louis L'Amour - Series

9.06 - Uncle Humuna - Love in the Time of Cholera - Gabriel García Márquez - Drama

9.07 - kupcho1 - The Silence of the Lambs - Thomas Harris - Thriller

9.08 - Woz - To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee - Mystery

9.09 - cosjobs - The Sirens of Titan - Kurt Vonnegut - Science Fiction/Fantasy

9.10 - Assani Fisher - The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles - Julie Andrews - Thriller

10.01 - Assani Fisher - The Haunting of Hill House - Shirley Jackson - Horror

10.02 - cosjobs - Get Shorty - Elmore Leonard - Mystery

10.03 - Woz - The Magus - John Fowles - Thriller

10.04 - kupcho1 - The Books of Blood - Clive Barker - Horror

10.05 - Uncle Humuna - Cadillac Desert - Marc Reisner - Nonfiction

10.06 - perry147 - The Spy Who Came in From the Cold - John Le Carre - Mystery

10.07 - mon - Fates Worse Than Death - Kurt Vonnegut - Nonfiction

10.08 - Ivankaramazov - The Trial - Franz Kafka - Flex

10.09 - DC Thunder - The Tragical History of Doctor Faustus - Christopher Marlowe - Horror

10.10 - rikishiboy - War and Peace - Leo Tolstoy - Flex

rikishiboy

1 - The Foundation Series - Isaac Asimov - Series

2 - Don Quixote - Miguel de Cervantes - Classic

3 - Frankenstein - Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley - Horror

4 - The Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown - Thriller

5 - 12 Red Herring - Jeffrey Archer - Short Story Collection

6 - The Time Machine - H.G. Wells - Science Fiction/Fantasy

7 - The Origin of Species - Charles Darwin - Nonfiction

8 - The Maltese Falcon - Dashiell Hammett - Mystery

9 - Contest - Matthew Reilly - Drama

10 - War and Peace - Leo Tolstoy - Flex

DC Thunder

1 - The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald - Classic

2 - Horatio Hornblower Series - C.S. Forester - Series

4 - The Collected Short Stories of Ernest Hemingway - Ernest Hemingway - Short Story Collection

5 - The Name of the Rose - Umberto Eco - Mystery

6 - Macbeth - Shakespeare - Drama

7 - Das Kapital - Karl Marx - Nonfiction

8 - The Wealth of Nations - Adam Smith - Flex

9 - Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea - Jules Verne - Science Fiction/Fantasy

10 - The Tragical History of Doctor Faustus - Christopher Marlowe - Horror

Ivankaramazov

1 - The Stand - Stephen King - Horror

2 - Fight Club - Chuck Palahniuk - Thriller

3 - Brave New World - Aldous Huxley - Science Fiction/Fantasy

4 - The Brothers Karamazov - Fyodor Dostoevsky - Drama

5 - The Crying of Lot 49 - Thomas Pynchon - Mystery

6 - The Sound and the Fury - William Faulkner - Classic

7 - The Decameron - Giovanni Boccaccio - Short Story Collection

8 - The Oedipus Trilogy - Sophocles - Series

9 - Anarchy, State and Utopia - Robert Nozick - Nonfiction

10 - The Trial - Franz Kafka - Flex

mon

1 - The Grapes of Wrath - John Steinbeck - Classic

2 - Catch 22 - Joseph Heller - Flex

3 - Tales of H. P. Lovecraft - H. P. Lovecraft - Horror

4 - And Then There Were None - Agatha Christie - Mystery

5 - The Hobbit - J.R.R. Tolkein - Science Fiction/Fantasy

6 - The Illustrated Man - Ray Bradbury - Short Story Collection

7 - The Rabbit Angstrom Novels - John Updike - Series

8 - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - Ken Kesey - Drama

9 - Jurassic Park - Michael Crichton - Thriller

10 - Fates Worse Than Death - Kurt Vonnegut - Nonfiction

perry147

1 - The Lord of the Rings - J.R.R. Tolkein - Science Fiction/Fantasy

2 - The Iliad - Homer - Classic

3 - Atlas Shrugged - Ayn Rand - Drama

4 - Walden - Henry David Thoreau - Nonfiction

5 - American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis - Horror

6 - Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov - Flex

7 - The Canterbury Tales - Geoffrey Chaucer - Short Story Collection

8 - Red Dragon - Thomas Harris - Thriller

9 - The Sackets Series - Louis L'Amour - Series

10 - The Spy Who Came in From the Cold - John Le Carre - Mystery

Uncle Humuna

1 - Moby **** - Herman Melville - Classic

2 - Cat's Cradle - Kurt Vonnegut - Flex

3 - Dune - Frank Herbert - Science Fiction/Fantasy

4 - The Jack Ryan Series - Tom Clancy - Series

5 - The Hound of the Baskervilles - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - Mystery

6 - The Heart of Darkness - Joseph Conrad - Thriller

7 - Dracula - Bram Stoker - Horror

8 - Delta of Venus - Anais Nin - Short Story Collection

9 - Love in the Time of Cholera - Gabriel García Márquez - Drama

10 - Cadillac Desert - Marc Reisner - Nonfiction

kupcho1

1 - 孫子兵法 (The Art of War) - 孫子 (Sun Tzu) - Nonfiction

2 - A Confederacy of Dunces - John Kennedy Toole - Drama

3 - Ulysses - James Joyce - Classic

4 - A Clockwork Orange - Anthony Burgess - Science Fiction/Fantasy

5 - كتاب ألف ليلة و ليلة (The Book of One Thousand and One Nights) - Abu abd-Allah Muhammed el-Gahshigar - Short Story Collection

6 - The Baroque Cycle - Neal Stephenson - Series

7 - Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell - Flex

8 - The Day of the Jackal - Frederick Forsyth - Mystery

9 - The Silence of the Lambs - Thomas Harris - Thriller

10 - The Books of Blood - Clive Barker - Horror

Woz

1 - The Best Tales of Edgar Allen Poe - Edgar Allen Poe - Short Story Collection

2 - Gulliver's Travels - Jonathan Swift - Classic

3 - The Prince - Machiavelli - Nonfiction

4 - It - Stephen King - Horror

5 - Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen - Drama

6 - The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde - Flex

7 - The Chronicles of Narnia - C.S. Lewis - Series

8 - Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? - Phillip K. **** - Science Fiction/Fantasy

9 - To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee - Mystery

10 - The Magus - John Fowles - Thriller

cosjobs

2 - The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn - Mark Twain - Classic

3 - The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch - Philip K. **** - Horror

4 - Travis McGee Series - John D. MacDonald - Series

5 - Tales of Ordinary Madness - Charles Bukowski - Short Story Collection

6 - Matthew Scudder Series - Lawrence Block - Flex

7 - The Firm - John Grisham - Thriller

8 - The Right Stuff - Tom Wolfe - Nonfiction

9 - The Sirens of Titan - Kurt Vonnegut - Science Fiction/Fantasy

10 - Get Shorty - Elmore Leonard - Mystery

Assani Fisher

1 - 1984 - George Orwell - Science Fiction/Fantasy

2 - Catcher in the Rye - J. D. Salinger - Classic

3 - Plato's Dialogues - Plato - Series

4 - When Pride Still Mattered: A Life of Vince Lombardi - David Maraniss - Nonfiction

5 - The Works of George Berkeley - George Berkeley - Short Story Collection

6 - Theory of Poker - David Sklansky - Flex

7 - LA Confidential - James Ellroy - Mystery

8 - One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel García Márquez - Drama

9 - The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles - Julie Andrews - Thriller

10 - The Haunting of Hill House - Shirley Jackson - Horror

I should have figured out a way to get Infinite Jest on my roster. :moneybag:
:rolleyes: I asked for IJ for Christmas and didn't get it. Now I have to go buy it myself and put it at the bottom of my 10-book "to read" pile. I should get it finished by 2011.

*** THE BOOK DRAFT COMPLETE DRAFT LIST AND ROSTERS ***

1.01 - rikishiboy - The Foundation Series - Isaac Asimov - Series

1.02 - DC Thunder - The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald - Classic

1.03 - Ivankaramazov - The Stand - Stephen King - Horror

1.04 - mon - The Grapes of Wrath - John Steinbeck - Classic

1.05 - perry147 - The Lord of the Rings - J.R.R. Tolkein - Science Fiction/Fantasy

1.06 - Uncle Humuna - Moby **** - Herman Melville - Classic

1.07 - kupcho1 - 孫子兵法 (The Art of War) - 孫子 (Sun Tzu) - Nonfiction

1.08 - Woz - The Best Tales of Edgar Allen Poe - Edgar Allen Poe - Short Story Collection

1.09 - cosjobs - Lonesome Dove - Larry McMurtry - Drama

1.10 - Assani Fisher - 1984 - George Orwell - Science Fiction/Fantasy

2.01 - Assani Fisher - Catcher in the Rye - J. D. Salinger - Classic

2.02 - cosjobs - The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn - Mark Twain - Classic

2.03 - Woz - Gulliver's Travels - Jonathan Swift - Classic

2.04 - kupcho1 - A Confederacy of Dunces - John Kennedy Toole - Drama

2.05 - Uncle Humuna - Cat's Cradle - Kurt Vonnegut - Flex

2.06 - perry147 - The Iliad - Homer - Classic

2.08 - Ivankaramazov - Fight Club - Chuck Palahniuk - Thriller

2.09 - DC Thunder - Horatio Hornblower Series - C.S. Forester - Series

2.10 - rikishiboy - Don Quixote - Miguel de Cervantes - Classic

3.01 - rikishiboy - Frankenstein - Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley - Horror

3.02 - DC Thunder - The Count of Monte Cristo - Alexandre Dumas - Thriller

3.03 - Ivankaramazov - Brave New World - Aldous Huxley - Science Fiction/Fantasy

3.04 - mon - Tales of H. P. Lovecraft - H. P. Lovecraft - Horror

3.05 - perry147 - Atlas Shrugged - Ayn Rand - Drama

3.06 - Uncle Humuna - Dune - Frank Herbert - Science Fiction/Fantasy

3.07 - kupcho1 - Ulysses - James Joyce - Classic

3.08 - Woz - The Prince - Machiavelli - Nonfiction

3.09 - cosjobs - The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch - Philip K. **** - Horror

3.10 - Assani Fisher - Plato's Dialogues - Plato - Series

4.01 - Assani Fisher - When Pride Still Mattered: A Life of Vince Lombardi - David Maraniss - Nonfiction

4.02 - cosjobs - Travis McGee Series - John D. MacDonald - Series

4.03 - Woz - It - Stephen King - Horror

4.04 - kupcho1 - A Clockwork Orange - Anthony Burgess - Science Fiction/Fantasy

4.05 - Uncle Humuna - The Jack Ryan Series - Tom Clancy - Series

4.06 - perry147 - Walden - Henry David Thoreau - Nonfiction

4.07 - mon - And Then There Were None - Agatha Christie - Mystery

4.08 - Ivankaramazov - The Brothers Karamazov - Fyodor Dostoevsky - Drama

4.09 - DC Thunder - The Collected Short Stories of Ernest Hemingway - Ernest Hemingway - Short Story Collection

4.10 - rikishiboy - The Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown - Thriller

5.01 - rikishiboy - 12 Red Herring - Jeffrey Archer - Short Story Collection

5.02 - DC Thunder - The Name of the Rose - Umberto Eco - Mystery

5.03 - Ivankaramazov - The Crying of Lot 49 - Thomas Pynchon - Mystery

5.04 - mon - The Hobbit - J.R.R. Tolkein - Science Fiction/Fantasy

5.05 - perry147 - American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis - Horror

5.06 - Uncle Humuna - The Hound of the Baskervilles - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - Mystery

5.07 - kupcho1 - كتاب ألف ليلة و ليلة (The Book of One Thousand and One Nights) - Abu abd-Allah Muhammed el-Gahshigar - Short Story Collection

5.08 - Woz - Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen - Drama

5.09 - cosjobs - Tales of Ordinary Madness - Charles Bukowski - Short Story Collection

5.10 - Assani Fisher - The Works of George Berkeley - George Berkeley - Short Story Collection

6.01 - Assani Fisher - Theory of Poker - David Sklansky - Flex

6.02 - cosjobs - Matthew Scudder Series - Lawrence Block - Flex

6.03 - Woz - The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde - Flex

6.04 - kupcho1 - The Baroque Cycle - Neal Stephenson - Series

6.05 - Uncle Humuna - The Heart of Darkness - Joseph Conrad - Thriller

6.06 - perry147 - Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov - Flex

6.07 - mon - The Illustrated Man - Ray Bradbury - Short Story Collection

6.08 - Ivankaramazov - The Sound and the Fury - William Faulkner - Classic

6.09 - DC Thunder - Macbeth - Shakespeare - Drama

6.10 - rikishiboy - The Time Machine - H.G. Wells - Science Fiction/Fantasy

7.01 - rikishiboy - The Origin of Species - Charles Darwin - Nonfiction

7.02 - DC Thunder - Das Kapital - Karl Marx - Nonfiction

7.03 - Ivankaramazov - The Decameron - Giovanni Boccaccio - Short Story Collection

7.04 - mon - The Rabbit Angstrom Novels - John Updike - Series

7.05 - perry147 - The Canterbury Tales - Geoffrey Chaucer - Short Story Collection

7.06 - Uncle Humuna - Dracula - Bram Stoker - Horror

7.07 - kupcho1 - Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell - Flex

7.08 - Woz - The Chronicles of Narnia - C.S. Lewis - Series

7.09 - cosjobs - The Firm - John Grisham - Thriller

7.10 - Assani Fisher - LA Confidential - James Ellroy - Mystery

8.01 - Assani Fisher - One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel García Márquez - Drama

8.02 - cosjobs - The Right Stuff - Tom Wolfe - Nonfiction

8.03 - Woz - Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? - Phillip K. **** - Science Fiction/Fantasy

8.04 - kupcho1 - The Day of the Jackal - Frederick Forsyth - Mystery

8.05 - Uncle Humuna - Delta of Venus - Anais Nin - Short Story Collection

8.06 - perry147 - Red Dragon - Thomas Harris - Thriller

8.07 - mon - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - Ken Kesey - Drama

8.08 - Ivankaramazov - The Oedipus Trilogy - Sophocles - Series

8.09 - DC Thunder - The Wealth of Nations - Adam Smith - Flex

8.10 - rikishiboy - The Maltese Falcon - Dashiell Hammett - Mystery

9.01 - rikishiboy - Contest - Matthew Reilly - Drama

9.02 - DC Thunder - Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea - Jules Verne - Science Fiction/Fantasy

9.03 - Ivankaramazov - Anarchy, State and Utopia - Robert Nozick - Nonfiction

9.04 - mon - Jurassic Park - Michael Crichton - Thriller

9.05 - perry147 - The Sackets Series - Louis L'Amour - Series

9.06 - Uncle Humuna - Love in the Time of Cholera - Gabriel García Márquez - Drama

9.07 - kupcho1 - The Silence of the Lambs - Thomas Harris - Thriller

9.08 - Woz - To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee - Mystery

9.09 - cosjobs - The Sirens of Titan - Kurt Vonnegut - Science Fiction/Fantasy

9.10 - Assani Fisher - The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles - Julie Andrews - Thriller

10.01 - Assani Fisher - The Haunting of Hill House - Shirley Jackson - Horror

10.02 - cosjobs - Get Shorty - Elmore Leonard - Mystery

10.03 - Woz - The Magus - John Fowles - Thriller

10.04 - kupcho1 - The Books of Blood - Clive Barker - Horror

10.05 - Uncle Humuna - Cadillac Desert - Marc Reisner - Nonfiction

10.06 - perry147 - The Spy Who Came in From the Cold - John Le Carre - Mystery

10.07 - mon - Fates Worse Than Death - Kurt Vonnegut - Nonfiction

10.08 - Ivankaramazov - The Trial - Franz Kafka - Flex

10.09 - DC Thunder - The Tragical History of Doctor Faustus - Christopher Marlowe - Horror

10.10 - rikishiboy - War and Peace - Leo Tolstoy - Flex

rikishiboy

1 - The Foundation Series - Isaac Asimov - Series

2 - Don Quixote - Miguel de Cervantes - Classic

3 - Frankenstein - Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley - Horror

4 - The Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown - Thriller

5 - 12 Red Herring - Jeffrey Archer - Short Story Collection

6 - The Time Machine - H.G. Wells - Science Fiction/Fantasy

7 - The Origin of Species - Charles Darwin - Nonfiction

8 - The Maltese Falcon - Dashiell Hammett - Mystery

9 - Contest - Matthew Reilly - Drama

10 - War and Peace - Leo Tolstoy - Flex

DC Thunder

1 - The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald - Classic

2 - Horatio Hornblower Series - C.S. Forester - Series

4 - The Collected Short Stories of Ernest Hemingway - Ernest Hemingway - Short Story Collection

5 - The Name of the Rose - Umberto Eco - Mystery

6 - Macbeth - Shakespeare - Drama

7 - Das Kapital - Karl Marx - Nonfiction

8 - The Wealth of Nations - Adam Smith - Flex

9 - Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea - Jules Verne - Science Fiction/Fantasy

10 - The Tragical History of Doctor Faustus - Christopher Marlowe - Horror

Ivankaramazov

1 - The Stand - Stephen King - Horror

2 - Fight Club - Chuck Palahniuk - Thriller

3 - Brave New World - Aldous Huxley - Science Fiction/Fantasy

4 - The Brothers Karamazov - Fyodor Dostoevsky - Drama

5 - The Crying of Lot 49 - Thomas Pynchon - Mystery

6 - The Sound and the Fury - William Faulkner - Classic

7 - The Decameron - Giovanni Boccaccio - Short Story Collection

8 - The Oedipus Trilogy - Sophocles - Series

9 - Anarchy, State and Utopia - Robert Nozick - Nonfiction

10 - The Trial - Franz Kafka - Flex

mon

1 - The Grapes of Wrath - John Steinbeck - Classic

2 - Catch 22 - Joseph Heller - Flex

3 - Tales of H. P. Lovecraft - H. P. Lovecraft - Horror

4 - And Then There Were None - Agatha Christie - Mystery

5 - The Hobbit - J.R.R. Tolkein - Science Fiction/Fantasy

6 - The Illustrated Man - Ray Bradbury - Short Story Collection

7 - The Rabbit Angstrom Novels - John Updike - Series

8 - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - Ken Kesey - Drama

9 - Jurassic Park - Michael Crichton - Thriller

10 - Fates Worse Than Death - Kurt Vonnegut - Nonfiction

perry147

1 - The Lord of the Rings - J.R.R. Tolkein - Science Fiction/Fantasy

2 - The Iliad - Homer - Classic

3 - Atlas Shrugged - Ayn Rand - Drama

4 - Walden - Henry David Thoreau - Nonfiction

5 - American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis - Horror

6 - Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov - Flex

7 - The Canterbury Tales - Geoffrey Chaucer - Short Story Collection

8 - Red Dragon - Thomas Harris - Thriller

9 - The Sackets Series - Louis L'Amour - Series

10 - The Spy Who Came in From the Cold - John Le Carre - Mystery

Uncle Humuna

1 - Moby **** - Herman Melville - Classic

2 - Cat's Cradle - Kurt Vonnegut - Flex

3 - Dune - Frank Herbert - Science Fiction/Fantasy

4 - The Jack Ryan Series - Tom Clancy - Series

5 - The Hound of the Baskervilles - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - Mystery

6 - The Heart of Darkness - Joseph Conrad - Thriller

7 - Dracula - Bram Stoker - Horror

8 - Delta of Venus - Anais Nin - Short Story Collection

9 - Love in the Time of Cholera - Gabriel García Márquez - Drama

10 - Cadillac Desert - Marc Reisner - Nonfiction

kupcho1

1 - 孫子兵法 (The Art of War) - 孫子 (Sun Tzu) - Nonfiction

2 - A Confederacy of Dunces - John Kennedy Toole - Drama

3 - Ulysses - James Joyce - Classic

4 - A Clockwork Orange - Anthony Burgess - Science Fiction/Fantasy

5 - كتاب ألف ليلة و ليلة (The Book of One Thousand and One Nights) - Abu abd-Allah Muhammed el-Gahshigar - Short Story Collection

6 - The Baroque Cycle - Neal Stephenson - Series

7 - Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell - Flex

8 - The Day of the Jackal - Frederick Forsyth - Mystery

9 - The Silence of the Lambs - Thomas Harris - Thriller

10 - The Books of Blood - Clive Barker - Horror

Woz

1 - The Best Tales of Edgar Allen Poe - Edgar Allen Poe - Short Story Collection

2 - Gulliver's Travels - Jonathan Swift - Classic

3 - The Prince - Machiavelli - Nonfiction

4 - It - Stephen King - Horror

5 - Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen - Drama

6 - The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde - Flex

7 - The Chronicles of Narnia - C.S. Lewis - Series

8 - Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? - Phillip K. **** - Science Fiction/Fantasy

9 - To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee - Mystery

10 - The Magus - John Fowles - Thriller

cosjobs

2 - The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn - Mark Twain - Classic

3 - The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch - Philip K. **** - Horror

4 - Travis McGee Series - John D. MacDonald - Series

5 - Tales of Ordinary Madness - Charles Bukowski - Short Story Collection

6 - Matthew Scudder Series - Lawrence Block - Flex

7 - The Firm - John Grisham - Thriller

8 - The Right Stuff - Tom Wolfe - Nonfiction

9 - The Sirens of Titan - Kurt Vonnegut - Science Fiction/Fantasy

10 - Get Shorty - Elmore Leonard - Mystery

Assani Fisher

1 - 1984 - George Orwell - Science Fiction/Fantasy

2 - Catcher in the Rye - J. D. Salinger - Classic

3 - Plato's Dialogues - Plato - Series

4 - When Pride Still Mattered: A Life of Vince Lombardi - David Maraniss - Nonfiction

5 - The Works of George Berkeley - George Berkeley - Short Story Collection

6 - Theory of Poker - David Sklansky - Flex

7 - LA Confidential - James Ellroy - Mystery

8 - One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel García Márquez - Drama

9 - The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles - Julie Andrews - Thriller

10 - The Haunting of Hill House - Shirley Jackson - Horror
Almost 10 years on I still like my draft. Hope it rates highly in the NCCommish rankings.

Wonder what other drafters (if they're still around) think of their picks.

Users who are viewing this thread