What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** The 8-8 San Francisco 49ers - Let's forget 2014 thread *** (2 Viewers)

So...who the hell is going to be your new HC, any rumors about who they're looking at? Probably not, too soon.

Crazy the success Harbaugh had and the way he's just leaving, probably for the college game.

So...who the hell is going to be your new HC, any rumors about who they're looking at? Probably not, too soon.

Crazy the success Harbaugh had and the way he's just leaving, probably for the college game.
Someone already on the coaching staff. Probably Jim Tomasula.

Last edited by a moderator:

Schaefer said the Niners are in on McDaniels, the Broncos OC, SEA DC. I think the coach has to be another offensive hire.

Schaefer said the Niners are in on McDaniels, the Broncos OC, SEA DC. I think the coach has to be another offensive hire.
Whoever it is, it will be a huge downgrade.
And someone who doesn't mind having his strings pulled by the front office.

Today was the first SF game I didn't watch this year. I doubt I'll even re-up on the Sunday Ticket next season, the only reason I get it is to watch SF, and I'm not sure I wanna watch that dumpster fire next year.

Well, I have to hand it to Brian Murphy on KNBR this morning for asking Jed York the tough questions that most SF fans want answered.

Here's the podcast link: http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=851&c=4801&f=3797903 Here's a transcript of some of it: http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/12/30/jed-york-on-knbr-winning-with-class-is-what-matters/

Some personal takeways:

- With regards to the question of leaks, I was disappointed that Jed retreated to "well, it wasn't me", as if that's sufficient. Chicken####. You are the CEO. If someone in your organization is doing something you don't like, it's *your* job to go stop it. So by way of not stopping whoever was the mole, you implicitly endorse the behavior.

- With regards to the Thanksgiving day tweet, how hard would it be to say, "Yeah, that was a mistake. I was frustrated like all the fans and I let it get the better of me. I'll do better next time."

- He definitely caught himself up regarding "winning with class" and missteps around Aldon Smith and Ray McDonald. Just man up, take the bullet since the buck stops with you. Say you'll do better from here on out.

- Regarding the question to Jed, "You invited us to hold you accountable, how can we do that?", Jed avoided the only true response: "Don't buy our gear or tickets; root for another team". But in his defense, that would have been suicide.

- Pauly summed things up pretty well by pointing out that in the history of the NFL, only 4 coaches with similar success have been left for any reason other than retirement, and the Yorks are responsible for two of them.

It was almost painful to hear Jed squirm. If you're an angry fan needing the tiniest taste of schadenfreude, give the podcast a listen. It'll be interesting if Jed comes on the show again next year, especially if the new coach flounders.

eta: added the transcript.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread