What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

thank you Browns! (1 Viewer)

Manster

Footballguy
as a Cowboys fan that game gives me some hope for the future. the giants D was soft and eli reverted back to a turnover machine. i was so sick of hearing how the giants are the best team in the NFL.

Cowboys are still by far the bigger disappointment. Some nerve for a Cowboys fan to call the Giants overrated.

Last edited by a moderator:
as a Cowboys fan that game gives me some hope for the future. the giants D was soft and eli reverted back to a turnover machine. i was so sick of hearing how the giants are the best team in the NFL.
Even if they are not, they are still clearly better than the Cowboys.

Yeah, those defending Super Bowl Champion New York Giants are soft and overrated. No way they can look so bad and expect to win. There's been no instance of that recently from this team.

Yeah, those defending Super Bowl Champion New York Giants are soft and overrated. No way they can look so bad and expect to win. There's been no instance of that recently from this team.
There are fans of a lot of teams who have been waiting since last January/February for this moment. Let them have it. It won't last long.

the entire nfc east looked overrated this week. luckily philly came alive in the 2nd half to save some face.

regardless.... dallas will be watching the playoffs at home. :coffee:

There are fans of a lot of teams who have been waiting since last January/February for this moment. Let them have it. It won't last long.
I'm not a Giants fan; I wish my team won it though.

Cowboys are still by far the bigger disappointment. Some nerve for a Cowboys fan to call the Giants overrated.
hey, i'm just gettin my jabs in when i can. the Cowboys are in trouble, no doubt, but the giants looked pretty bad tonite. all i've been hearin lately is how good the giants are. i was looking at their first four games, with an OT win against the bungles, and thinkin they arent as good as chris berman thinks they are. they might very well bounce back big time. but it seems like they were a bit overrated, no?

I think the only thing that is certain now is that the Giants pass rush IS going to suffer as a result of losing those two stud d-lineman. Their relatively soft schedule early on masked this, but tonight exposed it. They will still have their weeks, but over the course of the season, they won't be the force they were last season.

Giants Homer and I disagree. Our D-line is still arguably the best one in the NFL, it's our linebackers corps that's not pulling their weight. Antonio Pierce didn't play a full game and if you watched Chase Blackburn was taking the majority of the snaps as the MIC. Justin Tuck and KiWi are just fine.. also jay alford started today at DT in a timeshare. We were a little banged up today, but we are still in desperate need of some athletic linebackers. Pierce is fine but we didn't match either offer for Mitchell or Torbor which killed us. Also, we aren't perfect and for the Dallas fans to come after us is just hilarious.

Everything the Cowboys have done in the off-season has comeback to kick them in the butts. Adam Jones?.. great signing, gets beat like he stole something every game. Newman is overrated, Roy is ancient. Your secondary gives up huge plays game in and game out. So far this season I've never seen the Cowboys control a game, they've won, but it's always been a shootout. How Dallas fans can call any other team in the NFL overrated is comedy. Tony Romo is overrated.

Hope that pinkie heals soon and good luck attempting not to finish dead last in the division :eek:

I am not a Giants fan or hater but I always thought they were over-rated every time I saw an analyst "crown their ###" this past week.

Who have they beaten?

The great winless Bengals?

The great 1 win team Rams?

The great 1 win team Seahawks?

Yes their only quality win is against the Redskins and that was in week 1 at home when the Skins played badly and were out of sync in their new O....and yes, those same Skins lost to the pathetic Rams.

The Giants have no more free bees now....their schedule gets really tough with 5 of 6 NFC East games, Steelers, Ravens, Cardinals etc etc

Let's see what they are really made of after they play some of the real schedule.

:popcorn: Agreed, the poor performance by the Giants on Monday night means nothing for Dallas as they still have their own problems. The loss by the Giants is just as meaningful for any Arizona, Washington, Minnesota, and Philly fan.

poor little Cowbois fan.
:popcorn: i take ####e for being a Cowboys fan whether we win or lose, so whatever. the NFC East is wide open, baby!
Well, the problem is when you post comments the way you do, you deserve it. You could have created something a little more clever, maybe posting some of the less than great teams they've beaten so far and try and let the readers determine that maybe you have a point.When you come across like a guy where misery likes company, that the Cowboys are down but hey, so are the Giants, it's hard to jump on board with that.I don't care about the Giants poor performance last night. I'm concerned about playing 3 games without Romo at 3-2. I'm not as scared about the Rams game, although maybe I should since they just beat Washington. However, even if we can pull out a victory versus the Rams, we have Tampa Bay and the Giants before the bye. Tampa is playing very well, better than Dallas and of course the Giants will be a tough game.

I'm now a believer - absolutely any team can look really bad on any given week. Doesn't matter the circumstances, home, away, Monday or Sunday, day or night, cold or warm...anyone can play like they're a Pop Warner team.

At least the Giants lost on the road, to a team that played more up to their capabilities than earlier this year. At least the Cowboys lost to Zona in Zona, where the Cards are turning into semi-beasts themselves.

The Skins own the most embarrassing loss of the week, and maybe of the entire season. The Rams didn't look good - the Skins were just that bad. :bag:

So I guess it goes something like:

NFC East

1. Giants 11-5

2. Redskins 10-6

3A. Dallas 9-7?

3B. Philly 9-7?

Dallas and Philly are more of a wildcard in terms of predicting future performance. Either of them could finish 12-4 but I really dont have a clue.

I'd still say this is the talent division of the NFC, so you've got that going for you...

The Giants lost the game because of Eli turning the football over (i.e., making some bad passes/decisions). If he takes care of the ball, this is a really solid team.

hey, i'm just gettin my jabs in when i can. the Cowboys are in trouble, no doubt, but the giants looked pretty bad tonite. all i've been hearin lately is how good the giants are. i was looking at their first four games, with an OT win against the bungles, and thinkin they arent as good as chris berman thinks they are. they might very well bounce back big time. but it seems like they were a bit overrated, no?
No.In this league, you are only as good as your last game. So, when going like gangbusters, everyone is on the team. When trouble hits, everyone jumps off. So, based upon this week, I guess the sky is falling in Washington and New York, while Philly is "right back where they want to be". Happens every year.So, while I'm not happy with the G-men's performance, I am not going Chicken Little either.As for your team, enjoy your :goodposting: ...I am sure TO is going to LOVE the dink-dunk game and will be a team player.

The Giants had a bad game due to turnovers, but they are still better than the Cowboys who have looked mediocre over the last 3 weeks.

The Giants are still the best team in the NFL

The Giants lost the game because of Eli turning the football over (i.e., making some bad passes/decisions). If he takes care of the ball, this is a really solid team.
Actually I'd say the giants lost because the defense couldn't stop the Browns, not even once. No punts and no turnovers.

Actually I'd say the giants lost because the defense couldn't stop the Browns, not even once. No punts and no turnovers.
That is exactly what I was going to say. Eli's turnovers didn't help, but when your defense doesn't create a turnover or force the other team to punt even once, it is hard to not give them much of the blame for the loss.

I am not a Giants fan or hater but I always thought they were over-rated every time I saw an analyst "crown their ###" this past week. Who have they beaten?The great winless Bengals?The great 1 win team Rams?The great 1 win team Seahawks?Yes their only quality win is against the Redskins and that was in week 1 at home when the Skins played badly and were out of sync in their new O....and yes, those same Skins lost to the pathetic Rams. The Giants have no more free bees now....their schedule gets really tough with 5 of 6 NFC East games, Steelers, Ravens, Cardinals etc etcLet's see what they are really made of after they play some of the real schedule.
Here is the correct answer. The Giants are nothing special, the Cowboys are better than them no matter what you think. Eli was finally back to his normal self and the defense is showing how they're actually going to be this year. The Cowboys are more talented than this bunch by far.

if you know Giants history, they've ALWAYS played to the level of their opponents....last night was no different..I guarantee next weekend, Giants win,big, and Brownies inexplicably lose big, by double digits..

the Browns suck, they had two weeks to prepare for this game coming off the bye..nice win, but if they played 10 times in a row, Giants win 9 of them.

and a cowboy's fan bashing the Giants as 'overrated' is comical..what has Dallas won since the mid-1990's?!?!

yeah Dallas might have more talent, but that did them nothing late in the playoffs last season,now did it? GB had more talent, Giants beat them..NE had more talent then both GB + Dallas, combined.we beat NE too..

`talent` means nothing if you don't win the big one..its just another way of saying 'never having done it'.

the current Dallas roster is loaded with 'talent'.. :yawn:

so,whats Romo's record in playoff games? oh thats right, OH-fer..

:goodposting: :thumbup: :rolleyes:

bashing Eli is hillarious, at least he wins playoff games.on the road.wins SB's,and SB mvps..

the Jets SMOKED Arizona..you're 'boys couldn't even beat them?!?!

the JETS for petes sake..

Last edited by a moderator:
That is exactly what I was going to say. Eli's turnovers didn't help, but when your defense doesn't create a turnover or force the other team to punt even once, it is hard to not give them much of the blame for the loss.
:goodposting:

I just have to point out that the G-Men looked like they had some quit in 'em last night that I hadn't seen since this time last year

we have seen that they obviously can turn it around

but to huddle up for the full play clock for 4 or 5 straight plays when down 3 scores and 6 minutes left WTH was that?

and then to let JLew just gash them in the 4th quarter when they needed the ball back

showed some quit in 'em

Users who are viewing this thread