What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Travis Kelce, KC (1 Viewer)

Listed as questionable.

Not even doubtful.

Really?
The NFL no longer has a "doubtful" classification, just questionable or OUT.
Interesting. When did that change??
After Belichik abused it.*

*My opinion, this is not necessarily fact.
this isn't the case. Probable was removed. Not Doubtful.
Details. I'd prefer to just irrationally blame Belichik.

Picking 3rd in a draft in 5 minutes - He was my original target...would I be crazy to still take him at #3? If he was healthy that'd be my pick, but I'm just worried his injury isn't fully understood yet.

Listed as questionable.

Not even doubtful.

Really?
The NFL no longer has a "doubtful" classification, just questionable or OUT.
Interesting. When did that change??
After Belichik abused it.*

*My opinion, this is not necessarily fact.
this isn't the case. Probable was removed. Not Doubtful.
Details. I'd prefer to just irrationally blame Belichik.
Not many details. They didn't remove the "doubtful" designation, they removed the "probable" designation.

Well, our own Joe Bryant pouring some cold water on brother Kelce's comments:

View attachment 4260
Joe Bryant
@Football_Guys

The latest this morning on Travis Kelce and Joe Burrow. I’d be surprised to see Kelce tomorrow night but will know more today. Most of what I’m hearing this morning is a 2 to 4 week issue.

Not cold water. But I'm hearing more 2-4. That's entirely subject to change though.

On the upside, the decision for GMs is pretty simple I think. If he's your TE (like he is for me in my most important league), be ready to have him be declared out tomorrow evening. If he's active, I think he's a top 5 TE. Even a limited Kelce is better than most every teams second TE.

Where do we have him ranked if we're drafting right now? 0.5 PPR
I would say mid to late second with the uncertainty. Depending on the league, he could go much sooner, depending on the level of research the other owners in that league do. I just had a low money ($25) work league PPR draft tonight that is not very competitive and he went 1.6.

I took him at 1.4 in a medium money league last week before the injury, so welp. It’s me. I am the mark in the room.

I would say mid to late second with the uncertainty. Depending on the league, he could go much sooner, depending on the level of research the other owners in that league do. I just had a low money ($25) work league PPR draft tonight that is not very competitive and he went 1.6.

I took him at 1.4 in a medium money league last week before the injury, so welp. It’s me. I am the mark in the room.
I almost took him at 1.03 on Monday. Glad I dodged that bullet

Later 1st Round tonight, have been in drafts where he went as high as #2 overall
I don't think many folks are operating on the 2-4 weeks theory, that would make Kelce a 1st round disaster if he's out an entire month
I know we don't have any confirmation but a bone bruise on the knee has got to be painful

Look at it from the Chiefs' POV, they just won their 2nd Super Bowl out of 3 trips over the last 5 years, there is absolutely NO RUSH for Kelce to be on the field.
They might lose a game or two they shouldn't but they are far better off getting Kelce healthy.

-28% of KC targets went to Kelce last year if my ears heard correctly. Almost 1/3, astonishing

It's not just you. I took him at 1.04 as well. Drafted Monday night. 1st news I see on Tuesday is Kelce is hurt. FML. To compound my pain I have Mahomes as well. Got him in the 3rd round. I picked up Higbee on waivers so at least I have a warm body in case Travis can't go.

I was going for the Kelce/Maholmes stack as well, but just missed out and took Hurts instead. I didn’t draft another TE, so I may just have to throw a dart at the WW later today if Kelce doesn’t suit up.

An overwhelming number of Teams in the High Stakes space, across all formats, drafted the Mahomes/Kelce stack.

I am not among them. Almost was. Drafted yesterday evening from the 4th position, with every intention of going that route had the pair fell to me.

I've been on the ****-end of the stick plenty of times over 30 some-odd years of enjoying Fantasy Football. Too many of us know all too well how some of our peers, friends and rivals are feeling right now.

As much as it benefits me for Kelce to be sidelined, as a fan of NFL Football, I can't help but think the NFL is more enjoyable with Mahomes-to-Kelce happening weekly.

Very confident the Reid/Nagy/Mahomes brain trust will figure something out with between McKinnon, the WR collective and Noah Gray.

Next man up! You've been training for this for 3 years now. It's your time!

I almost took him at 1.03 on Monday. Glad I dodged that bullet
I took him 1.2 on Monday. :bag:

NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reports the Chiefs will “put star TE Travis Kelce through a workout this morning to test his injured knee” to determine his availability for Week 1 against the Lions.

Football is officially back, but whether or not Kelce will be a part of the return is still up in the air. Kelce suffered a hyper-extended knee on Tuesday and is reportedly dealing with a bone bruise. It sounds like the Chiefs will give him every chance to prove he can go tonight, but giving him a week or two to fully recover may be the right move. Kelce could be a true game-time decision for tonight’s opener against the Lions, which means fantasy managers should be ready to move him out of their lineups if he’s listed as an inactive before kickoff. Noah Gray could be used as a desperation streaming option if Kelce is unable to go.

I. Rapp and Florio reporting that Kelce isn't in pain.

Florio saying it's Kelce's decision.

If those two things are true, hard to see him not playing.

Great news! Do I start Kelce or Hockenson -- I know, I know, ridiculous problem to have, but its dynasty. Traded for Hockenson this off season preparing for the possibility of this being Kelce's final year

Great news! Do I start Kelce or Hockenson -- I know, I know, ridiculous problem to have, but its dynasty. Traded for Hockenson this off season preparing for the possibility of this being Kelce's final year
If Kelce is playing he is in your lineup. I know that is an obvious statement.

If Kelce is playing he is in your lineup. I know that is an obvious statement.
Its really not. I'd be fine playing Hockenson over a gimpy Kelce for one week.

Kelce knows there will be more tail watching this game than any other regular season game this year.

He's playing.
We don’t think them activating some random TE is a sign Kelce is out?
Not necessarily. Reid has played with 4 tight ends before. Not sure who will be inactive because of it. Maybe Kelce if he really can't go. But I wouldn't be surprised if they had 4 tight ends this game.

How soon before the game starts will we know his official status
Probably will know when KC Offense trots out for their first series.

He just isn't worth playing IMO.
Would the Chiefs keep Kelce on the gameday active roster and then simply sit him? Was kind of hoping they'd make the 90-minutes-before-kickoff announcement, and then Kelce owners could adjust accordingly.

Imagine being a world class athlete whose older brother tells national media “yeah I had one of those, stupidest thing ever. tried to kick a piece of firewood backwards. super painful…but since the ACL is intact, he probably can’t make it worse by playing. it’s just pain management.”

Travis: Sonuva…

(probably)

Users who are viewing this thread